BetterManager Reviews & Product Details

Director, Talent Development
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We've hired BetterManager to provide 1:1 coaching for all of our leaders, from Senior Managers through VPs. It's our most valuable investment in our leadership bench to increase the leadership and management skills of this critical cohort. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quality of coaches is second-to-none. Our leaders have access to a exceptional resource and feel valued and invested in. Many of our leaders have not had this type of support before, and they benefit tremendously from getting help solving problems in real time, in focusing on their known areas for growth, and being held accountable to someone to address these areas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The relationship of the coach and coachee is paramount in the success of the engagement. Our leaders aren't always forthcoming if they don't think it's a good fit, and we don't have direct visibility into the interactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're seeing improvements--anecdotally from the leaders and their direct reports--in management skills, prioritization, focus, and leadership. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BetterManager Overview

What is BetterManager?

BetterManager provides a 100% virtual leadership development platform that offers a unique combination of one-on-one coaching, group training, and technology that allows you to scale the best of executive leadership development to all levels of managers in all locations across the world in a manner that truly impacts day-to-day manager performance.

BetterManager Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

BetterManager provides personalized coaching with experienced executive coaches in a cost effective and scalable way.

BetterManager brings executive-level coaching & training to all managers and leaders in an organization. We focus directly on the business leadership skills proven to be successful, with coaches that have real-world management experience in addition to their coaching experience and certification.

BetterManager

Showing 37 BetterManager reviews
Location
Already have BetterManager?
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

It has allowed us to innovate the company from project and advertising, with creative ideas, very happy with this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Our projects and campaigns have been nurtured by the implementation of this software since it has provided us with powerful virtual help for the entire work team, it is loaded with information that serves to train each of the members, that is, it is A series of trainings that serve to improve our performance, through the training of personnel and integration to this new technology, each department has reinforced leadership development even for the most experienced administrators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their practices and training is very useful, it has been very well reflected in the results, but sometimes to obtain the necessary information it is necessary to interact with the software support team, so that in this way the way can be found and the correct means that adapt to our needs and weaknesses, to promote them and nurture them with knowledge, is a process that can generate delays, however we can observe it as the way to personalize practices, for this reason this process does not bother us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

It is suitable for companies of any size that wish to take advantage of a complete training for their personnel, with this innovative platform and with completely online tools, optimal results can be obtained, either individually or in groups, and very favorable benefits can be obtained. The department heads in turn can count on arduous training at the level, with leadership strategies depending on their management in the company, optimizing their administrative relationship and turning them into professionals and trained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The leadership and capacities of the department heads, taking as a guide each practice and each information that the software provides us, our skills also benefit from training, obtaining outstanding results in relation to leadership practices. These practical resources are offered to both experts and new members of the organization allowing to achieve better objectives with the inclusion of all personnel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

In my opinion, Covid-19 is the HR Golden Age: we are working hard to keep the Chegg IL culture and special vibe flames on. We are listening, supporting, encouraging, developing, surprising and re-inventing. The sessions with the amazing Rachel Peterson were a great break to focus on ME: on my development, my challenges, my long days. Rachel had quickly become a highly professional, as well as joyful, mentor; I confided in her, shared thoughts and conflicts and knew I would always receive another interesting perspective that would stretch me to my high limits. The sessions with Rachel were a safe zone for me for thoughts, doubts and conflicts. I really needed that safe professional zone that helped me during the stressful pandemic time. Finally, the most important thing with Rachel- I felt she really cared about me and about my well being and success. Thank you for the 360 opportunity! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Rachel, my coach, with her warm personality and tremendous experience in HR and Management. The sessions were always focused on my initial goals and ongoing development. I also liked the surveys in the beginning and in the end of the process, that were a great reflection from my managers and colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I couldn't find any, I enjoyed and benefit all process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I felt I gained confidence in coaching my employees and managers I work with, especially in asking the right questions in trying to help them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Care Manager
TI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I wanted to develop my leadership and communication skills Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's great to have a coach to help me through my journey. David provides actionable and timely feedback that helps me tackle situations in real-time. The monthly/bi-weekly coaching sessions enable me time to raise any issues that I'm currently experiencing and then space to go and execute the recommendations. In the next session I report back on how a situation went and discuss further opportunities for growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It'd be great to have face to face opportunities too but given we are in different countries this is difficult.

Also capping at 6 sessions can be an administrative burden as you have to manually request more sessions. It's a fairly easy process to request additional sessions but it'd be better if it capped at like 10 sessions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

be clear on your needs and go at your own learning pace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

leadership, better communication, confidence Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with BetterManager to fine-tune my leadership skills based on the results of a comprehensive 360 feedback survey. Following the survey, my coach worked with me to identify my strengths and areas of improvement. Together we developed a set of goals to work toward over the next 12-18 months and identified opportunities to meet those goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly, the best part of the program was my relationship with my coach. She was able to listen, understand and dive deep to get a full understanding of different situations. Her strong insights and experiences framed problems as opportunities and let me navigate complex situations effectively. She was able to blend relevant resources into the learning program along the way - books, readings, podcasts - all of which made the 6-week program a rich and fulfilling experience. All in all, she approached coaching me with trust, openness and care which made me full supported and helped me realize my true potential. The stories, principles and frameworks she shared will help me throughout my career, not just for my own success, but also as I coach others to theirs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot think of any downsides. The coach, survey and resources were all tremendously helpful in helping me identify and work toward my goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to scale my leadership skills to a team twice the size I originally inherited. I've been able to create a strong team based on value and process frameworks that can operate independently with a high bar. They are less reliant on me, which frees my time to focus on strategic priorities. I've been able to share feedback - with my team, my peers and with leadership, with candor in a way that's always well received. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MM
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager helped me with a better outlook in general. The program is designed to help you with a mental shift on how you approach certain situations. We can sometimes find ourselves in the constant grind of things and this program helped me realize how to adjust and expand my mental capacity when it comes to handling difficult situations and/or constructive feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked the intimate coaching sessions that spanned across 3 months. I liked how the program was adaptive and it felt almost like a "choose your own adventure" structure. It focused on workplace scenarios, but more importantly—it helped in my overall life in terms of mindset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only critique would be that I was a little confused as to what this program was all about when I first signed up for it. It wasn't clear in terms of how things would be laid out or structured. More clarity and setting expectations at the start would've been nice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BetterManager helped me see the bigger picture. Helped me shift my mindset to be more open and more patient. Helped me realize that I need to celebrate my "wins" more. Helped me realize that I need to concentrate on managing my workload better and become a better delegator so I can concentrate more on the important components of being a people manager and leader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

My struggle mainly revolved in effective communication with my team..and honesty with myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoyed being listened to and understood. She was always on time and very present in our conversations. I never felt judged which allowed me to be open and honest and therefore get the most out of my time with Wendy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not really sure that there is anything that I disliked. Honestly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Nobody is perfect, and even if you are a great leader, there are always challenges that we are faced with and room for growth. Join the conversation with an open mind, challenge yourself and put in the work. I guarantee that if you do, your takeaways will be far greater than you ever expected. Highly recommended! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I recognized that with my team I need to "catch them doing something right." We are all moving so fast, that it's so easy to just point out what is wrong so it can be fixed at the moment. It is so very important to make sure that your team is aware of how valuable they are and that there amazing hard work is not going unnoticed. I have become more aware of how asking "what do you think of..." "how does that sound..." etc allows for a more fluid and inclusive conversation with my team. I have become a more present, active listener when talking to my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OE
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager worked with me for a few months with professional coaching. Although I've been a manager for over 20 years, this was the first opportunity for coaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My coach, Jim Coyle, was outstanding. Never pushy, always listening, and providing guided feedback, always keeping me progressing towards reflection and improvement. The time flew by and I found myself thinking and implementing our ideas after the sessions almost immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a thing I didn't like. At one point, Jim started discussing team-oriented exercises, and I confessed that I thought they were hokey and often a waste of time. He immediately backed off, and eventually we found a different path to the same results that felt more aligned with my management style. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Two thumbs up! Would definitely recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This was less about specific problems and more about a tune-up when the opportunity presented itself. The one aspect where we spent time was on being a stronger advocate for myself and my team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager has been a key part of how Whistle enables its managers to grow into better managers. BetterManager helps our team to see things from other perspectives, to communicate more effectively and to feel supported and heard as managers as we navigate the challenges of managing and supporting our teams laterally, above and below us. They are a non-partisan partner that helps EVERY manager in Whistle to be the best manager they can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

BetterManager provides a large treasure chest of classes & coaching options to provide the "right support at the right time." I also like that BetterManager doesn't candy-coat feedback and helps the managers get the feedback they need and to work on it. Most importantly, BetterManager treats the person, understanding the business issues that the associate is dealing with in context of the associate's, aspiration, skills sets and whatever else is going on in that person's world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

We had success in providing BetterManager support to each manager as they were promoted as a perk and a support system as they transitioned to more complex and demanding work than they experienced in the past. It has increased the success rate of our managers exponentially. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BetterManager has been a partner in a difficult turnaround in an environment that was different than I experienced in the past. BetterManager helped me see things from an alternative point of view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Maddisen was assigned me as a coach, can't imagine a better match in terms of background, where i'd like to be professionally vs her career path. I felt connected personally and professionally which helped me to invest even more in the coaching process

This process helped me to (re)identify my values, leadership skills and my style as well as how i can take these a step further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easily digestable and actionable material (before and after each session) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about BetterManager - I wish i had more sessions:) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

- Make sure you have a clear goal before starting your session

- Dedicate time to go through the activities

- Come prepared to the sessions, make the most out of it, time flies when you are with your coach

- There is definitely something you'll benefit by having a Better Manager coach regardless of your title/experience. Don't think twice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Strong understanding of my values, leadership skills and my leadership style

- Changed my perspective on how to navigate ambiguity

- Asking more questions and self-reflection

- Setting "thinking" time to keep focusing on the bigger picture

- I am more confident than ever Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Director, Business Operations & Strategy
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I was looking for strategies to better manage my team of direct reports and how best to manage up to senior leaders, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My coach - Wendy Hanson - is great, very encouraging and I love the use of the open ended questions to get to the right answer or approach! She

never told me what to think or how to solve a problem, but skillfully guided me to my own conclusions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints! I would recommend BetterManager to my peers and colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Be vocal about which areas you'd like to investigate and improve. Determine goals early in the coaching and help guide the conversation to meet your needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm more patient, calm and focused in my work. I have developed useful strategies to better manage my team and communicate w/senior management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a first-time manager, my coach helped me understand the mindset of a leader vs. an individual. I learned many of the basic skills, like giving feedback, coaching/mentoring, communication with different personality styles, etc. Now that I have a few years of experience, my coach is providing wisdom and resources around more complex issues like engagement/motivation, managing up, developing my leadership presence, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Absolutely everything. I feel personally cared for and supported by my coach. She goes out of her way to reflect my strengths, and also lets me know what I can do to grow and improve in a way that is clear but compassionate. Her level of experience inspires deep trust between us and allows me to feel safe and open. I also appreciate how easy it is to integrate our sessions into my busy schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I only wish I could bring my coach with me into every meeting! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BetterManager supported me in transitioning from individual contributor to manager, and then from new manager to strong and experienced manager. My coach increased my confidence, helped me learn innumerable skills, and provided me with lots of feedback in real-time. My team is incredibly happy and productive, and I am constantly reminded of ways in which BetterManager allowed me to set them up for success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MH
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As a brand new manager, BetterManager helped me develop and hone in on leadership and coaching skills that I will carry with me for life. The sessions broadened my perspective on the impact I could make as a manager and helped create a foundation for which I plan on continuing to develop. I highly recommend BetterManager, whether you are a new or seasoned leader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Personal 1:1 sessions to address questions/concerns, etc. Role plays were helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would have loved to have more resources sent over to read on my time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I recommend trying BetterManager. There is nothing to lose, but so much to gain! It did not take much time out of my busy schedule and was able to reschedule meetings easily if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helping to coach my team members Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Our company implemented an initiative for each leadership team member to receive one-on-one coaching through BetterManager in order to help each of us improve our leadership and management skills. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

BetterManager's coaching program was a hugely valuable experience, especially as someone who, coming into the program, had very little management training or experience. My coach was very attentive and helped me work through the areas I was struggling with. The reading resources provided are also incredibly helpful - short, concise, and with easy ways to put the techniques into practice! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None really come to mind. One thing to keep in mind is that, at least from what I experienced, this is less of a structured program and is more open-ended and up to whatever the participant would like to talk about and explore. I personally liked that, but may not be for everyone and all situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a small company, retention of good employees is always top of mind. Making sure our leadership and management teams are fostering a workplace that excites people about coming to work and even helps recruit talent is critical, and the skills learned with BetterManager helps bolster those initiatives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MS
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Better manager taught me to manage my time more effectively by prioritizing what I need to do. I also went through the exercise of listing my tasks and positioning them in an importance vs urgency matrix. Though simple, doing this exercise well brings lots of insights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Structured calls, helpful tools to diagnose what works and what doesn't. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be general for the highly advanced managers. This want the case with me though Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prioritizing my work and juggling a priority list Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MI
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We first started working with BetterManager to help our internally promoted VPs scale up and succeed in their new role. Our company isn't large enough to need a formal development program for VPs, so coaching with BetterManager gave us a way to offer targeting help with whatever the VP needed.

Since the initial launch, we have make BetterManager coaches available to many Directors and VPs, both to support transitions and to help them prepare for their next role. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quality of coaches is on par with traditional coaching firms. It's easy to get started, and easy to get support when needed. And they just added a new dashboard feature so I can collect actionable insights about what the executive's common goals and development needs are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't go as "deep" as most traditional coaches, who often do interviews or more in-depth and varied assessments. (Though BetterManager has said that they can add those on, for a fee). The coaches aren't as intense, from what I've heard. In other words, they aren't getting to the root of issues with the coachees, and stay more on the surface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ensuring newly promoted execs succeed. Strengthening our leadership pipeline. Retaining people because we're investing in them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OR
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Enjoyed the qualitative approach BetterManager considered. A lot of actual business cases and scenarios were seriously taken into account versus the number crunching and often meaningless numeric only evaluations. Furthermore, you were able to review your score before and after a serious of interviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quality vs. Quantity of number crunching. Always thoughtful follow-up questions to address teammates reviews in depth and detail. Good to see this perspective in more detail including comments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could have helped if only one BetterManager official covers one company which might be too much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Worth the efforts, particularly when you a small team with more than half working remote. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Behavior - Patience - Respect - Commitment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Coaching Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Coach was fantastic and exceeded my expectations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The follow-up of supplemental materials and action items from each coaching session was somewhat slow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MC
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

The BetterManager program helped me immensely. My coach made me feel comfortable since the beginning, and the way the coaching was approached has been incredible and very consultative. It has been nice to bounce ideas off of and get feedback from someone not at my company, and I feel like I've known my coach for years. I cannot express enough how valuable this experience has been. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked my coach best. Great listener. Great help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything about working with BetterManager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My transition from IC to Manager was not easy. That is why I enlisted BetterManager for help, and my ramp time decreased significantly. The way in which I was helped with various different topics, I simply could not have done on my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MP
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

As I transitioned into a new role at a larger, more resources, and more complex organization, Karen helped me think through my first 90 days. She helped me develop a strategic approach to developing key relationships, clarifying my vision, and communicating my leadership style and beliefs to key constituents. My work with her was invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the seamless video conference formatting that cuts down on extraneous logistical obstacles and the follow-up notes and resources that propel our sessions into my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I wish there was access to ongoing, in-the-moment short sessions to deal with a quick problem or challenge here or there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

I would wholeheartedly recommend Karen to anyone seeking leadership and professional coaching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly how to organize and execute initiatives and how to communicate more strategically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MA
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager's Wendy has been my coach for the last 2 years and I could not have asked for a better coach to work with. She's very empathetic, has excellent listening skills and helps me find answers than tell me to what to do (which is more effective) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Wendy is very good at coaching and gets the best out of me. I like how she frames my concerns and provides constructive feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about BetterManager Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trying to be a better leader Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Learning & Development
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

At Yelp promote from within and put people in stretch roles that accelerate their development. BetterManager's MAP program effectively supported our high potential leaders who are either in the biggest roles of their career and/or are going through a crucial transition.

We believe that our managers are the most important people to their direct reports. Using our annual manager feedback survey, BetterManager helped us design and implement, at scale, a manager development program that focused on the fundamentals of management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love the process of working with BetterManager's team to quickly iterate on programming until we had things just right.

The quality of their coaches is their bread and butter. I've found that BetterManager has a rigorous vetting process, high bar and training program that ensures a consistent experience for any leader we put in the program.

They have a leadership team that is heavily involved and invested. It's inspiring.

The coaching programming meets our leaders and managers where they are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not known for their platform and dashboards. Compared to other platforms out there, they are lacking. However, I've noticed that their team continues to grow and it's just a matter of time until it's on par. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

You're in good hands. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leadership development. Universal manager development.

Our managers can speak the same language and operate off a common playbook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GG
Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager provided executive leadership coaching for 5 executive-level staff in our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The structure of the coaching and the associated resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I enjoyed every aspect of having a professional coach. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BetterManager helped me hone my skills as a manager and leader. My coach also focused on developing practices and projects to support my ongoing fulfillment in my role. It was a very positive experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for BetterManager?

BetterManager Categories on G2