BiddingOwl.com Reviews & Product Details

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great for small non-for profits "

What do you like best?

Pretty simple to use as far as loading all of our silent auction items. Not expensive, meaning that the site doesn't take a huge cut of our earnings.

What do you dislike?

Connecting the account to a payment source was kind of a pain. At no point during the process does it say that once the process is complete, if anything is incorrect, it could take 3-5 days to get it correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make sure all of your payment info is correct before setting everything up. if it's wrong, there could be delays.

We're a non-for profit that has a lot of fundraisers, with silent auctions. With this platform, I think we realized how we can get more people interested in the event by posting our silent auction online way before the event so that even if they don't show up to the event itself, they can still bid on a few things from the comfort of their own homes and support us

What is BiddingOwl.com?

Free non-profit charity auction software - Yes, it's true! We strongly believe in non-profit fundraising and want to make our easy to use software available to as many charities as possible. Our auction manager is free! We place no restrictions on the amount of items, users, donors or solicitors. Why would we? We want you to succeed and raise as much money as possible. No subscription - Nope, no subscription fee either. Just pure free and easy to use software to run your non-profit charity auction. 5% to make each dollar go further - The use of our software to manage your auction is absolutely free. You can run as many silent and live auctions as often and as long as you want. However, if you like to use our online auction platform to set up your own online auction fundraiser, we do ask for 5% of your highest bids. The benefits greatly outweigh the cost. Online and pre-bid silent and live auctions raise on average far more money than the traditional format alone. Compare us to our competitors and we know you'll like us better! "We raised $10,000 even before the actual event. The use of BiddingOwl's online auction website truly made the difference!" – Olivia Smith, Co-Chair, Rotary Club of Gaylord Radio Auction

BiddingOwl.com Screenshots

BiddingOwl.com Reviews

1-22 of 22 total BiddingOwl.com reviews
President

"First Auction Experience"

What do you like best?

I appreciated most the small company feel to speaking with the ladies at BiddingOwl. I was able to speak to them personally and they assured me they would follow my auction with me and made suggestions for my auction listing.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I disliked about the service, the ease of use or the process. The only request I would have made, would be to upload more photos of our items. But, we found a work around by adding a link to a url that had the photos available. Perhaps, if the other information links.. could have been a different color.. so they would stand out to the bidders. That is the only thing I found I would have liked to have been different.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I contacted 2 other online auction providers, the ease of setup, the no cost of implementation and the commission fee was by far the most reasonable I found.

We are a Credit Union, and used the service provided by BiddingOwl to market a repossessed vehicle and to recuperate some of the loss to our members by selling the property.

Auction Manager

"It is a great option in the management of auctions."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, since it offers the possibility to include items that are in our live auctions without charging a percentage fee for it. BidingOwl has really reasonable prices and incredible customer service. It's great to see and make the name of the business easy to remember and use in marketing materials in a simple way. It even allows you to try mobile offers, which I think is a great feature, but the location we have used for many years for our auction event has an Internet that can be further improved.

It is great to have an online auction administration service option that has a simple and relatively low cost structure to eliminate the risk associated with subscription fees or high upfront costs.

The input and management of the articles is simple and, in general, intuitive. It is great to have the ability to enter the default options as a batch and update them as needed individually or in groups. In addition, it is useful to have the ability to load 3 images per article.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I think are unnecessary, so perhaps a more solid help section is the best in order to eliminate the need to contact Customer Service a lot. However, as mentioned above, they are very receptive, but it would be good to take away those little details.

Although there is a good printable instruction sheet to register and offer to users, I think it would be useful if there were more printable step-by-step instructions for those who may be less familiar with the software.

At the moment I do not like that there is no automated way within the software to create description sheets for an offer. However, the customer service recommended that we use the element export function and perform a mail merge in Word, and I can say that it worked perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an excellent program that in truth I would recommend a lot to us, at the beginning.

We discovered that the use of Bidding Owl helped us organize our auction items and gave us more flexibility to make adjustments to prices and bid increases than with the manual bidding process. At the end of the night, it saved us problems and frustrations.

It was exciting to track the progress of the tender in real time and obtain data that can be used in the future. In general, it was a positive experience and we hope to use it again next year.

It should be noted that this year, we have moved to an online format. And we can say that our fans loved it and we loved it too. The process of organizing the event was much easier for us, since all the information was in one place and organized within BiddingOwl. The bidders enjoyed the online bidding process, in particular the proxy bidding function.

Legislative Affairs Specialist
Government Administration
(Myself Only)

"Easy tool for first time auction planners"

What do you like best?

This was our first time planning an online auction, so everything, including the BiddingOwl tool, was new to us. BiddingOwl was intuitive and easy to use. The tool prompted us to make decisions about things we hadn't contemplated when we first started planning - minimum prices, escalation increments, and sponsorships.

Also inspiring is the screen that shows you the aggregate value of the items you have in the Auction.

It also gave us the nudge we needed to get PayPal set up for our Parent Teacher Organization.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could toggle between the manager and the bidder role more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BiddingOwl seemed like the best package in terms of functionality and cost.

This is our Parent Teacher Organization's first major fundraiser. We don't have a lot of manpower, but BiddingOwl made tracking our items really easy. We are also hoping to tap into resources outside of our immediate community and BiddingOwl's web-based platform will allow us to do that.

Principal
Design

"Very Great Value and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Their customer service is super helpful and responsive. They really care about their customers and it truly. shows. It was also very easy and simple to use for non technical people like me. I was not the one that set it up but even the person that is the admin that set it up even said the setup was very seamless.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't sort items that I've bid on. Our admin also complained that there isn't a lot of abilities to customize things more. He also stated that the online/offline aspect of the service wasn't flexible enough to accommodate our specific auction set up, and it wasn't very clear how to resolve the disconnect.

I feel like we've solved some business issues that we did not have at the moment. We are mainly using this system to sell items from our homes and office to be able to donate to our clients.

AC

"Excellent Support Staff. Great Success"

What do you like best?

Your help was excellent. I love your product. We will be using it on a annual basis for our November Gala supporting Special Olympics. The support staff was always responsive and answered any questions we had. This was the first time that we had an online auction and it was a great success. We loved the fact that they offered proxy bidding.

What do you dislike?

We really have nothing negative to say. The system was easy to operate and intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try. They are well worth it.

We hold an annual auction and we have used paper bid sheets in the past. This year, we moved to an online format. Our supporters loved it and so did we. The process of organizing the event was much easier for us, since all the information was in one place and organized within BiddingOwl. The bidders enjoyed the online bidding process, particularly the proxy bidding feature.

First Impression
Real Estate

"A cool new way to fund raise!"

What do you like best?

I've always loved going to live auctions, I love to shop on EBay, and I love a good silent auction. It's just a different take on shopping and you can get some really good deals! Who doesn't love a good deal?

What do you dislike?

I think they could ad some color to the site. It's pretty basic, but other than that, no real complaints. It's really easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's really fun to use and you have all sorts of things to look at! You can get some great deals too!

I work for small company but we help a lot of people, so it's important to reach out to as many as we can when we're trying to help someone raise funds. I'm surprised that we haven't been using sites like this years ago!

Talent Acquisition
Real Estate

"Extremely Helpful"

What do you like best?

This site is really easy to use. A lot of the people in my office aren't that tech savvy but they can navigate this with ease.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of negative things to say but I do think the site could use a little more design. It's almost a little too barren.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product!

We have a lot of fundraisers for our clients - we work with homeowners that are facing foreclosure. Sometimes a few hundred dollars is the difference between a person keeping or losing their home.

Bidding Owl is making it easy to raise funds on an online platform so we can target a larger demographic!

"Good for helping our clients!"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like best is that you can preset auction preferences so you do not need to enter the same information for all items being Posted.

Also, as an admin, the setup and finalization of the auction were seamless.

What do you dislike?

The item management process was pretty tedious. The full list of items I had posted was difficult to sort in any way. I had to keep resorting my item list to find the items I needed to update.

Some of the problems I am solving with this software is being able to sell some of our old staging furniture to be able to give back to our clients.

Economist
Government Administration

"Perfect option for school PTO auction!"

What do you like best?

We had a wonderful experience with BiddingOwl. We chose this platform because it was very easy and convenient to use as bidders across multiple devices (computers, phones, tablets). We also liked that it wasn't cluttered with advertisements like some other auction platforms. Lastly, it was very affordable, given the high quality.

What do you dislike?

You can only have one manager of the auction, so that person receives all the emails relating to BiddingOwl. In the future, we may set up a specific email account to share across the entire auction committee.

We were able to raise a good amount of money for our school PTO in a fun, new way.

"This program is just AWESOME"

What do you like best?

I am the "IT" coordinator (Please know, I use this term VERY loosely, as I am self taught and really not an IT person at all!) for our small private school here in Wisconsin. I have to tell you - this program is just AWESOME! It has alleviated so much stress from the past 5 years I've worked on our auction. I am so glad I found you! Thank you!

What do you dislike?

I love the paper bid sheets, however, it would be nice to be able to upload our own logo.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! You won't be disappointed.

We needed to find an easier way to manage our auction. Google Docs was not working for us anymore. Biddingowl made everything much easier.

UB

"Great change from another platform"

What do you like best?

My daughter goes to a private school and I am involved with their annual gala event. In previous years, we have used another product. This year, we decided to change platforms.

Boy, are we glad we did! Their phone and email support was the best. They were always available to answer any questions. They also scheduled a volunteer training session for us as well as gave us an emergency phone number for after hours support (which we didn't need to use). Their flat fee of 5% saved us a lot of money and we had our most successful gala in the history of the school.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they would support table seating charts. But it is my understanding that they plan on adding this in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you consider switching, go for it! You will not regret it and will save your organization tons of money.

We had a very successful event and Biddingowl helped us raise more money as well as save money.

DIRECTOR

"Great experience!"

What do you like best?

Everything was amazing. The site has been so well-designed. The customer service was excellent, and it was so easy to set up, and fun to do! And, best of all, all of our items were in one place and we could promote our charity (unlike with other auction sites)

What do you dislike?

Nothing other than I would have loved to have the option to receive an email or text every time someone bids!

We needed to fundraise in a unique way and this lets us raise money easily

"Excellent Auction Website!"

What do you like best?

The ease in adding items to your own custom auction and letting BiddingOwl.com do the rest! Everything is very user friendly!

What do you dislike?

I like to keep all sold items in the database of BiddingOwl, but changing the category of each sold item to cash is a manual and repetitive process - I believe could be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software to easily sell assets!

We liquidate all of our unused assets company wide through BiddingOwl.com! Our employees and contact love the user interface when bidding on items, and the entire process is streamlined! We love it!

Tradesman
Construction

"A great way to raise funds!"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface the best. Gotta keep it simple.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike the site. I think it's pretty simple and straightforward.... which is good. It can be hard to get users to follow through with technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just know that it's easy to use and you can target a larger demographic with this product.

We're solving the issue of reaching a good amount of people to raise funds. We can't just have internal auctions because we only have 40ish employees. To really impact our clients we need to take it bigger!

"BiddingOwl- Easy, Inexpensive and great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Setting up our auction was really easy and customer support was so helpful! They are very responsive and get back to you right away. I had never done an auction before but it was so simple.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Once everything is listed it's just as simple as sharing the web address.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend Bidding Owl.

We haven't had any issues with Bidding Owl. We have done four auctions with them and raised thousands of dollars for our school that we would not have had without it. We are able to generate money from outside our school community by sharing the link with family, friends and neighbors.

AI

"Simple Implementation, Deep Feature Set"

What do you like best?

Ease-of-use, from account creation through addition of auction items. Secondary functionality like tickets and volunteer management.

What do you dislike?

A couple of SQL errors on implementation, handled promptly by customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The combination of a stout list of features as well as the general simplicity of implementation made BiddingOwl a no-brainer. I run a non-profit in its first year of fundraising, and the batch of tools BiddingOwl offered would have cost us thousands of dollars with another service.

Online auction functionalist without the massive cost outlay of other services allow our young non-profit to thrive in our first full year.

Treasurer

"NASSAM 2018"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and great customer service.The 5 percent fee seems very reasonable

What do you dislike?

everything was great. No bad comments to make

Recommendations to others considering the product:

none

Silent Auction for non-profit car club national event - National Solstice and Sky Annual Meet (NASSAM 2018

"Outstanding customer service, tech support"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. I was set up in no time.

What do you dislike?

A little time consuming but I think it has to be to be so personalized.

We are holding an auction for a non profit. This is our second year.

"Easy and straightforward "

What do you like best?

It was very easy to enter bids. We heards no complaints from any of the bidders.

What do you dislike?

It would have been nice to include a photo of the auction items.

Fundraising for a school program.

"BiddingOwl"

What do you like best?

notifications are the best part and they are very efficient

What do you dislike?

Some times...feel like too much happening on one screem

We needed solution for silent auction...It was more than that......

"Great auction!"

What do you like best?

very user friendly, the people bidding found it to be the easiest auction they have bid in

What do you dislike?

can't think of anything, it really is a great product

It was a great way to run an online auction to raise money for our middle school

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

Quick customer service and easy platform

What do you dislike?

More mobile friendly for all users. other than that great

Fundraising on a simpler level

BiddingOwl.com User Ratings

9.5
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.7*
* Nonprofit Auction Category
Do you work for BiddingOwl.com?

BiddingOwl.com Categories on G2