Castor EDC Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I love the ease-of-use, platform accessibility, multi-user options, and great customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lack of statistical tools for survey work. I'd love to see some incorporation of data reporting dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great, economical tool if you are looking for a way to do longitudinal research, quality improvement, or program evaluation over time. Castor allows for use of the entire platform, or use of the survey portion only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Castor allows us to perform research and program evaluation across several institutions. Being in the health services research field, we are still concerned about many things that are also pertinent in clinical research, but most electronic data capture tools on the market are not feasible for our needs. With Castor we've been able to pull together several institutions with standardized survey questions and common goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Helene,

Thank you for your 5-star review! Survey management improvement is one of our priorities this year and we have taken your provided feedback as input for further development! We are planning to expand our R-Shiny dashboard to survey data analysis in the future. Great to hear that Castor has met your needs and we hope that you will conduct many more studies using the platform.

- Elena

Castor EDC Overview

What is Castor EDC?

Castor EDC is a cloud-based Electronic Data Capture, eCRF, ePRO, eCOA, eConsent, Decentralized Trials and eTMF platform that enables researchers to easily capture and integrate data from any source in real-time. Highlights: ● Build a study within hours using an intuitive form builder ● 90% of studies in Castor are built and pass UAT in less than 4 weeks ● Capture patient, clinician, EMR/EHR, and device data on a central platform ● Monitor study progress through real-time reporting ● Enable decentralized and hybrid trials using the latest technology ● Compliant with 21 CFR Part 11, GCP, GDPR and HIPAA ● ISO27001 and ISO9001 certified ● Top-rated EDC and ePRO system ● World-class support

Castor EDC Details
English, Dutch

Castor's EDC, ePRO, eCOA, Digital Enrollment, eConsent, eSource, and eTMF solutions enable researchers to easily capture and integrate data from any source and decentralize their trials.

Users can build studies on Castor within hours leveraging pre-built templates. 90% of studies in Castor are built and pass UAT in less than 4 weeks, significantly faster than the industry benchmark. Castor also enables users to integrate EMR/EHR, patient, clinical and device data in one platform.

Castor EDC

Castor EDC Reviews

Showing 31 Castor EDC reviews
Already have Castor EDC?
Senior redactielid
What do you like best?

The major benefit of using Castor is having alway access to the database. It provides an overview and the posibility of multiple researchers working in one database and monitors changes and reasons for change of data. Making it easy for me to trust others with the database. If prefered I can also decide not to give someone full-access but only access to the relevant data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a more interactive view of included and excluded patients. Incorporating collors. Additionally when sending a survey to a patient, I am obligated to fill out the email adress also in the first list through a 'change email' action. This feels as an unnessecary action, also creating room for error.

I additionally would like an option to, when extracting data, requesting CASTOR to provide 1 output file, instead of separate files per survey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are multiple data management software packages of which Castor is one of the providers you can choose from. I recomment Castor as its easy to use with quick and easy support. They help me build my database the way I want to be. Some of the other providers request you to be more experienced. If this is not the case, Castor is really easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A database with fixed data, meaning that it is not possible to provide the wrong action per question/data box as the outcomes are predefined. This is a risk using Excel or SPSS. Additionally I can let patients fill out the questionnaires, directly translating this into datapoints, no more manually filling out data in SPSS per questionnaires, saving hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MD
What do you like best?

Castor is VERY user friendly. We do several studies with over 40 different studies, therefore a lot of new staff needs to be trained for our CRF. Since we use Castor we find less 'user mistakes' in the data we collect. The forms are filled out intuitively which saves a lot of time for monitoring and improves our data quality. Besides that Castor is fast, and the helpdesk is always available in case we need them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently nothing. Sometimes we run into features that we want to have in our eCRF and so far Castor always worked with us to make sure we get those features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for eCRF's for research purposes I would highly recommend Castor after having used several other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data being lost because research nurses do not know exactly how or where to fill the data! This was a major problem with previous eCRF's that we used in 10 different countries. Also problems with randomisation where solved as this feature is inside the eCRF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Thank you, Anne-Floor! Great to hear that Castor has improved the data quality of your studies - that's exactly what we aim to do: to make research as efficient as possible by allowing easy and secure collection of standardized data across the globe!

Biotechnology Specialist
What do you like best?

Since I saw this system, it seemed ideal to try it, and since then I have liked to use it, for its good and friendly interface, this system has been able to adapt to the most demanding clinical standards of my business, has been able to provide me with an excellent database of the different studies that I carry out in my laboratory and also to keep a record of each patient.

Thanks to the number of functions that this system has, my team has been able to be efficient in their respective tasks, since it has been possible to optimize delivery times for clinical studies and leaving clients satisfied with the work done. Also, I liked the attention provided by the technical support staff, who have been very attentive and professional, able to correct any system error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I have no complaints about this system, I feel very satisfied using this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your business consists of a clinical laboratory or clinic, I believe that this system is ideal for you, without a doubt this system is economical and has many functions capable of speeding up your work in the best way and manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to this system, we can maintain a controlled order of the entire database that my company counts on, allowing us to review and carry out an analysis of the patterns produced by each medical study carried out. It has also allowed us to gain time in decision-making, thanks to the detailed reports that can be issued by the system and that are very understandable.

Thanks to Castor EDC, we have been able to elevate our service pattern to an international standard, which allows us to self-evaluate in relation to the level of quality of service and customer service, among many other functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Thanks Robert for your positive review! We're very pleased to hear that your demands have been met and that you and your clients are satisfied with what you get from Castor! It also makes me personally very happy that you have pointed out our support team who does their best to help our customers :-)

Phd-student (aio)
What do you like best?

Castor does was it promises to do, has a lot of features and is flexible to use. The help section is nice and informative. At some point I wanted to extend the duration of using the system, and Castor was very helpful. I like the feature of sending and exporting questionnaires very much. This way I can make sure that data is never lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a problem once when the system went offline without warning me in advance. The automatic questionnaires were not sent and I would have liked to get a message about that, since it is very important for my research that questionnaires are sent in time. I also would like to get a warning if a questionnaire is sent to a non existing e-mail adress. Furthermore, sometimes exporting data is difficult, because I have multiple pages with records. If I change the page to show me all records, this change disappears every time I reload the page. At the beginning, it took me some time to learn how to use the website, because the tabs are a bit difficult. For example, I struggled with the difference between the tabs 'structure' and 'form'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Castor I don't have to worry about the safety of my data. The system also works really well for sending questionnaires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Datamanagement Consultant and Developer Clinical Studies
What do you like best?

The simple and easy way of setting up a complete study.

One stop shop: study CRF, reports, surveys, randomization

A very good and thorough audit trail Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of being able to change the layout, even if it's small simple changes

Having to use unique variables over different visits that capture the exact same data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Castor is free untill you go Live with your study. So you can try it out free of charge. See how it works, see what all you can do with the EDC.

It prevents you of having to combine different data capture applications such as survey and/or randomization-applications.

Castor keeps improving often with upgrades every 3 to 4 months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Castor has a discount price for all researchers within Amsterdam UMC. Amsterdam UMC and Castor are working on having a total collaboration with each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Thank you for the review, Alden! We hope to increase our collaboration with your institute even further.

While the forms are customizable to a large extent, the user interface is standard - but with our new navigation and design we hope that you won't need to change the layout at all! Further, if you are capturing the same data across study visits, we recommend using repeated measures. Then you can use the same variables and forms across the study.

AH
What do you like best?

From the very beginning the support from Castor has been excellent. Their team provided a very good demonstration of the database and help put together a competitive and comprehensive package for our multicentre clinical trial. I found the database incredibly intuitive to use and this made populating a CRF very easy. We like it so much we have set up other studies with the same database system across our research facility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have no concerns regarding the database at present - initially several years ago we did encounter some limitations on mobile platforms but these have all been ironed out with regular updates and support from Castor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A particular challenge with our study is that it is international and therefore the data capture and audit is often done remotely. As a sponsor site we required a system that would allow us to easily audit the data quality, raise any queries and have a system to track these changes. Castor EDC ticks all the boxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Thank you for your review and great to hear that Castor ticks all the boxes! Having one EDC system within the entire research facility is indeed advantageous, especially since you can share and re-use study forms (and data!). We hope that many more successful studies will be conducted at your institute!

-Elena

Nuclear Medicine Physician
What do you like best?

- ease of use

- flexibility (can be adjusted to all your needs)

- interface (clear, pretty)

- data logging including audit trail implementation

- stability (never experienced downtime)

- the ability to stratify

- randomisation feature (I was totally blinded to my own study)

- security

- service (I experienced exceptional result during randomisation of the first patients, questionning the pure randomness of the tool, the programmers dived into the randomisation tables and were able to convince me of pure randomness: in the end all turned out alright)

- my PhD-student told me also the download feature was working as she expected, she was very glad with that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- if you only have one study in the EDC, you still have to select it in step 1. Maybe, if only one study is linked to the account, Castor could automatically select that one

- not possible to have Castor being filled automatically from other sources (e.g. EPD)

- the ability to anonimise, store and retrieve DICOM (medical image) data would make it the perfect solution for my application (now using a 3rd party service that has a lot of downtime).

- a warning for overstratification could be implemented when setting-up the statrification tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

unless automated database filling from e.g. EPD is mandatory, seriously consider this product, it fitted all my (and legislative) needs for a multicenter randomised clinical trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- central reading of a 15-center multicenter trial, according to all legistlation and recommendations (DPA, GCP) within the budgettary limits of this project Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your review and all the outlined pros! I am happy to inform you that Castor actually can be integrated with local EPD systems using our FHIR importer! This can be done on institute level.

We are also working on large file storage and this is coming very soon, so you will be able to store DICOM images. Thank you for the input and the 5 stars!

-Elena

Drs
What do you like best?

very easy and intuitive program. even for doctors... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing. no comments to add to this...... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

one of my scientific study groups also uses Castor to build their online CRF. It enables them to mange the system themselves (which is very easy to do). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It has a powerful but user friendly online builder. I also sent a few feature suggestions to the developers and I got a swift and welcoming response. The front end looks very user friendly but still professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some features could use a bit more expanding, mainly in options for text formatting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a proper, user friendly EDC for a multicenter registry. Castor EDC was a perfect fit! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clinical Studies Engineer
What do you like best?

Ease of use, flexibility, extremely responsive and helpful customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way records / forms are shown sometimes makes it a bit hard to find and access the data I'm interested in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running our first commercial studies as a small company with Castor EDC was a great solution, in order to get all the functionalities we needed while remaining within budget Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for this review! Did you know that in the Records tab you can search for records containing certain data values? When navigating within records, understanding the structure of the study (phases and steps) is key to quickly finding the forms of interest. I wish you plenty of success with your future Castor studies!

Facultativo Especialista de Area Anestesia
What do you like best?

It is a really intuitive platform, you don't need to read a user's manual to manage to enter data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues to improve, as when using filters, but those are minor problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use, intuitive, reliable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinating multicenter studies is easy with Castor, as users don't have problems to work with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Ane,

Thank you for your 5-star review! User-friendliness is what we aim for, so that researchers can save precious time when creating a database and filling in data. A new navigation and design is coming soon and improvement of the layout and filters will be key, stay tuned!

Elena

What do you like best?

The data insertion is intuitive and straightforward. Also the way the webpage is built appears nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Actually there is nothing I dislike particularly. I would suggest to allow the insetion of the data even in the case that some outcome is missing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Castor for people committed to multicenter research project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have realized a great help in the collection of the data during patient recruitment for a big European study. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! Using the 'missing' option is intended for data that is missing for whatever reason, that is why it is not possible to add data to a data point that has been marked as missing. If you change your mind, you can click on the cogwheel and select 'user missing' again - then you can add data again.

Good to hear that you found Castor useful for multicenter studies and good luck further with your research!

-Elena

What do you like best?

easy access

user friendly

ability to interact

data adaptability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the many repetitive pages

the way to go out and in Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

every day practice

a tool for everybody who needs to organize a study Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The support when encountering problems I.e. uploading data from other resources is great.

In addition the website works rather intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some minor issues with removing multiple entries after an researcher based error. It would be convenient to be able to remove entries per batch.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A highly structured data entry and decreasing the intro personal variability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Thank you for your review! We do pride ourselves on our customer support so thank you for pointing it out. Correcting erroneous data in bulk can be done through import (of the correct data) or by recreating the record of interest. Importing 'empty' data to clear multiple data points is something that might be possible in the future.

PHD Candidate Gastroenterology
What do you like best?

Easy, and user-friendly interface to build your database / questionnaires in. The opportunities to let multiple users fill in data via their webbrowser.

Contact with helpdesk is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For repetitive questions it could be made easier to copy and directly edit the questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can also test questionnaire before using the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building a database from patient files. Castor EDC fullfills all legal requirements concerning this delicate information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Krijn,

Thank you for your review! Did you know that you can copy and edit questions directly? To do this, simply use the copy icon next to a field and then select the option 'copy and edit field'. Furthermore, if you simply copy a field, you can also double-click on the label and variable name for easy editing. Hope this helps!

-Elena

UR
What do you like best?

Making the questionaires for my research study took some time, but was easy enough and they look nice and feel safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The link to ldot isn't working yet and the line up of some images with anwsers wasn't possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When it works, it'll safe a lot of paper and manual work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. Ldot is an external application that uses Castor's API for integration. Therefore if the links are not working, I would advise you to contact Ldot's support so that they can find a solution for you as this is beyond our control. Otherwise if you encounter problems within Castor, please contact us as our support team is happy to help.

-Elena

AM
What do you like best?

The questionnaires you can send, and the fact that you can plan for them to be sent on future dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reports are a bit more difficult to compose when building your study Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do use it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing a randomized controlled trial in different hospitals throughout the Netherlands. Safe datamanagement and storage. Easy to use data-entering system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Easy to learn and Use. interface are beautiful and useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I test data entry on US server from Thailand little slow in save progress Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Castor EDC are help to start Clinical Data management to be fast and easy. I can start new project 1 week Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi there,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are making our interface even more beautiful, stay tuned for the coming release :) We have also made substantial improvements to our US server performance. Using it from locations distant from the US can still result in a less than optimal performance, but hopefully this has improved for you in the meantime.

AR
What do you like best?

The platform is straightforward, so easy to use! The team is excellent and has been really helpful throughout the entire process of design of the study and data collection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular, the platform is constantly improving Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clinical trial on psychosocial intervention Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Thank you for your review! We are always happy to help and reviews like this make our day :)

What do you like best?

The Castor layout is very clear; it looks simple, yet it harbors a great variety of functions. You can easily set up a large database, and using the tutorials it doesn't take much time to become proficient in using the software. If you experience a problem, customer support acts promptly and in a personal way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At some points it would be nice to be able to use 'programming' to enhance parts of your database. On the other hand, the current system is very comprehensive and also prevents that you make mistakes or miscalculations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend Castor EDC when you need an electronic study database that also meets requirements for GCP (Good Clinical Practice). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are running a large randomized controlled clinical trial and also use Castor EDC to perform a systematic review of medical studies. Using Castor, we have been able to keep our data up to date and monitor our own data capture and users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Rutger,

Thank you for the 5 stars! User-friendliness and great customer support are some of our top priorities, so we're super happy that you point those out :) We always accept suggestions for enhancements, so do let us know if you have any!

All the best,

Facultativo Especialista Anestesiología
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

What I liked the most about my experience with Castor is the simplicity of carrying out both the data collection form and the simplicity to handle large volumes of data. In addition to immediate support and assistance provided at all times by the company. This has been my first major study, after including more than 2000 patients from 80 different sites, I would not hesitate to use and recommend Castor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I can complain about, I was even able to communicate in Spanish (my native language) with those responsible for Castor's help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We get what we need. Secure storage of medical data. On the other hand, export these data in a very simple way to be able to work them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Javi,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are very happy that you have conducted large multicenter studies in Castor and that it simplified the handling of large data.

We are an international company with studies being conducted all over the world, so we have all sorts of languages spoken around here :)

Elena

What do you like best?

Castor is extremely user friendly - it is very easy to find your way in the system and you do not need to be a true 'ICT nerd' to be able to built a nice CRF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general I really like Castor and do not have important 'dislikes'. However, to even further improve the use of calculation fields, a more detailled handbook on how to construct a calculation would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Csator allows us to study large groups of patients, from whom we collect all types of data (clinical data, laboratory data, imaging, biobanking and surveys). Our research group mostly includes physicians, that are generally not very experienced in ICT. However, since Castor is very easy to use it enables us to design and adjust our CRFs based on our own experience in the field. This enhances efficient data collection. Also, since we are very concerned with all privacy issues applicable to research in human subjects, the fact that Castor has all the applicable certificates is essential. We can really recommend Castor for patient associated research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Rianne,

Thank you for your very positive review! Using calculations can be a bit tough in the beginning, but with our now extensive manual on calculations and shared calculation formulas on our form exchange, we hope that even someone who has never used Castor will be able to create them very quickly. And of course our support team is always here to help!

Research Assistant
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

The ease of setting up the study's database, navigating around it and all overviews (statistics) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The way the reports are set up (e.g. for Adverse Events and Conmeds) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I only have experience with Castor as a database to capture our research study data. For this I have found it to be really great. Easy and transparent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. We use Castor EDC for our research projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Bee,

Thank you for your review! I would love to hear your feedback on what you think about the report forms and how these can be improved. We use this feedback as input in product development, so do let us know what you would like to see!

Thanks again,

Elena.

Centraal Datamanager Trialbureau Hematologie-Oncologie
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

You don't need extensive IT/programming skills in order to create your desired eCRF. Furthermore: if you think Castor doesn't have what you need, their Customer Service is great. They will reply to your question/remark almost always the same day and help you with (figuring out) a solution. Or implement your request in an update :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no real 'test environment' that is a dummy of the real database. If you update your production eCRF, you need to export structure and import in a new test environment, because the old test environment isn't easy to override with the new info. This also means that you have to grant access to all the ppl involved to the new test environment.

Also I would like to see a 'save' and/or 'submit' button, in case you enter info but not sure if it is correct and you need to ask and update.

Same goes for a clear monitoring button, e.g. a 'closed/apporved' button, when a CRA has checked and approved all data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

have all users test it extensively Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multi-and monocenter studies are easily realized, no need for/dependence on an external company/department to build the eCRF Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Janine,

Thank you for your review! Separating the test and production environments is something that has been on our roadmap as we understand its huge importance (but such a big feature also requires quite a bit of work). Bulk actions for records is also something that we will implement in the near future and that will make monitoring and data management even easier. Thanks again!

- Elena

Student
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

the ease of creating and carrying out the study, with the simplest and the efficient features . perfect for a beginners like me. also its awesome that i don't have to worry about sticking to regulatory compliances , everything is taken care of. most importantly it feels professional, as a would be healthcare professional, to opt for castor rather than a any other random survey website because it's especially designed for medical research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i would like it more if there were more tools for the analysis part of the research. also it would be great for the tutorials to give simple definitions what is the function of the feature is. for example- sometimes for a total beginner who is here for a survey ,with absolutely zero knowledge of the EDC software terminology , it would be confusing at first to figure out that "adding a field" means the space where your supposed to add questions. so a pop up navigating them to "add fields" adding the fact that its where they create questions for the survey.

also according my personal experience a clear guide on the setting / statistics according to the type of study for the beginners should be separately provided.

maybe a simple mandatory walk through to a workshop video (before starting a new study) for anybody who signs up as a beginner would help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

should definitely consider before other softwares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it helps me save A LOT of time and i have less things to worry about the survey that i am working on which would otherwise take maybe more than 10 months and extra efforts without castor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Elena Kochova of Castor EDC

Hi Unnati,

Thank you for your review! It's true that we try to take care of everything so that the researcher doesn't have to worry about anything!

I am happy to inform you that we have developed an analytics dashboard, so you can now analyze your data within Castor! Contact us to learn more about this. As for the tutorials suggestion, we are also going to implement a study wizard soon that will help beginners with creating their first study. I look forward to your feedback when this is available.

Elena

Do you work for Castor EDC?