BetterManager

BetterManager

4.8

BetterManager provides personalized coaching with experienced executive coaches in a cost effective and scalable way.

Work for BetterManager?

Learning about BetterManager?

BetterManager Reviews

Ask BetterManager a Question
James B.

"BetterManager is the partner we wish we had years ago."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

At Yelp promote from within and put people in stretch roles that accelerate their development. BetterManager's MAP program effectively supported our high potential leaders who are either in the biggest roles of their career and/or are going through a crucial transition.

We believe that our managers are the most important people to their direct reports. Using our annual manager feedback survey, BetterManager helped us design and implement, at scale, a manager development program that focused on the fundamentals of management.

What do you like best?

BetterManager's bias to over communication and speed of iteration.

The quality of their coaches is their bread and butter. I've found that BetterManager has a rigorous vetting process, high bar and training program that ensures a consistent experience for any leader we put in the program.

I heavily involved and invested leadership team.

Programming that meets our leaders and managers where they are.

What do you dislike?

Not known for their platform and dashboards. Compared to other platforms out there, they are lacking. However, I've noticed that their team continues to grow and it's just a matter of time until it's on par.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

You're in good hands.

Leadership development. Universal manager development.

Our managers can speak the same language and operate off a common playbook.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about BetterManager
Showing 14 BetterManager reviews
Karen C.

"Exceptional coaching for our most critical leaders"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

We've hired BetterManager to provide 1:1 coaching for all of our leaders, from Senior Managers through VPs. It's our most valuable investment in our leadership bench to increase the leadership and management skills of this critical cohort.

What do you like best?

The quality of coaches is second-to-none. Our leaders have access to a exceptional resource and feel valued and invested in. Many of our leaders have not had this type of support before, and they benefit tremendously from getting help solving problems in real time, in focusing on their known areas for growth, and being held accountable to someone to address these areas.

What do you dislike?

The relationship of the coach and coachee is paramount in the success of the engagement. Our leaders aren't always forthcoming if they don't think it's a good fit, and we don't have direct visibility into the interactions.

We're seeing improvements--anecdotally from the leaders and their direct reports--in management skills, prioritization, focus, and leadership.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about BetterManager
Nandita M.

"Learning and Coaching With Empathy"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Managing direct reports and transitioning to a new role

What do you like best?

Wendy provides insightful coaching and an empathetic environment to safely share one's fears/concerns. She leads you to answers and solutions through intelligent questions rather than prescribing them to you. Helpful tools/content that help drive the point home after the session is over. She's also available outside of coaching hours through text which is helpful if you need it. I've found helpful resources through her and have taken meaningful steps to investing in myself and therefore investing in my company by default.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike but a factor to consider is that coaching should be for self-motivated employees who have questions and want help identifying areas of improvement and opportunity. As with all things, it is dependent on the coachee to utilize Wendy's availability and knowledge as the solutions themselves are great but take time and effort to truly develop. In those cases, maybe having more structural artifacts for a coachee would be good.

Build stronger teams, help employees with high potential recognize strengths/weaknesses so they can develop into strong, confident leaders

What Training & Development solution do you use?

James B.

"BetterManager is the partner we wish we had years ago."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

What do you like best?

BetterManager's bias to over communication and speed of iteration.

I heavily involved and invested leadership team.

Programming that meets our leaders and managers where they are.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

You're in good hands.

Leadership development. Universal manager development.

Our managers can speak the same language and operate off a common playbook.

Kimberly O.

"Better Manager has made me a better manager"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Better Manager provided management coaching for all managers who opted in within our company. Over the course of session with my coach, I gained insights not only how to be a better manager for my teams (top-down), but how to be a better follower and work with leadership (bottom-up). Providing a forum for discussion and providing techniques/guides on how to improve collaboration and communication has been largely beneficial not only the development of my teams, but myself.

What do you like best?

My coach was amazing. I was able to immediately develop trust and rapport. The sessions were loosely structured and flowed based on items that were top of mind for the week. I have been fortunate to have engaged in several coaching programs prior to my work with Better Manager. Better Manager has the strongest follow-up and the no frills/ simple design of their program allowed for us (myself and my coach) to spend our time engaged in meaningful discussions. I walked away from my time with the Better Manager program feeling like my coach genuinely cared about my growth and development.

What do you dislike?

Having worked with a few different programs, there is nothing specific I disliked about the Better Manager program.

I solved some unique problems specific to team dynamics, personnel management, how to have better difficult conversations not just with my peers and ICs, but with my leadership. Better Manager also taught me the importance of moving from the dance floor to the balcony and how best to do so. Better Manager taught me how to uplevel and challenge my teams, which has been key to optimizing performance.

Michal N.

"Excellent partner on a bumpy road to become a great manager."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I had a chance to work with BetterManager team on multiple occasions.

I used the management evaluation service and coaching sessions at the beginning of my management career. I then had a chance to do more coaching sessions at the later stages when I started to manage managers.

Apart from that, all of the Engineering Managers that I directly manage also used BetterManager coaching and evaluation.

Our latest collaboration was a series of workshops designed by Better Manager team to help Engineering Team Leads kickstart their management adventure.

What do you like best?

BetterManger team designed an evaluation survey for my direct reports. I got excellent feedback and then worked on some key areas during coaching sessions.

I had a chance to work with great coaches and got access to a broad set of training materials and resources.

The best part of BetterManager is the well-thought structure they've built on top of essential manager competencies and areas of experties. Manager job often feels chaotic and unstructured, but the way BetterManager team thinks about developing as a manager is simple and effective. It gives you the tools and a clear structure. They are able to turn management into a learnable skill, rather than frustrating trial and error game.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to tell about things I dislike about the cooperation with BetterManager. I enjoyed all of it!

I think effective coaching and mentoring requires commitment and an open-minded approach from coachee. Without it, even when working with the best coach will not help in becoming a great manager.

The team helps you with identifying skills and techniques you need to be successful, but developing these skills and techniques requires practice and patience. For example, becoming really good at giving and receiving feedback requires a lot of practice, and even with excellent help, it's often a very tough skill to learn.

There's a ton of different business problems that BetterManagers helps solving:

- effective communication

- passing constructive feedback

- sharing appreciation and recognition

- neuroscience in management

- running great 1on1s

- employee development

- evaluating team dynamics

- building and communicating vision and strategy

- performance management

- working with strengths

and many others

Bianca G.

"Invaluable Partnership"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager provides 1:1 coaching for our management team. They have also provided communication & collaboration workshops for our extended employee group, which is also proving to be incredibly valuable.

What do you like best?

I like that BetterManager feels like a true partnership. Their coaches are top-notch, seasoned professionals who take the time to build quality relationships with our employees, leading to very genuine connections between coach & employee..which leads to incredibly valuable/important work and great results.

What do you dislike?

Get back to me on this :) So far, I cannot think of anything that I dislike about BetterManager.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

If you have hesitant managers (as I did), who are "not sure" they believe in , or want, coaching... Just tell them to trust in this process, partner with BetterManager and let these experts do their thing.. This is an invaluable investment in your employees, your business, and your overall success.

We desperately needed management coaching for our (mostly, very new) managers.. We have a team of young, smart, talented leaders but there was a clear disconnect re: connecting and inspiring their teams.

BetterManager has truly helped out managers to reach their leadership potential and this directly impacts our business in a multitude of ways. The coaching has also helped with employee retention as our managers recognize and appreciate this component of career development and they are very grateful for it.

William A.

"Great Experience"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager was tasked with helping to bring my management skill set to a new level.

What do you like best?

I worked with Wendy during my BetterManager experience. She helped guide me through new management techniques by demonstrating them through our sessions. Her weekly guidance helped me to look at problems from a unique viewpoint. I learned better communication skills and problem solving techniques.

What do you dislike?

I found everything about BetterManager helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Do it you will not regret it.

A main benefit I received from Better manager was the realization that allowing peers and direct reports to find solutions within themselves is much more powerful than finding solutions for them. I learned techniques to help me facilitate this and it has helped me on a daily basis. I would highly recommend BetterManager to anyone looking to add to their management skill tool box..

GC
G2 User in Computer Software

"A Better Version of Me"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I'll admit, I was skeptical when my HRBP & CEO suggested our executives participate in the Better Manager program. I thought, what could they teach me? They don't know our business, our teams, our customers, etc. And what could I possibly learn over the course of 3 months that would impact my leadership style? The truth is, I learned a lot.And it wasn't just about management techniques, more effective ways to run meetings & 1:1s, how to lead by example, etc. Those are of course important pillars to being a Better Manager, but, I think the biggest learning for me was about 'me' and who I wanted to become. Over the course of three months, I was able to analyze the type of leader I had become and the type of leader I truly wanted to be. My Better manager coach (a true rockstar by the way) took the time to get to know me, our business, and my teams. By tailoring her method to me, I was able to quickly trust in her abilities and therefore learn so much more than I had ever imagined.

What do you like best?

I liked that my coach took the time to get to know me. It allowed me to open up and feel more comfortable being vulnerable which ultimately led to a more successful outcome.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say. At times the 30 min - 1 hr sessions didn't feel long enough.

I want to run more effective meetings and 1:1s. I also want to be able to relate to my employees without becoming their friend. How can I build trust without crossing a line. I learned techniques that allowed me tom accomplish all of the above.

Shane S.

"Coaching for Growth - Individual User"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

This has helped me as a manager to better understand team management. Helping others and finding out what really can encompass a management/team relationship.

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Nice to have a 1 on 1 coach that can help me either assess a situation or walk me through best management.

What do you dislike?

The hardest thing I have found is implementing with myself and finding the drive for some of the changes. This doesn't derive so much from the program itself though.

I am solving an individual problem by creating growth for myself and helping to better my career with these skills.

Lori H.

"Remote coaching services."

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Better Manager helped to fulfill individual coaching needs for one of our high level leadership training program participants.

What do you like best?

Better Manager coaches are "professional", "highly qualified" and "engaged me easily", which are some of the comments we have been hearing from the participants. My experience as the program manager has been wonderful. The company has responded to all requests in a very timely fashion, provided monthly reports and accommodated participant requests. I couldn't be happier!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Engage them!

Our client requested individual coaching. Remote coaching is a new method of delivery for us and for them. This comment sums up the client impact: "We want more coaching"!

Lydia B.

"Sr. Art Director | Video — I lead the video team at SurveyMonkey"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

I worked with my better manager to :

-To step into a more directorial role and to feel confident and comfortable owning the expertise I have and pulling resources in where I need them for support.

-Build a stronger team. We now have a clear mission statement and positioning.

-Get better at delegation and managing from balcony—less hands-on management style.

What do you like best?

The personal attention and care that my manager gave to my goals, growth, and interests. She really helped me transform and grow and brought a lot of clarity and understanding to me by asking me to consider things I wouldn't ordinarily pause to think about.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I really disliked about better manager. Sometimes it was hard to schedule time — but that was mainly on my end.

I am leading with more confidence, clarity, and purpose.

Latasha H.

"Amazing Experience with Measurable results!"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

Expanded leader presence and confidence. Enhancing self worth awareness.

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed my experience with my coach Karen. The coaching is very personalized and I appreciate that my coach got to know me both as a person and as a professional.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I disliked about my coaching program.

Recommendations to others considering the provider:

Go for it! Its a great investment if you are looking to grow professionally and want a great coach to partner with.

Taking more initiative, being an advocate for myself, building better relationships.

Prachi S.

"Amazing"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

self worth, being direct with a bow

What do you like best?

ability to share and be coached without judgement involved.

What do you dislike?

I love Britta, I dont disklike anything.

leadership and ability to influence and impact

MC
Manager/Operations in Consumer Electronics

"Amazing Experience with Karen and Better Manager"

Describe the project or task the provider helped with:

BetterManager was assigned to our company to help with executive coaching.

What do you like best?

I loved getting feedback from Karen on how to be a better executive as I talked about what was going on in my world and how I can address certain situations differently.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, Karen was great. She gave amazing feedback.

Communication and collaboration.

Learning about BetterManager?

* We monitor all BetterManager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.