BigTime

BigTime

Everything you ever wanted in a time management app. Industry-savvy time tracking. One-click invoicing. Customizable reports. Seamless QuickBooks integration.

Work for BigTime?

Learning about BigTime?

BigTime Reviews

Ask BigTime a Question
Karen C.

"Excellent Application!"

What do you like best?

One of the more flexible applications for time tracking and billing. Very robust with many features others do not have. The ability to customize projects, phases, tasks, and invoice formats is the best I've seen. The employees took to the time tracking feature very quickly and had no trouble switching from another application.

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet found anything that I would say is a drawback. We've been using BT for only a couple of months now and still learning how to fine tune the set up and usage, so there are a few moments of frustration. But the support team is extremely responsive and very helpful. They've quickly and easily resolved any issues that have arisen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A rather robust application that handles more than just time tracking and invoice preparation. Have patience when implementing - it is quite quick and relatively easy to transition. Don't hesitate to use the support team! They are very responsive and knowledgeable!

Our former billing process was clunky and involved several applications to complete, which was time consuming and fraught with error. Big Time greatly improves the process, as the time tracking, expense tracking, and invoicing is consolidated, saving us lots of time each month. The QuickBooks integration is a huge bonus-easy and I like that we can cherry-pick what gets synced.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about BigTime
Showing 544 BigTime reviews
Beatriz P.

"BigTime is ideal for billing and invoicing"

What do you like best?

The PSA provided by bigtime is fast enough to deliver the deadlines of our projects within the estimated time. Bigtime has a good portal for billing, where you can implement billing for contingencies, schedules and subscriptions. Manage lists of contact data. It offers a large number of templates for invoicing, and allows you to apply it online. It also has a convenient system of workflow approvals, and allows tracking to work time.

What do you dislike?

BigTime does not manage dunning, nor can it process payments directly, even in a mobile way (so it does not handle different types of change, as we thought at first). The tax calculator is sometimes slow. As for accounting practice, BigTime does not bring a portal for clients and does not handle documents. The management of projects is somewhat limited, since the platform does not handle kanban boards, nor agile or traditional methodologies, and does not offer customizable templates for this. Basically it's just a very big record.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BigTime is highly recommended as a system for creating invoices (invoicing). Its built-in CRM helps to manage relationships with customers is a more enjoyable process. With bigtime you can keep a correct control of the work portfolio, expenses, time, proposals, and notes. It is mainly recommended to independent businesses.

With BigTime it is easy to get a detailed tracking of the completion costs of each project we are working on. It has served to improve the management of Budget, Gantt charts, and tasks, as well as the prioritization of these.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about BigTime
Matt M.

"We looked everywhere... nothing beats BigTime!"

What do you like best?

We're a professional service firm where tracking employee time against various different tasks is crucial to billing. BigTime software has met all our needs and exceeded all expectations. The software's ability to adapt and be customized to our specific needs is perfect. Technical support has always been there when we needed it and product updates are great!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, we're extremely pleased with the software and how frequent updates occur providing new and beneficial features. It would be nice to see more of the desktop administrative features offered in the mobile phone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give BigTime a try and reach out to the support staff with questions - they'll help!

BigTime software allows us to completely customize our time tracking and billing procedures to make monthly invoicing a breeze. Having the ability to breakdown tasks as needed for each project is great. The software's ability to complete customize invoices for each type of client is a huge benefit. Also, tracking of project expenses couldn't be any easier.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

Amanda M.

"BigTime Software On-boarding Review"

What do you like best?

We have been through the onboard 1 with Brannon Hollingsworth so far and he has been great at answering all of our questions, showing us all of the features of BigTime, and is incredibly responsive when we have questions. We were unable to get through everything in the first hour session so he scheduled a second 30 minutes session free of charge, which ended up being another hour since we had a lot of questions.

What do you dislike?

We haven't really started using it as we are still setting up, but the process has been fairly seamless so far. I think it would be helpful if they included invoicing in the onboard one session though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It seems like it will be worth it once the set-up is complete!

BigTime should save us days of time with our invoicing. We are an Association Management Company and have over 15 clients and about 15 employees. Currently everyone keeps their time on Excel spreadsheets and expenses are done by completing a Google Doc and printing receipts and putting in a binder. It takes us about 5 days to get invoices and expenses together for our clients.

Gina L.

"Powerful time tracking tool with a lot of features and custom capabilities."

What do you like best?

Big Time allows us the ability to create a variety of custom reports. By doing this, we'll be able to track our design time and resources in a range of ways. We can view the number of hours that designers spend on their projects. We can also track the types of activities that account managers and project managers request of us.

What do you dislike?

The price of Big Time is a little more of an expense than we wanted to take on. The overall program does a little more than we need it to. Big Time Express doesn't quite meet our needs and Big Time Pro is a little over and above our needs. It would be nice if there was a package or some sort of a la cart offering that would allow us to meet our needs (which could also possibly bring down the price).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Provide as much info as possible as to what you're hoping the program will do. I was able to send in copies of what we wanted and Ty Sank was able to put together a custom solution that came very close to what we needed.

The program is going to allow us to track our design time in a variety of ways. We'll be able to look at how much time designers spend on projects. We can also evaluate the types of activities that account managers and project managers are requesting of us. We're also looking forward to using the budgeting tool in order to estimate our hours when projects are submitted.

Kelly G.

"Customizing Reports / Invoicing"

What do you like best?

We were shown how to do some customization in reporting for staff realization, and new features with invoicing. Creating invoices that has a second page to print out the WIP details behind that invoice. Sync feature to Quick Books. The support email feature has a quick repose and I'm glad to see now they have added a new chat feature. Also the feature that you can turn on to force staff users to add a note to all time entries so that pulling WIP is fast and easy for invoicing. Also the different user rights groups that can me made for staff.The ability to upload receipts for when adding expenses for clients is a great feature. The whole site is very easy to maneuver back and forth from screen to screen and you can also open a separate screen on a separate internet tab for multiple views.

What do you dislike?

Would like to print out statements, however I was shown where I can configure my invoice to at least show a prior balance. So this was a great fix. Customizing reports could be a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the switch! We started with BigTime then left and then came back less than a year later...other software sounded good but BigTime has an usability you can't get anywhere else.

Ability to pick up unbilled time & expenses. Possibly the ability to show a credit on an invoice that a client may have on their account.

Maria K.

"Great Onboarding process"

What do you like best?

Brannon Hollingsworth is our consultant and not only did the integration to use this product go fast, but the onboarding was perfect. the first one was learning the system and the second was my agenda. I found this so helpful to be able to ask all the questions that i need specifically for our company. Now when I look at the webinars I can know exactly what I should do and what I need to focus on.

What do you dislike?

Don't have any complaints, until you learn some shortcuts it might take longer to do something in the beginning. it just takes time to adjust to new products.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

User friendly and the webinars are easy to understand.

Currently it is easy to track all of our employees hours on the spot for consulting projects. its also easy to pull invoices and have them sync with QuickBooks with each staff members wording already included, and have there rates automatically within as well. No more accounting and human error on line by line placement

Shana S.

"Big Time is Right on Time"

What do you like best?

The customer service chat is very helpful and fast.

The knowledge base is quick and easy to use.

There are new innovations being added to Big Time regularly.

I like that I can send an idea to their team and they work to implement the changes in their system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike when BigTime has an issue I cannot locate a solution to in knowledgebase. There are sooooo many help articles.

I did not like having to email customer support for assistance in the beginning. Now, I noticed there are more consultants available on the chat support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to ask questions about the integration features and how to get the best experience.

We are able to quickly track time for consultants. We realize that its very easy to locate invoices sent to clients based on projects. We also like the idea of locking entries once they are submitted. We would like to be able to lock submissions for expense deadlines.

Gertie Jerry B.

"Keep a clear picture of where your entire organization is"

What do you like best?

Big Time caught my attention and it's because I can track and invoice the expenses to be aware of the final balance of the company, as well as allow me to create our clients precise, fluid budgets and in real time, incredibly accelerating my workflow, they like their expense reports and how you can store everything in one place, the time tracking feature is sensational, it develops with incredible speed, the control of the account has a nice design that motivates you to use it, which is important since we use it daily.

What do you dislike?

I believe that there are not many tools or functions that verify the work that an employee developed, like I do not like that there is not a button that allows me to edit my invoices even when their status of collection process is closed or generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a fairly complete and secure platform, where you can manage everything related to billing, and the monitoring of time, you will know the real position of your organization so do not hesitate to acquire it.

This tool has been very useful and collaborative, because when I have to invoice for hours, the system does it without any complication, since it has also incredibly improved our collection system, which by the function of time tracking, collections and payments They are executed punctually. thus placing the morale of both the administrative team and the company in general by the high, another help that I have noticed in recent days is the management of projects, such as checking the pending tasks that have been assigned to staff and know what is the expiration of them, since it has also collaborated with the allocation of resources in the middle of the projects, giving me the power to assign a lot of work to the employees, knowing what project they come from and knowing if it is not under their profile.

Adam M. D.

"Gets the job done, but still needs better budgeting and invoice generation. "

What do you like best?

BigTime compiles time and expense by engagement and provides nearly endless options for internal reporting. Training by Brannon Hollingsworth is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Budget to actual tracking and Invoice generation. To track time and expense against the established budget you are required to generate an invoice by 'budget item/task'. If you generate an invoice subtotaled by anything else (person, description, date, etc.) it will not track against the budget.

When generating an invoice, the heading and description of services being invoiced is separated nicely on separate lines on your computer screen; however, when you export to PDF or use the 'email invoice' function, BigTime merges the heading and description all into one line separated by a period (.). This requires us to export each invoice to word, manually re-separate the heading from the description on different lines, then save as a pdf. Each month this creates an additional 3-4 hours of work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to have to export your invoice to word, manually update the formatting to look professional, then save as a pdf and print/mail or email.

We moved from paper timesheets to BigTime so it helps the company with compilation of time, faster invoice generation, and better internal reporting.

Sharon James W.

"Ideal to track the time and bill until the last minute."

What do you like best?

I like BigTime for time tracking, expense reports and billing because all the information is recorded in one place, it allowed me to track the hours worked by each employee so they were in different projects, it is very sophisticated and easy to use the employees took the role of tracking time very quickly and had no problems to master the application, I really liked the support has always been attentive to us, since our inception, we have been able to provide unconditional support.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the creation of detailed reports about the retirement of an employee, or a report explaining why the employee withdrew from the project or even the company, because it has characteristics that I consider somewhat clumsy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent product, it is made to help all those companies that are starting, and it is ideal to follow them at the same time, being able to calculate their costs and expenses with regard to the primary resource that is the workforce (employees) , I recommend it with all the confidence that they have given us.

Well it has helped us to track down the time of the employees, to know if they are really working overtime or not doing it, I solve the problem we had with the rates when generating invoices, it allows us to calculate the hand of work before starting to execute the project, in the budgets allows us to calculate everything, and even the bonuses that will be awarded to the employee, lets us monitor and manage the projects at the time when we need it most.

Kimberly V.

"Onboarding sessions 1 & 2"

What do you like best?

I like that when we are learning how to navigate the Big Time program that the presenter is walking you through how do enter and create and you physically do it instead of them making you watch them speed through.

Brannon Hollingsworth has been great to work with, very clear and willing to go at your pace and answer any questions as you go.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing that I would say that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before you start any software make sure you know what you are looking to see as a result and ask all the questions prior to starting. Big Time was able to answer everything we needed and make recommendations in the first call with them. Do not limit what you think you need be open to seeing what you can achieve with this software. There are so many things that we can do now that we did not think about

So far by using Big Time we are able to enter time sheets and safely import the time to our Quickbooks, also we are able to create a lot of the reports that we have been wanting to see for a while. So far we are not using the invoicing portion but look forward to utilizing this in the future

Gus M.

"We can track our time and manage accounts payable more effectively"

What do you like best?

BigTime is very easy to use, for the most part, and allows us to efficiently combine our work hour data with billing data and invoicing. The account control has a nice design that makes it pleasant to use, which is important since we use it daily. To be accurate with our time reporting, we can activate timers that run while we work on a particular tasks and clients. The charts and graphs in BigTime are big, bold and make it easy for us to get an overview of items such as billable and unbillable time worked.

What do you dislike?

I think BigTime is easy to use after some basic training, but it can be hard to get things set up for your entire team, projects and clients. There aren't many tools in BigTime that allow us to verify actual work. I've seen other similar platforms that have ways to actually verify a worker's productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're working with many people across various tasks and clients, BigTime can truly help to improve your time tracking, accountability, reporting and billing. Instead of moving data from one platform to another, you can manage much of it in a single platform.

With BigTime, we can have better organization of our work time reporting and data management. It's excellent for billing and to generate reports on the efficiency of our work time. The work timers are great for tracking work time very precisely. We can also use BigTime to bill clients and generate invoices with data compiled with BigTime.

Donald A. B.

"Its functionality is very practical for billing and project management"

What do you like best?

I like its synchronization with the QuickBooks system because the billing is simpler, its adaptation with the company's platform was quick to manage, the reports it shows in relation to the expenses of the projects are spectacular, since they cover everything and reflect Tangible results that can be corrected on time, the ability to handle everything in conjunction with QuickBooks makes accounts receivable, keep up to date, and payments arrive within the stipulated time.

What do you dislike?

Once the invoices go from ERASER status to invoices generated, there is not an option or button that allows me to correct the amount of the invoice or run the collection dates, I believe that I should have included a button to modify invoices already generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The system is very broad, and has enough features, but nothing out of the ordinary, helps the company's growth, and its information is accessible in the market.

Because we accessed this platform, because for the company for which I work, it provides financial services, and the form of invoicing is by the hour, and since time would be our raw material, BigTime has helped us to charge in exact time, keeps us at day with the pending invoices, as well as helping to control the unnecessary expenses in the projects that are being executed, or that are about to be executed.

Anna S.

"Good, but a bit involved"

What do you like best?

BigTime is a very clear way to enter time across multiple clients and accounts. It allows small intervals of time, notes added, many categories and good transparency as far as what work the team is doing. It helps us track profitability well and keep teams on task.

What do you dislike?

The admin privileges make it a bit clunky -- for example, the site admin has to manually add each new client or project. That can be a tedious step especially when our admins work in a different office in a different time zone. The user view is also not very pretty or easy to use. I have about ten projects going for each of my four to six clients, so I end up having sixty different lines of time all in front of me. I wish there were ways to organize that information better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your people have clear directions on how you want them to use it. There isn't a lot of explanation in the user interface how to organize and make sure the information is consistent from employee to employee.

BigTime is essential for tracking how much people are working and preventing burnout. It also helps keep us on track of what accounts are using the most billable hours and where we need to scale back. The biggest benefit is that the company has high visibility into who's working a ton, which accounts are taking more of a load and information we need to bring support where its needed most.

Luc M.

"BigTime software brings big firm time keeping technology to small firms"

What do you like best?

We are a new boutique firm specialized in Forensic Accounting in the Montreal area. We have reviewed a number of timekeeping solutions for our firm and decided to go with BigTime Software. The capabilities of this cloud-based solution surpass anything we had imagined. In fact, it is more sophisticated and easy to use than anything I have seen so far in large Big Four Accounting firms. In addition, BigTime integrates well with Quick Books Online and allows us to issue WIP reports, invoices and manage engagement budgets. In short, we are very happy with our choice.

What do you dislike?

Not much! BigTime is quite easy to figure out and if you are stuck anywhere, you can chat immediately with a support staff and solve the problem right there and then. This is excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very compelling solution for small professional firms.

BigTime's main function is to manage our engagements, prepare engagement budgets, keep track of the chargeable hours of our professionals, issue WIP reports and invoices. Since it is a cloud-based solution, we can access BigTime from our computers, tablets, and smartphones at any time, anywhere. The main benefit for a small firm like ours is to gain immediate access to a sophisticated solution at a very affordable price and avoid having to spend a fortune on R&D to develop our own solution.

Natalia K.

"Easy & intuitive to use"

What do you like best?

The previous psa software we had was beyond laborious to use, whereas BigTime's UI is clean, well thought out, and much easier to navigate. Creating and sending invoices is a snap, creating reports is simple and my users are no longer calling incessantly because they cannot navigate the platform.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more notification options (specifically to remind users to enter time, and including the name of the submitter when receiving submitted timesheets for review) and some extension in the fields available for use in reporting (for example, ability to pull in timesheet fields into a report from invoicing).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The platform is so simple to use for both system admins and users.

Our previous software was clunky and their documentation so out dated that it made the many functions they had obsolete as nobody could understand how to use them. This meant that while we would have resources enter time, the admin could never figure out how to create/send invoices, so we created everything manually. Additionally, since invoices weren't sent via the software, we could not track payments within it. I've been able to stop using tedious spreadsheets to track invoices and payments, and the Salesforce integration means I never forget to enter new projects into my PSA because they are created automatically.

Kenneth V. C.

"very good tool to manage time"

What do you like best?

I like that it has many functions available for the administration and billing of time. The ability to customize projects tasks, and invoice formats are very good, another thing that I really liked is that the employees adapted to this software very quickly.

What do you dislike?

In our opinion there is nothing bad to say, in our case this tool adjusted very well to all our needs. efficiency has been improved for the distribution of daily work time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We are very happy with the use of this tool, it is really reliable and safe, I can say that it has a very good cost-benefit ratio.

This tool has brought great benefits, in addition to improving the administration, monitoring and invoicing of time, the function of instant reports allows us to be always updated of the progress of the projects that are in development.

Lisa D.

"Really good application and great customer support"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and powerful. It can do much more than what we need it for and yet it is reasonably priced. It is pretty user friendly, not a single complaint from our staff and so I think that I made the right choice.

What do you dislike?

The sales process was a little bumpy. I told the sales rep that we didn't need to use certain parts of the application and he seemed upset with me. He insisted that it was dumb for not wanting to use the entire program. I know what we need it for, he doesn't work here, so he doesn't know.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try this software, I think you will be pleased!

We are replacing Sage Timeslips. It was insanely expensive and Big Time is reasonably priced. It also seems to be more user friendly.

Karen C.

"Excellent Application!"

Rosy S.

"Really User Friendly with Lots of Functionality!"

What do you like best?

Every component is integrated well, making it very easy to use. Having an app makes it very easy for employees who travel often. They give great upfront information when deciding if the product is right for you and the implementation/support team is also very helpful. There are plenty of resources to use if you ever have any questions.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of any dislikes. Only recommendation I could think of is to be able to have the functionality for required comments only on specific projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy for all users, from time entering staff, project managers, and administrators.

BigTime is making it much easier for our employees to enter time and expenses and for project managers to track their projects. The interface is very user friendly yet the functionality is robust to get useful reports and do budget and project tracking.

Chris F.

"Fast, feature fit software for timesheet management and invoice... with exceptional support service"

What do you like best?

The feature set to BigTime is 99% perfect. The software is fast and pretty easy to learn and adopt as an organization. What sets them apart is their terrific customer support and onboarding. Brannon Hollingsworth from BigTime has worked with us from the beginning and helped us do all the onboarding and several months later was still right there to help us get into advanced reporting that is turning out to be critical intelligence for our business.

What do you dislike?

There are a few subtle feature requests we have submitted. It is too soon to see if they will be incorporated or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely sign up and complete both of the free training and onboarding sessions. Brannon was excellent in knowledge and patience getting us through the initial onboarding and then the advanced reporting setup.

Timesheet entry and management, project and customer budgets, invoicing.

Chad C.

"BigTime was exactly what our new Civil Firm needed"

What do you like best?

Timesheets, custom invoicing, reporting, customization ability, user support, friendliness of staff, great price. It is a great tool for the Civil Engineering industry as you can create custom labor categories specific to employees for invoicing purposes. Everything is hosted on the cloud which is really nice.

What do you dislike?

Unable to track marketing opportunities, light on customization on reporting, invoicing creation is a little clunky but after taking time to learn it it is a lot easier. Mobile app is pretty basic.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great program for the A/E professional services industry at a great price compared to other products we looking into.

It has allowed us to track time for all employees, create custom labor billing rates per client, create custom invoices, and do all the Project Management tracking we need.

Brenda E.

"BigTime is a great Professional Services Automation Program!"

What do you like best?

I like the BigTime platform, it is very user friendly. I can customize to fit our company's exact needs by utilizing the professional services automation. Our company specifically needed to attach copies of receipts to our submitted expenses and this works very well. Other company users find it simple to use. When I rarely do have a question, I get a quick response. Brannon Hollingsworth is very patient and great to work with during setup and training. I really like the availability and willingness to get help when needed, and can be done through chat, phone calls or emails.

What do you dislike?

The custom reports are not as simple to figure out, otherwise I have no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Program works very well for expense and time management for service businesses.

I have found BigTime to be a huge time saver, makes our company able to track expenses (with attached pdf receipts) and has the ability to track time with budgeting, which turns into money and time savings. It is a great professional services automation program, and works so much better than our old program. It is a well thought out program that was obviously designed by those who knew the needs of service businesses. I can see many benefits for a variety of businesses looking to improve their efficiency and quality of reporting.

Kaylee E.

"BigTime IQ is worth the investment!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is much more user friendly in BigTime IQ. It saves a great deal of time and also has much more functionality. Time and expense management, budget oversight, invoicing, QuickBooks integration, reporting, and resource allocation are just a few of the functions BigTime can do. The ability to sync QuickBooks with BigTime makes our Accounts Receivable process run smoothly. The reporting functionality is so easy to use and customize. The support team is also very quick to respond whenever I have an issue. Happy with the choice to covert from BigTime Enterprise to BigTime IQ.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I am having with BigTime IQ is the loss of the "Invoice Date" field. There is only a "draft date" and "sent date" field. In BigTime Enterprise, there was an option to select an Invoice Date.

We are a consulting services company that invoices primarily off of time and expenses. BigTime is perfect for this purpose. We are able to seamlessly enter, approve, and bill time and expenses to customers. We also use BigTime for budget management, staff information, invoicing, QuickBooks integration. There are so many benefits to using BigTime. To name a few: it makes the invoicing and accounts receivable process run almost perfectly. We didn't have much oversight on budgets before using IQ, and now we are able to stay on time and on budget.

Melinda C.

"Responsive Customer Service"

What do you like best?

BigTime provides excellent customer service for an easy to use product. We rarely run into problems, but when we do, the customer service has been prompt and professional. The product is constantly evolving and it easy for end users.

What do you dislike?

I personally haven't found much to dislike with BigTime. My only complaint is the time it takes to run some reports, but it's my understanding this is being addressed with newer versions.

As an IT professional, I provide support to our end users. I've been very impressed with BigTime's technical support. I recently had a problem installing the BigTime monitor, which links Quickbooks with BigTime. After searching the extensive Knowledge Base on BigTime's support site, I decided I needed ab bit more hands on help. Nancy S. responded to my support request quickly and with the required information to complete the task. When I ran into a challenge, she scheduled a call with me and we worked through the issue. Nancy was very friendly, courteous, and professional. My problem was solved quickly and efficiently. This level of responsiveness and customer service is far superior to many other vendors.

Learn more about BigTime

BigTime Videos

Learning about BigTime?

* We monitor all BigTime reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.