BombBomb Reviews & Product Details

BombBomb Overview

What is BombBomb?

BombBomb helps business professionals build better business relationships with video messages, instead of relying on faceless typed-out text. RECORD your face, CAPTURE your screen, or both. SHARE videos wherever you already send text and email. KNOW when someone plays your video, opens your message, and clicks your link. BombBomb works where YOU work. Google Chrome Extension, Gmail, Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn, Slack, and more. More than G2's top-rated Video Email software. Get access to 1-on-1 coaching, our best-selling book, the Customer Experience Podcast, and world-class customer support. Salespeople get more replies, set more appts, and win more deals. CS teams increase adoption, boost CSAT scores, and reduce churn. Internal teams communicate clearer, save time, and improve efficiency. Whether you're a team of 1 or 10,000, start using BombBomb to rehumanize your communication with video messaging.

BombBomb Details

BombBomb is a video messaging service that allows you to record, send, and track personalized video emails within the applications you use every day.

Speed to connection:
BombBomb is the quickest, easiest way to record and send video messages so you can get face to face with the people who matter most in your business.

Guidance to success:
Many try video software and don't see success. That's because your success with video messaging has very little to do with the software itself. It’s all about how you use the software. So we provide 1-on-1 coaching, hundreds of resources, and world-class customer support that many other software companies are unable to provide.

BombBomb has been helping people rehumanize their communication since before the iPhone was released.

BombBomb

BombBomb Screenshots

BombBomb Reviews

Showing 319 BombBomb reviews
Already have BombBomb?
What do you like best?

It is really easy and integrated with Gmail! I was really nervous about recording videos and sending them to clients. However, after the training it gave me a new perspective and I ended up sending 28 videos in the first week. Really loving it and getting alot of great response from the clients and other recipients of my video emails! It is easy and helps me stand out. I am excited to see what type of business this will bring in 2021! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not sure. So far it has been great and am still learning how to really dial it in and use it to its fullest potential! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is awesome! Just do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None so far! Easy peazy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use BB for work and I have been obsessed since day 1. Not only can I provide my customers with clear and concise walkthrough videos of their business platform or design features of our products, but I can create tutorials for my colleagues on how to use new programs and technologies. On top of that, I'm able to show my face to my client when I want! If I am trying to engage with them and "keep it human" I'll send over a quick video of me saying "hello!". My clients continuously praise me for putting in extra care to know them and their business by being personable through BB. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After working with BB and my rep for the past 6 months, there are huge pros to BB and the services yall provide. One thing I would say is interesting is when I asked my colleagues for feedback about why they don't record themselves on video often, most of them replied by saying they hate that they have to redo the video over and over again because they messed up a word or phrase. It would be interesting if BB could provide a script. The script would be typed in by the user before the video is started, and once the video starts, they can read the script while recording. It would make people a bit more confident when recording the videos, and it would help with time constraints. It's hard to redo a video over and over again while we have 1000% other things going on. Just a thought :D Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyway looking to engage on a more human personable level. Folks who work remotely and virtually! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While working remotely, a colleague of mine and I came up with the idea of creating how-to videos using BB. Since we are all working remotely we thought it would be interesting for us to create internal videos, things like, how to use excel or more in-depth tutorials for specific programs we use. For example, we started using Groove and I created multiple videos showing our colleagues how to use Groove in different ways. The videos are saved on all of our users personal BB accounts, so if they ever forget how to do something they can just look up the videos :D We also created a handful of external videos that can be sent directly to our clients. These videos show our clients things like how to login to their account or create a design using Adobe.

Another issue I have with BB is when we have it integrated with SF, no matter how many times I edit the integration, SF logs EVERY time an email was opened, closed, clicked, etc. For example. I send a BB email for my client's renewals. It includes a message about renewing and a BB of me! Whenever a client emails me back on that thread, or ANY thread that includes a BB, SF then logs that on the clients account page. But it doesn't log it once, it logs it 100's of times. So BB ends of bogging down my clients account pages within SF. So if I'm trying to look back to an email a client sent me, lets say 3 months ago. It would take me soooo long to find the email because I have to scroll through all of these "someone opened your BB" logs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

North America Business Development and Partnering
What do you like best?

Having the ability to create a template around a video message is very appealing. Other solutions that have recently come to the marketplace lack this flexibility. The tools to record and save videos is also very easy and the reporting does a good job. Their is a companion app for the web-based solution as well, and having the flexibility to record the screen is a welcome option. You can also assign a call-to-action, but I have not made heavy use of this capability yet; but I'm sure I will try it out soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit tricky at times. I have to spend some additional time finding where a detailed report can be accessed for my videos. Also, the UI is a bit tricky in having to conduct a few steps to download a video that was created. These are minor UI nicks but overall the solution is solid as a rock with no playback issues. One concerning issue is that if an email client has security settings such that pictures don't download, then the animated video image previews does not appear which seems to defeat the purpose...but all emails have this same problem today! Nothing bombbomb can really address, so it's not their fault. Also, I would like to be able to localize the few text strings that appear in an email, so our spanish clients can receive an email with the user actions in that language. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

providing a more unique and compelling client engagement method. We want to personalize our experiences further with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use BombBomb. Just open an email in gmail, click a button and record a video. It's so helpful how it renders in real time and you don't need to wait ages for the output.

So not only is it great for video emails, but also recording video for content as you don't need to record, edit, download, upload to a host etc. So much time saved!

Plus using the snipets option is a great feature as it again saves a huge amount of time by creating templates you can use again and again for repetitive emails you may send. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm honestly struggling... the main thing I used to dislike was not being able to speed up video playback, but they've added this feature recently!

One other thing I'd like to see would be the ability to edit the videos slightly, just cutting off the start and end of a video as sometimes I forget to hit stop or delay my start for the recording. If could add that in I'd be even happier, but it's still a minor thing and doesn't take away from how much I love this tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using BombBomb for client communication has made such a massive difference! The ability to use not just the video, but screen share to show what next steps are, walk them through a process or shoot an example of a video they need to create constantly receives massive positive feedback, helps them implement and get results faster.

I'm able to connect personally with clients, prospects and others who come into contact with my business. It's improved the show up rate for prospect calls, increased follow through from clients and drastically reduced the amount of time it takes to build rapport.

There is so many use cases for BombBomb that you can apply into your business, all it needs is a little imagination and creativity. Love it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

From a functionality perspective, BombBomb is easy to use, integrates nicely into Outlook and Salesforce which are the two primary tools I use for business communication and business development/networking.

In general, it is difficult to capture the attention of the my professionals network. The BombBomb video e-mail solution is an excellent and personal way to interact with my network and it gets their attention with a higher likelihood that they will open my e-mail. It's not a magic bullet as it is still incumbent upon me to make sure the content is meaningful and concise and I don't over communicate. But, during this global pandemic people are looking for ways to "be" with people while working remotely and BombBomb is one way of making communication more personal and leaves little room for misinterpretation of what I may have written in an e-mail.

My biggest concern was whether there were ways to track whether people opened and listed/watched the e-mail video and whether it was delegated to spam because of the file size of it being a video e-mail. I can track openings and being blocked or sent to spam has not been an issue as far as I can tell. I can also stop and re-record a message with relative ease making it easy to modify an e-mail. It might be more difficult to stop and re-record if it was a longer e-mail, but since it's generally best to keep video-emails relatively short (mine are no longer than a minute and most 30 seconds), it is not a problem to re-record in my experience.

Another feature that is very helpful to me is the ability to show a slide (graph, data summary, flow chart, etc.) and talk about it instead of having to write a long narrative explaining what the slide would show if they had been able to see it. My clients are weary of capability presentations and this feature allows me to show a quick slide on why they should work with us. Or, if they are working with us and I want to share data, I can do so easily that sets the stage for a more in-depth meeting to discuss results later. It maximizes my time and my customer's time.

Support is very good and staff are very responsive to requests for help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is not having the ability to have a virtual background, but hopefully this will be possible at some point in the near future. Some clients have suggested that they do not like having the video e-mail open in another browser instead of being able to watch it within the e-mail body. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but they have commented that if it opened as a window within the body of the e-mail it would make it an even better user experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As long as BombBomb offers a free trial, take them up on it as it is important to use this solution to make sure it fits for your business. BombBomb staff are very helpful in answering questions and while I was a motivated buyer because I wanted to use a system like this, I did not feel pressured to purchase.

Take the time to set up the system and determine how you want to integrate it into your business as you may find features that are helpful you did not think of, or ones you may not want to take on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest problem I am attempting to solve is the ability to capture the attention of people who are bombarded with written e-mails and do not want, and cannot, read all of them. BombBomb provides a solution that grabs people's attention when they see my face in the body of the e-mail and are at least curious if not intrigued enough that they will open and listen. It has definitely improved our numbers in terms of having more engaged customers. Customers can also listen to the video-email almost anywhere as long as they have their headphones and many appreciate being able to listen to a brief video e-mail instead of having to rely on being in a place where they can read it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Broker Owner
What do you like best?

BombBomb emails stand out! Recipients are more likely to view your short video email than to read your scripted email. I usually make a sign on a sheep of 8.5X11 paper with a personal greeting like "Hey Larry!" A cool feature is that you are notified when they watch your video email. I have had occasions where the video email was played 2-3 times over a one month period. It's different and it makes you stand out. Sometimes I have a low priced listing and I will get over 50 inquiries from Zillow. I can make a video and respond to each one with the same video. It's much more personal than regular emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very few things. I had difficulty one time loading an email from my files to BombBomb. I sent a help request to BombBomb and someone responded very promptly. The only this I wish they had was a teleprompter feature for recording an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. You will like it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BombBomb makes me more personable to potential clients. BombBomb emails definitely attract attention over regular emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to send video messages in bulk or I can customize and send it individually to make it more personal to the receiver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dislike since having Bomb Bomb from being on a team to now being a solo agent, I can't say that there is one thing that I dislike about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is something you need to implement in your business. Even beforehand and especially now with everything going virtual your business and your business platform needs to pivot. What best way to get in front of your clients/customers than be be face front with them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since now with everything being more virtual I am using Bomb Bomb on an even higher level to reach out and connect with my clients. I feel that the initial introduction and for the receiving party to see me on the other end makes my messages genuine and more personable and this sets me apart from the average Realtor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

BombBomb is extremely easy to use whether in the Google extension or within the application, it has great user interface and excellent customer service which makes for an outstanding customer experience. I'm extremely satisfied with the product and our team has been able to maintain and grow critical relationships during Covid travel and meeting restrictions. I'm confident that our use of BombBomb will continue to increase as we realize all the benefits of this excellent tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only initial hang-up was getting over "fear of the camera" and the BombBomb team even helped us to overcome that with webinars and a variety of resources they have in their training too-kit. They helped us realize that we don't have to have "cinema-quality-video" to communicate in an authentic way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our team cultivates and maintains relationships with monthly recurring donors who are eager to know what is happening in our international child and community development efforts. While we have not abandoned our written communication and monthly reports, we are using BombBomb to communicate short videos that highlight successes and challenges associated with the projects they are supporting. Our engagement levels when sending video-email are up significantly over text-only emails and this has helped us increase donor retention even during Covid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

New Home Sales Counselor
What do you like best?

BB made it easy to start with video before anyone else. I started using it when they were pretty new. It's obvious that the person on the other end of the phone had no idea who they were talking to. With BB, they could see that you were a live person and could make up their mind if they wanted to work with you or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Don't love some of the templates, but I can build my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For people getting started with video it is a great choice. No complicated audio, lighting options are simple, can use it with the phone. Great starter software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clients knew who they were talking to, it wasn't scripted, it was personal. Easier to run a short video than email, way more personal than text Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it comes through as an email as opposed to the standard text message or text email. I feel that the way it is sent makes the viewer more inclined to click it and watch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually don't dislike anything. I think it is perfectly created to help get our messages across to the viewer. I also think that it comes off pretty unique and the viewer is curious what it is and watches it, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is something that you have never used before and can be a tool to help get more business! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realize that more viewers actually view my video more than they do my regular emails. I also like that it tracks it for me as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that you can send videos to coworkers, and leads. BombBomb allows you to express your personality and stand out among others! Leads remember your face and personality vs another plain email in their inbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

BombBomb tracks any time an email is opened, even if that is me so I get confused if the lead has opened it or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have fun and get creative with BombBomb! It's a great resource and tool to stand out to your leads and show them your personality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BombBomb is helping me solve an issue with connecting with the leads. With BombBomb my leads are able to see me and my personality, know I am a real human that cares about their business and not just sending an automated email. I also enjoy being able to see if the lead has opened my email and clicked on the video or link that is attached. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Independent Aesthetic Sales Representative
What do you like best?

I love being able to send a personalized video that lets me merchandise my smile and my style in communicating with customers and prospects!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Bombbomb... it is a fabulous tool that makes personalized communication easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm "getting through" with a higher success rate with my bombbomb messages to customers and prospects. And it is easier for them to view and listen to a 1 min message vs. reading a text heavy message. I believe that my rate of getting through to people is higher and my messaging is also clearer because I can say it just the way I want them to hear it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Their mobile app is so intuitive and their templates are so stunning. Literally within a couple min you have a piece of marketing through video that is shareable and entertaining. I use it as my main marketing tool. The response from my doctors are incredible. This tool markets itself and I have more of y clients ask me how to get this for their practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some time the app will freeze up and you will loose your email your trying to create. There is a limit to the type of templates you can get. Overall though the positives out way the negatives big time. I think y’all need to optimize the storage capacity on the length of the videos wont make the app freeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will say this get the app and shoot your first bomb bomb! I guarantee you will see more engagement with your clients than any other email marketing software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In the world of convoluted marketing applications that boast of a lot of promises there is no comparison to having you market your company yourself through video. I walk into an office that has seen my face and heard my voice thanks to bomb bomb. This makes such a stronger connection to our clients. Honestly the a world of Tick Tock and Instagram reels you have the ability to capture creative and enticing pieces of content. Get this it has helped so many of my reps get over the fear of speaking and being on camera. This will be a game changer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease to communicate with my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve, I'm impatient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communicating with challenging clients. I have a client who is a property flipper. Now developing properties for rental income. We had challenges connecting. Email, texts, and phone calls were not connecting. This was happening multiple times. I used Bombbomb for the first time with him, and he answered back within 10 minutes. He shared that he receives so many emails, texts, and phone calls during the day, that it becomes a blur. The video catches his attention. He knows it's me. And he replies back immediately. Bombbomb has been so incredible, that I've closed 2 refi's on his rental properties, and working on a third. I asked if he wanted to refi his current primary home. He said no, because he will be selling the property, to buy a single family home. He wants me to do the financing for his purchase. Bombbomb is the BOMB!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ER
What do you like best?

The best part of Social Prompt is that it is an easy button to staying engaged with my customers and in turn keeping retention of those customers.

I use it to save me time on writing long emails that no one reads. I keep face to face contact with my customers which helps build relationships. I would highly recommend this to anyone in a customer-facing role who works with other people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Outlook plugin has some problems but it works great with Gmail and the app helps me record from my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't let the idea that you aren't young enough and long enough hair or any of that nonsense keep you from using this product. Eveyone likes to see a friendly face. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With COVID and the pandemic, I spend way less time face to face with my customers. When they see a friendly face on the other side of the email as opposed to just text it helps me build the relationship and stick out compared to my competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®
What do you like best?

Video emails on the fly. I think it's great that we can record a short email on the fly. It makes the email more personable and the recipient can better gauge the emotion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When sending to multiple recipients, the analytics is not clear on who opened your email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to take your communication to the next level, I highly recommend Bombbomb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More than just video emails, I like the analytics in terms of seeing who opens your emails and how much of the video they watched. It helps me create more relevant videos for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the screen share, it’s a great way to record contract reviews and build a library of important information that my clients can reference back when they need the information. I love the ability to share my screen when providing market reports, to put a name with face, wiling providing information. My clients enjoy it much more vs reading an email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far so good. I’m a new user and I’ve been using Bomb for the last 10 months. It’s been great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very useful and effiecnt tool for you business, any business! Bomb Bomb is a must, get it early and use it often. Great way to build rapport with your prospects and trust with your clients. 100000000% better than sending and email! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

BombBomb has been a great way for us to bridge the communication gap with customers and be able to share information in a personal way so they know that we care about them. We have been able to use BombBomb videos when our manager does visits and a customer isn't there at the time of a visit he can walk them through what he is seeing in a personal and connected way for our customers. We have loved using BombBomb!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We haven't found anything that we have not liked about being able to share information with customers through BombBomb! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to communicate with customers what we are seeing in a real way as we walk them through the processes we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the ability to screen record directly from my email inbox. I can communicate more clearly and quickly than ever before Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the video quality seems to be glitchy. Similar issues seem to happen on a variety of devices (PC Desktop, laptop, iPad, etc.)

It is a hit or miss problem. My internet at work should not be the reason why. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of carefully drafting long time consuming emails. Parents and students I work with have loved the new form of communication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

Software previously worked well until this year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have used their software for over 1.5 years and mainly with Microsoft Outlook as a plugin until recently with all kind of issues and their support doesn't want to fix. Their explanation is that they are not supporting Microsoft Outlook any longer and want me to use the Google Chrome Extension. Absolutely terrible customer service and they don't want to refund my money due to their crappy software not working any longer. Would highly recommend looking at other software instead of dealing with this company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It worked great in Microsoft Outlook until this year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bomb Bomb is fast and easy to set up and the quality of video is great. Makes doing visual showing super easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to add multiple videos on the same email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate, this is a very well made app and it will elevate your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the pandemic a lot of my clients do not want to go visit property in person, so this let's me go in and do virtual walkthroughs of any property they would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create templates in BombBomb that I can reuse and just update over and over. Many other software I have used in the past I had to start from scratch basically. But I can send an email, stay in the same template and then send it again to a different list of people and not have to change pages. It is super convenient for what I use it for, for work. I love how you can organize your contacts as well depending on how they have interacted with your emails depends on the color they are given and the points system is wonderful. I use this system to decide after so many emails to get rid of that contact. Color picker feature is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I use Bombbomb for my team of 6 and what drives me the most crazy is that they all have their own separate lists that need to stay separated and when I add in new contacts to one of the agents lists, it automatically adds them into the batch sphere which combines multiple lists. I do not know why it does that but I then have to go through each contact and remove them one by one. OMG

Also you do not have has much freedom to create custom emails like Myemma etc. I wish I could do more with the design. Kind of basic.

Needs more text options too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I find that for design purposes, create it in a different software, then download it as a png or jpeg and then upload it to BombBomb so it looks the way you want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to separate our team emails into one account which is nice when you have a manager on the team to send out all the emails. Being able to change the senders email is amazing an makes it so easy to switch between the agents. We realize it is great for sending quick videos but more customized emails can be a big pain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales And Marketing Representative
What do you like best?

BombBomb is easy to use. allows for that personal touch and their webinars are full of a lot of good information/tips Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all features are available on all devices. (It would be nice to be able to do CTA's on my phone.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good tool that they will teach you to use if you are hesitant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provides another medium to reach my clients and is different enough to catch their attention. It also personalizes content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: Invi