Bitly Reviews & Product Details

Bitly Overview

What is Bitly?

Bitly is the world's leading link management platform, offering tools, data and analytics that allow businesses to own their customer experiences. Bitly turns links --already simple and ubiquitous-- into powerful and versatile assets. Bitlinks strengthen brand integrity, cut across channels, devices and walled gardens, and collect actionable insights along the way. Bitly's Enterprise version powers linking experiences for the world's largest brands. With features like branded short links, mobile deep linking, expanded analytics and user management, Bitly Enterprise is a one-stop tool that creates, organizes, optimizes, and displays insights from all the links dispersed across an entire business, internally and externally.

Bitly Details
Discussions
Bitly Community

Bitly’s complete Link Management Platform empowers businesses of every size to embed short, branded call-to-action links in their communications using tools, analytics, and insights to maximize the impact of every digital initiative.

Bitly is the unrivaled global leader in link management, employing an ultra-modern infrastructure capably generating over 2.3 billion links per year that drive 20 billion clicks every month—no alternative link shortening provider comes close. Bitly’s experience and longevity are unmatched with a 12-year track record of 99.9% uptime serving some of the biggest brands in the world, including two-thirds of the Fortune 500. With fully customizable branded links, complete campaign management, an open, flexible API—enabling over 7,000 integrations and counting—and tracking on over 20 metrics with every click, Bitly truly sets standard for link management.

Bitly, Inc.
2008
New York, NY
@Bitly

Bitly Videos

Bitly Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Bitly community
Have you used Bitly before?

Bitly Reviews

Showing 76 Bitly reviews
Ratings (1)
Already have Bitly?
Executive Director
What do you like best?

This is a platform that allows you to shorten, personalize and track links in digital media channels to optimize the customer experience and generate higher sales by reducing any type of content problems. It is an excellent tool, easy to use for marketing experts that will allow them to save time as well as customers, its interface is good and you will be able to navigate without problems, it even has good integrations that will allow a greater workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our experience has been satisfactory, in addition the results obtained with Bitly are good, but some things must improve for a better performance of the user within the platform, such as that after customizing the URL it is not possible to change the links or that Some social platforms do not accept bitly links, I do not know why this would happen, but this could change the productivity would be greater. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is suitable for any company, especially the small ones that are starting or have little time, it allows them to build their online presence to look as professional as possible, you can collect information to see where their main traffic comes from, also sometimes it is ideal to track a link or link campaigns. You will be able to shorten and personalize links so that your clients have a better performance and rewarding experience within your web portal. Totally recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Bitly as a web tool that helps shorten long and unattractive URLs, we also take advantage of the ability to customize URLs so that it is easier to remember for each client, we can also track click-through rates and collect information and analysis. Our marketing department measures engagement on social media and our website. We better understand the behavior of users and thus be able to produce the appropriate content to share on our platforms such as facebook or instagram. The tools it has and the functions allow our team to have a constant flow of work and time savings that we can channel into other areas, in addition, the profits have increased satisfactorily. We reached set goals and we are happy with the performance and productivity we obtained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Responsable communication
What do you like best?

Very easy to set up and use, no need to master Analytics to start multicanal campaigns. Emboarding is very easy, and new user start using it very fast.

Capacity to track visitor coming from printed contents as well.

Capacity to track content shared from your own website event if it's not you that share it.

Last but not leas, capacity to redirect a personalized short URL. If you associate an long URL to a short URL (that you personalized), but that long URL is no longer relevant, you can change the target of the short URL. This is Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Design is very simple. Some data might be missing (I might have not found them).

Switching between environment is sometime not easy.

Bulk creation could be slighly improved.

Localization in other languages could make using it easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's very easy to use. Very good to track very precisely what / who / where visitors channels are.

Good to use in print and digital.

Very easy to start with. Best if you use your own domain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had difficulties to track visits and clicks on links. Some colleague were not at ease with Google Analytics, and we need to see what channel was most efficient.

We also needed to shorten URL in a nice way : custom domains !

We are printing a lot of content, redirecting people to webpages. We needed to track where visitors were coming from, and it was one of the easiest solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing
What do you like best?

This is the fastest way to shorten a URL. You can’t get much data on it, but if you’re looking to post something quickly or get a short url without creating an account to manage them, this is the best platform for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of options and insights. Even though you need to take the extra step to login, I prefer SmartUrl for this reason. I can see click rates, create pivot tables, etc. it’s more than just a link maker. It’s an insight tracker. Any company that’s holding information on your url should be able to easily provide insights for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Especially for Twitter, it’s good to have a quick way to shorten or customize a url Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Communications Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like being able to track and report out on our campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is not having the ability to easily update the same URL. We recently upgraded so we could do it easier than before, but we are still limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up your own domain! Totally worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Bitly to track out print campaigns. We have a new domain set up and add in our UTMs and then shorten the link with Bitly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Solves the character count for most SMS messaging and that shortened URLs can be used for multiple communications and tracked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The navigation and set-up for services integration can be a bit cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have your strategy, especially brand strategy, defined prior to beginning workwith Bit.ly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bit.ly offers the solution we want to put in place, however it has been complicated by multiple contracts where brand strategies do not align. We need a comprehensive solution at an enterprise level to be able to successfully implement brand integrity across our mobile communications. Once that can be achieved, set-up to integrate with our SFMC instance we will be able to accept long URLs passed in an API with a call out to bit.ly to shrink the URL and replace it in the outbound communication ... ideally searching for URLs that have already been defined and using the same ones so not to arbitrarily increase our shortened URL library. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager - CRM & Product Marketing
What do you like best?

It is super easy to shorten links using their UI and also offers insightful easy to comprehend analyitics of how well your links are doing in terms of engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky navigating their API if you want to do really complex/automated URL shortening Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely worth trying out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we will often need to SMS URL's to customers and using bitly enables us to keep the SMS's looking very concise and de-cluttered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

The C# .Net integration for shortening urls is seamless and tracking them works really well. The portal does a good job of showing all links generated, and which ones are clicked. So far we haven't had any failures when generating urls or when users click through them. It's been very helpful to be able to generate shortened urls and track their usage with only a few lines of code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UX in the portal can be a little cumbersome if you're managing several environments (such as dev or test). The portal is definitely geared much more towards marketing and static urls as opposed to API generated unique shortened urls. We would like to be able to aggregate multiple unique links by a type for better reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a need to generate many shortened urls, bitly is a great product for it. Works really well with most major platforms and is reliable, quick and stable. The tracking works really well as well to see which urls are clicked through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to increase our volume of SMS messages sent to our employees and contractors by embedding links to our applications in the messages using bitly to shorten the urls, and track which ones were being opened. We are now able to view urls given to our customers and contractors and track click rates, which helps us determine which SMS campaigns are working well, and which aren't being followed through on (even though an SMS may be delivered, we don't know if they actually did anything with it) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fuel Operations Officer (G4/36 ID)
What do you like best?

Bitly is very easy to use and intuitive for beginners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat lacking in features, and the paid versions are also limited compared to alternatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a free alternative for branding purposes, and don't specifically need analytics, I'd highly recommend Rebrandly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bitly works well and is consistently reliable as an entry level link shortener. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Marketing / Corporate Communication Manager
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

Bitly is a free method of shrinking long links. You can, to some degree, customize the links, and it track links by total clicks as well as by dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With the free version, the ability to view links is very limited. To view your best performing links, you only have the option of viewing for the previous 30 days, so you kind of lose a lot of your historical data, which makes the usefulness limited. Given this limited performance, I tried to contact Bitly no less than 3 times to upgrade our service so we would have better usability...but no one ever contacted me. Three times I asked to be able to give them more money, and no one ever bothered to get in touch with us. So I gave up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would evaluate other options especially if you will have robust needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shortened links are definitely useful in almost every context. Bitly is free, so no expense to us at all. And we can view all of our past links if we scroll through our list. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ops Intern
What do you like best?

I love how bilty saves me time on not sourcing an image for the article. I just pit in the link and the picture appears on my post. Also, how I have more characters to write my copy. It has been my go-to software ever since I discovered it. For a free account it allows me actually more URL shortenings than I ever thought I would get. My dashboard is attractive and needs very little effort to navigate though it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing thus far for me. Bilty does exactly what I want for the type of account that I have with them. Maybe what to look out for is to work on the mobile application. I tried it on my phone and found that it doesn't work as well as the online version Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please use it! This is the perfect tool for someone who does not have a big company and wants to drive traffic to their website Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have more characters to use for my social media content. For a free account Bitly's service goes above and beyond. I do not need to shorten my copy as much I had to before all thanks to Bitly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Executive Director
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use when shortening URLs - just copy URL and paste in Bitly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was not sure how to shorten URL to my customizations but other than that everything is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool to use when needing to shorten URLs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The only problem I had was figuring out how to name the URL to a custom URL of my choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

bit.ly is great for basic tracking of link clicks, nothing complicated, just simple. Wish you could easily customize the links. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I tried to upgrade my account to make branded bit.ly links but I got zero customer support and was not able to figure out how to implement it myself, even with my web developer helping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're using it for the basics great! But always use a Google UTM to properly track clicks through the site visit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Good to track clicks of Influencers swipe up or ads to confirm vendors are sending correct data, or when you can have fully visibility into clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Strategy Director
What do you like best?

The user experience of the platform, and its easy to read and high-level analytics picture. I also enjoy reading the case studies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wished there was an option to create UTMs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bitly is the perfect solution for those that require an easy to learn and fast tool. On the other hand, I've tried publishing integrated link shortening features, such as Social Studio's, and it's nothing close compared to Bitly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking organic clicks to website and influencer marketing effectiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It makes long and complicated links easier, shorter, and more user-friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay more for many useful features. If you buy several additional features, it can become quite costly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It gives a quick overview over your page views. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a very easy way to create user-friendly links. I use them most often on social media. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CRM Expert
What do you like best?

Short links tool Bitly allows to make shorten long links with proper UTM tags, that enable conversion rate for your SMS marketing campaigns. Custom domain option also available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be better to have more feature in a free account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Conversion rate for your SMS marketing campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ER
What do you like best?

- Handles redirects in a performant manner

- Good stats for tracking inbound clicks

- Has export tools which can be used to migrate if needed in the future Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Single, shared login for SMB plans

- Better marketing of API documentation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Does what it says on the tin. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unified tracking of inbound clicks from email, social (like Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin). A UI for end users to modify redirects for previously published URLs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

The custom domain shortening features are extremely simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've had some trouble getting in touch with the right person at Bitly and had a few hiccups in our billing and renewal processes. That seems to have been smoothed out recently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The API integrations make it simple to integrate with our Slack chatbot so any employee can create on demand short links that can be tracked for user engagement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Buyer
What do you like best?

It's incredibly easy to integrate with zapier which is the main way we're sending our links now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reports could import into other systems of ours that we're in more often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you select the best Domain name for your link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to create a call-to-action link that helps me minimize the wording of my text, and less confusing for our prospects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Ease of use, user-friendly, sizable, secure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The rate card is not clear and the limits on redirect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it dose help a lot on digital marketing campaigns Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

O2O communication and links, fast and secure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
Internet
What do you like best?

He utilizado varios acortadores de URL en estos años y Bitly es uno de los mejores junto con el acortador de Google, ya que permite acortar infinitos dominios y no limita el exceso. Lo mejor que tiene este acortador es su tasa de ganancia por cada clic, ya que es el más grande que he visto y no solo eso, sino que también descarta el tráfico como otros acortadores si lo hacen.

Su panel de control es muy completo y especialmente útil porque puede ver las estadísticas de sus enlaces para comparar y así determinar su estrategia de negocios de una manera simple y rápida. Además, su tablero de instrumentos en general es muy simple y visualmente atractivo, lo que lo hace muy fácil de navegar a través de él. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Lo único que no me gusta del servicio es la cantidad de publicidad que hay en el acortamiento, es bastante intrusivo, aunque a través de este se puede entender por qué las tasas de pago son mayores que otros acortadores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es una herramienta muy útil para obtener beneficios de sus redes sociales, además de ayudarlo a reducir el tamaño del contenido de sus tweets o publicaciones de Facebook, por lo que es muy útil en las redes sociales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Estoy usando este acortador para camuflar las URL, también las URL se pueden organizar a través de etiquetas o categorías de una manera fácil de ser reconocible, también con el acortador Puedo acortar enlaces a redes sociales como Twitter para que no ocupen tanto espacio cuando escritura . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer
Design
What do you like best?

I have used several URL shorteners in these years and Bitly is one of the best along with the shortener of google since it allows infinite domains to shorten and does not limit in excess. The best thing that this shortener has is its rate of profit for each click since it is the biggest that I have seen and not only that, but it also rules out traffic like other shorteners if they do.

Your dashboard is very complete and especially useful because you can see the statistics of your links to compare and thus determine your business strategy in a simple and fast. In addition your Dashboard in general is very simple and visually attractive which makes it very easy to navigate through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I do not like about the service is the amount of publicity that there is in the shortening, it is quite intrusive although through this one can understand why the payment rates are greater than other shorteners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very useful tool to get benefits from your social networks in addition to helping you reduce the size of the content of your tweets or facebook post, so it is very useful in social networks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using this shortener to camouflage URLs, also the URLs can be organized through tags or categories in an easy way to be recognizable, also with the shortener I can shorten links to social networks like twitter so that they do not occupy so much space when writing . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

After Google turned down goo.gl, there is not many free option in the market. Bitly is an ok one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In Bitly, I can not create more than one URL shortener for the same URL. But in fact, we really need this feature to analyse different campaigns separatly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not sure if there is a better option in the market, but that's what I find so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Bitly mainly for URL referral analysis when we place the URL in website that's out of our control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Works great and easy to use. Very little learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No option to add multiple domains unless you pay for enterprise level plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare plans with rebrandly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Link shortener. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Shortened URLs and simplified analytics, ease-of-use, plenty of integration options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited integrations, lack of personalization options for shortened URLs, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Shortening web links for more dynamic tracking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.