There are several features that we like:
1) The ability to create new alarm, monitor Biztalk artifacts, web services and trigger alerts in case of any discrepancies.
2) The granularity of how security can be applied. For example, one support team should not be able to terminate messages for their application, but another one may have the requirement to do so.
3) Auto-correct functionality in Biztalk360
4) The ability to customize your own dashboard so you can immediately see the health of the applications and the data that you are most interested in.
5) Analytics set for message pattern used by support team to identify the flow and monitor Biztalk sever performance.
6) Analytics set for message pattern which is used is used by support team to identify the flow and Biztalk sever performance which is monitored by support team.
7) Ability to store and execute secure SQL queries.
8) Ability to use monitoring dashboard to view the status of the mapped artifacts in a nice dashboard view.
9) Ability to view and enable monitoring of CPU usage, Memory usage, disk space, event logs and system resource of the Biztalk node.
10) Ability to view infrastructure setting like topology, host instances, MessageBox, Biztalk servers, SQL servers, Tracking Manager.
11) Ability to view access health check tools to view backup and disaster recovery configuration.
12) Ability to view graphical flow of the message.
13) Ability to view and export message flow pattern using analytics.
14) Ability to customize user based permission on Biztalk environment
15) The monitoring capability of BT360 – for example, the ability for BT360 to restart host instances if for any reason any of them stop running. Another great example is the ability to set an alarm if a particular application has too many running messages. This can be a great alarm that something is amiss and may need to throttle the messages to prevent the server from hanging up.
16) Ability to view and query on tracked service instance and tracked message events directly from Biztalk360.
The analytics module gives much information, but the information is difficult to filter to the required level. Unable to view API documentation even though having a platinum license.
a) 80+ Application(50+ Biztalk application and 30+ web application) are monitored using Biztalk360.
b) Business High Severity alerts triggered when there is a failure in any Biztalk application or web service depending on all configuration
c) System High severity alerts are triggered when Biztalk artifacts(send, receive, orchestration) gets into disabling state. 95 Orchestration,50 Receive port and 133 send ports have been configured with the rule.
d) System High severity alerts triggered when Biztalk web services shut down.
e) System High severity alerts triggered when Biztalk DB server is unavailable.
f) Autocorrect used for RL, SendPort, Host instances
g) System High Severity alerts set for all host instances.
h) Analytics has been set for message pattern which is used by the support team to identify the flow and "Biztalk server performance".
i) Perform data collection has been enabled
j) Secure SQL Queries have been set to query BAM Primary import related tables.
k) Windows log and application log are monitored from Advanced event viewer.
l) Biztalk health Monitor has been configured.
m) Mappings have been enabled for Applications, BizTalk environments, BizTalk servers.