BatchGeo Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

It is very easy to upload a sizable number of locations and geomap by any number of fields that are uploaded. This really help me visualize how to clean up sales territories that are overlapping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike but I don't use the software extensively. I am sure there are more features I haven't used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great free option for geomapping, but if you have a lot of addresses to map you will need to purchase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to create clean delineations of sales territories. I often sort by zip code to see where a new territory could possibly be created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

BatchGeo Overview

What is BatchGeo?

BatchGeo is the easiest way to get your list of addresses on a map. Since 2006 BatchGeo has hosted millions of maps for Fortune 50 companies, non-profits, and individuals. The idea behind BatchGeo is most geographic data is stored in some sort of spreadsheet, list, or simple table (ex: Excel, CSV, Google Spreadsheets, etc.) So its optimized for those formats, making it super easy to drag in or copy/paste your tabular data into a map. Once your data is mapped the real fun begins. Your data points are spread out on an easy to navigate Google Map. Data can be color coded by groups or ranges, or even heat mapped. If routing is what you are interested in, BatchGeo can give you optimized routes for up to 23 points at a time. This ensures you don't waste time when visiting your customers. Finally, if you want to share your map it's easy to do. You can choose if your map is to be secured (password protected) or generally available to the public. BatchGeo can even be used for a store locator for your website.

BatchGeo Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified)

BatchGeo is a free service that lets you create maps.

With BatchGeo the primary focus has always been on usability. What good are all those nifty mapping features if you don't know how to use them?

BatchGeo
VANCOUVER, Washington
@batchgeo
601 Twitter followers

BatchGeo

BatchGeo Videos

BatchGeo Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BatchGeo community
Have you used BatchGeo before?

BatchGeo Reviews

Showing 675 BatchGeo reviews
Already have BatchGeo?
Consultant, Social worker and amateur genealogist
What do you like best?

World-wide maps!!!! This is my favorite aspect of it. I can use it at work and home for all types of projects and I’m not always super adept an using technology, but BatchGeo has made it so easy even a novice like me can do it with no problems.

The ease of entry of data and the conversion to map is sensational. The whole set up and system is Super easy for poems of any skill level to use. The ability to navigate through the steps needed to create a batch is simple and the readability of the content and final geomap are huge pluses.

I also do like the reminders if a batch is going to expire but would prefer that they just stay active. I would recommend to anyone who is interested in gathering and compiling data in this visual spatial manner should give it a try. Overall, it I visually appealing, easy to explain to others and hits the mark on every criteria I needed for my projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I don’t like it that the maps expire and need to be renewed.

I have not found any real downsides to using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it at work for demographical breakdowns of socioeconomic data and based on other aspects of key criteria in my research and it plots this data I’ve gotten from from particular neighborhoods into the map of our city. It is easy to add to the data sets or an age them altogether.

The access to worldwide maps make it fun and the representative geographical distances a cinch to visualize. It has all become so easy to navigate through using the BatchGeo. It covers everything from current data to historical representation of addresses or locations. It can be used to map historical locations and addresses on a current map. Groups of social, demographical data are easy to enter and can then be easily represented on the maps for an entire city.

It’s brought the world to life for me in many respects. It’s very helpful for my research both at work and at home.

It can also be used at a personal level for genealogical work to follow a family history trail or documentation of where family members were born in reaction to one another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Education/Administration Pastor
What do you like best?

I use BatchGeo to visualize where our church members live. I've done this for the full church membership, for small groups, and for age groups. I like the ability to batch upload data instead of having to enter each individual. I recently discovered the Cluster View and have found that really helpful to see where we can group, for example, young married adults geographically for home Bible studies. I'm also able to share maps with others and, in fact, I just shared BatchGeo with our Missions Pastor and he was excited about this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only thing that I've found that I dislike is the cost of the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I touched on this in the "What do you like best?" section, but the ability to use the Cluster View to see at a glance where we can logically locate home groups helps us solve a problem that would otherwise require tedious manual manipulation of map data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Special Projects
What do you like best?

I like that I can upload my data in different formats. I also like that I can change the way the data is displayed without much effort. It is a software that is simple enough for beginners but technical enough to use in real life applications. In contrast to ARCGIS, and many other online mapping applications BatchGeo does not require a large background in mapping skills to make beautiful and user friendly maps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Manipulating the source data once it is entered does not seem to be something I can do. I have found that I have to manipulate the original datasource and then reupload it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As long as you have a small knowledge of mapping, this is the program to use for a variety of datasets. No need to understand or play with rasterization or vectors. Really simple platform that delivers professional quality Maps for a variety of purposes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use BatchGeo to map food deserts and can use a multitude of variables to quickly make a map that has purpose and is easy for the general public or shareholders to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

the app is easy to use, functional, allows to display most of the data in the map. Graphically is well done. I can analyze the routes to make my trips for visiting prospects more effective, not wasting time and lowering fuel costs.

i also like to have the info with me when i travel, can see it in a notebook for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

some addresses are not displayed, but not sure if the program fails, or not enought data for the app to understand. But most of the addresses i uploadede were acknowledged by the system.

no other comments that i dislike to mention here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you need to optimize trips for visiting customers for example, or need to look where your clients are, for designing marketing events, etc, is a great tool to use.

before i use to mark on a map in the wall the info, now i use this kind of software, that can be seen online anywhere

fast to load info, precise, and easy to look at the info.

the web page is well designed, easily you can understand how to use it, where you should load the info, how to save and zoom in and out the maps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

to organize a trip to visit prospects, allows to save time, as i mentioned above it allows me to save time on trips, be on time to visits and reduce fuel and hotel costs reducing days of visits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

Very easy to import large amounts of data and have it processed into a mapping tool that can be shared to collaborate with teams of people. It is user friendly and intuitive. There is virtually no learning curve and even those who are less than computer savvy can be taught to use it effectively. The link works on virtually any online platform which makes it flexible and adaptable to the various digital equipment that exists and ultimately available to help the people on the other end of the line who are supporting our business ventures. I would recommend BatchGeo to anyone who needs to map numerous locations. I truly believe it would help catapult businesses who coordinate hundreds, and even thousands, of mapping data points into the 21st century business world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing about this tool I dislike. I cannot think of any improvements that would make this tool more attractive for businesses that need a mapping tool for large amounts of data. If anything, I would always appreciate a price reduction for tools of this nature as costs continue to rise in every industry, cutting into profits in such difficult times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a project that required 16,000 locations throughout the United States and Batch Geo was not only able to process that data in a timely way but also create a format for tracking progress on that data into a visual tool that simplified the project and helped to communicate that progress to a team of collaborators. BatchGeo has significantly reduced time and effort, increased productivity, and cut down on problems as a result of bad data. Being able to share maps with the click of a button (hyperlink) by emailing it to large groups of on site workers throughout the country has given our company a light speed jump forward and an edge on our competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

It is super easy to upload data and get them mapped. Embedding the maps is also easy and pain free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite pricey for what you get - not much in the way of extra functionality. For example it would be good to be able to show what products each distributor on the map stocks. Or if you could focus on certain areas onload or if you could highlight certain distributors over others. The addresses listed below the maps could be better positioned - perhaps dynamic so they appear next to the map when you search a certain area or postcode. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is super easy to setup and use - however if you want highly customizable features you may want to look elsewhere or to a developer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have multiple distributors over the world. This lists them all in a easy to navigate map for our international clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales engineer
What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add locations from a spreadsheet with address data automatically located on a map. The ability to calculate distance and color code based on attribute is nice. I like that maps can be shared through a link. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice to have a clean image export of the map and pins. Would also like to have a way to find distance from closest reference point - say there are three reference locations and I want to know how far every other location is to their closest reference location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it for visualizing address information on a map. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mapping buildings that require servicing, which can be all over NSW. It is useful to visualize where buildings are on a map so that I can look at human resourcing requirements and distance to be travelled from closest office. This tool saves time and helps communicate visually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Property Manager
What do you like best?

I have been happy to use the upload options to quickly upload and map several locations. The options to group and color code various pins and review the map in that way is also helpful. And a lot of ability to narrow down the data fields and select the right ones for the information needed to map. That is much more user friendly than other mapping software that requires the data in a very specific format and requires more upfront data manipulation. With BatchGeo, I can upload the source data and then select which fields should be used/ignored Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes an error mapping drops the pin in the center of the zip code without a notification that the location wasn't properly mapped. Alternatively, some pins will drop on the other side of the globe despite the zip code being present in the data upload, again, there is not a notification of the error when these are improperly mapped. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. It is very easy to start and there are a lot of options for customization to get the software to work best for your needs. Just pick a data file with location information to start from and upload it in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We map out locations we need to visit for inspections to see where they are and where there are clusters and outliers to help plan a route. We have used other software for route mapping, but it doesn't handle the clusters as well and can have us driving in circles. BatchGeo helps us see where there are groupings and hit each location before we leave that area. We can also use the color coding features to help visualize priority stops on our routes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Professional Learning & Instructional Design
What do you like best?

The cut and paste ease of entering data. Allowing users to be able to bring data in from existing spreadsheets has made a world of difference in the ease of using BatchGeo. Our project location maps for the state board of education looked professional and took minimal staff time and resources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Free version has some limitations on grouping. The overall interface is moderately intuitive and only took me about 2 hours to work with my data within the BatchGeo platform to get the map that we wanted with site groupings and differentiated regional groups by color. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. It will give you a great map for very little time and effort. My experience with BatchGeo has met our companies needs and I believe it's a product that would provide an excellent return on your investment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are implementing a statewide initiative that covers thousands of schools and to map our existing schools is growing exponentially every few months. So we needed to be able to update a state map that can be built and updated quickly with minimal staff time and other costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing consultant
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use! In view minutes you can create a complete map that shows places and details. I liked all the features, in a short time I was able to prepare a map with relevant point and share it with a lot of people. Everyone was satisfied by the map that I gave to them. I was also able to work with a team sharing info and creating a complete excel that we uploaded on the platform to have a complete map for our project. Moreover we were able to modify the map even after the import so we have changed colors and other features to make te map easier to read by the customers. We had a lot of details for every place but batchgeo was great and on every pin on the map the people were able to see all the information that day need to know. So the tool have done exactly what we needed, starting from an excel easy to prepare. We are happy to have found a tool like Batchgeo and we will use it again in the next projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is quite perfect, I think that the layout of the platform could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to use, you can shared your maps with the places you have chosen and add details and different color to every place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used it for an important project and I shared the maps with thousands of people..everyone was satisfied..thank you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Advancement Operations
What do you like best?

I really like that you could create maps with lots of information that can be organized and filtered and then shared. I liked how I could give them lots of fields and be able to have that information on each pin and that I could group pins and turn groups on and off so I could find drill down to the specific information that I needed or that my representatives could get to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found the limits on the free version to be too much for me. I had to keep breaking up my maps and that became cumbersome. I also did not like that sometimes I had to reinput the data and start back over after customizing so much. This may have been a feature in the paid version, but I didn't explore that. I found that Google Maps has a way to get more information into it. I think the limit is 2000. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a smaller number and you don't feel up to submitting things to Google Maps, this is a good option for you. I like that the maps expire so your information is not really just always available. Be sure that your data is organized the way you need it before copy and paste. You also need to think about your grouping of data and make sure the data there is discreet so you can group them better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed to provide snapshots of information about where people were located across a large geographical area. This helped me realize that we need to use maps more and more to visualize where people are so we can better cluster our efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Relationship Manager
What do you like best?

BatchGEO makes it super easy to import data, just copy and paste, to create maps. You can fully customize the map features and data labels. You can even have the coder calculate straight line distances from your starting point, which is super helpful for my job. You can also bucket addresses into groups and customize different color markers for each group. It geocodes fast and sends the map link right to your email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are limits on the amount of data you can import, that may only be for the free version though. It will also occasionally misplace an address, but that's usually due to an issue with the address name not matching google maps. It usually does a pretty good job finding it even if it doesn't match perfectly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating comp maps for commercial real estate lending/investment. Also makes it quick and easy to calculate distances for large sets from a certain starting point or subject property. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Operations
What do you like best?

BatchGeo makes it very easy for us to easily see service locations in a city or neighborhood for my service company. This has helped us make our service routes more efficient. It also helps target our marketing and helps us see where we can focus efforts to grow routes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we have ran into is a few of our locations can't be found. I think some of those are on really new streets and others may be from errors with the data we are trying to import. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were having some issues with some of our service professionals spending a lot of time behind the windshield and not at service stops. With Batch Geo we have ben able to greatly reduce the windshield time of the professionals and make their workday more productive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Information Technology & Marketing
What do you like best?

As a real estate firm, we used to use Microsoft MapPoint which was great software however over time it has become outdated and is no longer in use. The ability to quickly upload large amounts of data and have Batchgeo correctly parse it and map it out has been invaluable. One of the biggest differences with BatchGeo vs. the products we previously used is the ease of which we can share data with others. No more proprietary software or file formats. Anyone can easily access the data and the ease of use from the backend standpoint is also great.BatchGeo recently updated their pricing tiers which are awesome! BatchGeos support has also been very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While it's certainly not a deal-breaker it would be great to be able to use other map sources. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For our marketing and recruiting purposes, BatchGeo has been invaluable in visualizing our locations, employees, and customers on maps and being able to drill down the data to a point where we can make educated business decisions. When we share maps, due to BatchGeos easy to use interface it's made sharing map data very easy and interactive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

Having used BatchGeo for over a decade it's continued to improve the ease of use and depth of data diving. I enjoy putting complete Excel tables into the mapper and then seeing the data in a geographical space. I've used this tool to plan marketing and sales strategies, to improve our transportation routes, to assist with scheduling so we group projects together using heat maps, and also sharing with others who need access to the information in the dimension of geo-targeting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had significant issues using the tool. The maps do expire after a period of time which sometimes I wish they wouldn't, but I've just regenerated the map using the same data table as a work around. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend the time needed to get familiar with all the filters as they unlock extra insights. Also, the auto-mapping fields works well for most of the out of the box information like City and State. It will also associate the other fields with an address on the same row. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've used this tool to help marketing and sales teams more efficiently target their market. Door to door sales, mailbox marketing material, visualizing detailed customer information, scheduling to go to locations within a geographic group, and insight analytics that take into account markets by geographic region. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Economist consultant
What do you like best?

It´s is very intuitive. Don’t need any background or programming skills. Once you in, you are ready to star plotting.

I started using the free service. It worked well and gave me confidence to make the investment for the payed solution. By the way, while searching for similar solitons I found this to be by far the best price at any level of usage, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some massive geocode addresses get some pins wrong, because most of the time we don´t have the perfect data to plot, but when it happens it´s takes a bit to get them to the right place.

You can drag and drop the pin or try to introduce the data once more. The problem is that this kind of action consume the usage you have payed. It doesn’t seem really fair to pay for rework. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth trying. Star with the free use to see if it attends your needs.

You can work lots of data, create different maps and plot interesting clusterization.

It´s limited for maximum pins added and pageviews of the map

If you are not professional, maybe the free use will attend you just fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Maps data help us understand the geographic aspect of voting information. Many political campaigns try to get some leverage by allying themselves with local leaderships, and they promises to mobilize voters. By analyzing vote result by really close data, we are able to measure if this allying was really productive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Risk Management
What do you like best?

CAPABILITIES: The service has nearly all of what I need at its core.

- ability to visually show categorized locations on a map

- map pins have mouse-over ability where I can see various tags for each location Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The site could benefit by integrating a communication feature. In other words, lasso a group of pins and then "right-click" to allow an email to be generated to those pins selected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ability to upload various groups is valuable. you can also share these specific groups with any individual / co-worker. Personally, I love being able to categorize my sales teams, my offices, my VIPs by color so I can quickly visualize them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am leveraging this system for Safety & Security for key individuals worldwide. I am able to inform key individuals / sites of important activity that may be affecting them in their local area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.