Bria Reviews & Product Details

Bria Overview

What is Bria?

Bria (formerly X-Lite) is a softphone solution designed to extend the capabilities of your call server, PBX, or VoIP service so you can take calls anywhere on both desktop and mobile devices, and augment your communications with team messaging, HD video conferencing and screen sharing capabilities, hosted by CounterPath. Experience crystal clear audio and HD, 1080p video calls whether in your office or on-the-go; and manage calls easily with intuitive call recording, music on hold, and call transfer functions. Need more collaboration features? Bria Teams includes team messaging, screen sharing, and HD video conferencing with up to 200 participants! Easily talk, chat, meet, and share on any device in one efficient app that syncs calling and messaging history across devices so you're always in the loop. Bria also includes a user-friendly web management portal for centrally setting up calling accounts and team members. Once configured, all users need to do is log in to their apps with their email and password and they're ready to start communicating and collaborating!

Bria Details
Discussions
Bria Community
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

Bria is a desktop and mobile SIP-based VoIP softphones and solutions for enterprises and service providers.

Bria (formerly X-Lite) can integrate any IP PBX, call server, or VoIP service from a range of providers and offer softphone applications that extend calling across desktop and mobile devices. It hubs all communication, from your business phone number to instant messaging, presence, screen sharing, and video conferencing in one application with best-in-class call quality support.

CounterPath
$10
@CounterPath

Bria Videos

Bria Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Bria community
Have you used Bria before?

Bria Reviews

Showing 53 Bria reviews
Already have Bria?
Director
What do you like best?

Easy to setup, reliable, features work.

We were a small business with a VOIP system with physical phones. We then moved into a new location and were looking for a reliable softphone that worked on desktop and iphones. We tried about 4/5 other solutions first before Bria. Bria was the first one we felt was truly reliable and finally meant we could ditch the physical phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not too much. The UI is a little dated and a bit of training to show staff to get the most of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We know have a distributed team with a fully reliable phone solution. We had it setup in 2019 so when 2020 happened, it gave us great flexibility to WFH or anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to set up an account and extension for end users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some fumbling with the audio options when using a bluetooth headset on a laptop. Recently it started forcing two extensions per user in the setup process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. It is very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making it easy to use one device for work offsite and simple voip endpoint provisioning. A computer with a VPN active is all that is needed for our offsite employees. IT is very easy for the end users to create their login and install the software so they don't need more assistance and they do not need more hardware to get to work.

Several times I have used Bria Teams to replace a physical voip device that was not working. Each time the end user did not want the physical device replaced, preferring to remain using Bria Teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VoIP Engineer
What do you like best?

I like its PUSH service and battery life, simple ui and stability. It registers and holds PUSH registration stable. Also voice quality is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to completely turn off some features. Inconvenient call history module. Unable to do full remote provisioning with passwords. We need some API to provision our customers with full SIP accounts without need to specify account details in Teams web UI. Also now it requires to manually track fired and suspended users without integration with our internal systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using it with our SBC to allow remote workers to call and receive calls. Also we use remote provisioning not to provision every phone with SIP passwords so we get increased security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal Agent
What do you like best?

I love that I have a soft phone app directly on my phone that helps me stay connected with clients so easily! Plus, it integrates so that when I click on a contact I can call out using BRIA or my regular cell service. Having the capability to use BRIA for phone contacts enables me to shield my personal information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes incoming calls to the softphone app won't work if my phone is locked. Thankfully, support was able to help me update the settings on my phone to make it more functional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm staying in touch with my clients on the go without having to give out my personal cell number. Privacy is very important to me. BRIA enables me to keep in touch and keep my personal info private. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The integration with our existing VoIP service was very easy, as well as the administration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

BLF integration with our VoIP service would have been nice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely take the time and do a live trial of Bria. It's easy to get started and a high end product worth consideration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bria has helped us solve remote work issues due to Covid-19. Previously we only had physical desk phones and scrambled to a solution to enable working remotely. Bria was easy and I don't regret the decision at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Assistant
What do you like best?

Easy to use & establishes a good connection. Even the free version works good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setup was a bit tricky and I get too many emails from customer support checking to see if i need assistance or want to upgrade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may need help with setup, but once installed it is very easy to use. Even the free version is useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bria is used to call people nationwide to complete phone interviews. It has good connection & establishes the calls quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the screen sharing the best. All my team works from their homes so having screen sharing is the best when something needs to be addressed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

only issue I had were the group messages but that has been corrected now Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

being able to warm transfer calls with a softphone and being able to communicate with my team quickly since we all work from home Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bria lets our callers access our clouded VoIP provider whether they are on premises or working from home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across any downside to using Bria yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Bria, we seldom if ever have any issue that is due to Bria itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Bria as our softphone with our CRM and integrated VoIP service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to connect to work and highlight numbers on my computer and press a shortcut key to dial. It makes my life easier and creates one less item I need on my desk (physical phone). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That contacts don't sync

Outlook doesn't auto-sync

All numbers on my computer aren't clickable and I need to use the highlight and shortcut key method Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to call from my computer and not have to look at a number and type it manually on a physical desk phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Consulting Manager
What do you like best?

Xlite is an application mainly for computers, it is great for making internet calls, as it has the reliability of a mobile phone, it doesn't have the key issues that cell phones have, and that's because they don't have a signal, because unless you have a bad internet signal this won't be an impediment to using this tool, it's widely compatible with devices like Windows XP 7 or 8 and, of course, with Mac OS X. You just have to enter the number and it will be like having a real-time mobile conversation. Of course you need hearing aids and microphones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The application once activated depending on the speed of our machine is normally a little sluggish, but this hasn't bothered at all since the start of the program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use it in my work because I have international clients and I must constantly keep in touch with them. Excellent for call centers where you make big calls, because there is no regular cap for calls, and you can make all the calls you need in the day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I typically communicate with relatives and customers abroad and pay international calls, at least it will be a major income so essentially what I do is communicate via this application and thus avoid such high costs of international calls, personally, I don't have hearing aids, so I tell you from my own experience that if you have a microphone and horns, you can enjoy this tool without limitations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The layout of the desktop app is very minimal and easy to navigate. And from an admin perspective its easy to setup the users on the back end and just share the team with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app does not work well with your notifications. We use a phone queue so the mobile version is not as reliable. We use the desktop app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to have a physical phone with you. This year we all had to go remote very quickly so this was helpful to make that transition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Nous trouvons que c'est simple d'utilisation et le support est accessible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Manque de tutoriel français, il serait bien d'avoir des tutoriels français.

Il serait bien d'avoir nos factures en devise CAD. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I dont know! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

J'ai eu des problèmes avec mes airpods, cependant le trouble est toujours actifs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Best communication phone system that I've found. Have used for many years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing that I dislike, everything works wonderfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Love it, do yourself a favor & use Bria, it's the best! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to make calls, I've also used the screen share capability. Excellent system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Clean interface and easy to use. Seems to be reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not compatible with some sms services. I use a white label voip solution for my clients and I can't integrate sms currently.

It's a little pricey too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch out for sms integration if you is it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was using ReachUC offered by my white label voip provider. It is riddled with reliability and stability issues. But Bria has solved those problems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enter my setting once and it works on every device I use it on! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see easier option for call forward, follow me and so on... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it and you will definitely love it! Where other software made me swear, Bria had me!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working from home with my 2 business phones without loosing a call Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Success Team Leader
What do you like best?

It is updated frequently, receiving corrections constantly.

Allows you to redirect incoming calls.

Allows you to record calls at any time with the customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The license control page is very bad, as it does not allow you to delete history of computers that once used a certain license. This makes it messy when it comes to consulting the licenses in use, and those that are not being used.

It could have filters to assist in the search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quality software and connection stability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quality and stability of connections. He is very good in these two aspects, which are extremely important for making phone calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The Bria teams made deployment to 50+ users pretty easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app seemed to be hit or miss on whether it worked or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bria teams makes configuring and deployment for multiple users very easy and quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping school staff connected to each other and parents when we were working remotely solved a huge problem for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Easy to dial, easy to maintain a phone directory, easy to support conference calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Right now, no complaints, the process to use is very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy set up and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Bria software has been well received by the staff using it daily. It has been very accessible for sight impaired employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The centralised management of SIP accounts, the single user login is a massive boon for deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is quite expensive considering the duration of use compared to the benefits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bria as simplified our work from home solutions, especially when actioning our disaster recovery plan following the Covid-19 pandemic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Ability to see who is available, conect and chat prior to tyransfer. it really is PBX quality at single line price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

occassional outtages but less frequent recently Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ability to mange a remote team opf workers and handle high call volumes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about xlite is that it is a great program to use when I am working from home or anywhere out of the office, because I am still able to log in and take and make calls to my customers. The upside is you could put it right on your own laptop or computer for use anywhere you are working from. Most helpful that you could call in to office extensions and receive messages from coworkers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about the program. Once you learn how to use and navigate around it is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give it a try. it is a great program to use in or out of the office Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits that it provides to me is that I have it loaded on my personal laptop and have a headset at home and allows me to work from home while still taking inbound calls and making outbound calls. It works great when you don't have a company phone but is also great because allows your calls to still be tracked and monitored. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Analyst
What do you like best?

I like that I can keep all the contacts in the application and that I can copy and paste phone numbers directly into the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With our specific phone system the programming on how it handled hold music was not compatible so whenever we put someone on hold they just got dead air. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that the application is compatible with all of you voice system features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it easier for me to handle my VOIP phone without having to have extra hardware on my desk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use and deploy for the whole team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Preferences are a little confusing to set up at first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing special to add, works as expected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needed a solution for the whole team to be able to make and receive calls in office and at home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

Xlite is an application (softphone) suitable for those who stay on the computer daily, because it facilitates communication with an easy and convenient call service from the PC or Mac computer, in the comfort of your home or in any place you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a program that works perfectly in companies that perform many calls during the day, as well as in call centers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

X-LITE IS AN EASY APPLICATION TO USE, ONCE IT IS INSTALLED ON THE COMPUTER IT WILL HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO COMMUNICATE THROUGH A HEADPHONE AS IF I DID IT FROM A CELL PHONE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently I work from home and I keep in touch with various clients throughout the day Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote Customer Service Rep
What do you like best?

I work remotely for the company I am employed with and there have been many issues with audio dialing directly through the CRM. I recently added Xlite to my computer and it has cured all audio issues. It's a phenomenal system and the calls are very clear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've had to log into the system every time I am not logged in for work and there probably is a way to stay logged in just havent figured it out yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please consider this may help your company with issues that are audio related Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving all audio issues with Xlite. I can hear my customers more clearly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.