Candidate Labs Reviews & Product Details

Account Executive
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Let me start by saying that I wrote out this review for Katie even prior to knowing the outcome of the opportunity she was guiding me through, though I will say that I’m extremely confident of whatever results come from my recent interviewing process thanks to all of the hard work Katie put in to helping with preparations. From the start, she established an open line of communication so that we were on the same page throughout the process. In addition to that, she and her boss, Michael, dedicated time to help personalize my messaging for a final sales pitch for an AE role, and you can tell that they both really took the time to understand the role, the company, who I was, along with whether or not it would be a good mutual fit and why. I’ve worked with recruiters in the past, both internal and external for large companies to start ups and anything in between, and by far Katie and the team at Candidate Labs went above and beyond in helping a company and candidate find a mutual fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Katie and Michael were extremely personalized when it came to helping me prepare for an AE role and pitch -- They both helped me carefully craft my messaging and helped in building my confidence. Katie was always available for strategizing on things throughout and communication was always open. There were no moments in which I was left wondering where I was in the process/what to expect next/when I would hear back --she was on it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have absolutely no complaints at all! I've worked with recruiters previously, both internal and external for companies ranging from start ups to huge companies and never had such a positive experience as I did with Candidate Labs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be open and honest throughout the process on what you're looking for and interested in so that they can find the best fit both for you and for the companies they're working with

Sales reps: I know that your inbox is filled with messages from recruiters that you are likely going to ignore. Read any message from Katie and respond, because I guarantee she has thought through why you would be a good fit for whatever the role is, and if the company seems like a good fit for what you’re looking for, she and her team will work to get you there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had just started to casually look into new opportunities that might be a good fit -- Katie had reached out about a company/role that looked perfect and wanted to make sure she found good fits both for what the company was looking for but also what I was looking for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs Overview

What is Candidate Labs?

Candidate Labs is a modern search firm built as a technology company. Every search firm promises better candidates and faster hires. We actually deliver these results by combining seasoned search professionals with proprietary technology and data. Sales and marketing leaders who hire with Candidate Labs are able to reliably grow their teams with confidence - without compromising on speed or fit. Unlike traditional recruiting firms, Candidate Labs is digitally native, venture-backed, and founded by repeat entrepreneurs. Candidate Labs specializes in go-to-marketing hiring for venture backed companies.

Candidate Labs Details

Our mission is to help sales and marketing professionals accelerate their job search, discover hidden opportunities, and create a blueprint for long-term career success.

Candidate Labs
2019
San Francisco, CA

Candidate Labs Videos

Candidate Labs Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Candidate Labs community
Have you used Candidate Labs before?

Candidate Labs Reviews

Showing 35 Candidate Labs reviews
Location
Already have Candidate Labs?
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Liam, from Candidate Labs approached me with an opportunity via LinkedIn. We had an initial screening call to establish a fit and while he was representing the organization, he immediately had my interests/needs as an equal priority. He explained the technology Candidate Labs themselves used to find candidate-org fits and coming from a tech background, I was intrigued to learn more. From there, the interview experience progressed but before each call Liam would prep me on anywhere from personality of the interviewer, key areas to highlight in my resume/expertise, etc. Definitely the most thorough recruiting prep I have ever had and it made me feel all the more prepared for each interview. Once we got into the negotiation period, Liam offered advice and ultimately advocated for what I needed from the organization. He also made sure I had every answer from the interviewers that I needed to make a decision. Overall, the experience was fantastic and without him approaching me with this opportunity, I wouldn't have been able to make a critical pivot in my career. I am very grateful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great technology - it was cool to look at their website and see the segmentation by roles, industries, levels of funding. Very unique and if you're in the field, this is an incredible way to navigate the recruiting process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I experienced no downsides to working with Candidate Labs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Don't think twice, Liam and his team were professional from the start and have continued to check in as I've been onboarded to my position. Again, 10/10 recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N.A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Candidate labs reached out randomly over LinkedIn with a job opportunity in the technology sales space. Peaked by the industry mentioned, I requested more info and within weeks I found myself accepting a job I loved in my dream field. Not only was Candidate Labs very quick to put me in seat, but they also actively listened to my concerns, and helped me decide which path was right for my long term goals. Mike held my hand through the entire process, giving me insightful tips for each interview and always making time to debrief once the interview was finished. The key difference I noticed is that Mike actually cares! I would not have found this position without their help, and I will be thankful for years to come for the help I received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The attention to detail! Not only did CL have interview tips in hand, but they also made an effort to debrief after each successive interview and make sure my questions and concerns were addressed. It was like I had my own personal advisor, that had all of my best interests in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a dislike but speed! I was super quick to find and accept my new job, so I barely had time to really think it over! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiting! I found my new job quickly and it was a perfect fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had a prior professional relationship with a top-notch recruiter at Candidate labs and reached out when I was looking for a change. They were able to place me in a Senior Software Sales position at a wonderful company within 30 days of initial interaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Teamwork, connections to companies and hiring managers, attention to detail, professionalism. The team worked tirelessly from the interview process all the way through to a signed offer letter, and even helped with the resignation process at my former company! They work with innovative and successful companies and I was lucky to have them fighting for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The experience was A+ from start to finish. Their teamwork and professionalism was off the charts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Engage them early in your search and be candid with your expectations and requirements. They are great listeners, and draw on strong relationships with some of the best companies in tech to find the right fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had grown increasingly frustrated with my Sales position. Candidate Labs listened to my preferences and requirements and placed me in my dream job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Sales Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

During the interview process I was constantly updated by Mike on each stage and possible questions/requirements I would need to bring to the table. Mike followed up after every stage to gather feedback from me on the interview and was prompt with speaking with each interviewer to move the process along. We roleplayed each portion of the process to ensure that the interview went well and I felt confident going into it. Once I got to the offer phase, Mike made sure that both the company and myself were on the same page which allowed for better expectation setting and a smooth transition from offer to hire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like how the attention to detail on each portion of the interview process made me feel. I was confident going into each stage which most other companies do not offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I wish I would have been looped in on was the benefits of the company prior to offer stage, this would have allowed a better dialogue and given me full scope of what the offer entails beyond compensation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a candidate I realize that Candidate Labs offers a more personalized approach to recruiting and ensure that when they bring candidates in they are well prepared and know what to expect within the company and interview process. I realize that as an interviewer myself, Candidate Labs will ensure that my time is not wasted and each candidate I speak with is vetted, educated, and prepared to speak with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They placed me in a new role that directly complimented my values and skill sets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was lucky enough to work with Katie, a recruiter who was extremely thoughtful, knowledgeable, and understanding. I can't say enough good things about working with such an amazingly talented person!

The experience and professionalism within Candidate Labs showed in every interaction. They clearly understood the gravity of placement and finding the right fit while recognizing impact that has on a person's life. What impressed upon me most was that they put my interest above any of theirs in every single instance, truly remarkable. I CANNOT say anything bad about Katie or the team - I seriously wish more business could take a page from their book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That I will not be able to work with such great people going forward! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been introduced to a fantastic opportunity thanks to Katie. I would never have known about this position had it not been for her and Candidate Labs. It was clear to me they had a strong understanding of needs at both an organizational-level, and at the candidate-level, which allowed them to address the process clearly and effectively. You can tell when you're working with experts! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager, Channel
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was reached out to by Katie Ostrander at Candidate labs with a job that perfectly aligned with my experience. She was able to effectively explain the company and position, and lined up my first internal interview within a few days. She was so helpful throughout the entire interview and negotiation process, really a wonderful resource to have!

I was not actively looking for a new position, but am really happy Katie reached out, because this role is the perfect fit for my skillset and interests. This definitely proved to me Candidate Labs knows what they are looking for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Katie's industry expertise about both the account management/account exec roles and the computer software industry & her in-depth company knowledge

Katie is also very knowledgeable about the recruitment process from both the company's end and the candidate's end. I felt comfortable giving her feedback of my process and felt that her insights really helped my experience through the interviews as well.

Finally, she always got me quick and thorough feedback, so I was never left wondering how I did. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any negative feedback. In previous experience working through recruiters, they are often pushy and aggressive. Katie was the opposite, super helpful and always positioned my interests first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs helped me find my home at my next career. They were able to assist me with any and all questions I had about the company, the industry and the role. I am now happily employed with the new company and I can confidently saw Katie was a big part in that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SMB Sales Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked closely with Candidate Labs on finding a Sales Leadership role at a startup company.

Candidate Labs helped my find opportunities, prepare for interviews, stay up to date on the entire interview process and was a true partner throughout my search and transition.

My overall goal was to find a position and company that I was really excited about. And they delivered on that goal in spades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I worked with Jaycie from Candidate Labs and she provided an AMAZING candidate experience from start to finish.

Here's what I appreciated the most:

(1) Whenever I had a question Jaycie was SUPER QUICK to respond and always open to jumping on a call to walk through everything. She even made time after hours (more than once!) to support me throughout the interview process.

(2) Jaycie prepared me extremely well for every interview and made sure I knew what to expect for each and every step of the process.

(3) I felt like I had a true partner in my corner who really cared about me being successful -- she also made sure the role was a great fit for me too.

I can't recommended Jaycie and Candidate Labs enough! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, no constructive feedback. The process, support and experience was a 10/10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

My biggest piece of advice is to be open and honest for what you're looking for. Which means taking time ahead of time to reflect on what you actually want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs not only helped me find a sales leadership role in a startup company, they helped me find a role at a company that was a PERFECT fit for what I was looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Maddie Mosack from Candidate Labs matched me with an amazing hiring opportunity and was along for the ride, every step of the way. Candidate Labs was a great support system throughout the hiring/interviewing process. They touched on everything from interview prep to feedback on take-home assignments, all with great speed and efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of Candidate Lab's most helpful qualities was the continuous guidance and mentoring throughout every step of the hiring process. Their team actively ensured that I was prepared before every hiring stage and they were there to help or provide insights if I had any questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there was nothing that I disliked about working with Candidate Labs. Maddie specifically was a joy to work with and was incredibly encouraging throughout the entire journey. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

You won't regret working with Candidate Labs. If you are looking to make a career move, the team at Candidate Labs is more than capable and passionate about matching you with a role that fits into your goals and objectives. I highly recommend the Candidate Labs team! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In working with Candidate Labs, I was able to be accurately matched with a role that best fit my skill sets, career goals, and personality. The benefits have been a more streamlined job search process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Partnership Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Job exploration, company introduction, and consulting until job acceptance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed working with Jaycie — who was personable, helpful, and strategic. She answered my texts and calls on weekends and after work hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This isn’t something I disliked — it is more of a suggestion. I can imagine people who are applying for multiple jobs might want to see a tracker, pipeline, or platform to manage and see current statuses for their job interviews. This might make it feel more formal with Candidate Labs. I only applied for one job so it didn’t matter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give it a try. There is no downside to using it find a new opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs helped me find an opportunity I didn’t know I wanted until it was presented to me. I was too busy, heads down at my last company to be aware of top-tier opportunities. Additionally, my network didn’t extend to the job opportunity I secured. Candidate Labs was that connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Account Executive, Strategic Services
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with Katie Ostrander at Candidate Labs, and she was easily one of the most buttoned up and helpful recruiters I've had the pleasure of working with. My goal in seeking a new role was to find a team of star players who not only excel at what they do, but welcome collaborative input from others. Ideally, I was looking for a fantastic culture fit where I can feel fulfilled in contributing to the success of a company that values and nurtures those efforts. Katie found a wonderful fit, as was evidenced in everyone I spoke with throughout my interview process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Katie was incredibly communicative, offered constructive guidance throughout the entire process, and made the journey to my new role enjoyable along the way. Simply put, she was a delight to work with and professional in every sense of the word. I appreciated her level of attention to the detail of each engagement with the stakeholders at the company I interviewed (and eventually signed) with. She offered specific insight that prepared me well at each step. The dossiers she provided on the company and stakeholders I ended up meeting were invaluable as well. This is very different from any other recruitment agency I've worked with previously. Many times, a candidate is left to research on his or her own, though Katie provided a wealth of information before each conversation I had with the company. Definite plus! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I didn't find a downside to working with Candidate Labs. It's rare to receive this level of personalization and feel like a truly valued candidate where your mission in finding the right role feels like a priority. I felt that here and would highly recommend working with them to anyone in the market for a new opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

My recommendation to others using or considering Candidate Labs is simply to do so and engage fully with your recruiter (and work with Katie Ostrander if possible!). A candidate gets out what he or she puts into the relationship and desire to find success so commit to doing so with Candidate Labs, and you won't go wrong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs helped me solve my goal not to rush into a position with a company that didn't feel like a mutually beneficial fit. Nothing felt rushed or pressured throughout the process, which I appreciated. I realized there are recruiters, like Katie, who genuinely care about the candidates she works with, and you can sense her pride in her work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Katie reached out to me through LinkedIn initially with a genuine opportunity and was a pleasure to work with. She helped coordinate multiple interviews and conversations between interviewers and me, and was super diligent with follow-ups. I had all my questions answered throughout, and she was constantly responsive over text/email despite being in a different time zone and over an entire 2 month interview process. Katie felt I was a good fit for a job opening she had and brought all the stakeholders together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Katie and the Candidate Labs team are expert recruiters that are familiar with the entire process. I didn't experience any unexpected hiccups at all, and next steps + what was required from me were all very transparent and informative. Most important thing as a candidate in my opinion is having a reliable and responsive facilitator between the candidate and the many interviewers at the hiring company, and I never felt like anything was missing throughout the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Overall a great experience with a team of professionals, resulting in me accepting a competitive offer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

They are friendly, transparent, and effective. Reach out with questions and I'm sure they would be happy to talk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs is a search firm that helps candidates find new jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with Candidate Labs at my most recent job search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

While working with multiple recruiters simultaneously, Candidate Labs (Katie), was the most attentive recruiter by leaps and bounds. She not only stayed on top of her clients recruiting processes and next steps but over communicated those with me along the way. When one opportunity didn't pan out, she proactivively brought a new opportunity to the table that ended up being the perfect fit for what I was wanting to do. Katie and the Candidate Labs team were also always flexible with meeting with me for prep sessions and feedback including late evenings and even weekends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no negative feedback from working with Candidate Labs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs allowed me to build a relationship with a recruiter who was truly invested in my career goals and trust the opportunities they brought to the table as being a good fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Working with Billy and Michael was unlike any experience I had with any other recruiting agency. I could tell that they genuinely cared about myself and the company. They were extremely knowledgable and made sure that I had all of the information beforehand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are many recruiters in the Bay Area that are happy to provide a list of companies that they are working with, but the team at Candidate Labs matched me with Companies that fit exactly what I was looking for. They personalized everything from companies to prep beforehand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't have a downside. Best experience I had on the job hunt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them a shot. They are thorough, personalized, and work hard. When I had any questions around the process or timing, Billy had an answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for my next role. Billy and the team made it as pain free as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Enterprise Account Executive
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Candidate Labs helped from start to finish. What I mean by that is Michael and Billy found me via LinkedIn and helped me prepare for every conversation with my current company from initial screenings, to onsite interviews, to negotiating my package. They were extremely knowledgeable and thorough about the company I was interviewing with. I was given preparation materials, videos to watch, and had at least 1 prep call before every single interview. After every interview, there was a follow up call as well. They were just on top of it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Knowledgeable

Collaborative

Understanding

Thorough

Available Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't recall anything that I disliked about working with Candidate Labs. I wish I had found them sooner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're planning on using Candidate Labs, be sure you're ready and have the time to review everything that they give you. The content and prep materials they provide you are a mini-onboarding session for the role you're interviewing for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for my next career opportunity and Candidate had just right fit for me. They were able to help prepare me to do really well throughout the interview process. There was even a "homework packet" that I was given to get more familiar with the company I was applying to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Talent and Recruitment
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Candidate Labs was my partner for the single most successful search I ran during my tenure at VoiceOps as their internal recruiter. We ran a custom-tailored Head of Marketing search in 30 days flat from kickoff to close, and ended with an incredibly high-quality candidate meeting the exact profile specifications we had asked for.

Candidate Labs is great at discovery, meaning they are really well suited not to just tick the boxes of your JD must-haves, but also to find people whose temperaments and values match up for what the company needs in that moment. If you are an early-stage company not working with Candidate Labs on your go-to-market searches, you are missing out on invaluable thought partnership and candidate sourcing I have not encountered with other firms in the space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quality and fit of candidates, speed, and market expertise when it comes to standing up new roles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they provide less volume than one would like, but I personally don't mind so long as the quality stays high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They source with your company stage and verticals very much in mind, unlike other recruiters. If you want someone who has had the zero-to-one-hundred startup experience, that's where their proprietary sourcing is most valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development - Strategic Accounts, Bay Area
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I have always worked with recruiters in the past. However, my most recent job hunt I had the pleasure of working with Billy and the team at Candidate Labs. I was communicating with a handful of other recruiters at the time I first talked to Billy. After our first call I knew I was in great hands and happily cut ties with the other recruiters.

Working with Billy has been the most efficient and enjoyable job hunt I've ever experienced. Billy helped me land my new job that I am very excited to start soon in about 7 business days. I know people looking for a new job are always dread waiting between calls and the dragged out interview process we usually run into. I cannot understate how efficient Billy made this job hunt. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best part of working with Billy and Candidate Labs was how efficient he made the process from our first call to our last. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, Billy and the team were amazing throughout the whole process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you are looking to find your dream job without the hassle of going through the process yourself or working with lackluster recruiters, Candidate Labs is a no brainer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Everybody looking for a job knows how hard and frustrating the dragged out interview process can be. Billy made sure throughout our whole relationship to not make this process feel exhausting. Candidate Lab's easy to digest dossier on each company made the problem of deciding which opportunity is best for me a lot more straight forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Product Marketing
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with Candidate Labs during my last job search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having worked with many recruiters in my career, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of attention I got from Candidate Labs. I always felt like I was in the loop on where things stood with my opportunities, and the recruiter I worked with was the most responsive I've experienced. Everything was done in such a professional way - I felt taken care of and like I had a support system in prepping for interviews. Without being asked, the Candidate Labs team continued to present new opportunities to me that were right in my wheel house. They were also very transparent about feedback, which was extremely instrumental in helping me progress in my search. Before interviews, my recruiter always checked in with me to make sure I felt prepared, and always followed up immediately to see how things went. I could feel the support! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't see any downside in working with Candidate Labs - they're exceptional at what they do! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're looking for your next role, reach out to Candidate Labs. They take the time to get to know you and what you're looking for and are so adept at matching you to great roles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to connect with top companies for jobs that were a great fit for my experience and my career goals. Working with candidate labs, I felt like I had someone going to bat for me and looking out for my best interests. From my very first interaction, I could tell the recruiter was a true professional and new not only the recruiting space but also my field (marketing). I never had to wonder if my resume was getting reviewed or if I was being represented well to the companies I was interested in. As mentioned above, Candidate Labs continued to present new job opportunities to me that fit well with my background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

In late summer 2020 we began to see a surge in demand for our SaaS platform that far outstripped our existing sales capacity. We needed to at least 2x our team across our Enterprise, Mid-Market, and SMB revenue tiers - and do so quickly with high-quality talent.

We had plenty of experience with in-house recruiting (slow, huge opportunity cost, meaningful sunk cost, poor results); and with spray-and-pray headhunters that produce volume but low quality/poor fit.

We came across Candidate Labs through their recent fundraising and their blended approach of agency + technology resonated with us. It appeared to be a smarter way to find great candidates quickly.

We gave them a shot and they didn't disappoint. We hired our first AE in 9 days and he came from an exceptional pedigree. Strong SaaS background and a mature Enterprise seller.

We quickly expanded our relationship with Candidate to encompass not only our AEs but also our SDR needs. We then expanded again to help us find a leader of our Strategic Consulting group, and an Enterprise Implementation Consultant.

All in, we've had about 10 active searches with Candidate and our experience across their entire team has been nothing short of fantastic.

In all my 25 years of B2B, it's simply the best recruiting experience I've ever had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our evaluation criteria are fairly simple: how quickly can we grow our team with the best talent at a great price. When I think of where Candidate Labs excels, it's:

1. Ideal Candidate Profile - they start with a brief but purposeful discussion about who we want, why, what's worked in the past, and their suggestions for what we may like or dislike. They're absolute pros at this and the process moves quickly.

2. Speed - With this ICP in hand, they move extremely quickly. We had our first 'test' candidates in 48 hours. We refined our search a bit based on these and hit the gas.

3. Quality Talent - The candidates they've brought us are all top-shelf. We've had very few we didn't want to engage with. This is one of the biggest time-sucks of other recruiters, and with Candidate, there was no time wasted here. Huge part of the value prop.

4. Active Engagement and Purpose-Driven - The candidates we spoke with were all very ramped on our story. They were ready to dive deep and it allowed us to have highly purpose-driven conversations in 1 call that with otherwise take weeks. You all know what I mean. Again, this helped us save tremendous time and money and quite frankly, frustration.

5. Value - Is Candidate Labs the cheapest? No. Are they the most expensive. No. But from a $$ invested to a value received perspective, they are hands down the best I've ever worked with (this includes some of the top 10 largest tech recruiters in the US who shall remain nameless). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is that by writing this review, it will invariably create more demand for their services and we want them all to ourselves :) Practically though, this team is great and we want them to succeed, so happy to help others discover and engage with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Candidate is great about guiding you to what they need to be successful. For example, your ideal candidate profile. That said, it's always good to have an internal discussion before your first call to align on what you *think* you need - and to involve at least 2 stakeholders from your org. For example, an SVP of Sales and a COO in our case. This only improved our ability to give them richer feedback and insights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Already discussed above, but to summarize:

1. Needed to 2x our sales capacity quickly and with tier 1 talent

2. Couldn't afford to waste months of time on internal recruiting with subpar results

3. Needed to maximize team growth for a great price Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was looking for my next sales role in San Francisco. Candidate Labs connected me with the right opportunities to pursue and together we found a great fit company, role, culture, and overall package for the next move in my career. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's not that hard to find a recruiter in the Bay Area more than willing to share a list of jobs with you and let you pick and choose where you'd like to apply. What is incredibly hard to find is a recruiter that's going to stay the course with you, learn who you are and what intangibles are important to you, and ensure that you get an incredible and worthy offer. As a sales professional, I respect and appreciate Candidate Labs' approach to uncovering the value you'll bring with you to your next role, as well as aligning to long-term career goals. A true partner in finding success together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I loved my entire experience. Their new job search functionality was not quite available to the public at the time I worked with them, but I'm sure it is further enhancing the experience for current candidates. I even use it on my own to see what the market looks like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Definitely reach out to them and have a conversation. They're far superior to the other organizations that are flooding your LinkedIn inbox, submitting your resume without consent, changing titles of roles so that you'll pursue them, and mis-leading you on opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs helps me understand what the market for opportunities looks like and whenever I engage they always have deep contextual insight to share. They're well-networked with the rising stars of tech and always have an answer whether that's in regards to certain intangibles you want to understand about an opportunity or why a particular opportunity is marketed the way it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

FInding opportunities for AE roles in the Bay Area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Jaycie immediately stood out with her attention to detail and down to earth approach. Candidate Labs took the time to understand my background and present value from the first call (as a salesperson I truly appreciate that) After our first call I was presented with a few breakdowns of potential roles with all the necessary information that was important to me...this removed any surprises or hidden details that would impact my interest in the role/company I was interviewing with. It's a nice feeling to know someone has an interest in landing you the BEST role and just ANY role. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to say here. It was a 10/10 experience overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Work with Jaycie! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs took the stress of essentially prospecting your own job search and turned it into a fun process. I was provided with helpful information that goes beyond a Google search, personalized introductions to folks Id be speaking with, and continual updates on where I stood in each interview cycle. This attention to detail and personalization made me feel confident going into each meeting that my best interest was in mind and not just filling a seat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Operations Specialist
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Candidate Labs assisted me in my most recent job search and connected me with a company that I didn't think would be a match for me. After their initial consultation with their team, they identified my key strengths based on my previous experience, matching me with a company where I can be successful from day 1. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Unlike other agencies I've worked with in the past, Candidate Labs hand-on approach to guiding me throughout the interview process was key to ensuring I was prepared at every stage of the process was . Jaycie was instrumental to this process and was readily available whenever I had any additional questions. She made sure to follow-up/check-in after every stage of the process to make sure I was ready. It was great having someone in my corner to help me, making this already stressful process much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to comment here as my experience was amazing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I strongly recommend using them if you are a company that needs assistance in staffing/recruitment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Candidate Labs made the job search process much easier on my end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Candidate Labs helped greatly with the search for my next professional opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. Recruiters at Candidate Labs (worked with Jaycie specifically) are the most personable and helpful people I've worked with in the talent acquisition space. They truly care about placing you in the right role. It also helps that they are very timely with all follow ups and thorough about keeping you in the loop throughout the numerous stages in the interview process. You never need to guess where you stand or what next steps are.

2. They care/listen to their customers (the talent) and want to make the entire recruitment process as simple and easy and possible. Candidate Labs proactively asked for feedback on their new software platform and made updates to it swiftly, ensuring potential future job searches are easier for not just myself, but anyone using the platform.

3. They truly take the time/effort to understand what you are looking for - where you are in your career, what you are looking for, career aspirations, ideal company profile, etc. From there, they provide tailored, relevant opportunities that meet the criteria you set. The prep/material they provide you about the company prior to interviews is absolutely top notch. Very different than the normal pray and spray approach (most recruiting companies that just want to place any candidate anywhere). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Candidate Labs has impressed me thus far, especially as such an early talent placement firm. Will get better as more opportunities get added to the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them the opportunity to help you in your career and you will be very glad you did. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding the next right opportunity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

To those reading this review if you read nothing else or feel this is too long of a review, I beg you to at least read the very last sentence summing my experience Candidate Labs up.

If I could write a novel about the most incredible, caring, encouraging, honest, and relatable outside recruiter I have ever met who reach out to me I would but to keep this a bit shorter, my experience was 5-stars hands down. The recruiter's constant drive, passion, insight, and feedback to help me find the best possible fit was absolutely amazing, as I accepted the FIRST and ONLY position she reached out to me about since she found me the right fit off the bat (which was far less than 2 weeks yet she and I still speak).