Blueshift

Blueshift

Cross-Channel Marketing Automation combined with AI-Powered Recommendations for email, websites and mobile apps. Powered by a 360-degree Customer View.

Work for Blueshift?

Learning about Blueshift?

Blueshift Reviews

Ask Blueshift a Question
Rebecca S.

"Very flexible platform & excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

Using Blueshift has allowed us to introduce very bespoke personalisation & automation across all of our customer comms. The personlisation studio in a particular is extremely useful for allowing us to test different methods of personlisation to find which is the most effective. It's also a very user friendly system, and easy to create campaigns & manage users, whatever the level of complexity of the campaign.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, not much. We've run into some snags but the team have been really quick to resolve them for us.

We've got a large customer base and an unusual commercial model. Deliverying personalised comms to this base has been very tricky and we found it difficult to find a partner as most comms software platforms are geared up for straightforward e-commerce businesses, Because Blueshift is more flexible we've been able to solve these issues. Now nearly half of everything we send is personalised to some extent - this in turn has results in a big uplift in revenue from these channels.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Blueshift
Showing 95 Blueshift reviews
Shehwar K.

"Simple, Efficient, and a Complete CRM management tool"

What do you like best?

Using Blueshift as a CRM management tool has been an amazing experience for me.

Customization of email templates, checking data events with tracked and anonymised customer information that remains private and compliant with all data protection rules is a dream tool for us.

Two-factor authentication with such a tool is simply a cherry on the top for a security fanatic like me.

Been using the tool for almost a year now and love the customization features which can be micromanaged to suit design requirements, user likeability and incorporate any changes on the go.

What do you dislike?

Slight amount of delay is to be expected (especially when you're working with a database that comprises of potentially over a million users.) however, on very rare occasions, it may behave as slow as a snail for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can be a great platform for CRM management team with a great customer support team backing an awesome product. Been using the tool for almost a year with barely any issues/dissatisfaction faced in the product.

Blueshift has been our primary CRM communication tool for marketing and other campaign-based communications to customers and minor data events monitoring as well.

With Blueshift being a top-notch data and automation platform, we've been able to utilize their capabilities to better align with our goals

The automation features within blueshift related to these are very clear and easy to use with minor training.

Events/campaigns are fully traceable to the end where they were delivered/bounced back, opened etc.

Tool is easy to manage customer preferences over communication channels like Mobile/push notifications or email and messages as well.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Blueshift
Mary Krystle A.

"Best Solution in managing customer data"

What do you like best?

Automations based on trends and habits of our customers. It really makes the process easier. It is an effective solution to manage thousand of our customers by collecting and analysis of our data. Also, it's very useful in collecting customer profiles. We do not need to manually update it, the AI itself updates it in the backend.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to get used to to the interface, but once you learn the ins and outs... it gets easier. Most of our agents takes a bit while to understand the process and how to use it but with specific training, it became very useful for everyone. Honestly, there's nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to individually target your consumers with the use of AI then Blueshift is the best choice.

Blueshift helps our company in creating customized campaigns based on our customer. It helps us automate and target specific markets easier across all our platform.

What Customer Data Platform (CDP) solution do you use?

Ravinshu S.

"Great Marketing Automation for Ecommerce"

What do you like best?

The fact that once a lot of data points start flowing in, the ways in which you can automate email campaigns is amazing. I personally like drip campaigns to my custom segments.

What do you dislike?

I am yet to explore having attributes for emails. These attributes would be my custom data that I can upload against my users or new users. This custom data is not a part of the data base. Plus the email designing is complicated for a newbie.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it if you are looking to automate emails and push notifications if you are e-commerce and have all the data being captured. In that case, creativity on emails is the only limit for any organization.

We send service and pre-sales email to our base of signed up customers and those interested in our products. Service emails are something my team uses it to send reminders, send triggered emails on few events being triggered. We also use the feature to send an email when a customer enters a Segment.

Daniel G.

"Analyst Happy with Clean and Automated Email Marketing Reporting"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of the automated reporting that allows me to keep my finger on the pulse without having to constantly remember to login. This is also really useful if you're looking to implement an ingestion of the data to some sort of warehouse, given that it is a good, clean file that is sent in a consistent format. This can elevate email marketing reporting and really help integrate it into the greater scheme of reporting for a company.

What do you dislike?

Some of the implementation was a bit tricky to navigate, but it was overall a smooth and positive experience. I know that Blueshift is branching out, but it still does really feel geared towards just email marketing. Making some of the other Marketing streams more robustly implemented into their product would open up possibilities to it being used in other ways as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is robust for email marketing tracking. I would recommend understanding ahead of time all of the ways in which you intend to use it so that you can better guide the implementation process. Automated reports are a huge help, so make sure to take the time to really understand how to set that up and send it to your inbox at a regular cadence. It may seem unnecessary at first, but you are unlikely to regret setting that up for yourself down the line. Lastly, read over some of their documentation before you try to implement (unlike me).

We want to track and optimize our Email campaigns. Blueshift is well-geared as a platform towards making that a really achievable goal. It helps us track everything we need, such as Email clicks. We now have a consistent stream of exactly the data we need to help power and guide our decisions forward.

Arthur T.

"Blueshift is a key to success in marketing for your company"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Blueshift is that there are so many ways to break down your CRM. You are also able to gather insights and conduct tests through variations. Many companies struggle in SEO, CRM, and specifically in scaling their marketing, but Blueshift provides a valuable service in changing that.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. However, a recommendation I do have would have to do with the infrastructure. Sometimes the platform can be slow due to too many things happening in the background in my experience

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try and I think it'll easily change your mind. There are so many ways to utilize the platform and being able to have a platform for marketing that is scalable can be extremely important for companies of larger sizes.

Being able to also really have a look into revenue and how it is broken down by the different types of marketing campaigns that are set up within Blueshift has been helpful. Many companies aren't able to distinguish what is the winner and what is not. From making tests on personalization of a subject line to having up to 10 different variations in an email, Blueshift is really able to make creating a strong marketing department easy.

I personally recommend Blueshift to other users that are curious about the value of Blueshift.

We have solved testing needs regarding open rates. We have also gained so many insights from the platform itself.

Ryan W.

"Blueshift helps us make our Customer data actionable for marketing automation at scale."

What do you like best?

I like Blueshifts ability to create product recommendations at scale based on individual Customers browsing and purchasing data. This allows us to create 1-1 Customer to offer communications at scale across our engaged Customers.

What do you dislike?

I struggle somewhat with prioritization between different trigger based push notifications. It would be great if Blueshift could apply their AI prowess to help us decide, when a Customer is potentially eligible for multiple communications within a day, which should we send and potentially how many should we send to maximize towards our goals.

With Blueshift, we are solving for how we communicate with Customers intelligently at scale across millions of Customers. We have already seen growth in the revenue from our marketing channels as well as the amount of new Customers we are getting to make their first purchase.

AT
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the system is extremely impressive. We have really managed to personalise our customer engagement strategies thanks to the endless combinations that Blueshift offers. I am also very happy with the support of Blueshift - always answers within a very short time and provides a great customer service.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about this software, there can always be improvements of course, but really have nothing to complain about!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Blueshift is an extremely good tool for customer acquisition and customer retention. We have seen results and engagement spike when applying its capabilities to our business. Also, Blueshift support is beyond fantastic - whenever we had any issues, Blueshift always answered us within a very short time to help us sort out the problem at stake.

As a business, we are trying to find ways to increase customer retention, as well as, personalise customer flows and customer journeys. So far I can say we are already seeing results in terms of engagement and revenue.

Cat C.

"Great Data Platform for Triggered Emails"

What do you like best?

Blueshift makes it easy to create triggered emails based on events through customer profiles. It is easy to create events, segments new email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that would help make Blueshift better, like allowing copy and paste feature of new templates within a branch to help with data transfer or being able to archive templates that are no longer in use to help give a cleaner view of campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool if you want data to be a priority and send emails based on events or attributes of your customers

We have honed in on creating real time interaction with customers based on their transactions. Blueshift allows templates to be easily changed without much hassle.

Natasha R.

"Dynamic Data-Drive Service and Automated Platform "

What do you like best?

I truly appreciate the diligence and effort put forth by the Blueshift team. We needed to get this launched before our contracted ended with Salesforce and saw a whole team effort on the Blueshift side. Not only were they willing to help us through any problems, but they were quick, friendly and very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

There's some confusing language when it comes to filtering/segmenting your audience. I still have not become familiar with it myself and tend to second guess myself. However, a responsive support team has been my savior.

Also, your not able to file campaigns, segments, etc. I believe that approach could be fixed rather quickly because it shouldn't take much lift in the UI. Again, I was coming from Salesforce where everything can be dropped into folders for organization and quick usability. My suggestion here would be to focus more on the UI and usability for consumers before adding additional features that may only drive more confusion.

With Blueshift being a top-notch data and automation platform, we've been able to utilize their capabilities to better align with our Ecommerce goals. As mentioned, we were using Salesforce prior and already had transaction capabilities along with downstream marketing and triggered campaigns. The logic within Blueshift is more intuitive and easy to transition onto. We wanted to migrate off Salesforce due to high cost and business acquisitions. Being apart of Blueshift allowed other business units to be built into our services -- for a low cost. This gave us the ability to focus more on our digital flow, i.e. Cart and finally have a holistic view in the digital space. We have yet to integrate all of their features and capabilities but we'll be moving towards that this year!

"A powerhouse of NASA Grade technology"

What do you like best?

Honestly? Triggered campaigns are pretty damn cool, they're essentially set and forget - but obviously don't actually forget about them - you should probably check them from time to time :P

Also the bee template builder shared assets feature, from a dev point of view means a lot of good code re-use. That plus the power of bee templates has really empowered our marketing team when it comes to their velocity and quality.

Blueshift's connectivity with a bazillion different platforms is a definite win also, although it can be overwhelming at first!

The recommendations system is very powerful, but can be tricky to onboard with at first. You can pretty much do anything you want in there though once you get going.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit tricky to navigate, not everything is super clear at first. But I've found that you can usually get any questions you have cleared up on a call with your account manager. It would be good to see all the documentation updated comprehensively though!

The staff user limit is a bit weird, I've often wondered why it has to cost us more to get a few extra staff member accounts added.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider if you are ready for the feature-set that blueshift has to offer. If you just need simple EDM software for some basic campaigns, Blueshift probably isn't for you. If you're a larger corporation who want's a very personal 1:1 connection with your customers, I'd hands-down recommend Blueshift.

We've needed a single platform to manage our outgoing campaigns for a while. Blueshift solves that problem easily, but then also delivers a bazillion other features which honestly - is a bit overwhelming at first - but also exciting. We've barely scratched the surface in terms of what it can offer, and it's become a massive priority for us as a business to start utilizing the platform and it's many capabilities more!

Lauren R.

"Responsive, personalized support, flexible product "

What do you like best?

Blueshift offers our team consistent. responsive and personalized support. The team is receptive to customer feedback and iterates new features and enhancements that help our team move more efficiently and intelligently. As a result, they've paved a promising product roadmap, rich with improvements and features for teams with growth goals, such as A/B testing, advanced segmentation and performance attribution, as well as a flexible API.

What do you dislike?

Having used Marketo, HubSpot, and MailChimp prior to using Blueshift, I can attest that Blueshift is function-first.The product has a fairly bare bones UI that is not immediately intuitive to navigate. This is most apparent when onboarding new users. Although, once you know how to do something or get somewhere, the limited design is not an issue, and is in fact, an enhancement that allows for fewer steps to execute a campaign than in other tools.

We optimize production time with features like Shared Assets and Advanced Segmentation, and improve our customer experience with dynamic personalization through Liquid filters.

UF

"Daily User of This Versatile, User-Friendly Platform"

What do you like best?

Blueshift is very versatile from a functionality standpoint. I feel like we are able to accomplish most things we want to test easily and efficiently. For the most part it is very user friendly as well. I've only been a daily user for the past 5 months, and I feel like I was able to pick it up very quickly with limited frustration.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard tends to be a bit buggy - it usually doesn't impact what we're trying to accomplish, but it can get frustrating when you run into issues that prevent you from finishing a task. I will say that support is very quick to respond and usually resolves issues in a timely manner. Another improvement that would be helpful is more robust reporting. I'd love to more easily look at trends both on a campaign and template level.

We've been implementing quite a few different frequency tests lately - and Blueshift makes it easy to flag customers in certain segments to easily evaluate and track how the tests are performing. We've been able to identify gaps in revenue that we're missing because we aren't emailing at the most optimal cadence for consumers.

Divya M.

"Data-driven marketing platform with travel specific features"

What do you like best?

Customer Segments + Recommendations Tool - We have integrated Segment.io to Blueshift and it has helped with automating and personalizing our retargeting efforts. The true value of Blueshift was realized when we could launch triggered marketing campaigns targeted to specific segments based on a user's behavior onsite, and deliver relevant personalized content using the recommendations tool.

Customer Support - The team at Blueshift is extremely knowledgeable about their product and very open to feedback. I've been super impressed with their turnaround time and responsiveness. They are also not hesitant to listen to our specific needs and work with us to introduce new features.

What do you dislike?

Onboarding: Onboarding can take a while and certain features like segment filters aren't very intuitive. However, I loved the fact that they set up regular calls with a dedicated account lead to help with initial difficulties.

Reporting: While Blueshift certainly has helped with reporting and tracking, it is still very basic and it would be great to see more in-built customizations starting with tagging campaigns. At this point, you still need to download data on to excel to work on it.

Personalization, automated email marketing, segmented retargeting with dynamic content and overall email lifecycle marketing.

While looking for a solution for us, it was important that the platform offered hotel and travel-specific features, like segmenting users based on data like search dates, location or hotel type. Blueshift was one of the only platforms that was able to do this and continues to work with us to introduce features that work for our specific needs.

Stef R.

"Great tool for personalised and automated email marketing"

What do you like best?

The automated campaigns we have set up based on user's interactions with the website have been highly beneficial to our company. The ability to implement A/B testing at ease has reaped great insight into user's preferences.

What do you dislike?

Building segments can be done in multiple ways and it is often unclear which would be the most effective.

Reports showing the amount of links on individual links are not displayed in a user friendly way. Heat maps would be much clearer and preferable.

The automated campaigns we have set up with Blueshift that are triggered on users' actions have freed up our time as marketers to focus on more creative marketing campaigns.

Anzal A.

"Great tool for Marketing Automation."

What do you like best?

1. The segmentation is advanced. Blueshift has a branched OR and AND conditional structure which can handle complex segmentation.

2. How programmable it is. A lot of data is spread across in google sheets and internal database. Blueshift's API has covered all of my use-cases in Urban Ladder.

3. Pricing. Blueshift is one of the most affordable services in the market for the level of quality they provide.

What do you dislike?

1. UI can be better.

2. Customer service could be more efficient in resolving queries.

3. There's no customer analytics.

1. We use Blueshift for CRM.

2. Blueshift has enabled us to do promotional programs which are otherwise difficult to execute.

3. We ran Email experiments with multiple templates and frequency

Bradford M.

"Best AI based platform we looked at"

What do you like best?

AI and ML are the future of marketing automation. We looked at a ton of vendors and what they were doing in the space and believe that Blueshift is by far the leader. Each company is different and they were approaching it in a way that would work for our company.

What do you dislike?

The setup has been a little harder than some plug and play platforms, but that is the tradeoff with better tech.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great support from their staff in setup, but have technical resources available.

We want to treat every one of our users and customers on a one-to-one level. Blueshift is helping us enable that.

Marcos J.

"Great Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

The segmentation possibilities are huge, with Blueshift I can do almost everything that I want in segmentation.

What do you dislike?

I wish Blueshift had a better data visualization tool. It's not so good to understand my data in the plataform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If we need a great marketing automation tool, Blueshift is a good choice, but if you need other features like landing pages (like HubSpot or SharpSpring) is not the right tool.

We are using Blueshift to create automation campaigns for acquisition and engagement of our students. We want to have bigger results with less effort, via email, SMS, browser push notification and integrations with Facebook and Google Ads to maximize our results in different channels.

Echo W.

"Blueshift features changing the world! "

What do you like best?

I love that Blueshift shows us each event (or action) that the customer has taken. As a QA assistant, this helps me diagnose problems much easier by being able to see what each customer is doing in their account.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Blueshift doesn't save info (such as customers' email addresses) that I've previously entered into the customer attributes field. It's a little hassle but would save me a lot of time if it did save it. I also don't like that Blueshift makes me authenticate my account about every third time I open the page, even though I'm using the same device. That's another little hassle about it that would save me a lot of time if it just actually remembered my device.

We're solving business problems because we're able to access all of our customers' data in one place. We're saving so much time because we don't have to jump around multiple platforms to access information. Another benefit I've realized is that we can diagnose problems with our emails within Blueshift, thus not relying on customers to troubleshoot for us.

Antonella T.

"Nice platform to create email campaigns"

What do you like best?

It's easy to find how it works, easy to find tools to change the email style

What do you dislike?

Pretty limited in a more advanced level, for example when you inject HTML, CSS is not saved for other templates, you need to create a shared component and then inject in the emails you want to add it and add again classes to objects, even though I changed only the text...

I can create campaigns, track the users flow and segmentation. I can create different templates and layout based on the target groups. It seems pretty useful and more powerful of platform competitors.

Lauren H.

"The Smart Marketing Platform for Data-Driven Businesses "

What do you like best?

I like that I can go into the dashboard and view metrics that are important to my business for email success. Also, the ability to track email template performance alongside campaign performance has provided actionable insights for our business.

What do you dislike?

Some of the newest updates have been rolled out with little communication and I find myself discovering them on my own versus being told about them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a method of utilizing data to drive your email marketing efforts, this is the platform for you. It goes beyond the normal email send and allows marketers to apply data to provide customers content and/or communications as they need them.

Our main problem was the ability to provide our customers personalized content and at scale. With BlueShift we are able to share our top content with customers who will find it relevant to their experience on our site.

"Blueshift is a great automation tool"

What do you like best?

I like that most of the platform is really easy to use. Especially for someone who has used 5+ email service providers before. The team was also very helpful when on-boarding us to the new platform!

What do you dislike?

We have a very complicated internal process and sometimes is difficult to align with the Blueshift platform (this is common for most ESPS). During the sales process we were told a few things were 100% possible but ended up being way more complex/difficult than we anticipated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you communicate all your use cases correctly. If you have a complicated back end and/or complex data make sure you involve tech and clearly identify areas that could be a challenge.

Putting all of our automated emails into one platform. Before Blueshift we were mailing from 2-3 different email providers which was very difficult to keep reporting and data analysis together.

Carmen S.

"Great customer data platform "

What do you like best?

Blueshift is very flexible and is continuously making improvements to their platform to help meet our business needs. We have only been with the platform a couple of months now and there have already been a few instances where they have added features to their platforms, per our request, to help facilitate the setup of our campaigns.

I’ve also had a great experience with their account reps who are very responsive and are quick to act on any issues that may arise.

Overall, very hands-on approach!

What do you dislike?

Overall, I have had a great experience with the platform as it is very intuitive for the most part. However, it would be great to have more enhanced reporting tools to better visualize the data within the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a powerful data-driven platform that allows for highly targeted customer communications, Blueshift is a great choice.

We were struggling to ramp up our personalization and targeting due to limited capabilities with our previous ESP. Now, we use Blueshift as our primary CRM platform. Their ability to integrate our data streams to trigger campaigns and create customer segments has allowed us to optimize our communications to be more targeted, relevant, and drive higher engagement.. They are a great customer data platform with data stored at a customer level, which allows us to better segment and activate this data using simple non-sql selection criteria.

Kristy N.

"Agile Automation Solution "

What do you like best?

Team - I've been super impressed by the team and the speed at quick they execute. They take feedback and iterate quickly. They also have a great support structure, tickets get resolved within a couple hours, which is really unique in my past experience with Responsys, Vero and Marketo. The team is also super knowledgeable about their product and are able to help through any roadblocks we run into.

Data - We currently leverage the segment.io to blueshift data integration and it's been great so far. This has enabled us to launch emails quickly based on behaviors our users have taken and allows for flexibility in segmentation. The way in which data is stored in Blueshift also enables us to build algorithms and build quick segments based on our product catalog.

Flexibility

We came to Blueshift after using Responsys and the tool has enabled us to launch campaigns quickly.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't great and they are making improvements on this takes a backseat to new features. Organization is difficult in the tool as it's basically a list of campaigns with no folder or tagging structure.

The segmentation tool isn't entirely intuitive. Typically we're building pretty complex segments and building 10 inclusions/exclusions can suck up a good amount of time. Also, the language in the segmentation tool can be confusing. I still second guess myself after being in the tool almost a year now.

Reporting isn't great yet. You get basic reporting but can't aggregate or tag different campaigns. At this point the reporting the tool offers is a giant spreadsheet. You basically have to download or copy/paste and do all the manipulation within excel.

More timely and relevant communications for prospective and existing customers.

"Great possibilities, but hard to implement and troubleshoot."

What do you like best?

Demo showed incredible personalization and segmentation

What do you dislike?

still doesn't work right after months, push notifications platform is lacking and buggy, customer service always says they can't replicate the issues we're seeing. Also, they need a better mobile site/app - it's impossible to do anything on your phone

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your backend database is completely compatible with Blueshift before starting. We haven't been able to use most of the functionality and our dev team has spent hours trying to follow Blueshift's instructions. Also, would not recommend for Push notifications.

Trying to get better segmentation and 1:1 personalization. It's taken months of dev time and it still is not working correctly. Also lacking basic metrics like the breakdown between mobile and desktop. Push notification platform is weak compared to other companies we've used in the past and we're still having issues with it.

Jeffrey H.

"Powerful, flexible platform and a personal touch"

What do you like best?

Blueshift has the most flexibility and customization capabilities out of some 20 different email platforms we evaluated. We pass in a ton of relevant data, and are able to filter, segment, and trigger email streams with ease on over 50 parameters and millions of users in our list. The platform is fast and the team is technically proficient.

I've have also had strongly positive experiences with their account reps. They are responsive and willing to entertain all of our product enhancement and feature requests, no matter how zany.

What do you dislike?

As power users of the platform, there have been occasional instances of data syncing issues or automated stream glitches. The team has always been quick to respond however and has worked with urgency to resolve any issues when they've arose.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Blueshift has a lot of power and customization, I would recommend as a platform that you can grow from a simple communication strategy to a sophisticated one with multi channel logic.

We use Blueshift as our primary communications platform for multiple channels with customers of our financial product. The ability to integrate our data streams for triggering events or customer segmentation has been invaluable in reducing manual effort, increasing our customer touch points and engagement, as well as opening up new services to our users, such as real-time transaction alerts.

Rafaella F.

"Powerfull tool, great customer support team but needs a little more flexibility"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Blueshift was its processing speed (doing everything there was really fast), the ability to create different types of segments and use all our Segement's events to personalize emails and automations. Liquid tags were one of my favorite thing creating campaigns at Blueshift.

What do you dislike?

For us, here in Brazil, the cost of the tool is a little expensive, since the Dolar floats according to the exchange rates. Other than that, we got a feeling that Blueshift focused a lot on numbers and predictions and left usability and other capabilities aside, such as integrations with other tools to create a more omnichannel marketing strategy.

We solved problems about creating emails more easily and creating different segments with whatever rules applied to our needs.

Pete D.

"Fast, Reliable, Great Content Builder!"

What do you like best?

User segmentation is excellent and makes updating prior to a send ideal. Content builder is the best I have used across multiple enterprise level email platforms.

What do you dislike?

A/B testing is a bit cumbersome. Would like it to be a bit easier to set a simple subject line test to a portion of the database and automatically trigger a send to the remaining list after a winner is declared

We are early into our adoption of the platform so have not yet implemented some of the more advanced personalization, AI, and segmentation. However usability is excellent so far.

Lemuel Buctot C.

"Best Marketing Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Able to deploy messages on blast, trigger, Push, and SMS on 1 campaign flow - it's all-in-one. Plus, segmentation lot of query options. I like the ability to send out unique coupon code for blast.

What do you dislike?

There are some reporting tools I been looking for like campaign, heatmaps, conversion dashboard summary. Campaign Metric breakdowns; bounce reasons, delivery by ISP, activity by email client, open rate by domain - account level or campaign leve....etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your main concern is deliverability....you're in good hands with blueshift.

Email Deliverability

Agency

"New to Blueshift but looks like a powerful tool"

What do you like best?

It is a powerful tool with very clean and simple UI. Very easy to understand and use. The drag and drop template layout builder is very useful but there are some minor bugs that needs to be fixed.

What do you dislike?

The template layout builder is a great tool but needs some fix and update. There's no way you can changes different padding and sizes for mobile version. It lets you test on mobile and desktop but doesn't let you change for just mobile or just desktop. If I am to add large padding the mobile version would look bad. And there are other bugs that I notice when testing the email on different version of Outlook when the email is designed from email template builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a very simple yet powerful tool.

Marketing email campaigns.

"Segment combined with Blueshift is great for automation"

What do you like best?

Blueshift's Segment integration and product catalogs make it easy to tie customer website behavior to automated email marketing.

Segment integration - customer attributes sent to Segment appear magically in Blueshift

Product catalogs and learning - Blueshift tracks customer behavior and makes recommendations based on product catalog

What do you dislike?

Some of the catalog features could be easier to update and use, but at the end of the day they work.

Segment integration - it would be better if there was a way to map event attributes in Segment to the named attributes in Blueshift (mapping requires a request to Blueshift right now)

Automating personalized marketing is the main feature of Blueshift for us. We can serve tailored, relevant messages to customers based on site behavior, including taking them back to the best page for them.

Josh F.

"Best Customer Data Platform Available"

What do you like best?

Blueshift's technology is rock solid. Everything is fast, flexible and scales with ease. The platform allows for great flexibility and make complex marketing initiatives simple. I personally researched over 30 different customer data platforms and Blueshift was head an shoulders above the rest. They are a smart, tech focused team that have built a world class product.

What do you dislike?

I wish the platform supported more analytic capabilities and activation across other marketing exchanges. I know they are always improving the platform and release new features regularly so I'm confident they will include these in the upcoming roadmap.

Blueshift allowed us to have a true wholistic view of our customers without having to change our data structures or process. In addition, the CRM capabilities are top notch and allowed us to personalize at a granular level at lighting speed.

Priyank D.

"My Blueshift Journey"

What do you like best?

I guess the support teams are very easy to work with and always have a swift response / resolution to the issues reported to them.

What do you dislike?

Data representation on reports and dashboards could be improved while and post the analysis phase.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommended for reporting purposes and the fact that this can be automate too !

Data Analysis.

Trying to figure out which campaign has been more beneficial to customers as compared to others. Also, it lets us report and analyse on different email attributes such as open rate, unique clicks, emails sent, bounce rate etc

Francisco R.

"Overall, a great marketing platform"

What do you like best?

You can easily upload customer email lists. I like that there are a lot of pre-existing templates you can choose from if you don't want to build one from scratch. Most of the documentation is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Documentation on how to actually implement tags would be nice.

Blueshift will replace a slow and outdated email messaging platform. Blueshift will be a reliable system as it uses a NoSQL database that is horizontally distributed in shards. Resource availability should never be an issue.

"A Powerful Tool for Intelligent Marketing"

What do you like best?

Of all the platforms we evaluated, Blueshift's technology and out-of-box algorithms really stood apart from the rest. The team was accommodating and accessible through the onboarding process, which was extremely important for a small team like ours. They've also created custom solutions for our team based on our priorities and they've done so in a timely manner.

The platform really bridges the gap between being incredibly powerful and being intuitive and user friendly, which has made it easy to get multiple members of our team up and running with Blueshift in a short matter of time. Having this technology at our disposal has allowed us to provide a personalized experience to our users and move the needle on important metrics, without having to dedicate tons of engineering resources.

What do you dislike?

We've experienced a few glitches with deliverability and reporting, but the team is always very quick to respond and troubleshoot.

We are trying to retain our customers by providing a more personalized user experience. With Blueshift's out of the box and custom algorithms, we have the ability to test at a much faster pace. It give our marketing team the tools they need to experiment and drive results.

Rebecca S.

"Very flexible platform & excellent customer service"

Kevin J.

"My Experience with Blueshift"

What do you like best?

Their hands-on approach! Blueshift is very customer focused. They want to ensure that we're getting the most out of the product and that they're doing everything they can. I've worked with providers in the past who promised dedicated teams and failed to deliver.

What do you dislike?

We've only had a few minor issues in the past with Blueshift but they've addressed them all. They made a lot of upgrades at the start of the year and it's really shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As an email marketer with 6+ years of experience, I've never worked with a better provider. They are always innovating the product, making sure we're educated on new features, and have really helped us deliver one-to-one messaging. We've seen our engagement drastically improve. They're also very hands-on and we have weekly calls with them.

We were looking to ramp up our personalization and Blueshift really delivered on their promise. They were able to help us create custom algorithms that addressed the needs of our users regardless of what stage in their career they were in. We've seen engagement double within a year.

Kyle K.

"Easiest renewal decision ever"

What do you like best?

1. If you use Segment there isn't any other ESP or recommendation engine that is this easy

2. If you are in travel and you need messages to be sent based on check-in or check-out dates they are the only ones who make this easy.

3. Their team and customer service is ridiculously good, if it weren't for them we would have to hire another staff member.

What do you dislike?

They use email for the their two factor auth and I would prefer to be able to use 1Password or text.

We send and manage all email and SMS campaigns with Blueshift. It's very easy to setup and manage and ties into our system with minimal effort. The recommendation engine makes the messages we send perform better than regular emails.

Cecilia L.

"An out-of-the box solution with high flexibility and customization!"

What do you like best?

This system is exactly what we have been looking for in order to scale up and automate our marketing activities towards existing customer base. The segmentation engine is great and easy-to-use for a marketer. We also like the product recommendation engine! No other potential provider could offer a solution like this!

What do you dislike?

Different time zones means early/late meetings, but still it works well since the customer service is great and Blueshift offer multiple customer service channels to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

These guys know what they are doing! The best marketing automation system we could find during our benchmark.

We want to activate our existing customer base to a greater extent! Examples of some KPIs we want to improve is #Buyers, #Bought items/customer, CLTV, Churn rate.. We have just launched our first campaign and it's too early to see some results, but I'm confident the results will appear within short! :)

"Creating templates and handling campaign with Blueshift is user friendly."

What do you like best?

Workflow setup procedure, reporting and applying condition in workflow are the things I like the most in Blueshift. Also while uploading the templates they provide a side by side view of source code and UI of the template, I like this idea of them.

What do you dislike?

I would say they need to work upon UI, if they will improve UI of Blueshift then it might be possible that it will become favorite of more users, other than that as per my experience I have found it wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Blueshift is very helpful in making templates and workflow for campaign, the UI and source view that they provide side by side is really nice. Do use it if you have requirements of email setup. One should definitely use blueshift if they looking for a tool which can manage its emails and if they want complete reporting about the templates, that how the templates are working. For analyzing among the campaigns that which campaign it doing great they give excellent report containing clicks the campaign have got and other information .

We are using BlueShit for triggering Transactional and Marketing emails. Setting its campaign and getting report regarding campaign. Benefits that we have realized is that we don not need to keep the template on our system , or do not have to set the campaign via code that are some times quite tiring and error possibilities are there. So using Blueshift for emails is a good option for us.

Bharat G.

"Very intuitive interface and powerful capabilities"

What do you like best?

The ease of using complex events and data points from our mobile and desktop website behaviour. The power of the tool comes in when we are able to re-target, create very specific campaigns for different segments and further create custom Product Recommendations. The most useful part of partnering with Blueshift is that our marketing team doesn't have to rely on the tech team to make complex changes.

What do you dislike?

We, at times need to see reports of combination of multiple campaigns. This is difficult to visualise within the tool but can be done by downloading data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For retail marketers this is a very good tool. This makes life much simpler for creating automated campaigns.

Personalisation, Email and App retargeting, On web personalisation.

"Amazingly powerful"

What do you like best?

How powerful and capable the software is.

What do you dislike?

The UI has a steep learning curve and surely needs to be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mastering the Creatives part is crucial for a good looking campaign. As a designer that's the biggest bottleneck for me. Making alters to the look on a live campaign is a bumpy road that requires more steps than should be necessary. However the tool is extremely powerful and judging from the communications we've had with the Blueshift team I'm in no doubt the User Interface will be in constant development and will become as great as the technology-part.

We are automating as much of our e-commerce marketing emails as possible.

"The best product for data-driven cross channel marketers"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the product is to use with its very robust feature set. This is one of the few products on the market that was purpose-built to be cross channel from the start. All of their competitors started out as email only or mobile only and have added channels along the way. I also love the modern aspects of the platform that other vendors are struggling to add. Things like in product Predictive Models for marketers, robust easy to use segmentation builder, and the 1:1 recommendation studio.

Customer Success and Support is great. Unlike its competitors, Blueshift has a very stable platform that experiences almost no downtime. Both teams have very experienced people that are knowledgeable about Blueshift, but also other important integrated products like Segment, Twilio, and mParticle.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Predictive Model Studio was more self-service. However, I believe this is on the near term roadmap.

Blueshift is best for companies that want to leverage large amounts of first-party data for sophisticated business models and data. It works well for both large and small teams, but users will be happiest if they are trying to move beyond simple abandonment and engagement use cases.

Russell M.

"Excellent email marketing and retargeting software"

What do you like best?

Blueshift has proved an excellent fit our email retargeting needs. Its events can be easily integrated into web and native mobile products, and used to build a full understanding of the user and browse behavior. Once we have this, we can create tailored campaigns with a high degree of granularity (targeting users by behavior, and setting a wide variety of campaign parameters and logic).

Their email template editing shows an instantaneous preview, which makes email creation a quick and painless task. Their recommendations algorithm makes use of the behavior of the user and other users to build well tailored product recommendations.

Their support is quick, responsive, and helpful. If a product fix needs to be made this usually comes quickly.

We would recommend Blueshift without hesitation.

What do you dislike?

Occasional bugs in email template editing (output doesn't match editor), and no editor for recommendations, which can make the criteria a bit opaque. However their staff are responsive in making recommendation algorithms to suit individual requirements.

Retargeting users with suggestions and tailored content based on their in-product behavior. We have seen a good uptick in re-engaged users and transactions made.

"Easy to use and design features are great! "

What do you like best?

So, I like the fact that you can do a lot in the design function, pretty much create whatever you like. It's clean and easy to use. Also, another thing which is great is the trigger function, being able to send a second email based on non-openers and time that email is such a great function.

What do you dislike?

Two things I dislike about Blueshift. The first one is not so bad when you get used to it, but the whole layout, the template is quite confusing. Shouldn't there just be a template? The second one is the automation...It's literally very confusing and really doesn't save time. The whole going into each field and choosing a recommendation - User to insert one image don't save time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Great for integrating your CRM

- Awesome design features

- Automation available

- Slick reporting

Website traffic from emails has definitely improved! The reporting is great and overall it works really well integrating with our CRM.

"Only good for Basic email campaigns"

What do you like best?

I like that it helps Marketing team become more independent in controlling the email campaign they are managing. I like the repository of assets that we used, its pretty easy to access. The customer support is helpful, however they just send you links on where to find the solution. I like that its super secure, like literally takes you a while to get in cause of all security questions.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to change the code to make it responsive. I hate the photo resize its not useful at all it kills the pixelation. The preview on desktop, tablet, and mobile is not reliable. You still need to test send or use other tools to see what it actually looks like. Don't even think about free coding your email template cause blueshift will kill all your inline css and !important attributes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest you use Mailchimp or Litmus!

Creating templates for marketing campaigns, I realized that if I built an ok template Marketing team can implement the changes easily.

Linda W.

"Still getting started, but very promising tool"

What do you like best?

This is a very powerful tool. We're looking at a lot more options for marketing campaigns and promotions that we couldn't implement so far because of lacking data. The Blueshift team is really helpful and making a big effort to get us up to speed quickly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are still being developed and improved. But that's probably also a good thing: as it seems the team is very open to requirements and suggestions from their customers, and is trying to implement what is really needed from a customer perspective.

Our objective is to get more insights about our prospects and clients, and use Blueshift for much more personalized communication. We're still in the setup phase, but looking forward to seeing the results of our first campaigns.

AI