I made the decision to switch from Contentful to ButterCMS after doing a bit of shopping around / research of the current HeadlessCMS offerings.
ButterCMS is an API first platform, served in JSON in a mostly RESTful way. It was definitely built with developers in mind, which is what makes its integration, setup time, and delivery among the top praised aspects of the platform/service.
Here are some of the best features:
- Collections and the ability to order fields and items
- The Page engine to build static and templated pages
- A Blog engine that serves a collection of Posts with SEO in mind
- Great documentation in multiple languages and frameworks
- Integration with Filestack / CDN
- Page Preview
- And last but not least, an absolutely amazing Customer Service team, super responsive and helpful!
Things that really impressed me:
- I reported a bug and it was fixed over the weekend. That's dedication!
- Our Marketing team loved the ease in which they can now manage content in comparison to their experience with Contentful
- Real conversations with the Co Founder and Customer Success team
- Getting informed of new features and being asked for input on what would make this service better
Overall, I would highly recommend this over other Headless CMS services I have tried and evaluated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.