BuzzStream Reviews & Product Details

BuzzStream Overview

What is BuzzStream?

BuzzStream helps you manage word-of-mouth marketing campaigns that create buzz, build links, and traffic your website by helping you "be found" via inbound marketing channels.

BuzzStream Details

BuzzStream
Austin, TX
@buzzstream

BuzzStream Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BuzzStream community
Have you used BuzzStream before?

BuzzStream Reviews

Showing 7 BuzzStream reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have BuzzStream?
AS
What do you like best?

I like the Chrome extension and link tracking is very useful and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One does not need to invest a ton of money to start using this product and seeing results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BuzzStream allows one to easily view links and their effectiveness, and make changes where necessary. For small business, though, I have found it unnecessary and hard to train other employees on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ability to filter outreach by a variety of metrics including sites, POCs, industries, etc. We like that you're able to A/B test messages by creating different titles, bodies & CTAs. Pretty simple interface and ability to sync up to a variety of emails & users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could be easier to A/B test on a greater scale - I'd also like to see better tools to mine emails and find industries contacts at scale. We typically use other programs to find emails, contact pages, etc and then upload into BS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to make outreach easier and more streamlined across a wide variety of users. Benefits include time saved, less cross over between common contacts and positive client impact & placements! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

This product was safe and easy to use compared to other apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This app had difficulty transferring all types of large media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have people login in group meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharing ideas and data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Honors Peer Mentor
Research
What do you like best?

Ive been using this software for two months and it is very user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This site often crashes and is not reliable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Distribution / realized we have problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Web based software, don't need to download. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Has lack of functionality at times, and can be slower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Really allows us to create buzz in social media as the name suggests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO Analyst
What do you like best?

Buzzstream's contact/email discovery tools sometimes work like magic - The info it finds is typically reliable. Also, the combination of outreach and contact management in one app is really valuable, though this is hindered by the app's slow response and bugginess. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Buzzstream's platform is slow. And I mean REALLY slow. As someone who uses mass email regularly, the fact that even with automation software it can take up to two minutes to send an email (dealing with contact conflicts and custom variables), the platform is far too slow to handle that kind of work. I've also had Buzzstream:

-Lose contacts

-Lose data on my email campaigns

-Freeze in the middle of mass outreach (hours of wasted time)

However, one of the biggest draws is the lack of compartmentalization between users on the platform. It doesn't make sense that the account for one company would share any and all information between, for instance, PR and SEO. This makes for conflict and confusion when we're going after different contacts within the same organization, or trying to run white-labeled campaigns for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buzzstream can be really powerful when used in conjunction with more rudimentary outreach software. For instance, I'll often run my contacts for SEO campaigns though Buzzstream to gather emails I would have otherwise lacked, and then export them for outreach in a mail merge or other basic outreach system. Buzzstream is definitely a more viable product for close-knit outreach teams and PR than for SEO specialists at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Buzzstream solves the problem of email management with outreach, with some degree of success. The epitome of a platform like this would be something flexible, fast, informationally restricted by user (if so desired), and powerful for discovering contacts. Buzzstream excels at contact discovery, which was my most unexpected benefit of the platform, but it falls short at providing the email CRM power I'm looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SEO Executive
Internet
What do you like best?

The buzz stream concept is great. I like the fact that it looks at link building as a work-flow rather than a collection of links and contact email addresses of journalists. I also like the fact that I can share my progress with other people and enable them to view my emails and contacts that I've outreached. Having a a prospecting list and being able to go through it from one single application is also something that technically would make my work a lot easier.

I find amazing the fact that the app can catch the contancts from a website. Something which proved time-consuming at times when I had to outreach foreign media, that published my work before.

I also like the fact that I can categorise prospect lists by campaigns and being able to save template emails to use for specific campaigns is also great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really like everything about the buzzstream concept and how it's meant to help. I do dislike however a few things that relate mostly to UX/UI and technical difficulties.

I don't like that you have to load unsafe scripts every time you go to buzz bar. if you work for a day in buzz stream and have to go back and forth quite often, it's becoming a bit too repetitive and distracts me from my work.

Buzzbar also doesn't load all the websites, which is probably the main reason I switched back to excel spreadsheets. When I have a list of 200 prospect websites and 30 websites don't load, I have to do it manually and the effort it takes to get out of the app to see it separately then, outreach separately or go back to the app to outreach makes things harder. I doesn't really require much more time, it's just the effort to brake the process that I've established working in buzzstream.

I think another issue is loading time. Sometime it takes a while to move to the next site in buzzbar. I think if the app could load the next website while you're working on the current one, so that you can switch instantly to the next when you're done would make work much easier. I think that extra second often makes a difference.

User interface - I think a better user interface would also help making work easier. It seems a bit text heavy at times and empty at other times. For isntance the ui for previewing a site on the websites tab.

In terms of functionality, one thing I often do is outreach a piece of content to people that linked to other pieces of content or other campaigns. A function in buzzstream that would allow aggregating all websites that already linked to our brand to be targeted for a specific campaign would certainly help this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We try to make use of viral marketing. Buzzstream is a great tool because it helps spread the news faster to more journalists at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.