Box Reviews & Product Details

ER
What do you like best?

Box has provided the scalable storage solution our company needed at a competitive price. Based on our growth plans, we are confident we made a good decision to use this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Who doesn't wish the price for everything was a little lower. Still, we feel we're getting a great value overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box Overview

What is Box?

Box is a Modern Content Management Platform for companies of all sizes and industries. The difference that Box brings is that it offers the security and controls admins need with the sharing and collaboration capabilities end users want. Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses--including 59% of the Fortune 500--trust Box to manage content in the cloud. The Box platform provides HIPAA, FINRA, FedRAMP, and many other compliances to go with granular access permissions and advanced security capabilities. By using Box you can sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files, anywhere, on any device - but that's just the beginning. You can choose where to store your data, to manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark sensitive content, and set file retention or legal hold policies. Box has deep, native integrations with Microsoft Office and Outlook, Google Apps for Work, Salesforce, Netsuite, Docusign, Adobe, and many other best-of-breed solutions you may already be using.

Box Details
Discussions
Box Community

Box lets you store all of your content online, so you can access, manage and share it from anywhere. Integrate Box with Google Apps and Salesforce and access Box on mobile devices.

Box
$696
@BoxHQ
272 Twitter followers

Box Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Box community
Have you used Box before?

Box Reviews

Showing 4,480 Box reviews
Showing 4,480 reviews
Already have Box?
Photo Editor & Design
What do you like best?

Box is a very good cloud storage service and it has some features that is good for easy backing up of files. Box desktop app creates folder in the windows file explorer where I can easily put files and it will automatically back up those. Also in the file explorer Box gives an icon next to the files to indicate which are backed up or not. Syncing is also very good with Box. It quickly syncs with other devices which connected to my Box account. Sharing of important photos is also very easy with Box. With Box I can easily create a sharable link to invite others whether for collaboration or managing tasks. Box very easily integrates with third party software packages like office 365, G suite, Adobe creative cloud. It is good to know that Box offers encryption based security service for securing files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box has different paid plans but when compared to others it can get pricey with respect to the features it gives. Other than that Box is good and easy to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend Box. It is one of the old cloud storage service available and working well. Definitely use Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall Box is a good cloud storage service. It has good collaboration features and file sharing features. Box has good encrypted security service which is good for my work files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer
What do you like best?

First of all Box is a cloud storage service. It works well and it is reliable. Plus it has several new and useful features. Box comes in both free and paid accounts. Free account users get 10GB of free cloud storage and after that you have to pay for more storage. Box has web version, desktop app and mobile app which I really like. One feature which I really like is full folder upload. Box supports single, multiple or a whole folder upload formats. Box has its own file manager system. Best feature about Box's file manager is that it shows an icon next to a file whether it is already uploaded or not. In the web version of Box I like that there is a prominent search bar on the top and the whole UI is good with blue accent. One feature I like about Box is that I can assign task to others and tasks can be easily managed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When compared to other cloud services Box is a little bit pricey. Also it offers less storage than others. Although Box supports most of the file formats it doesn't support all. Also I have noticed that Box cannot convert one file formats to other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is simple and doesn't require much hassle to sign up. It is almost as good as the others. So I would definitely recommend everyone to use Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box has very good collaboration features which I use often. With Box I can easily send and receive tasks and notifications to the participants. Box is very beneficial for collab and working as a team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor & Creator
What do you like best?

Box is like my next best tool for productivity. It is similar to Google drive which I regularly use but yet different. It has all the features which typical cloud services have mainly storing and sharing. But Box is better, it has participation and collaboration features like creating task for each person and sending them, commenting on a submitted file to give feedback. I like these features of Box as it makes my work of managing team and giving them task easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to pricing I find that Box is little bit pricey as compared to others. And other than price sometimes when I try to share a file the upload speed to the server is slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Box is definitely recommendable. It is feature rich and easy to use. I would recommend new users to try Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box has plenty of features and I like collaborative features the most as I said above. It certainly makes giving tasks easy to my team members and managing those. I find it definitely problem solving and time saving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

Box the new app I'm using along with other file sharing apps. It does two or more things at once like sharing with links, storing of documents and files. Another neat feature is that I can mention someone about a file and give my comments. I also create my different "collections" inside box for well organizing. I like that I am getting previews of files , it is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that when I click "create document" only file I can create is a text file. So for different files I create them outside Box and then I upload them on Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend new users looking for a different cloud content platform to try Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit of using Box is that it is constantly improving and it is becoming better. And I like that it is easy to use, syncs well across my devices. Overall I'm satisfied with Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Engineer
What do you like best?

Box won PC Magazine's Editor's Choice award so I had to try it. Box is the new service I'm using. It is a file-syncing cloud service. Box supports almost all file formats atleast 200+ so it is really impressive. Also I like that all my files are encrypted which is a very good security feature. I can preview many Microsoft office files such as PPT, word, spreadsheets as well as gifs, pictures and videos. I really like the intuitive user interface. So far Box is performing well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box is good but not all is good. If I want to create a office document within Box it doesn't work well and doesn't have the same features as Microsoft office. So I had to create my document in the office app and then I had to upload the file to Box. Search functionality could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box is quick and easy to use. I can upload files rapidly. Another benefit of using Box is that I can add comment to a file as a feedback. These benefits are really helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Property Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

Box is in every way an easy-to-use tool, it provides quick access from wherever you want to enter. I can make sure that in Box all my files will be safe, whatever, projects, business plans, work planning and progress reports, in various formats it can be audio or video. When I share documents in the cloud it's possible to manage the permissions and thus make sure who will be able to see or not cerain files. Provides the ability to filter and categorize all files, in this way it is possible to perform a more precise search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have evaluated other similar tools and actually Box is much more expensive than other tools that offer the same function and the same space for less price, I have been using Box for a long time and it has never failed at anything, it has always been reliable and with ample storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need storage space and manage documents correctly, Box is the right tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We know and we are aware that our works is much better with the help of Box, having all ouf files in a single tool and being able to manage and share them from there makes everything much easier. In addition, its space is really wide and we have never, had to worry about not having enough memory. Managing data and documents from Box streamlines work, we optimize various labor procedures thanks to its practicality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

It is my main tool to share with coworkers all my non-office related files, one thing that saves me a lot of time is that it's easy to add members to one technology stripe as an owner of a folder and members of another technology stripe as the owner of another folder so each knows what they are responsible for and they can still see all the project and collaborate together as needed, it is pretty self-explanatory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Syncing is ok most of the time, I really like the feature to turn it on and off but it is annoying that sometimes it is needed as a "sync now" button if you press it twice, otherwise, it is possible that I have an old version of the document in my local machine. It would be really nice if it could let you choose a sync interval Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is simple and easy to use as a shared folder and the web version allows to add users and permissions really easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Syncing files that need to be shared across teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hardware Engineer
What do you like best?

So few months ago I was surfing play Store and I found Box. I was curious and installed it and started using it. And I actually like it. It has a clean UI and other various collaborative functions like file sharing, file editing etc. I also use Box as a backup client for my phone and PC files. It's a good alternative to Google drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful thing about Box definitely has to be the storage option in free package. I got 10GBs of free cloud storage whereas Google drive gives you 15GBs of free cloud storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To all those who are searching for a Google drive alternative I advise you to try Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My Google drive storage was almost full so I had to find an alternative service to store my files. I'm glad that I found Box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Writer Editor
What do you like best?

I found Box on my play store suggestions and I installed it. I am using it and so far I quite like it. It has some features which others lacks. I like that I can lock the Box app through biometric authentication or pass code. But box also has auto sync, sharing links features which I use for my work. Overall Iso far I like box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Box offers only 10GB when signing up. It's should be atleast 15GB but I think 10GB is enough for most office works. Also stability is an issue here. Box app sometimes crashes suddenly and upload speed is slow. I think these should be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really like Box and it has been helping in work every day. Collaboration and project work sharing has been easy with box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Development
What do you like best?

I am glad that Box exists. It's fun to use. It has all the features you would expect like link sharing, backup, syncing, supporting different files. But there are also some useful features like file level security protocols, commenting on a specific file to give feedback. These features are good for work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the UI. While the UI is okay but I think it needs a facelift. Also nowadays dark mode is common in all app but Box doesn't have any dark mode toggle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am recommending everyone to use Box because it's a good platform to share and work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collaboration with other participants in a project has become really easy with Box. We can easily share required files with each other and comment on them if we have any feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Monitor
What do you like best?

Recently I used box to backup my files. I use the free storage option which is enough for most people. I like that box supports most of the file formats. Whenever there is a folder to upload I just upload the entire folder. When I want to share a file with my friend, I generate a sharable link and sent it to them. The file cloud preview is very high quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Free storage option only provides 10GB of free cloud storage. I have already filled 50% of the free storage given. If the free storage option provided more storage then it would be great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box can be used in offline too which is a great feature, solves my internet issues.

The file preview quality of box is very high. And the uploading system is very helpful with a indicator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HR / Payroll Administrator
What do you like best?

I appreciate how easy it is to use, the ability to add favorites, and having one place to upload documents that can be accessed by myself or other people that I have chosen to have access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times, it can be a little slow to upload documents. Also, I had a little trouble figuring out how to make some folders private and how to allow others access to other folders I created, but nothing I couldn't figure out on my own with a little trial and error. I also sometimes have trouble when it comes to finding documents I am looking for via the search menu, but I suppose this is more of a testament to how much we use this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I honestly don't really have any suggestions. Just don't lose faith if you have a couple encounters where it is slow to upload documents. These happen with all high-volume share sites. If you can't figure out how to do something, keep playing around with it or look it up online. It shouldn't be difficult to either find relevant information or resolve your problem yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has certainly eased my transition to working from home on my personal laptop. As an HR professional who has to allow employees to have access to policies and procedures for the organization, it is nice to be able to upload documents for all to see, as well as upload documents and keep them confidential. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Consultant
What do you like best?

I recently started using Box. It is almost good as Google drive. Just like Google drive I can upload folder containing files or just a single file also. The UI is okay not so great. Also many file formats are supported. I like the sharing system also. Just like Google drive I can generate a link of my file to share. It is so far so good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The downside of Box is that it only provides 10GB of free storage as compared to Google drive. 10GB is okay for most people but for professionals extra 5 GB is important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit of using Box is that I can use Box with my other email clients not just Gmail. It is definitely a plus for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Scientist - Machine Learning Engineer
What do you like best?

* One-stop solution for having multiple point of contact applications for your daily use.

* It is a floating hard-drive that's connected to all your devices.

* Its native support to Google applications and Office 365.

* Healthy mix of strong app integrations.

* The note-taking app and the built-in task manager is a super benefit.

* Security and safety are top-notch.

* Box for business accounts is a separate entity that can leverage a host of well-tuned specific applications under its own umbrella. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

* It is a bit costly and expensive.

* Paid feature of private key management is a real bummer.

* The storage capacity for the other paid account is really low.

* Sometimes too much is too messy too. Desktop app options are numerous and unclear.

* When compared to other cloud options, DropBox and Sugarsync, offer 20 times as much storage.

* Pricing and plans need to be better managed to gain user base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

* My online classes need me to have all my documents ready and easily upgraded or downloaded by other shared party users. The documents can be on box and the other shared user just has to use the credentials and finish up the work.

* File previewing, editing file, Google docs, Mobile Apps.

* Python libraries integrated allows easy code updates and code runs.

* Zoom feature allows user connectivity for doubts sessions and online classes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager industrial engineer & production planning & control
What do you like best?

Box personnel account offers you a huge 10 gb storage which is way more then 2 gb storage capacity of Dropbox and same as other cloud storage products. Its android app has a good user interface also with the nice facility of pass code and auto upload option for photos and other files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's paid version gives you only 100 gb capacity for $5/month/user whether other products of same genre gives you much more in comparison to cost like Dropbox & google drive gives 2tb @ $9.99/month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can definitely go for it as it's gives you freehand to many available features like you can import contacts from gmail or outlook and many others. It's have collaboration with many other sites also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Box gives you a super facility to creat a file from its website itself which is rarely found in any other cloud storage products like doc, xls etc even you can also convert it from its website also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Engineer
What do you like best?

I use box for all my things which I have to access anywhere. The best part of the box is that it is really very accessible and has all the tools for almost all types of files which one generally use in every day purposes. Also we can edit files on the go with its online document editing tools. Also I can have multiple editors, reviewers, and owners for the documents. Moreover, i can also have the the preview option disabled if I don't want people to see the other people files.

I use google drive for my personal work of cloud but Box is different in its own way. It let me collaborate with other people and get their feedback on the files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The things i dislike about box is finding files in it is really a mammoth task. Sometimes I get confused and cannot find the file which i need at a particular time. The other thing i dislike is pricing, it is expensive than its competitors and more than often the uploading speed of files is really low so it becomes frustating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company uses it for all the document sharing, and file editing purposes. Also it solves the problem of syncing files on different devices and it can be used on mobile devices also so it solves a huge problem in my team where some members generally collaborate using their iphones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The almost certain guarantee that everyone will see what data and day sheets they need that day from the tour manager. The 10gb storage for free users is pretty ample! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like as a user that the administrator can see what everyone has looked at. There were other folders I was unaware of that probably shouldn't have been public to the group, but this was at fault of the administrator to make those private. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good alternative to DropBox. Come to think of it, not having used it for a long time and uploading a screenshot to this review, I forgot how much free space you get compared to Dropbox which is pretty generous. I would highly recommend it for people on tour or working on a collaborative project together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At the start of the tour, day sheets were being printed out and/or emailed to all of us. This was not good as not everyone would read emails or lose printed day sheets and spec sheets for each venue. Box guaranteed we all got day sheets and relevant documents for each day as we were all told to download the app to our phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.