Benchmark Email Reviews & Product Details

Software Developer

" Awesome and tool for email marketing."

What do you like best?

Its nice tool for email marketing campaigns. Its attractive features are responsive and mobile friendly templates which are compittable for any devices. It has lots of other good features also.

What do you dislike?

Almost this tools seems good for email marketing but report generation seems bit complicated. Sometime its hard to understand report generated by this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Surely i would recommend this tool for start-up and newly started companies for email marketing purpose.

We are start up company. So we are using this tool for our email marketing campaign.

What is Benchmark Email?

Benchmark Email allows you to grow, engage and increase sales with your audience thanks to an integrated, automated and complete feature set built to help businesses of any size

Benchmark Email Screenshots

Benchmark Email Reviews

1-25 of 37 total Benchmark Email reviews

Benchmark Email Reviews

1-25 of 37 total Benchmark Email reviews
Odoo has helped my company a lot in the creation of projects and channeling sales.

"The software is easy to use and offers a variety of designs."

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to combine lists, and that the software only accepts a contact (if that contact is already in the combination of the list). In addition we can create and use lists is very simple, especially with the new updates. Adding contacts to lists works well with several options, I tend to upload Excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark. Something easy to use when creating emails: select blocks and design; but the source code is not so easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to take). Using attachments, links and media is easy enough as well. The reports (open, click through etc.) are very good, however, with the new interface, it is not so easy to go back to the original email report (it seems to me that I have to choose again from the list of reports) .

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I can not "forward" emails according to my own schedule (I do not have to wait 1 week after the last shipment). Also, Benchmark DO emails get stuck in Junk Spam Trash Promotions recipients' folders and we must remind you (often) to check your email. Also, by "copying" an email to use it and changing its name as a new email, I do not like the software to select the "old" contact list to send via email. I have sent emails by mistake to lists of old contacts and that was not a good thing in my situation. The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts, but we learned from our mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this great tool because the best part of it is the ability to plan the scope in advance so that our contacts stay 'informed' even when the editor is busy with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and two weekly events, to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-fill weeks before and fill in when necessary at the last minute, or simply let the information come out as scheduled. This platform is very easy to use, it does not require much effort to get up to date on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from, so you do not always have to create something from scratch. I think it's a good value for money, and the support team has been very useful in my experience.

I am satisfied and will continue using Benchmark. I started with a free trial and I upgraded to a paid service. I plan to stay at Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and use it to send special invitations or emails. I used other email marketing programs, I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say that Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn, especially if you have ever used an email marketing program, but like all software programs it has its peculiarities and you learn to deal with them. Unlike other email programs, the reference index allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think Benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay based on the number of records and add the number of emails I send.

Pastor of Worship Arts & Teaching Pastor

"Benchmark has made huge strides in recent months to catch up to mailchimp. So far, so good."

What do you like best?

I've used multiple marketing email clients but Benchmark seems to have more control over the look and feel of an email than the competition. That can be a good thing if you know what you're doing.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for Benchmark can be steep. I've been using Benchmark for a while so I know my way around pretty well, but, it took a while to get up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're confident in your email design skills, then Benchmark will be easy for you to learn. You'll have a lot of control over the look of your emails and have the ability to do just about whatever you want to do.

Benchmarks customer service is stellar. . .the best. Any time I have had a question, day or night, they are there to help. I haven't come across a problem yet that they weren't able to solve. They've helped us increase our open rate as well with their analytic tools.

Publisher
Professional Training & Coaching

"Powerful system, with great prompts and help to get your started."

What do you like best?

I just switched over to these folks recently and they made the transition very easy. The feedback loop from your mailers is good also. With a breakdown of the bad stuff (your bounces and opt-outs with the why) and the opens, not open, and click-throughs. You can start for free, and grow your business with their tools. They also offer several ways to add your contacts, and a lot of templates to choose from for real ease.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I disliked. In fact, the pop-ups in the lower right-hand corner have helped me when I am in a new place wondering hmm wait. It's a very intuitive problem-solving system in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

These guys are a worth a look, and they probably don't show up on your search immediately (they didn't on mine) but I am glad I kept looking for the right fit.

For me it allows me to email about 1,000 clients, from a secure, dependable platform. And I know that they can one click out, which is important to my list integrity.

Graphic Designer

"Benchmark - Great for Mass Emailing"

What do you like best?

I like that you can clone an email to re-customize it for a different target audience. For example, if you have a promotion you want to send out to the clients of several agents, you only have to design the email once and then clone it for each agent. Then, all you have to do from there is change the contact information in the email and change the "send from / reply to " email addresses.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I really dislike about it yet. It offers everything I've needed so far. so I'm able to accomplish all of my tasks with one program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price varies on how many contacts you add, but you can have the same people on multiple lists without paying more. If you aren't sure, definitely do a trial of it and even try it out on small lists so that cost is minimal while you are still trying to figure out if you want to use it.

Emails are easy to personalize, and there are plenty of fields on the contact profiles to use for this feature.

We can use this to email several different types of recipients (vendors, clients and affiliate companies.) What's great about Benchmark is that you can personalize a mass email with any information you store on each individual's profile (name, company, etc.)

Owner, CEO, Lead Master Coach
Professional Training & Coaching

"I love Benchmark"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Uncomplicated. Great customer support. Great value.

When I had a problem with testing emails customer service happily fixed the issues and I was back

What do you dislike?

My emails usually end up in Junk or spam boxes even though I am certain that they are clean of any problems.

It doesn't directly integrate with e-commerce programs. I don't like to having to purchase Zappier when other CRM's integrate automatically.

It also has an issue with Wordpress integration. Email collection plugin is not customizable enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You've got to try Benchmark and see for yourself how easy and intuitive it is to use. My clients love the layouts and modern structure.

Delivers information to my audience and clients on a schedule. I love how easy it is to set up autoresponders.

Marketing Manager

"Great software platform to send out basic e-mail campaigns"

What do you like best?

Very easy to deploy and use. website navigation (menu) is easy and available tools are intuitive. No special trainings are needed as long as you had a little experience with e-mail marketing and html. I like the fact you can upload contacts into a list either in excel or cvs format. Some of other e-mail tools, you need to upload cvs files only. Their service fees are lower than their competitors including mail chimp.

What do you dislike?

You have to enter information (ex. source and last e-mail communication) on new contacts each time when you are uploading them into a list. Their e-mail automation method is very basic. Their e-mail reporting tool is too basic for us to really utilize.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great e-mail system if you are just looking to send out very basic e-mail campaigns.

Sending out quick e-mail campaigns without investing too much resources. It is a nice backup ems.

Response from Daniel Miller of Benchmark Email

Hello Jay,

Thank you for the review! In regards to our automation tools, have you tried our new Automation Pro feature? This tool allows you to create fully automated journeys based on your subscribers behavior. You can trigger emails based on website engagement and previous opens and clicks. This means, if a subscriber visits your website, you can trigger a specific email based on the pages they browsed and continue that journey as they open and click future emails. To try it out, log into your account and look for the "Automation Pro" tool in the top navigation bar.

In regards to our reporting, we would love to hear more about how we could improve this area of our site. Do you have any suggestions or requests for how we can better our reports?

Thank you for using Benchmark and thanks again for the feedback! We appreciate your business and the effort to help us improve.

Assistant Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Serviceable"

What do you like best?

Benchmark is not hard to use and functions much like all other email products I have used

What do you dislike?

I find that Benchmark is not integrated with other services like some of the other email marketers are.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it will connect with the other software you use. We started using Benchmark enough years ago that the sites that integrate with other marketers don't have Benchmark as an option.

We get our emails out and scheduled. People get the information we want to send.

Interior Designer
Design
(Myself Only)

"Easy to use Email Marketing program!"

What do you like best?

Interface is pretty self explanatory and easy to grasp. I don't find it cluttered.with unnecessary options and info like I have with other providers. They have a good overview of statistics and easy to edit templates with different integration options if needed.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to save and edit my own templates with only certain info that gets edited. You can duplicate past emails sent which helps, but an actual template for certain email types would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for users who need an easy interface

I have used for several types of entities, but most recently have been using for a not-for-profit. They allow a free version for NFP which had been great and still is full of the features. The only limits are on number of contacts sent emails. We send out an email newsletter and event notices about 2 times a month to approx 300 contacts which is great.

Executive and Marketing Assistant

"Benchmark Email for Monthly Newsletters"

What do you like best?

I can use previous months as templates for new newsletters, so that it always has a similar layout.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more customization with sizing within the drag-and-drop editor.

My only issue has been keeping my lists up to date - but that is more my problem than theirs. I love the data I get about who has opened and clicked links within emails and the ratings each of my clients has.

Senior Content Strategist
Internet

"Inconsistent Send Times"

What do you like best?

Good, easy to use editor makes building emails super easy.

What do you dislike?

Send times are incredibly inconsistent. Sometimes it will take up to two hours to send an email. So for example, if you're sending a time sensitive email, be sure to schedule it a couple hours earlier than you originally want. I talked with support, and they gave me a couple reasons for this:

-Their servers can only send 20,000 emails per hour (for the entire platform). That means if you're looking to hit your contact database, you're sharing the servers with everyone else. You can apparently pay more $ and get a private server so your send times are consistent.

-Apparently their internal team reviews all emails for spam and broken links, and you have to wait for their reviews to go through.

So overall, Benchmark lacks a core function of any email service provider - SENDING EMAILS WHEN SCHEDULED.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're trying to send time sensitive emails, Benchmark is not the platform for you. Maybe it would work for B2C, but for B2B companies trying to get the correct messaging at the correct time, Benchmark's functionality falls short.

We were hoping to use Benchmark for nurture campaigns, however, it's inconsistent send times made it a failure for us.

Inbound Marketing Strategist
Building Materials

"Email Marketing Services"

What do you like best?

We have been able to use the free version of benchmark which is helpful. When we have tried uploading some of our lists into similar sites, we would just be told the list was rejected. Benchmark actually walks you through some possible problems with the list might have.

What do you dislike?

I personally feel that the actual creation of emails is a little more difficult than other possible tools. Its interface is also a little less robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Benchmark is a great way to start sending marketing related emails. If you have a list larger than 2,000 it will no longer be a free account.

We have been able to use Benchmark to help us clean some lists and also send some successful email campaigns.

"Reliable low cost email service"

What do you like best?

My company had this for a while and it has worked great and did everything you'd expect for email and signup software. We can have people opt in quickly and easily with a series of premade forms or customize a form. We actually just used the basic form with contact fields but you can also add text and colors to customize it and add to your website. Emails can be customized or started with templates so you know contacts are receiving newsletters that are properly formatted.

What do you dislike?

Some of the customization options limited so when we really need to have something look a certain way, the text or spacing might be slightly off and is difficult to fix without coding knowledge. Customer service might not know how to format certain things either.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a popular and reliable software and not very expensive so it's a good starting point. You can use many tools to customize the look of forms and emails. If you want something that can be tailored very precisely though, then this might not be the best option.

Automating contact optins helps save us time and keep us within emailing guidelines. We can get emails out in a timely fashion are create lists for certain contacts and with specific topics so they're more likely to convert. We generally convert more when we send emails.

"Email marketing for ministry use"

What do you like best?

We like being able to use our own custom coded email design. Benchmark serves as the delivery method for our newsletters.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little confusing at times. We wish they allowed custom code in the templates they provide. This would allow us to more quickly create newsletters instead of using our own custom coded emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to use their templates as creating your own custom coded email can be troublesome.

Having a source from which we can send large amounts of email newsletters out from.

Managing Director
Management Consulting

"A Solid Alternative to MailChimp"

What do you like best?

Benchmark is a tool for managing mass emailing. It is great for marketing or for staying in touch with large groups of people via email. The tool makes it relatively easy to create nice looking HTML-based emails. And the tools for managing various mailing lists are quite nice.

What do you dislike?

The pricing plans are a bit complex, and I frequently find myself bumping up against the ceiling of my current plan. I can't justify going to the next plan up, so I have to pare something back. The learning curve was a little steep, but, once I got the hang of it, I was OK.

I doubt Benchmark could do anything about this, but the fact that I have to maintain two copies of a mailing list, one in Benchmark and one in my CRM, is worrisome. What if they get out of synch (and they do frequently)? But there are tools for importing .csv files, so that's how I keep things in synch.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other products out there -- MailChimp being the main competitor -- but I like Benchmark better. Admittedly, part of that may be because I'm now very familiar with it, although we did consider MailChimp when we first were looking for a tool to handle mass emails. Make a matrix of features you're looking for and do a good comparison. Watch out for the complex pricing matrix, too -- there are many ways to buy Benchmark and it really depends on your situation which package is right for you.

We have several mailing lists we use to communicate with large groups of people. Benchmark allows us to maintain our lists (although it isn't integrated with our CRM), design nice emails, and get them sent out. It tracks bounces and returns nicely and lets us get a good sense of which emails are most effective. It even has an A/B test for the email subject line that has yielded some surprising insights for us about what works and what doesn't.

Founder
Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Everything I wanted"

What do you like best?

After reviewing a number of products (most notably MailChimp & AWeber) I selected Benchmark as being the most appropriate for a start-up. Isn't it great when you know you've made the right decision?

I wanted easy design with professional outcome / auto responders with strong analytics / mobile app / list management / accessible support

Benchmark gives me everything I wanted and tons more but the most important thing of all is their absolutely amazing support. One on one handholding when I've needed it, not that it is difficult to use. Sally Beers has been my assigned support contact since day 1 and is excellent at her job.

Highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet - I have yet to use the product to it's fullest - but so far I have not experienced any problems

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't imagine what any other product would give you that would make it a better choice

I am using Benchmark for client lists, sign up forms, autoresponders, email campaigns and surveys.

Response from Daniel Miller of Benchmark Email

Linda,

Thank you for these kind words. We are happy to know our service and tools exceed your needs. Reviews like these fuel our teams all around the world!

Sincerely,

Daniel Miller

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great platform for basic email marketing initiatives"

What do you like best?

Benchmark has a lot of great capabilities and is an easy to use email marketing tool. It's pretty cheap and free to use until your lists grow larger. It's easy to get the job done with and offers excellent customer service. Their online 24/7 chat services are really one of a kind.

What do you dislike?

Very glitchy, doesn't integrate well with social media, doesn't offer advanced reporting capabilities, uploading lists can be a pain, and doesn't offer any interactive templates (gifs, flash, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't have a PMS system to integrate to, massive company budgets or advanced email marketing campaigns - this tool is for you. Extremely budget friendly, easy to use and great customer service.

Our management company oversees 90 different hotels and it's a nice and budget friendly way to run campaigns for all our hotels without spam / cross interference issues. Benchmark also offers an excellent chat / help service which is quite helpful since the job has a lot of turnover.

AH

"Simple Clean Effective Design"

What do you like best?

The steps for creating email campaigns are easy to follow and the Editor for the email campaign is easy to use for someone with no design or coding background. You can either do their Drag and Drop feature or the HTML feature.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike on Benchmark. We've used this tool for a few years now to send our office newsletters.

We have an extensive contact list of partners, students, and parents that we send our email newsletters to. Benchmark helps us declutter our inbox sending these mass emails and help us track the engagement of the emails.

"Powerful Email Marketing Automation Platform‎"

What do you like best?

The visual editor makes it convenient to see the HTML code and live version of the email template you are creating/editing. There's no need to flip flop back and forth with Dreamweaver and other HTML editing tools.

What do you dislike?

The email list management tool can definitely improve and allow for more bulk editing of contacts/search.

Being able to sync up web forms from client websites with Benchmark Email and have never come across syncing issues. We're also able to share our email campaigns easily using Benchmark's social media share tool or short URL.

Sales and Marketing

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

It feels like you can do more customization when setting up an email. I tried the likes of Mailchimp and Campaign Editor but I found them very limited.

What do you dislike?

I wish their much more customization available, like being able to change picture and textbox sizes. Need to add more fonts, not a whole lot available.

Using Benchmark to get us started with our Monthly Newsletter! I love the stat tracking!

Response from Daniel Miller of Benchmark Email

Hello Gavin,

Thank you for the review and feedback!

In regards to the sizes of images and text blocks, please contact our support team ( 800 430 4095 ) when you have time to see if we can help you get the sizes you want. Also, in regards to the fonts, if you use a font that isn't supported by the general email clients they would automatically be replaced by generic ones. This is why we provide "safe fonts" to make sure all browsers and email clients will show your emails as you intended to make them.

We really appreciate that you took the time to give us this feedback and we look forward to providing you with excellent service!

All the best!

Daniel Miller

UW

"One of the best entry level email marketing service provider"

What do you like best?

I really like how benchmark really stepped up their game by offering a free plan for life which really works for a small company like ours. We have up to 2000 contacts a month with advanced features. One thing that really stands out is that benchmark offers free surveys which not other competing services offer.

the template design ux interface is very smooth and easy to drag and drop necessary contents into the campaign.

It is also very easy to incorporate social sharing on top social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter.

I like how there is a video integration but it tends to lag on the loading time.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service phone line is very limited and most of the time you cannot reach them for support.

I also do not like how we cannot track the social media and sales for conversion rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a solid and great email marketing provider for smaller business and even for nonprofits. There are definitely more strengths from this service compared to its competitors by offering more advances features such as free surveys.

Benchmark has provided the best entry level opportunities for small businesses like ours. Some of the benefits we have realized is that there is a good balance of pricing, flexbility in template design and post analytics.

Marketing Director

"Good email marketing system"

What do you like best?

- Good toolset and easy to use on both mobile and desktop. They provide additional service for verifying emails ( with added cost).

What do you dislike?

- There is no easy way to quickly send an email to all the folks who have not opened an email campaign, especially when you do a campaign with A/B testing.

- Email marketing

UP

"Best E-mail Marketing for SMBs"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, responsiveness, interface and price. I switched to Benchmark from Constant Contact two years ago and I love it! It is easy to use and intuitive. The price is great for my SMB clients. I also love the reporting.

What do you dislike?

I love the service but when a list is regected, it is not immediately clear why. Also, I would love to be able to see a separate list with regected emails. One of my clients has a really large list and that would make scrubbing the lists easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely a great solution for SMBs. Tiered pricing model makes it easy to market to lists of all sizes.

Simple to use and cost-effective solution for email marketing. I didn't realize how easy and intuitive it would be.

UA

"New but easy to handle"

What do you like best?

What I like is the simplicity and ability to easily navigate through the program. Some programs I think tend to be harder to find always what you need. With Benchmark I don't see to have as much trouble compared to others.

What do you dislike?

One thing with most programs is what do you need. Like any there are limitations but we would not be using the software or have for certain purposes if it didn't meet expectations. I always recommend finding out what you need first before buying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. For a starter corporation I feel it meets the standards but could evolve into something greater the more users it takes on.

This is great because it allows not only for e-mail marketing as a business perspective for doing outreach but also from the event planning side of things. I find both to work very well with each other. For a smaller company I think this is a great starter software depending on your needs.

UF

"Frustrating formatting"

What do you like best?

As a nonprofit, we are able to use it for free (with the exception of paying for image hosting)

What do you dislike?

Designing the email can be temperamental. It's particularly frustrating that the design (spacing largely) looks different in the editor then in email

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pay for image hosting. If you delete images from your library, the image from the emails that have already been sent will also be deleted.

email marketing

Software Development Engineer

"Good to tool creating responsive and mobile friendly templates for email campaigns."

What do you like best?

Very good tool for creating awesome responsive and mobile friendly email templates for marketing purpose. It provides real time reports for our marketing campaign. Its one of the cool feature that I liked.

What do you dislike?

Bad thing about this tool is, some time it creates spamy templates means when we send email using those templates, email client markes it as spam email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this tool for new marketing campaigns.

We are using this tool for crating email templates for marketing our products.

Benchmark Email Pricing

7.8
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.2*
* Email Marketing Category
Do you work for Benchmark Email?

Benchmark Email Categories on G2