BEE

BEE

4.7

BEE is a free online email editor designed to build responsive layout emails.

Work for BEE?

Learning about BEE?

BEE Reviews

Ask BEE a Question
BEE review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"BEE for Template Creation"

What do you like best?

We have several email marketers on our team that are not advanced in html coding but need the ability to create templates for our sites and emails without bogging down the Digital and Design teams with daily projects. BEE has been a fantastic solution to allow them to work in a sophisticated template creator and subsequently import the coding into our ESP.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could grab the html coding directly from the site vs having to download the html file to get it, but it's a matter of 10 seconds to go that extra step so it isn't a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a product that will help a wide range of content creators and their levels of experience with html and design, BEE is hands-down a winner. We use BEEPro and it has proven a cost-efficient solution.

Email creation for a wide range of html coding expertise. Our less experienced marketers can create their own templates and emails. Additionally we can view shared projects so if more than one person is working on something we can easily access and make edits to the templates as needed.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about BEE
Showing 87 BEE reviews
BEE review by Bruce C.
Bruce C.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about BEE
BEE review by Arman V.
Arman V.

"Great builder to pump out great designs quickly "

What do you like best?

I just love how simple and easy to use BEE really is. I'm not a coder (I truly don't know HTML at all) and I have been able to pump out 100s of marketing emails for my digital marketing clients every week. This is exactly what I was looking for.

What do you dislike?

I think the BEE team should add templates more often. Like recently I wanted to create a Memorial Day newsletter but they didn't have a template for that. So I think on templates we can definitely see more options and it would make our lives so much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create really complex emails, BEE won't be the right product for you. However, if you want to create good looking emails with the best ease of use, then BEE is absolutely perfect for you. Bonus is the integrations with sending platforms so your creative gets loaded instantly without any problems.

The problem I solved was that neither I nor anyone else on my teams had skills or experience in creating HTML emails but with BEE anyone on my team is able to create amazing emails really quickly. With this tool, we have been able to offer email marketing services to our clients and grow the revenue stream of our business!

What Email Template Builder solution do you use?

BEE review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"Easy-to-use drag and drop email newsletter builder"

What do you like best?

BEE makes it easy to build beautiful HTML emails for our university. Although I know HTML, I am able to set up templates for colleagues who don't, and they are able to build very nice looking newsletters. Image management is also a breeze, as they host the images for us. I appreciate the mobile-friendly approach, and that they are always improving the product. Finally, it is affordable.

What do you dislike?

After building the email and exporting the code, I do have to edit the HTML at times to make sure it looks right before I send via Salesforce/TargetX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check it out if you need to build email newsletters, host images for those emails, and then be able to export and send via another product.

We only have a few people in our department who know HTML, but BEE allows those who don't to build nice email newsletters, and manage the content for those. This saves me hours of time and distributes our workload, so that I as a designer and technical person can focus on other projects.

BEE review by Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

We use NetSuite to send out our email campaigns which relies heavily on coding. BEE Pro has let us create amazing emails that look wonderful and we have received compliments from our franchises on the emails.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was an option to save certain things that are used over and over. For instance, my company has multiple brands. If we could set up multiple social media buttons for each brand and choose them from the right as an option to automatically insert that would be amazing! Also, the video function hasn't worked well for us (creating the image with the play button - when the email is sent out the image is chopped up and only links in a small portion of the image).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!

Saves time on trying to work with NetSuite/coding. Now we just build the emails in BEE, copy the HTML and paste.

BEE review by Joey C.
Joey C.

"Simple, quick and easy template design."

What do you like best?

The ability to have the images hosted via Bee and to just keep everything contained within the service is great.

I personally export my emails to HTML and I write a fair chunk of my own HTML in the emails. The designs that are provided are extremely professional and they make it really easy to give a professional look to your brand.

The ability to write your own HTML is great, as there are times when this will be necessary and the support for doing so it great. We use Go for our e-mail service and all our emails contain "template variables". We can easily insert these anywhere in the e-mails and it's a flawless experience.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of functionality to make a truly customized e-mail.

Something like being able to split the email into 12 columns (like a lot of CSS frameworks) would be great so that if we do have to write our own HTML - we can use classes such as "col-8" and "col-4" which would auto-magically stack on mobile if toggled.

I would like the classes the BEE uses to be documented so we can use them ourselves. I would also love to be able to build my own "HTML components" to re-use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need extreme customization, it might not be the best. BEE provides structured templates and content areas for you to build a good email in a simple way. You can write your own HTML inside of BEE and it's mobile-first which is amazingly useful.

I'd absolutely recommend this to most businesses that want to design reliable, good-looking emails.

BEE provides the useful benefit of not having to worry about compatibility across multiple archaic email clients. It's nice to have an interface that handles this all for you.

BEE review by Jeff Y.
Jeff Y.

"Powerful and enjoyable to use"

What do you like best?

This is so much better and easier to use than any of the built in editors of popular email service providers. Using the included templates you can quickly customize an email's look and feel and be off to the races!

What do you dislike?

Hard to find anything not to like - the only thing I could say is that it doesn't directly integrate with Drip who we use for our marketing emails so we have to export the HTML and then put it into Drip manually. Not a big deal but would be neat if that step could be eliminated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to level up the look of your emails, this is the best app for it and is a great value. We've tested many other similar apps and services and BEE wins, hands down for us.

We needed emails that aligned with the look, feel, and caliber of our brand. The way emails were looking with more standard templates weren't up to par, BEE helped us with this!

BEE review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"An amazing email design tool that has saved me HUNDREDS of hours!"

What do you like best?

I love the vast variety of templates that BEE offers to help launch your project fast! I have found a template for almost every need my business has had. Their easy to use drag and drop design tools make it super simple and efficient to put together an email with limited time. I for one, am not the best designer, but with BEE I look like a pro!

What do you dislike?

Although BEE offers many integrations that enable you to export your templates to your email handler, I do wish they offered a solution that enabled users to send the emails to their client lists right from the platform. Also, the ability to remove the branding when sending a test email would be a nice bonus!

I am primarily a back-end web developer. I don't do much design work, and that because I am not great at it. BEE helped solve this issue for me in regards to Email designs when I am tasked with developing one. It saves a TREMENDOUS amount of time for me!

BEE review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"Bee is fantastic email design for non-designers"

What do you like best?

We use an Email provider that provides zero support and you basically have to be a programmer to use it. Although this saves the company tens of thousands per year, I was faced with basically having to learn HTML to make a decent email, and even then they would look terrible. Because BEE lets you use templates, drag and drop sections, and drag and drop individual design units, it's the most flexible design tool with the most style that I have found. I can even import everything into my email provider of choice with zero programming skills.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to import the images. We use Mautic, and I ended up having to use the image hosting option because Mautic would not upload my images. But, the image hosting option is cheap and easy, too.

I wish I could use BEE for email hosting as well.

It would also be nice if I could make other necessary elements, such as landing pages or feedback forms through BEE.

Not having to have a programming and design degree to send nice looking emails.

BEE review by Ellen M.
Ellen M.

"Best Email Builder Around!"

What do you like best?

BEE is simplistic, easy to use and VERY flexible compared to other email builders. You have the ability to add social tags, background images, and export as HTML to use on any email sending platform. I love that we are able to create multiple projects and templates - but my favorite part of using BEE are the AMAZING modern, responsive pre-made email templates that they provide you. There is a template for virtually any reason/use and they are designed to get high open/click rates. Since using BEE we have seen our email opens move from 5% to over 20% - with our best performing email last year getting a 70% open rate. I highly recommend BEE to any marketer looking to find a quick, cost-effective, and easy solution to building beautiful HTML based emails.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have the ability to export emails directly to Pardot! This would allow us to eliminate an extra step of exporting and importing the code to Pardot, and ultimately allow us to insert Pardot variable tags to create targetted messages to our audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT OUT! You will probably be very pleasantly surprised at how easy to use and functional the application is.

We have been able to build beautiful, modern looking emails that function perfectly with our Pardot CRM. We had much higher engagement rates since starting to use BEE - with our highest performing email receiving a 70% open rate.

BEE review by James M.
James M.

"BEE is easy to use and gives you the ability to make great looking responsive emails"

What do you like best?

The amount of templates that are available is a huge help in getting inspiration to create your own template. I find that I utilize the product best when I review the available templates and then use the create new feature to build my own. It is very easy to use and the available content block sections make it so that you can quickly start from scratch and have a beautiful template created in no time. Also the fact that you can define custom fonts (specifically Google Fonts) and then easily use them in a template is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot hide an element on Desktop. Also that you cannot have elements in other elements. There are situations where I would like to have two columns and then in one of the columns have another multi column element. I also wish you could set the pixel width of the columns rather than being forced to use preset sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get in there and try it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

The ability to quickly create and edit responsive emails has been huge.

BEE review by Cale P.
Cale P.

"Saved us thousands of man hours"

What do you like best?

I have zero coding skills and to create emails these days you need that. We have developers, but to take them away from app and web dev for crm was not an option. Enter BEE, and wow did it save time and effort for little to no money. There is even a free version, but we loved the product so much we upgraded the same week. Templates, graphics, you name it BEE has it for you.

What do you dislike?

I would say that if BEE could add how it would look on different browsers and email clients, such as outlook, gmail, etc that would be amazing, because sometimes that can be a slight issue..

Engaging email and design. Before we were sending really bland emails. And while our open rate was high there was very little click through. With BEE we were able to test so many different things very quickly. Beautiful templates and no coding skills needed.

BEE review by Alyssa G.
Alyssa G.

"Simplifies Email Design"

What do you like best?

This product is so versatile and easy to use. It's great for all skill levels. No design experience necessary. Also offered at a great price. Excellent value.

What do you dislike?

Unable to create saved custom modules (custom column widths, content combos). You have to use the ones that come pre-designed and work within that framework. Also, the numbered and bulleted lists don't use the same fonts/font sizes as the text, so we usually use custom HTML, so that the design looks more consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product saves so much time and it's got loads of features to help you up your email game.

We have an email platform that does not natively support responsive design, and you have to know a lot of HTML to really format correctly. BEE makes this process simple. We design the email in BEE, then export the HTML into the email platform, and it's ready to go.

BEE review by Victoria G.
Victoria G.

"100% Recommend for anyone who needs to send newsletters"

What do you like best?

Bee is fantastic - no more worrying about the crazy type of coding required for email clients, no more digging through code to make minor changes. Bee makes it SO EASY to create nice looking custom emails and is a lifesaver - since we added it, we've been able to send out more newsletters than ever due to time saved. The team is also actively upgrading it - it was perfect when I started using it a year ago, and every couple of months the Bee team adds new useful features. I 100% recommend this, especially since you can test it out for free, but I highly recommend to get the paid version as it allows you to save your newsletters online.

Things that I like:

- Drag and drop

- Easy to add different column layouts - example two columns side by side that stack if the email reader is on mobile

- Easy to add normal features in emails like buttons and very easy to change colors and other details

- You can leave your images online!! So you just grab the code from Bee when you are finished

- Easy to "see" newsletters you have sent in the past and search through them - Bee generates a thumbnail of every newsletter you make

- You can easily "copy" a newsletter if you want to make a similar newsletter but just change key details (we use this a lot for our different types of customers)

- Easy to send a "test" version to your email

- You can edit it on the fly. When we get feedback from management about a newsletter, they can literally watch us change it in front of them, instead of having to dig through code to find the line the phrase or image is in

What do you dislike?

Bee originally had some bugs like issues with dragging and dropping and image uploading, but the team upgraded and fixed them and now Bee is so extremely worry-free that I love using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Bee you can test it out for free very easily. I definitely recommend to get the paid version though so you can save your newsletters.

Business Solution: Designing newsletters to thousands of customers on a frequent basis

Benefits: We can send newsletters more frequently AND more different types of newsletters since it is so much faster!

BEE review by Manant M.
Manant M.

"This really is the best email creation tool out there!"

What do you like best?

Friendly interface, possibility to organize templates into folders, and a super fluid drag and drop editor to creat absolutely amazing emails. It is really simple to export in one click to use in any emailing tool you may be using. The tool also has the possibility to push the html code directly into various tools like Mailchimp, Hubspot, etc.

The support guys are also very reactive, and very helpful in case of any issues like integrations, etc.

Pro tip - many other tools out there actually use the Bee Plugin to power their edites: AutopilotHQ, Customer.io for example!

What do you dislike?

Not much really - would have loved to design my landing pages using the tool, but sadly that's not what the tool is meant for!

Being able to create beautiful emails without writing a line of code!

BEE review by Bryce W.
Bryce W.

"So Easy To Use!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple the drag and drop builder is. The design potential is endless. The third party integrations are the icing on the cake.

What do you dislike?

Some integration issues with Mailchimp. Some formatting comes in funky as ?'s throughout the body of the email. I've reached out to support and haven't gotten the most thrilling of support to figure it out. I have disconnected and reconnected the service integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make BEE part of your work-flow and you won't be sorry! It's intuitive and browser based app is so easy to use!

Utilizing bee and mailchimp as the ultimate combo as helped us with our analytics and generating dynamic content that people want to open. Since switching to BEE, our open rate has gone up!

BEE review by Sara K.
Sara K.

"So far one of the best email building tools I've used"

What do you like best?

Bee has a much more fluid layout capability than the standard MailChimp layouts are capable of. You can move modules around and have just a little more customization with text, layout etc. I also like that they are implementing a more streamline process to get the templates into MailChimp.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was further customization yet with the layout and how large the font will go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for going a step up from MailChimp, but also be sure you can export it into a compatible format for whatever mail server you are using.

I'm creating more on-brand emails with the content laid out more to our needs. This is hugely beneficial so that our company emails aren't bland and off-putting to our customer.

BEE review by Emma S.
Emma S.

"Great Online Email Editor"

What do you like best?

BeeFree is a world-class email template builder that comes with a lot of features to help you build mobile-friendly newsletters with high definition and beautiful displays on most devices. it is user-friendly. They have great customer support as well. It is just great

What do you dislike?

BeeFree pro is a little expensive. The free version offers great features so I really do not see why the Pro should be that expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great email template builder. Also awesome for transactional emails. You should have it too

With BeeFree, building world-class email templates has never been easier. It has responsive web design. In addition to that, I always enjoy their free tutorials and blog posts on design every week

BEE review by User

"Quick and intuitive - Dependable"

What do you like best?

We were using a different email designer last year and the code would frequently break in our client's email system or within our CRM. BEE has been dependable since day one. The user interface and designer tools are intuitive and the options have allowed us to redesign and innovate with ease.

What do you dislike?

We look forward to new feature roll-outs, many that have satisfied features we would have wanted. Currently, we would like to see additional filtering options for images.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! You don't need robust experience with HTML or email design. After a few emails you'll be a pro!

As a higher education institution, we use BEE to send hundreds-of-thousands of emails each year. Our CRM does not have a drag-and-drop email designer, so BEE allows us to create fantastic emails with relative ease and does not force us to hire a developer or know code to innovate.

BEE review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"I don't know how we found BEE but it saves us so much time. "

What do you like best?

I love that we can design all of our content, keep it organized, and updated as needed all from one source. The builder is nicer than Mailchimp's, and the formatting is consistent across virtually every platform we've checked it against so our email designs look like they should.

What do you dislike?

Managing elements (which we host) means we have to develop a workflow. Being able to link to our image rep so that we don't have to manually insert image links would be nice. Still - not a huge problem.

We send email from three different platforms so having a single tool that allows us to design for all three without error saves a ton of time and frustration.

BEE review by Agency
Agency

"It is intuitive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to design as I need to. Without using any code.

What do you dislike?

There some littles glitches, nothing major, but sometimes it keeps the text with links underlined even if I have specified not to. In these cases, I make a new block and it is ok. It feels like there is a bit of code that stays stuck, somewhere.

I like to use it to design mail signatures, but there is always a margin on the left. I would like it to stay fixed at the left side.

I would LOVE to have a «undo» feature, as it such a natural go to option for a designer.

I can design newsletters for myself or for my clients without using code. With the flexibility I need to follow certain establish design guidelines. In the end it looks personalized. And I can export the files so that the clients can integrate them to their system.

More and more clients want an interactive, personalized email signatures. It is the easiest solution I have found so far.

BEE review by User

"Great addition to HTML Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and implement. Even able to train other staff very easily to update newsletters and export to our mass email program. I like it because salesforce has a useless basic mass email template creator, so I use Beefree instead and just drop the html in. Also, Beefree's auto-save is legit the best. Unbeatable. Price for an on-top solution is totally worth it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it hangs up on photo edits and it can be a smidge glitchy with text formatting, but I'm being really picky, b/c it's worlds easier than writing in html.

Recommendations to others considering the product

!! I cannot reccommend this product and price point enough. It's the perfect price point for an on-top solution for mass emails. It's so easy that it saves time on every email send because I don't struggle with building the email I really want. I can showcase our company at its best on even simple emails.

Delegating newsletters to a staff member is so awesome. Great templates that customers love and super-customization for all sorts of uses.

BEE review by Paul F.
Paul F.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

BeeFree is a really nice application. It is an elite email design tool for our marketing and sales department. It is easy to use. They have an elite team of customer-friendly individuals in their customer support desk. In addition to that, they offer weekly free tutorials and blog posts on design

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes for BeeFree. The product works well

Recommendations to others considering the product

BeeFree has a nice mix of features that makes it great to have. You should use it too

It is a great Email Template Builder. It has helped to grow our business with the kind of features it has. We use it well enough

BEE review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"BEE for Template Creation"

BEE review by Candace A.
Candace A.

"Best email program out there"

What do you like best?

I looked for a long time for a program to meet my needs. Bee is the best because it’s easy to use, so many templates to use as a guide & it’s unique. I can save my own Bee created templates & the price is unbeatable.

What do you dislike?

Not enough seasonal templates. I really do not dislike anything. It really is amazing for what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great if you want your emails to look professional.

I have to keep up with real estate land subdivisions on a weekly basis. Bee helps me keep them all organized & updated quickly & efficiently.

BEE review by Daniel G.
Daniel G.

"Excellent tool for professional mails"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about BEE is that it is easy to use, online and free. Bee has many templates to customize your emails and its interface is quite intuitive which makes it easy to create your emails but this does not mean that emails are not professional. It is a very useful tool to create more serious emails for partners, customers or suppliers. In addition, it has a good customer service that solves doubts and attends to your proposals and ideas to improve the tool.

What do you dislike?

The only negative is that the free version can be very limited. For example, it does not allow you to save the design of your mail online, you have to download it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying this tool if you want to create emails that catch the attention of the receiver. You can do it cheaply, quickly and without having much knowledge in design. It is ideal for small companies that need to save budget in programs of this type. If you like to use it, you can get the full version.

The tool is called Mailup actually.

BEE has helped me create professional, eye-catching and responsive emails without having much design knowledge of emails. In addition, you can do them quickly and easily.

BEE review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"The Best email designer tool going"

What do you like best?

I have used them all and I can't say enough good things about Bee. Interface is simple and very intuitive. Most importantly their code passes all the tests. Their code works on all devices, all clients. Export is a breeze. I would be very sad if I should ever lose access to the Bee. And the price is well below it's worth.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth mentioning honestly. Nothing worth mentioning honestly.Nothing worth mentioning honestly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time with others. Bee works. Period.

Email communications that work on all devices and all clients. Easy export to our system.

BEE review by User

"Great tool for easily creating email templates"

What do you like best?

I love the huge variety of sample templates offered which allow you to easily tweak a design as opposed to building something from scratch. There is also a ton you can play around with even in their free tier which is appreciated.

What do you dislike?

While the drag and drop editor can be easy to use, it's sometimes frustrating getting certain images and text blocks to line up in the finished email. The content blocks can be somewhat rigid at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth playing around with to see if it suits your needs!

BEE allows us to spend more time on the content of our internal newsletters by providing beautiful out-of-the-box templates that we can simply tweak. This ensures the content of the message is more likely to be read and reviewed.

BEE review by Chukwuemeka A.
Chukwuemeka A.

"An amazing online application "

What do you like best?

the support service and the call to book feature

What do you dislike?

Not being able to modify newsletters in responsive view

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know some would prefer the conventional way of doing newsletters by building from the scratch. i implore not to view this review as some marketing stunt and give BEE a try. as it has greatly improved our delivery time, saved money and greatly improved the way we do newsletters.

We've been able to solve customer engagement to website and currently working on engagements to our social media pages

"Its just so easy"

What do you like best?

The price plus its capabilities...easy to use drag and drop interface. Great selection of templates and blocks. Its just a no brainer!

What do you dislike?

I do wish that subscribtions did come with image hosting. I really do not need it however it would save a little time not having to host the image myself and then add it to the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use and mobile responsive email editor, this is a wonderful tool. No download required, I can work on it anywhere that I have internet connection.

The email marketing tool we use to send emails had a horrible HTML editor with its product. BEE has given us beautiful content and more interaction with our customers and prospects.

BEE review by User in Computer Software

"If you need a quality responsive builder tool - this is it."

What do you like best?

I have used BeePro in a few roles now to build SOLID, responsive, good looking emails. I have easily imported the HTML into Marketo and Hubspot, and it's performed flawlessly. I was able to hand it to my content writer (read, no layout experience) and she was able to create her own Newsletters from beginning to end with just a 20 min overview of how it works.

What do you dislike?

There are a few items that needs some fixing after download (social icons - since they are embedded in the tool, they have to be manually replaced), backgrounds for outlook would be awesome) but even with these extra steps, BeePro allows me to deliver quality email content without a developer and outside the automation WYSIWYGs that are severely lacking (looking at you Marketo).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a developer - and know the most basic HTML - BeePro is a miracle worker.

Creating quality responsive emails that I then import as HTML into my automation tools.

BEE review by Kyle P.
Kyle P.

"Best Email Editor Out There "

What do you like best?

BeeFree makes it super easy to create professional looking emails. The ability to export quickly to my preferred mail client of choice is huge and the fact they take care of all of the crappy Outlook/MS Office code for me is HUGE.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to create more projects than I can at my current price point

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it now!

Saving time by not hand coding templates, while building better templates than any email sending tool offers

BEE review by Administrator

"Excllent. Clean. Easy. Exports too!"

What do you like best?

Create and export the html with images, our #1 need. Very easy to use your templates and then personalize or creatively adjust.

What do you dislike?

Dislike? Nothing. We do really need team level for 2-3 users, granted $0 - please. Other Suggestions: we could use the ability to insert specific other fonts! Direct "send" connection from Bee our Bronto or NetSuite email service.

Quality/reflexive e-communications, and newsletters are a cornerstone of our 501c3 relationships. Staff are incapable of creating these without your simple creative tool, and export the final product to our bulk email service (NetSuite and Bronto). Without Bee only 1 person had the skills, so Bee has opened up this essential to more staff now. Thank you.

BEE review by Emanuele P.
Emanuele P.

"Best email blast builder on the market"

What do you like best?

Bee has great templates, easy to use, the code is clean and it also offer image hosting. For free. The interface is really neat and helps everyone at every level to build their responsive emails.

What do you dislike?

I am not really a big fan of the global UX of the platform, but it doesn't bug me much anymore after some practice. I would love to have more templates available as a start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend using it if looking for a fast and very cheap solution to build small html pages or email blast.

I am building responsive email blast for marketing purposes, I also used it to create custom HTML templates for landing pages, loading pages, and generally speaking most of the common html code for simple uses.

"SO practical. "

What do you like best?

Everything is easy!

Drag and drop features and also ready to use templates make it so unbelievably easy if you, like me, used to build HTML templates from SCRATCH!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things do not align as you wish, but most of the time it can be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will simply your life, trust me. Not only are templates easy to use, but everything can be so well organized within the product. You can easily duplicate templates, also, which is a super practical feature. They also have several options for export which is helpful. The testing features are also practical. You can see what your template looks like on mobile vs desktop. Very useful for email marketing campaigns. I've used this previously at my other job, and brought it with me at my new job. I find it is the easiest tool to use to build newsletters!

We have used BEE to send out communicative newsletters via email to the company where before no one had truly access to information. It has helped shed light on a lot of internal issues and questions/conversations arose from these newsletters.

BEE review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Bee Email Review"

What do you like best?

Very easy visual editor. Easy to export and upload back into CRM.

What do you dislike?

Add more image bundles / editable features to add to the email. The more options the better on creating visually impactful emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize any trial. And try the export feature. The integration to other CRM systems seem very easy to use.

We build emails in BeePro and then export to Pardot for better visual email communication.

BEE review by Miles O.
Miles O.

"Director of Marketing"

What do you like best?

Bee is pretty easy to use. We're a mid size company & don't have the budget to get coders. We were previously using an imaged based email. When we ran our monthly retention email promo code, we got a 4x's higher return right out of the gate. If you are in need of a cost effective HTML solution, this is great.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be clunky at times. It doesn't do everything I want, but it's a huge improvement over what we did do.

"Al Beefree Review"

What do you like best?

Beefree has helped us ramp up our email game. Before bee free, we would send emails in the forms of pictures. Now we can make fully customizable email templates without knowing HTML.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I can think of to dislike beefree is that there are not many new templates. We wish they would add new templates weekly or monthly to keep things fresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them to develop email blasts that will improve your email game.

We are getting a better response rate on emails while using Bee free. It's great that we can export the emails directly to mail chimp too.

BEE review by Eliana S.
Eliana S.

"Easy, customizable templates"

What do you like best?

Bee makes it super easy to create HTML templates for email campaigns. As someone with minimal knowledge about HTML, i don't have to look at more code than i can handle! This site rocks.

What do you dislike?

Managing my current projects is not completely user-friendly, but it's manageable.

This service takes out the need for coding custom email HTML, and ultimately helps me save time when deploying email campaigns.

BEE review by Jack F.
Jack F.

"Excellent tool for managing campaigns"

What do you like best?

One of the best tools is the library that you build. Being able to manage all my clients campaigns through a color coded folder system is incredibly useful.

What do you dislike?

Not much. If you compare this tool to its competitors it’s hands down the best email builder. Maybe some more robust preview systems, but other than that not much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try. For managing branded campaigns it’s awesome. Also the proofing is super easy.

It takes the guesswork out of how my email will be displayed. The tool is incredibly robust across different platforms.

BEE review by User

"Huge time saver and frustration reliever"

What do you like best?

In my work, I send out large email marketing campaigns and the service we use is not set up for email design. The rudimentary tools have literally driven me to tears and wasted countless hours. BEEfreeio has been a frustration reliever. It's super easy and flexible and streamlines the process of importing the design. As a human factors engineer, I can be pretty picky about interface design but this product is pleasing and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything that I dislike thus far.

I am able to create much nicer looking emails for our clients!

BEE review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Easy to use and lots of value"

What do you like best?

Editor is intuitive and email render perfectly every time. Really like the ready-to-go templates and the ability store images online

What do you dislike?

I'd like to have a URL builder included and a better way to manage links

Creating professional looking marketing emails to communicate with out database. It's allowed us to avoid hiring costly marketing companies to create these emails for us.

BEE review by User

"Email Design/Coding for Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility to set up different layouts and that it is automatically mobile friendly.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more options for mobile stacking, substituting images for mobile, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to have an understanding of basic HTML coding so that you can get into the code and fine tune anything that needs it. There usually isn't much, but you can really improve upon the overall look and functionality if you can do this after downloading the code.

We have significantly cut down on the time it takes for an email to be created.

BEE review by Harry G.
Harry G.

"Great for designers with less html knowledge"

What do you like best?

The easily understandable user interface and multi-project folders - allows for easy template creation and management of work for multiple clients.

What do you dislike?

The inability to export html emails as they are named and lack of bulk export functionality.

Bee has sped up the process of taking html emails from concept to live working environments.

BEE review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"I Bee therefore I create"

What do you like best?

Simple interface and process to build responsive emails.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve, not a clear path to understanding of how to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can do more than email and integrates with MailChimp nicely. Has saved us hours of time, saved money and we don't need freelance programmers.

Responsive email designs in realtime without the days and weeks to perfect code.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

All its features and functions are easily understood by users at any level so thereʼs no learning curve or training involved.

What do you dislike?

Its lack of advanced capabilities, but thatʼs just coming from an advanced user who share the service with a team including novice users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Design email campaigns quick and easy, but itʼs just a builder. It doesnʼt include Litmus simulator testing or deployment service.

Email marketing campaign building speed. Its easy-to-use builder makes sharing and collaborating fast and seamless with the source code fairly universal to different email clients.

BEE review by Ashton C.
Ashton C.

"Awesome software. Highly recommend!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use, but the emails I am able to create look great.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I don't like about Bee!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to learn and adds so much value to email marketing.

Our email CRM provides limited options for building emails. Bee allows us to build much more visually appealing emails.

BEE review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"Fantastic html email builder!"

What do you like best?

Easy to design, easy to download the html code.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize the mobile view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version to get a hang of how it works, then you can upgrade in order to save past projects.

I am easily able to pump out beautifully designed emails for clients without needing to code every thing.

BEE review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Best Email Designing Applicaiton"

What do you like best?

Don't need to learn coding. Just drag and drop and change styling.

What do you dislike?

Wish, it has robust mobile/desktop/tablet layout options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best if you want to save time!

Email Marketing. It used to take me 3 hours to code not it only takes 1 hour to design. Time saving.

BEE review by Daniel H.
Daniel H.

"Beefree is Email Design Headache Relief"

What do you like best?

I love that Beefree is drag and drop OR designer/css friendly, giving padding options, etc. yet spits out code that respects responsive requirements.

What do you dislike?

Only a few minor hangups getting a design from the free version into the paid upgrade account, but quickly solved by support.

Beefree saved me a ton of time producing a responsive email template design.

BEE review by Ted M.
Ted M.

"Excellent online email development tool"

What do you like best?

It was extremely easy to develop a responsive HTML email for passing off to a mail provider. I hadn't developed email outside of a mail platform before and was unsure where to start. It was the second tool I tried, and worked wonderfully. Downloading the file was a breeze as was passing it off.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to save my design in the free version, but not a big deal. Downloading it allowed me to make any last minute tweaks.

needed an HTML email to provide to a 3rd party. BEE made the development of a responsive email easy.

Learn more about BEE

BEE Videos

Learning about BEE?

* We monitor all BEE reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.