Basis

Basis

Basis is the platform advertisers need to run successful online advertising across every channel.

Work for Basis?

Learning about Basis?

Basis Reviews

Ask Basis a Question
Ryan G.

"Great results, Great service, Great partner"

What do you like best?

The level of service in comparison to typical providers is extremely valuable, as there is always someone to check in on performance, provide suggestions, dig deep into research and answer any and all questions.

What do you dislike?

We ran into a problem with not being able to build a lookalike campaign with their self service model but true to their service they created the campaign for us in their managed platform so we could meet our goals and client expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great partner for growth

We leverage Basis for programmatic media buying and do so using the self service platform which provides a very easy to use interface for set up and management in comparison to other DSPs which can be quite complicated for self service. We also get the power of data and research to support strategy with the partner relationship that you don't get by running simply with another DSP.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Basis
Showing 146 Basis reviews
Katharine S.

"Amazing experience working with the Centro team and within the BASIS DSP!"

What do you like best?

The support, resources, and training I have received from the Centro team have played a huge part in the success of our programmatic campaigns we run through Basis. I made the transition from managed service to self-service within Basis, and I would like to thank my Customer Service Manager, Kallie Franke, for providing such an effortless transition. The team at Centro really cares about the success of your campaigns and they are dedicated towards helping you reach your goals.

What do you dislike?

There aren't any big flaws I've found from working within Basis, but something in the future that could be helpful are more customizable reporting options. You are able to export all of your data, but it can take time to pivot everything out to just see what you are trying to pull from the report. Again, this would just be a time-saver on the user's end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basis as a DSP is very user-friendly and easy to use. The support you receive from the Centro staff is also phenomenal.

I am using Basis as our primary DSP to buy programmatic media across display, native, and video channels. The platform also allows you to import your search campaigns and social campaigns to get a full 360 view of performance across all channels. The hyperlocal targeting is also a unique and cool targeting tactic available within the platform.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Basis
Patrick J.

"Great results, room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Basis offers targeting options much more specific than traditional display advertising in my experience, which opens up new strategies for niche markets as well as better performance for our other clients

What do you dislike?

The UI can be redundant and less user-friendly than platforms like Google Ads. Part of our frustration is for the atypical way we need to run our campaigns and reports, which isn't the "Basis" way but also isn't uncommon for agencies. There have been improvements in our short time working in Basis, and the team takes our feedback seriously, so I'm optimistic overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the KB and contact the team with questions. Many of my issues or questions were easily resolved and I've saved a lot of time by just asking the experts rather than messing things up on my end and trying to fix it after the fact.

Niche persona/audience targeting, premium ad placement, deeper reporting insights, hyperlocal advertising. Coming from Google, our ability to target small radii (for example, a gym or a coffee shop) has allowed us to serve very tailored ads at the right time & place to the right people. We have seen higher CTR, and more conversions through both cold traffic and remarketing.

What Demand Side Platform (DSP) solution do you use?

Rebecca D.

"Great platform, great support! "

What do you like best?

The platform provides any information necessary to fully optimize any campaign through the DSP. The staff is beyond welcoming and friendly. I can always count on my rep to respond quickly and thoroughly to any questions I have. Basis is updated continuously, and I am always informed via email or video chat of anything new or improved. This is a huge upgrade from our previous platform, from customer service to the platform itself. In addition, the event I attended was educational and was packed with information. I am ready to attend the next event as soon as possible.

What do you dislike?

The only negative side is the learning curve due to the complexity of the platform. Each user would most likely need several hours of training to be comfortable within Basis. I would like to see a dashboard that is simplified for non-regular users to be able to comprehend easily. That being said, the process is fully explained and questions are readily answered. All of my concerns have been answered in a very timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have any concerns with implementing Basis, the process is smooth and help is readily available! The service is impeccable-- each team member I have spoken with has a great attitude and they are always there to advise.

The various optimization options have benefitted our delivery greatly. Tracking processes are simple and easily implemented into our current workflow. This has clarified several processes within our company.

Cody W.

"Easy to use, robust, broad reach"

What do you like best?

Being able to reach a large audience across many different exchanges, especially across mobile in-app inventory, with deep reporting and toggles to control many aspects of the campaign at once. The support team is very responsive. Flexbility across groups and campaign functionality can make reporting a breeze when high-maintenance clients come down with granular reporting requirements.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to set daily impression caps/goals. Many campaigns we run on behalf of our clients are impression, not spend, based. Additionally, better notifications about flights/campaigns running out of budget can help us trouble shoot on-the-go and be proactive with our campaigns, versus reactive and then at the mercy of our customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate to ask questions! Every time we speak with support or our account manager, we find new ways to use the tool we hadn't previously considered which offers more fine controls over our campaign performance and management. Spend a lot of time uploading things like audiences, ads, and making decisions on third party segments prior to launching a campaign. Take advantage of how easy it is to set up and save black/whitelists, as previous DSPs we've used have had a much clunkier setup. Other tools, like audience capture, also offer you opportunities to enrich existing targeting groups and can provide insights you can't get elsewhere.

Solves the problem of reaching our audience across many different environments in a single UI. Cost-effective and has very, very little downtime. We are a smaller organization, so working with a partner that works 99% of the time is imperative, and we're able to achieve that with this partner.

Sam W.

"Social Marketing nerd finally appreciates programatic thanks to Basis"

What do you like best?

Primarily I am a social media marketing expert. I never really paid that much attention to programatic display. But when my company began migrating to Basis and I started learning about all of the capabilities to target, re-target, and reach new audiences - I was floored.

Now programatic display advertising and re-marketing have become important components in my overall digital sales funnel.

Our Customer Success Manager at Basis, Michael Sammut was instrumental in this shift of my thinking. He has been with my team and I from the beginning teaching us ways to optimize the platform and showing us his insider tricks. And everything he shows is customized to our unique business model and audience. Michael has really taken the time to give everyone on my team, the direction we need to be successful, while expanding our understanding of programatic advertising.

As part of their commitment to education and platform training, Basis invited a colleague and myself out for an in-person 2-day certification training at their Chicago office where we meet many of the Customer Success Managers, IRL, and had the opportunity to learn at their impressive facilities.

What do you dislike?

Project planning prior to a signed contract is still a little cumbersome. Setting up your project in Basis when you already know how you will execute the plan and have all of your budgets set is easy and straight-forward. But using the platform to project different campaign scenarios that a job might take, is still an involved process. I'd love to be able to, for example, build audiences without starting a new job - just so I can see what my potential audience size might be.

Our agency serves a niche industry whose target audiences are highly specialized. Reaching the right audience via prime advertising real-estate at a reasonable cost was next to impossible with conventional ad platforms like Google. Basis has dramatically increased our campaign reach and click-through rates, and given us the ability to bid on higher-profile ad networks that we didn't have access to before.

Plus, walking into pitch meetings today with a strategic technical partner like Basis by our side has impressed potential clients and given us an advantage over competing agencies.

Ryan G.

"Great results, Great service, Great partner"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great partner for growth

Aimee T.

"Centro is a DSP that I really enjoy using."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Centro is the company attitude. Centro cares about their customers and does their best to go the extra mile.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of a complaint. If I had to, it would just be that I can't enter a value of less than 1 for a click through rate on a group setup. I have to set it at 1 then go back and edit it. Sure, we'd love to get a 1 ctr, but reality is we are lucky to get a group ctr of .25%, so I want to set the goal at a more attainable level.

We use Basis when an advertiser has much more specific needs than our other forms of advertising can meet. This gives our advertisers the benefit of knowing more about and being able to reach more specific audiences which then in turn usually creates higher success stats.

Audra H.

"A good self-service DSP with great customer service"

What do you like best?

The platform gives users a significant amount of control over ads and optimization, and once you learn how to navigate the interface, it's fairly easy to use. There are great targeting segments, no shortage of exchanges, and relatively simple optimization tools. The number of categories for creative is incredible — from the usual static image/video to GIFs, HTMLs, audio files, and more. The customer service is superb — our representative goes above and beyond to make himself available and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The UX design can definitely be improved. There's a learning curve to understanding the interface and the terms it uses, and I wish the platform offered more guidance on terminology and process natively within the system. There are several places where I wish there was an "undo" button, or a way to "select all" (e.g. targeting, optimization). There are places where it's not entirely intuitive which button to press for certain actions. There's a learning curve with every interface, and thankfully for Basis, the customer service is always just a quick email or phone call away.

More so than many other advertising platforms, Basis helps us achieve very tailored audience targeting, higher completion rates and 10-second video views for video ads, and an interface that can monitor multiple platform budgets from a single page (Facebook, Google, DSP).

Amy M.

"Solid platform, easy to user interface, wonderful support"

What do you like best?

I like that with Basis, we have the ability to target generically, all the way down to very granular all from an overall very user friendly interface. The tactics offered are on par with the industry.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be improved. For example, setting up or saving scheduled reports from any area in which we might download data for any brand or group would be a major upgrade.

Blacklist updates should be auto applied from the back end. Blacklists are sometimes slow to identify updated apps, thus making blacklisting apps very manual.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basis is a solid platform that is very reliable. We are able to implement programs quickly and at scale. We use it for larger buys, down to small businesses on behalf of local publishers. Not all platforms offer such access to the controls as this UI. They have always been very responsive to any issues or concerns.

Quality, low cost, programmatic inventory at scale.

Minette C.

"Easy interface, with lots of data options"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and all the fees (ASF, Commission, data fee) are all shown and deducts automatically that gives me ease of mind that I will not go over budget.

What do you dislike?

Invoicing, how it's not broken out by campaign/advertiser and that I can't pull a collective data data report across all campaigns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is my 4th programmatic tool i've used. I've used DataXu, Simplifi, and DBM. This is by far much easier to use, and can give you an overall view of all the placements. Also, the support team is awesome. I can't rave enough about Addie and how she has assisted the team.

With Basis, we wanted to have more control and visibility into the inventory we buy. The benefit is transparency into placement level by each tactic.

Hannah A.

"User friendly and simple "

What do you like best?

It's super easy to create and manage campaigns. Plus it helps keep all brands and campaigns more organized and easily accessible. Everything is easy to find and layout makes complete sense. Extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The Centro/terminology is hard to remember for someone who is not inside, buying regularly. I also dislike how long it takes to get the numbers you need for reporting. Sometimes, we need data right away. So, I wish there was something that we could have access to that pulled information faster.

There aren't many bad business problems with Basis but we do enjoy buying for our clients and letting them see their campaigns through different websites. Clients really enjoy being able to check on their campaigns to see how they run without having to call/email us and ask. They can just check them when it's convenient for them.

Megan S.

"Easy to Use DSP with Lots of Capabilities!"

What do you like best?

I've been using Centro's DSP for a few years now and I've always preferred it over DCM/DBM. The layout is user friendly and support is great (as long as you hit their minimums...). Our reps with Basis DSP are really helpful and anytime we need help, they're always there when we need them most.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have multiple "tabs" open while starting a new campaign, that way I can quickly & easily reference targeting in a different campaign to ensure I'm not overlapping. I do wish that they had an easier integration into DashThis reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The hands-on training only really kicks in if you hit their monthly minimums. Support is extremely helpful with everything from how-to's and optimization recommendations though! Definitely worth it. I also like that you don't need a separate ad server like DCM (unless you want one)

Display advertising/programmatic. They also have private marketplace offerings, which is an awesome option even though I haven't had the opportunity to utilize it yet.

Emily M.

"Extremely helpful for our business"

What do you like best?

Basis has helped us tremendously to streamline and organize the media plans of the many cities and shows that we work on. We have teams across the country and our headquarters office in NYC, and by using Basis, all of our regional teams can collaborate and our NYC team can assist everyone.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional glitches, but that can happen with any technology platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can tailor your use of Basis to your company's specific needs/requirements/business model. Broadway Across America is using Basis in a way that is different from many of Centro's other clients, but it has been extremely helpful for us.

Basis has helped us with workflow management, campaign organization, reporting, taking DSP programmatic campaigns in-house.

Dallas K.

"Basis DSP from a Creative Agency"

What do you like best?

Ability to reach and have endless inventory and audiences to reach our targeted audience. Also enjoy having access to our own account rep that helps us each week to better perform our campaigns or help strategize new tactics for new campaigns. PMP deals and connected TV are very desirable and the tactics are exciting to bring to the table for new clients.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of a learning curve to understand and utilize the platform. If you are new, I would suggest starting out with a small campaign and to be hands on, I feel like this is the only way to actually learn and understand.

Audience targeting possibilities, serving ads on thousands of websites that we otherwise wouldn't be on through Adwords, Bing and Facebook.

Yuuki O.

"Operations and Strategy Coordinator"

What do you like best?

Basis/Centro's staff is extremely friendly , helpful, and eager to help. The platform itself is simple and easy to use and reacts quickly to changes making real-time optimizations more effective. Creatives are also approved relatively fast compared to other DSPs.

What do you dislike?

The UI feels a bit outdated and there is not as much scale as other platforms. It would also be great to see some sort of bulk editing tool in future versions to make optimizations quicker and easier.

Basis DSP is great for any type of campaign whether it be over a short or long period of time. I was introduced to programmatic advertising through Centro/Basis and I've found their webinar series educational and their platform user-friendly and intuitive. The resources along with the platform helped our team create and understand better buying strategies as well as understand new, upcoming industry trends.

Not to mention, historically, it has always delivered strong, promising results when needed.

PrissyMissy 2.

"Fantastic Platform"

What do you like best?

I've been using different Platforms for over 18 years now and helped develop a few. Centro DSP is robust enough to handle everything I need. The UI is intuitive and the work flow is simple to learn and follow. The system allows me to create audiences and targeting so ALL my campaigns are at peak performance right out of the gate. No guesswork just quality performance and traffic. The support staff has been amazing and I cannot say that about very many companies that offer support. Customer service is alive and well here at Centro. And fast too, did I mention how fast they respond?

What do you dislike?

One user login per company. Not able to edit creative code once it has been uploaded, have to resubmit and rename which get a little bulky. I would also like to see Campaigns as a selection in the left toolbar. And I'd like to be able to Edit reports instead of re-running. Also scheduling them for a daily run and send would be great!

Occasionally I need a larger volume of traffic for a particular client than I normally have access to. I am also bringing my customers top quality traffic and performance has improved ten fold.

Margaret V.
View Original November 9, 2018

"Programmatic Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love the intuitive campaign building and the way that it walks you through building your campaigns, as well as the immense amount of partnerships available through Centro. The reporting options are incredibly helpful as many of our clients require quarterly, if not monthly reporting.

What do you dislike?

No option for ad rotations as of yet, would like to see more options regarding media plan building/estimates. The Help section is not as user friendly as preferred, however the help from our CS Manager more than makes up for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely have a good digital foundation prior to implementing Basis. I am new to digital advertising and have had issues with not knowing all of the terminologies, however, Basis was still easy to use.

Previously, we were having to go through local publishers in order to advertise digitally. With Basis, we were able to eliminate the middle-man and take control of our digital buys for our clients. Because of this we are not only able to better serve our clients digitally, but also offer these services to some of our smaller clients that would not normally see digital as an option due to budget restraints.

Matt K.

"A Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

Basis is easy to use and becomes super intuitive after only a few uses. Once a user figures out the basic functionality, it's off to the races for their client campaigns. From campaign customizations to running reports, this system has it all. Not only that, but the team at Centro sets users up for success with their free training sessions. For never having lived in the programmatic world before, these sessions helped bring an instant understanding to a brand new technology for my firm.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've found that I dislike so far is the user access. At this point we are only allowed one user account for our entire firm. However, it is my understanding that a new functionality will be added soon to have multiple user accounts available.

We were beginning to see a lot of clients interested in digital (programmatic) advertising and we weren't quite sure what solution to bring to the table to solve this problem. Through my research and after a demo, I determined that Basis DSP was the best platform to learn and bring to the table for our new and existing clients looking to get into the programmatic side of advertising.

Rahul W.

"Easy to Use, Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

One of the things Google has been doing recently is making it so any small to mid size business can quickly run advertising on Google Ads, and although we are not a small to mid-size business, the fact remains that programmatic media buying isn't always that easy. However, the Basis platform sure makes it easy enough. Bulk edit options, easy navigation, being able to upload and serve creative out of the same platform, these are all pain points in other DSP's but not in Basis.

The customer service experience we've had with Centro has been exceptional. From our first interaction with our client lead, Nick Mariano to our follow-ups with our dedicated rep Kallie Francke, the attention to service stands out.

Kallie has been fantastic in helping us get acclimated within Basis. She never ignores an email and the training she provided was very thorough, making something that was already easy to use even easier for any first-time user.

What do you dislike?

The basis team does a great job of listening to clients so I know that they are looking for ways to improve the platform. One of the ways they are doing that is by providing reporting at an account level so that all of the different segments of reporting that is available can be viewed holistically.

We are very much still exploring full capabilities but being able to run direct buys, private market place deals and programmatic buys out of the same platform is a blessing. Also being able to bring in cost from search campaigns or other media allows us to use the platform for reporting and planning.

Marc V.

"Great DSP, Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of setting up a campaign, to ensure we are able to reach our goals for our clients.

What do you dislike?

The system can be a bit "buggy" at times, but for the most part none of the issues have been that big of a nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great option to have as a DSP, if you are looking for another channel to place digital advertising. The customer service alone is worth investing into this product, as they have made the process of learning applying this system seamless and very easy.

We are now able to monitor our digital campaigns first hand and pull custom reporting which our clients tend to request. Basis has made this process as easy as possible.

Katie K.

"User Friendly and Great Support"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use both in the Direct and DSP portion. With not having worked in many platforms like Basis before, this platform is very easy to learn quickly. Service from the Centro team has always been a huge help to our team - we're lucky to have such a great team backing us up.

What do you dislike?

Slow rolling out of new updates. Although it's slow moving, I'm happy with the fact that new updates are constantly coming out and being communicated to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Basis a shot. I think you'll find it to be a very handy platform.

Having one platform to house 99% of our media buys. Being able to RFP, send IOs, pull reporting, etc. has been very helpful.

"My experience with Basis by Centro"

What do you like best?

The platform is very user friendly. Being new to the programmatic space, both the platform as well as the customer support I've received from Michael Sammut, Chris Timmins and Matt Basil has been amazing. They go above and beyond to make sure I have the tools needed to be successful. The insights reporting tool has been beneficial because we have to provide reports to our members as well as board members. With this tool, Im able to provide a high level view of the campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't really been anything I dislike. If I come across issues/questions about the platform, the team mentioned above has walked me through the problem and has provided a detailed explanation on how to avoid or prevent the issue from occurring again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will be so happy you chose Basis! The customer support is phenomenal and the platform is very user friendly! There are so many reporting tools you can use to show campaign performance.

One problem we are solving with Basis is giving our smaller members the opportunity to advertise digitally. Because they have minimal budgets and do not have the staff to do this, we as an organization can send traffic directly to their websites to increase business/sales through digital ads.

Adriana G.

"Easy to Set-Up, Easy to optimize"

What do you like best?

I like that their user interface is easy to use, the platform takes you through all the set-up step by step defining all your marketing targets for your campaigns. You can also check the avg CPM on the inventory list and filter to your marketing requirements. Also, the platform optimize based on your requirements and you can also do some changes manually if you would like to, but so far, my campaigns run smoothly thanks to this.

What do you dislike?

I don't use the private marketplace as much as I would like to. I would like to know more about the premium publishers inventory and audiences.

Time management, usually after a campaign has started you have a few weeks before start optimizing, but with Basis I have more time thinking about strategies than optimizing thanks to their optimization tools, I just decide which KPIs I want my campaigns to be optimized based on and the platform works along very well.

Tanner V.

"Great support and partnership from a great DSP"

What do you like best?

The consistent willingness to lend support when there is an issue or even if there isn't. The support team is always proactive and are excellent at execution. Along with the ability to provide feedback regarding the platform or specific items that our team may need.

What do you dislike?

The platform itself could use some minor tweaks but is overall a great user experience. I think the only thing lacking as of now is the customization of the reporting abilities, which has been noted to our Basis support team and I'm sure will be implemented sooner than later.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basis is a great tool to easily manage all types of digital media, no matter the application of use or complexity. Compared to other DSPs in my experience, Basis has been the most user-friendly and easily digestible platform I've used.

Drive positive ROI for our clients while staying innovative to stay on top of the market. As well as adapting to complex tracking and matchback processes.

Bill R.

"Solid advertising platform"

What do you like best?

After years of managed buying, we launched Basis this year to get better control over our clients buys. We were able to get up and running very quickly and, with some hiccups along the way, we were able to better plan, report and optimize our clients buys during this election cycle then we have ever been able to in the past. In fact on the few campaigns we still ran as managed buys elsewhere we got grief from the partners because we weren't able to offer them the in depth reporting that we were producing for the buys we were managing through Basis.

Centro's customer service is also excellent. They always responded quickly and had real solutions to whatever our questions or problems were.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many issues with the Basis. The software has some quirks and bugs, but their support team has worked through many of the bugs we've encountered and already put others on the development roadmap.

Some of my staff have had issues picking up how the platform works. But that isn't a problem only with Basis. Running complex digital ad buys is, well, complex. They've done as good a job as possible - especially at the price point - to build out a robust tool that has allowed us to launch campaigns within hours. As opposed to the days it used to take.

We were looking for a tool that allowed us to launch and optimize our clients campaigns quickly and efficiently. We also wanted a tool that allowed us to track program metrics in one place and quickly optimize campaigns and build out reports. Basis has allowed us to do all of this.

Learn more about Basis

Basis Downloads

Learning about Basis?

* We monitor all Basis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.