Bellwether Purchasing Software Reviews & Product Details

Procurement Manager
Oil & Energy
What do you like best?

Bellwether Purchasing Software was extremely easy to setup and very easy to change from an administrator level.

Teaching new users was very easy due to the intuitive nature of the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some functions inside EPMX are bandwidth intensive and cause the program to slow down specially in areas with no wifi signal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you are ready to start using Bellwether software make sure you have complete lists of users and part numbers. After original setup the help and support staff are far less inclined to help you through the bulk upload process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bellwether Software has significantly improved the speed of our process and reduced the overall cost per purchase order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bellwether Purchasing Software Overview

What is Bellwether Purchasing Software?

Purchasing Software for Small Business and Mid Market Purchasing Managers. Over the past 34 years we have worked with 1000+ businesses including Massachusetts Dept of Health, Aramark, and Pacific Life to streamline and control purchasing and inventory management by automating the process that results in a minimum of 5-10% annual saving. This could result in $200,000+ savings to help you maximize your profitability! Your staff will gain hundreds of hours back by automating the ineffective manual purchasing and inventory tracking process in place today. - - Easily automate purchasing processes and eliminate paper - - Automate and streamline purchasing processes and save time - - Take control of maverick spending - - No IT needed - - Utilize historical data to leverage vendor pricing - - Rated #1 for usability by over 750 purchasing managers Requistions | Electronic Approvals | Historical Reporting | PO Creation & Conversion | RFQ Management | Receiving - 2 Way Match | Inventory Management | Asset Management | Invoice Matching - 3 Way Match Purchasing automation is made easy with BPM and ePMX by Bellwether!

Bellwether Purchasing Software Details

Powerful, Flexible Procurement Software Soltuions

Bellwether BPM provides mid market companies and small businesses with powerful purchasing automation software usually reserved for much larger organizations. BPM's modular architecture makes it flexible and affordable for SMBs.

Bellwether Software LLC
1985
Louisville, KY
@bellwethercorp
509 Twitter followers

Bellwether Purchasing Software Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Bellwether Purchasing Software community
Have you used Bellwether Purchasing Software before?

Bellwether Purchasing Software Reviews

Showing 22 Bellwether reviews
Already have Bellwether Purchasing Software?
What do you like best?

Organized Catalog that makes ordering material easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I truly dislike, they have always listened to any feedback we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I only order POs for subcontractors to come perform NDE. It makes it easier to communicate and also track jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Bellwether is easy to use for anyone, new or old to the software. They have amazing customer service and are always very helpful any time we need something. I like that it is online so that you can use it anywhere at any time. It works perfectly for our company's purchasing needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only real down fall I've dealt with is due to it being online, sometimes it doesn't function properly, get error messages, etc. Also if our internet happens to be down, you don't really have an option to use it at that time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have centralized all of our purchasing, receiving, and inventory into one place. It has helped our company tremendously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I do the receiving for our company & it is very easy to look up the companies & receive the material Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes once I check the items off that I've received & I hit the receive button it will act like it is going to receive & gives the receiving information but then it does not actually receive the items - I will then have to log off & log back on again then go through the whole motion again & then it finally receives the material Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I contact my company with any problems & they contact Bellwether Purchasing - shortly after that the problems are fixed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Safety Coordinator
What do you like best?

Easy to submit purchase requests &add items. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it a little difficult finding a PO Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Purchase requests Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Coordinator
What do you like best?

The most helpful feature to me is being able to look up specific words to find past purchases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I do wish it was more user friendly. It can become complicated trying to find things in the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows our company to send purchase orders and keep up with all items we receive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Procurement Officer
International Affairs
What do you like best?

Its easy to use and straightforward software that saves time in the process of procuring since comes with powerful tools that automates the whole process.

Its also supported by a variety of devices including phones making it easy to make purchase order and other management practices easily from wherever you are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The monthly subscription fee especially to small entities may be burdensome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fast easy and automated procurement process that is cost effective in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Optimization of procurement process

Inventory management

Service delivery in a cost effective way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Lab Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

Bellwether has been a game changer to help automate all the steps in my company's purchasing processes. Software is very user-friendly and easy to get a hang of. Makes keeping track of vendors really efficient. Also helps in getting the best possible pricing and finding additional discounts. Way less paper requisitions and forms/spreasheet to deal with, so definitely on the environmentally friendly side too. Fast implementation as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything has been amazing ever since we switched. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BPS was ou first automation software implemented, but it truly made a huge impact on the efficiency of our purchasing dept and the company's budget in general. I would definitely recommend it giving it a shot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The whole purchasing process, pricing optimization, record keeping, approval automation, standing orders set-up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
Internet
What do you like best?

I like the fact that hooking up the setup is really quick and that you can add your purchases in a few simple steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the software sometimes is a bit slow to load pages, sometimes even being stuck on pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is recommended for developers and companies who purchase a lot of software or services online and wishes to keep track of them easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am building a photo sharing website and currently developing a mobile app for photo sharing as well. Currently in development stage for keeping track of purchases made while building the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Infrastructure Service Analyst
What do you like best?

The software is more intuitive to use than others available.

You can choose the modules that fit your needs which also keeps costs down as you don't need to purchase more than what you will need and use.

Support and training staff are easy to work with and are willing to do what it takes to get you up and running on the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with any purchasing and asset tracking system, it requires users to take the time to enter in the necessary information; this can be a hurdle to personnel using the system when they feel they don't have the time to properly enter in the data.

There are some glitches to the lookup features and there needs to be a better way to remove incorrect or bad records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to track inventory and assets. Also the ability to enter in contracts and have a central location to enter in that important information and keep track of when contracts will expire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Purchaser/Expeditor
Mining & Metals
What do you like best?

I've been using Bellwether Purchasing Software for almost a year now and so far I'm very pleased with the experience and the options available. My Purchase Orders are a high priority of my job and with this software it really makes part of my job a breeze! I love being able to contact customer service and they are so all very helpful if I have any issues what so ever. The training was also great! I really like having the option of all the reporting systems, you have so many different ways to pull reports, so helpful and all right at your finger tips! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much I really don't dislike, I wish they had more options available when it comes to tracking maintenance on vehicles but that's more personal to our business than others i'm sure. The Asset Manager module needs much improvement like I said, but not sure how much need that is for other businesses, would be excellent for ours. Still like the software though. Ready to continue to use in the upcoming 2016 year! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering using this system, give it a try, you won't be sorry at all! They have excellent reviews and will help answer any and all questions before you even commit to them. I did a ton of research for different software options and this was always at my top, once I did the demo and was a few weeks in to it, i knew myself and the company had made the right decision. I love being a Bellwether Purchasing Software user!!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have such organization now and having this software has benefited our company in many ways. Tracking our budget on all purchases and knowing where and what we have spent, it's all at my finger tips! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Associate
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

The search features and reporting are wonderful! Makes searching for old PO's and traceability very simple and efficient. We also really like the punchout PO and how quickly ordering is with our major supplier. The layout is also very user friendly. I'm able to navigate through a process without a lot of instruction and easily figure it out. The customer support has been awesome as well. They are very responsive and really work on solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In PO entry, when adding a part number, I do not care for the window to pop up. I wish there was a way to allow more than one screen to be in use at a time. When I'm in punchout PO's and have a question about a part that needs to be looked up in the item master, I have to completely back out and look up the information, then redo the entire PO again. If there was an option to open an additional screen, this wouldn't be a problem for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We now have traceability, history, and a defined process in place. It's very nice to have a trusted system in place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

This purchasing software is very user friendly. I have tested many other purchasing software programs and none of them compared to Bellwether in terms of information and ease of use. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for an easy to use software purchasing program. It has many different layers and you only pay for the layers that you need. I use it only for purchasing but there are other features available to use. If I ever have a problem or suggestion I email them and I receive a reply within 24 hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this point I've been using it for over a year and the only thing I can say that I would like changed is to add a job name on the fly. Currently if a job name is not in my system I have to add it first before starting a purchase order. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of never knowing how much of an item we have used over the past year. With this software I can create reports detailing how many of an item were purchased for specific jobs. One of the benefits to me is that I can copy a purchase order and change the job name, etc. because there are many jobs where I need to order the same type of items at different times and it's so easy to copy a previous purchase order and only change the fields that need to be changed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller
Wholesale
What do you like best?

The interface is user-friendly and intuitive, with a simple and clean layout. The response time on moving around is quick and minimum wait-times between clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Brand new refreshed software always has its initial bugs, but customer service has been helpful in responding and addressing concerns immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very helpful team that responds quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been utilizing this software in a non-traditional sense to help facilitate purchases for existing customers. Program is easy to set up and initialize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Controller, Financial Services
Higher Education
What do you like best?

The approval process can be setup by each cost center. Where as a lot of other systems have only one approval workflow for the organization as a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration with other accounting software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solution for companies converting to a procurement system for the first time the software is easy to use and does not take much time to setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reduced our reliance on paper forms and other outdated methods of procurement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

The receiving and inventory management modules are the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unable to export all receipt attachments at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ePMX is a great tool and very easu to use. It tracks all historic purchases and alerts those who need to approve the purchase via email, which is a really nice feature to have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to track our cost and spending with historical reports that ePMX has to offer, This has been a great tool for Altep! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I like that their technology is compatible with our systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

we haven't been able to access any issues at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend their service to any company looking for excellent service and support. They are easy to work with and help with whatever you need assistance with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an electronic purchasing system and Bellwether is who we looked to for answers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support Services
Libraries
What do you like best?

The product itself, though we haven't implemented it yet. The product contains everything that we desire for inventory and ordering. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be a bit tedious, which has delayed us going live. But that is no fault of Bellwether. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We will be saving money and time with the automated ordering . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

The catalogue is the best feature. I like the ability to upload photos and promote standardization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like the punch-out feature to be available now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Centralized purchases. Approval issues. Rogue spending. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The organization of the program and quick report access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cannot print and email PO's from the site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are currently working on upgrading our software to take care of some of our concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

The software is affordable and basic with optional modules so you can purchase only what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When changes are requested or suggested, it can take a long time to see results Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the system for all of our Purchasing needs. We have the following modules:

Purchasing

Receiving

Inventory

Requisitions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IF
What do you like best?

I enjoy working the support staff on the phone or online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Other vendors giving the same type of service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Working with many groups and departments to resolve purchasing issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

web based. fully hosted and no on prem servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

full password sent in clear text via email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

go for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

complex purchasing requirements

punchout Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.