Betts Recruiting Reviews & Product Details

HB
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts helped us hire a first mover tech AE in a brand new market. We chose Betts because they came highly recommended for this type of search. We tested the market, had a firm idea of the profile we were looking for and accepted their advice on how to attract the talent level we required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Betts has a nailed down onboarding process for clients. It was efficient, they asked the right questions and provided feedback when asked. The depth of talent in their pool and specialization in GTM made the process incredibly efficient. Our Account Manager was also thoughtful. Communication was great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The best company at what they do for a reason. I was able to give quick honest feedback regarding candidates and they provided me quickly with a few that were ideal fits.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Easy, very transparent process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hiring sales talent in a fast moving market, ideal professional and cultural fits and could ramp quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Betts Recruiting Overview

What is Betts Recruiting?

Since 2009 Betts has partnered with the biggest names across sectors offering a customized approach to each search. We’ve established a network of genuine relationships that allow us to source the highest-quality talent and execute quickly. With locations in San Francisco, New York, Austin, Chicago and Los Angeles, we work Nationwide, to help you build your organization, and to guide talent into an exciting career, faster and smarter.

Betts Recruiting Details

Matching top talent with the world's most innovative companies.

Betts Recruiting
2009
San Francisco, CA
@BettsRecruiting

Betts Recruiting Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Betts Recruiting community
Have you used Betts Recruiting before?

Betts Recruiting Reviews

Showing 41 Betts reviews
Location
Already have Betts Recruiting?
Managing Director
Business Development Representative
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I reached out to Bett's to help me find my first job out of college. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked how precise they were with directing me towards a company with the specifics that I wanted and also how easy they made the interview and hiring process. They also did not charge me a single penny for using their service. They hooked me up with an amazing job and that was it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were too many unexpected "check in" calls at various times of the day. They were really unnecessary especially when they were right before interviews. If there was an issue or question I needed answered, then I would reach out to my recruiter on my own terms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you're job searching, just tell them what you're looking for and the rest will come easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No real problems stood out with Betts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've been working with Betts Recruiting for my sales hiring needs for the last 10 years. During that time I have hired dozens of high-quality reps through their service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their account managers are very knowledgable and you can tell they care about their customers. Very good response time and I like the high volume of quality applicants they provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the concerns I've had is given I was hiring for many different positions across my teams I would have many different points of contact at Betts based on the roles. This makes sense given their specialization. That said Carolyn and her team were able to assign me one main contact that I could deal with on a day to day basis so I would not feel overwhelmed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Betts has been a crucial part of my ability to scale effective sales teams quickly. When you are leading sales teams, time is of the essence, and they have repeatedly delivered every single time I depended on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Director
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Agio needed to bring our Sales Development Resource team in house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our Betts recruiting team, Kelsey, Raquel, Lamar and Gino were fantastic to work with throughout our search for Sales Development Representative (SDR) candidates. The team’s unique approach, putting together a hiring event allowed us to see a large pipeline of candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were no real downsides that come to mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Seriously consider utilizing their hiring events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to hire multiple SDRs in a compressed timeframe. Their pipeline of candidates and their format allowed to identify and hire solid candidate for the roles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

If you're looking for great roles in early to mid-size startups Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Feedback about your marketability and interview skills - and a sounding board for the many highs and lows of the job search!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was looking for roles with late-stage or public companies, which Betts doesn't do as much work with... Betts is great if you're looking for earlier though! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Manager, Sales Development
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I frequently engage Betts as the talent partner for companies that I'm consulting with. Whenever a need arises for sales talent at the individual contributor level up to executive leadership, Carolyn and her team are able to step in and provide immediate value to the client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Betts works to understand the specific needs of each client and cater the talent pipeline to meet those requirements. They understand the specifics of high growth businesses and tailor candidate experience to things like the overall go-to-market motion and attributes of the sales cycle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In terms of placing sales talent, there is no better provider. However, I cannot speak to the emerging services from Betts around marketing and people ops hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Betts solves for the talent equation inside of high growth organizations. I can can put together a best practice sales process powered by sales 3.0 technology and guided by a strategic playbook, but none of that matters without the right people to adopt and implement that change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

They helped get me hired. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

. What can I say? Katie is a pro, plain and simple. If she is working for you, you are in luck! She is beyond knowledgeable, 100% courteous, fully understanding and attentive, and gets it done. She was an absolutely critical asset in my job search late 2018. . . Katie helped me by conducting a thorough qualification interview, which lead to a discussion of prospective employers she was in talks with. Once those options were discussed and interviews with a few of those prospective employers were set, we set up and executed practice interviews the day before, and post-interview de-briefs shortly after each interview. . . Not only did this practice raise my confidence levels when interviewing, but it was a huge help in giving my interview answers a solid foundation, and direction, aimed specifically towards addressing the needs of the Company interviewing me. I have to say, these interviews, which Katie helped to prepare for, were some of, if not the, best I have ever given, both in content and in confidence, and surely I have her to thank for my current employment. . . That said, I have no intention of leaving my current role anytime soon, but I know that when I do, I will be going to Katie for help finding the next opportunity. Hopefully she is still in recruiting if/when the time comes. . . Thanks again Katie! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report really. I would have perhaps liked a few more options or offers to choose from but I am also aware that there is very little Betts can do to create opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Just do it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Seeing this from both ends betts is a great way to connect serious candidates with serious hiring managers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with Betts as I was looking for a new sales leadership position. From the informational intake interview through signed offer letter, my rep with Betts was an incredible resource from everything to understanding the role, read, interview prep, and setting clear expectations. I was declined from one opp before getting placed at another and my rep was direct, clear, and set next steps to move forward toward the next opportunity immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked how well my rep was able to share what the role entailed, unique characteristics about the opportunity and companies, and the clarity of communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of urgency when they are close to filling an opportunity and sometimes too little communication when their own pipelines aren’t full. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be as clear with what you are looking to accomplish with the role you are sourcing. They can help clarify objectives and job scope, but can’t change how the internal culture and alignment look for prospective candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was spending time getting opportunities and looking for introductions. Now that I’ve worked with them, they know where to recommend me, what skills I have that match their openings, and how I can help introduce them to other candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operating Partner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts has helped multiple companies in the Costanoa Ventures portfolio build sales teams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Betts has a great network, and they also listen to what the founders want in terms of ideal profile and candidates. They set up an efficient process to do first screens, and managed a weekly call to review candidates. They have placed 3 role consistently: BDRs (demandgen), Account Executives (ie reps) and Sales Leaders (Director of VP) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Betts is a large recruiting firm so you need to make sure the recruiter you are working with is top quality. The good news is they are open to feedback if you you don't feel like they are performing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

make sure you have a job description and a list of ideal qualities you want with a sales person Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Building sales teams, hiring top candidates, building a pipeline of candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Finding a new job, in a different industry than I have been involved with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How present and quick Olivia was, she always asked me how things went and how I was preparing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

................................................ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My job search problem was resolved. A new career to add to my resume is my benefit. Other doors will open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Content Marketing Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with Samantha Rich at Betts Recruiting to find a new content marketing role in the tech start up / scale up space in New York. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was lucky enough to be Samantha's client my very first time working with a recruiter. Job searching is not something I necessarily look forward to, but from my first phone call with Samantha I could tell that she was going to help me put my best foot forward. Samantha quickly put me in touch with the exact kinds of companies I was interested in working for and she was understanding and compassionate when my job preferences changed and evolved throughout the process. Ultimately, Samantha helped me land my ideal job (in just a month and a half, and over the holidays!). I recommend that anyone looking for a job in digital marketing waste no time in getting in touch with her. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of a single negative in my process of working with Samantha from Betts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Samantha from Betts ultimately help me land a job that was the perfect next step for my career. The benefits of this have been many, from taking on more fulfilling responsibilities in a global role that also allows me to travel, to working with my first direct report, and of course advancing my overall rate of compensation. The benefits go on and on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Olivia is amazing!! When we first connected, none of the roles she was working with were a fit, but I told her what I was looking for and to let me know if/when they became available. I heard from Olivia again within a week, and the process with the company moved very quickly! Olivia was an incredible resource and sage guide throughout the whole process - we talked on the phone probably 10 times and I spoke with her about every possible aspect of the job search and offer acceptance process. She's knowledgable about the recruitment process, obviously, but she is also truly an advocate of each of her candidates. I have actually already connected her with other friends in my network who are looking for a position! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I didn't like about this experience! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I worked with Betts to find a new job that was going to be a great fit for what I was looking for. Within a few weeks of starting the process, I have already started week 2 in my new role! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SVP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I've hired Betts for 4-6 different roles across two different firms from straight-from-college SDRs to AEs to BD to VP level searches. They've been great throughout and also have mentioned when they might not be a great fit for a role, which is always appreciated and engenders more trust Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Strong pool of talent, responsive team, creative events to attractive the right talent, good screening Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On one or two roles, it took a bit to iterate to the right candidate profile but the team worked closely with us through that and was responsive and open to the feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How we staff up quickly in a competitive environment. Access to a broader and different pool of talent than our organizations had the reach to get Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We got Betts involved to help us fill a number of Sales and Customer Success positions over the past few years. I work on the Customer Success side and we've placed over 50% of our team thanks to Betts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Betts is not like your average recruiter. They take the time to get to know your business and your culture and understand exactly what you're looking for. They only put through high quality candidates so you don't waste your time interviewing candidates that aren't right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is the only downside, but that's very standard for recruiters. If it weren't for the cost I would use Betts everytime but since we're a small start up, we have to try and fill the positions ourselves initially to avoid paying fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Largely it just helps with my time! I don't have to spend my time screening a number of candidates (since our HR team is based in the UK and is very stretched filling all sorts of positions) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Associate
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I reached out to Betts for a plethora of information on Austin's compensation for various roles within a technology startup company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their marketing materials for such a broad topic were well thought-out and organized in a clean, easy-to-read manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I could not find anything in my experience with Betts that I disliked! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them a call and explain what you are looking for! Chances are they can easily help and you will enjoy working with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Betts helped me focus on the compensation differences between San Francisco and Austin and working with such a detail-focused group really helped me drive home my presentation on the difference between the two cities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts work with me to find a new Account Executive opportunity within the SaaS space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I worked with Emily Gagliostro. She was a very reliable resource, continuously sending me potential opportunities and making sure I was properly prepared for each interview I had. After about 2 months of working closely with Emily I landed a great job opportunity!

I was very impressed with the persistence and investment Emily and Betts made in me as a candidate.

They are very detailed oriented and versed in the space they operate in. I would recommend Emily or Betts to anyone! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes all around great experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for a new career opportunity, and Betts helped me achieve my goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Sales Manager
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

SpotHopper reached out to me via Lauren. She was very helpful during the whole process and always had great insights and advice with a friendly voice. I was hired with Spothopper in about 3 weeks and it was awesome knowing that I had Lauren Cooper there to cheer me on! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that that the company is focused on the best interests for both parties and making sure that both are a perfect fit for one another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Betts handles hiring in the most professional ways possible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bett's has helped me to find a career that I can finally build on and create a name for myself in the industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Have worked with Betts numerous times over the years as a VP of Sales and Chief Revenue Officer. Have hired a few folks from there but have always been impressed with the hard work and hustle of the team and of the Founder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The team at Betts works tirelessly on behalf of both their candidates and their clients. Carolyn has worked hard to build a great company and her staff embodies her hustle and passion for client-service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could give them more work. I really do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hiring for top sales talent in a crowded employment market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advisor
Venture Capital & Private Equity
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a sales consultant and advisor, I have been a partner with Betts recruiting for a few years. Have alrways heard positive things from my clients about their experiences with Betts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Responsiveness and follow up are key in any business and Betts has the process for this down cold Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm Beginning to get more requests for agency recruiting in APJ and EMEA and I don't think Betts plays as well in those geo's Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't believe there is another recruiting agency that is as expansive and has the US covered better than Betts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

She facilitated all meeting and calls between myself in the company and always tried hard to keep me in the loop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was presented with an opportunity at the right time and was able to get a new job extremely fast. It felt like a breeze with my recruiter’s help to find a new path. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of middle man it seemed as there were two recruiters working on this and there was a lot of back and forth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Allow them to help you see the benefit of more opportunities Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like that the types of companies they recruit for have high growth potential and a chance for a lot of opportunity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts helped me source account management opportunities when I started my job search. Upon reaching out to them cold, I was placed with a recruiter who was very professional and very knowledgeable about the companies and roles she had available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I was placed with a recruiter in NYC who I found to be incredibly good at her job. She provided me with helpful and accurate information in preparation for interviews and made it easy to communicate with her by being available via text on a daily basis. Betts works with high-quality companies and was able to make numerous introductions on my behalf and effectively ensure that the processes continuously moved forward. Through them, I was able to secure multiple competitive offers and also received well-placed advice as I made my decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was very satisfied with my overall experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was looking for a new account management role at a tech startup in NYC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
Venture Capital & Private Equity
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Betts regularly did sales related search assignments for my firm's portfolio companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Betts always does great work for my companies due to their combination of: 1) highly focused and specialized expertise in their core markets, combined with 2) their tenacious, thoughtful, and "can do" approach to achieve the necessary results for my companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I can't hire them due to max capacity of search assignments on their end! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Give them advanced notice so they can plan their capacity accordingly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Complex sales organization hiring needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SVP, Head of Sales
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Ive hired and been hired from Betts. Having been on both sides of the equation, I can say that they are one of the best recruiting companies to work with for hire AE level talent. They understand saas and the different types of sales profiles that exist. We used them to hire multiple CS people as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

They have Intelligent staff and domain expertise Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They aren’t a cheap solution, but quality comes at a premium Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding talent within a specific niche of the industry Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Partner
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I attended a few of their events and got in touch with recruiters hunting for clients over the past fee years Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Brand and community activation events of good quality with interesting profiles invited Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No downside. They stick to their focus in marketing and sales. More profile diversity in their events might make senses besides bus dev, sales, marketing and a couple of founders and VCs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Good resources to recruit sales and marketing profiles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Provide consulting and recruiting services for our fast growth company that currently has aggressive sales targets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The upside is the time taken to understand the nature of our business, growth strategy and implementation plan. Understanding these fundamentals allows the Betts team to filter the right candidates and respective skill sets and experience. The follow up is also quite effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, there is nothing to report. The team is professional and of high quality. They're incentivized to nurture a longer term relationship with their partners. It's quite refreshing to see these elements in action. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth and sales strategies. Still in the process of implementing our plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.