Barracuda Backup Reviews & Product Details

Barracuda Backup Overview

What is Barracuda Backup?

Barracuda Backup makes it easier and more cost-effective than ever for you to protect all your data from cyber criminals, natural disasters, hardware failures, and more. Physical, virtual, cloud, and SaaS — a single, integrated solution keeps all your data safe.

Barracuda Backup Details

Totally secure. Amazingly simple. Utterly reliable.

Barracuda
1,441 employees on LinkedIn®

Barracuda Backup Screenshots

Barracuda Backup Reviews

Showing 36 Barracuda Backup reviews
Already have Barracuda Backup?
System Administrator
What do you like best?

The Barracuda backup appliance makes it easy to set up and easy to use even if you haven't touched it in 6 months. the support team is very helpful as well.

the back up caN BE ON a file-level or the whole server.

It can be done on a VM Server or a stand-alone. both work great

Have the ability to store backups of different times on the Box itself and/or in the cloud is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit dated and it will take a few clicks to get to where you want to go if you haven't done it in awhile. Occasionally your Test Credentials do not always work even though they do when it comes time to the actual backup.

Support has become a lit bit of a chore to get to. it was easier before. now, you have to hunt for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

whether you are a small business with only a hand few of servers or a larger enterprise the Backup Appliance will work for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to set up, I can get to different locations all from the web interface.

Easy to deploy and configure times as well as what to back up whether on a VM or Stand Alone box Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Barracuda Backup is an amazing tool, since I started to implement it I feel much more secure against cybercriminals, hardware failures, natural disasters, and more, etc. The main things I like about Barracuda Backup are:

- Data recovery is very simple, with a few clicks I can recover my data without any problem

- Backup and VMware integration

- Very good deduplication

- Intuitive and complete user interface, its implementation was quite simple

- Secure and fast cloud backup

- It has an attentive and efficient technical support, which always solves problems that arise quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am quite satisfied with the Barracuda Backup service, the only aspect that you should improve is its cost, which in my opinion is high, otherwise, all its characteristics are adapted to my needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Barracuda Backup has multiple functions and features that speak for themselves, providing high-quality security and efficiency, in my case, it has worked and helped me on multiple occasions, so yes, I recommend it 100% Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The protection that Barracuda Backup has given me is incredible, it has saved my life on multiple occasions, I know that if I present an error, cyberattack, or any other situation that could endanger my data, I know that it will be fully backed up and ready to be restored if I need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hardware Testing Engineer
What do you like best?

Barracuda Backup is an excellent tool that has an innovative and easy-to-implement user interface, this allows you to create backups in an automated way that are stored in a fantastic cloud to be restored when you need it, thus guaranteeing the security of files 24 hours a day, what I like the most is that it has a deduplication quality that significantly reduces the size of the backup, which sets it apart from other competing software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything is positive in this software, I can say that it adapts very well to my needs when I have presented problems, the support system has solved it efficiently in a matter of minutes, in terms of implementation costs, I think they are adjusted to the quality of its services and can easily be acquired by any type of company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Barracuda Backup because thanks to its global deduplication feature it allows you to create smaller backups, besides the time it takes to make backup copies is very fast, and it protects your files against any type of malware Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I started to implement this software it has significantly improved the workflow in the company, I no longer have to worry about the restoration time of my files because it is very fast, I also feel much more secure because thanks to its storage cloud, I have protected all my files from any cyber attack Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

The amount of data I can back up and send out to the cloud with ease.

The free agents, Vmware integration, the fact that I can spin up a recovery point and attache it to VMware right of the Backup device. Ease of setting up Backup sources and schedules.

This device also uses Global Deduplication so the local backup size is not as large as other vendors would create.

Support is great and they can easily get in to help with any issues you are experiencing and can also access parts that are in "Admin" areas to see what may be holding up a process or issues that you wouldn't be able to see.

The backups are fast and with VMware, they use CBT (Change Block Tracking) and it will only backup changed data.

It can backup MAC OS, Windows, VM, and Physical. This is a huge deal to me as Veeam would only do VMs up until recently and I still feel like the Global deduplication with the Barracuda is superior to most other devices or software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The restore process is a little cumbersome. It can take ages to search if you are looking into a folder or drive that has a lot of previous restore points. The GUI needs a facelift in this department like the rest of the GUI has gotten. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and overbuy for the local device in storage as we outgrew ours quickly and had to really work with Barracuda to reduce the sizes of our backup.

This was not enough and we had to up the size. They did give us a device credit to turn in the old device though and worked with us on price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have an actual backup schedule now and continuity of getting them offsite to a secure location.

We used to perform Backup to disk with Veritas and there would always be a problem and some part would get missed or the backup would run long and run over and I would have to either cancel and take the drive out or just leave it and risk leaving the disk in over the weekend.

This backup pushes the backup offsite over a secured VPN tunnel instantly and also keeps a local encrypted copy of all those Could backups for quick recovery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web System Developer
What do you like best?

For some time I have been in the exhaustive search for a software that is efficient and totally safe to be able to have it as my main backup solution, a search that I finish at the moment I found Barracuda Backup.

Barracuda Backup is a really fantastic software that allows me to make backups based on files and images that can be quickly restored in bare metal or in the cloud in an incredibly easy way, thus guaranteeing the protection of all my data against cyber attacks or hardware failures. One of the characteristics that I like most about this great software is that it has a very good deduplication, the block-level storage is brilliant for files, the interface is really very intuitive what makes it easy to implement and the cost of the plans It is very affordable which facilitates the acquisition for small and medium enterprises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I do not find any negative characteristic relevant enough to complain about, since in general the software works very well and adapts perfectly

to my needs and if there were any inconvenience, the technical support team is highly trained to solve it very efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a backup solution Barracuda Backup is the best solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our old backup solution was extinct. The previous administrators left him in such a mess that we were missing 6 months of backups without explanation. We needed a solution to handle our backup loads and we needed it quickly. but all our problems are finished with the implementation of Barracuda Backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

easy to use. it's very easy to set up and initiate the backup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

backup some time has an issue, some time its miss the schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

good so many benifits, speacially its easy to use for new IT admins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Staff
What do you like best?

Barracuda Backup usually has a fast deployment. If there are problems such as files that are not backup or a big folder in the database, you receive an email offering you all the data you need about it. Also, the database software allows a user to quickly access archives from everywhere even after some days have passed. With no doubt, Their smart, Barracuda Backup is a well knowledgeable and highly efficient brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system was a bit slow a couple of months ago until the latest version was released, but changes were made to the recovery of a straight line. Once the system is in network mode, some choices are restricted if you sign into the local computer directly. For example, those of us that owned the system before are now obliged to switch to or adhere to the cloud template, which won't happen to the newest users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Barracuda Backup is a good, inexpensive, and quick solution when complicated DR specifications are not needed. The document and the pinnacle which server has problems can easily be opened with this tool, so you could quickly back up a whole or a single group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Barracuda Backup is mainly used and administered by the IT staff to reach crucial data we need on a data center in a region located geographically far away from our main business. We supply VMWare with a leased and purchased WAN fiber and physical guests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MR
What do you like best?

I love the various ways I can backup my environment, Agentless, Agent-based, physical, virtual, all my servers and other things in the environment can be backed up. I also like that I have a local copy of my data and that it sends up the deduplicated and compressed data securely up to their cloud. I have had Ransomware in the past and have recovered in less than 1 hour with the Barracuda restore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does take a long time to search through various backups especially if you back up that devices or server often. It can take a begrudgingly long length of time to find a file on a server from a specific date. I also dislike the cost of upgrading in size of the backup device, it is not cheap and then they barely give you much credit for the old device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get more space than you think you will need over the years it fills up quick. But if you upgrade devices it is a very simple process to move to the new one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved the issue of having to deal with Tape or removable drives and carry offsite. That process was never 100% successful in carrying out of that process.

We have consistent and secure Date backups now that I know are secure offsite and readily available from local or cloud options.

I no longer have to worry about taking disks offsite and worrying about losing them or being off sick and not being in to swap the backup. This happened quite often when backing up to disk and not having a service to manage the offsite storage.

Now I know that within a half-hour of the backup being taken that it is offsite and secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Specialist
Internet
What do you like best?

When using Barracuda Backups, error reports are done perfectly and customer support is very useful and it's available 24-hours a day. It allows you to hold lots of data, so you wouldn't have to think about just how much you are shipping offsite. This addresses normal user or client remote backup and restoration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Barracuda Backup schemes can not be specified to go to the internet, but must also be securely encrypted, which consumes local storage. Also, when making backups it suddenly shows an error message. This doesn't happen many times, but I can't tell what the failure is because the error message disappears too quickly. I haven't been able to save a non-Windows file sharing explicitly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Barracuda Backup is recommended for companies that handle delicate information, so they can make regular backups with this tool. It has a plan where you will receive a new device every four years if you extend the hardware upgrade service, but this is the same system with the same capacity quantity. I think Barracuda Backup can be a little cumbersome for small customers with financial problems with just a few servers who can not spin a failed server on their backup device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the Barracuda Backup in the IT department to keep our relevant information always saved. We use the Barracuda Backup system not just in-house, but also for several of our regulated clients, as we keep most of its data with Barracuda. It helps us to track the actual appliance's assigned size choose for the backup we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Development Engineer
What do you like best?

I like this Barracuda tool because it guarantees the protection of data and information so that spam and virus intrusion are ignored and this is thanks to the fact that this software makes backup copies in the cloud without having to depend on a Local storage and the best thing is that it allows the user to choose how to create their backups, since it gives the option to do it on demand or simply in an automated way which makes it much easier to adapt to the needs of each user In addition, carrying out its operation is simple and if you have any doubts about the use of the software, going to your support team is a great option since they provide quality attention so that the process of creating backup copies for either SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business will be simple and secure, which is why I consider this software a good option to provide protection to all our Office 365 data through a filtering and signature matching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The backup process can sometimes be slow but it may be due to the amount of files and information being handled to or from the Office 365.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend the use of this Barracuda tool as it guarantees a protection and storage of all Office 365 data with high efficiency because it depends on the user through which process you want to carry out the creation of backup copies either by order or in an automated way being both functional, it is also an easy-to-use software and with an efficient support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With this software we have guaranteed the backup and protection of all our data in the cloud such as emails so that we do not have to worry about any spam or virus that wants to reach them, this software is able to deduplicate the information and compress the best It forms the same before storing it in your cloud and everything is carried out by a fast and simple process since the one that making the backups in an automated way is a great time saver.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer.
What do you like best?

It is a great backup solution with remote storage that is easy to acquire, install and manage.

It is very helpful, since all our data is safe with this tool and we can achieve local or remote recovery, quickly, which minimizes downtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing wrong with this tool, we are satisfied, a great solution for remote storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very helpful, since all our data is safe with Barracuda, I recommend it, you can retrieve your information wherever you are and most importantly all the complete information, you will not regret it

If you have any problems I recommend using the support, it is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to this tool that allows us to protect our data against local disasters, we can save data by using the cloud, offsite and recovering them easily and safely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The ease of use with this application is fantastic. It is easy to configure. and manage. All restores attempted have been perfect so far. Honestly, going from nothing to something in our Office 365 environment has been a dream. Backups are critical to a company performance and Barracuda has help us immensely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two things

I would like to see more configurability in the application. For instance, it would be nice to be able to break up our large exchange online backup into smaller groups.

I would also like to see better reporting. What is included is fine for an administrator but I would like to have reports that i could send to management (with pretty graphs) :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We realized that Microsoft did not have a proper solution for their Office 365 environment. It felt clumsy and not user friendly. We needed to go beyond that and feel comfortable with the solution. Barracuda fit thata bill. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

First off I must give high praises to the Support and Engineering teams at Barracuda. They are the most helpful, timely, and knowledgeable we have encountered. As for the Backup Solution, it is easy to install and easy to use. While the ability to replicate from one appliance to another at some other location is great, we also like that we can replicate to a Secure Barracuda Data Center. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little trick understanding the retention policies at first. Being used to working with full, incremental, and differential backups made this something we had to learn. My wish list would be to have those options as well. I would also like to see the ability to grab SQL and Oracle T-Logs on a continuous basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are interested in Barracuda Backup give them a call.

They will show you a demo, let you play in a cloud unit, and even send you a trial unit.

They are not high pressure sales, so they will not drive you insane with sales pitches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to backup both Physical, Virtual, and NAS devices from one backup solution is a bug plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

I like the fact that I have a copy on site and that is replicated to the cloud - also that my Office 365 Tenant and all OneDrive data is also backed up. Common misconception that you don't need to backup up O365! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No much i don't like about this product - I haven't yet found something I can't do with it in terms of backing up what is required or restoring lost data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a look - its a great product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Security. Everything I need backed up is in multiple places giving me the ultimate protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of IT
What do you like best?

1. We no longer have to make ready any media to be picked up and stored off-site. 2. I can control what to backup, when and how often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

During the almost 2 years of using the backup solution, I've not seen anything I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a set pickup time for our off-site storage. We would always have to be ready and available to accept and hand off the weekly backup. Sometimes our backup would have an issue and would not be ready, so we would have to skip the hand-off for the week or arrange another pickup (which cost$). This is a thing of the past! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

Barracuda backup is very easy to use and set up. Having data replicated to the cloud all in one solution really gives you that peace of mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Drill downs could be a little cleaner on the restore browser. The most aggravating thing I have come across is the alerting on disabled e-mail accounts. I want them backed up but I do not want to get alerted of this. It sends out pointless e-mails and makes it appear as if there was an issue with the backup when there was not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Barracuda Backup helps us get our backups offsite without having to piecemeal a solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Robust running backup tasks and easy to use interface. Statics and reports are useful. Easy to configure backup jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Different supported firmware's for cloud and locally controlled appliances makes difficult to manage. No central console for configuring & installing agents not available. Backup task report for individual computer is required to send to each user for compliance purpose is missing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please look for your needs and evaluate the Barracuda Backup whether it best fits to your needs or not. Do price bargaining as the prices are highly fluctuating and cannot trust on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Barracuda solves the backup up purpose for NAS servers, Network Shares, Windows servers, SQL database and VMWare as well for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I can set these and forget. Plenty of granularity for both backup sources and schedules. Will backup VMWare hosts and can drill down all the way to file level of any guest from the web interface of any backup. Restore is a breeze and was a lifesaver for one particular time where partial disaster recovery was needed. Also came in handy for ransomware when an end user ended up encrypting all the files on a network share. Email notifications for backup status and completion, as well as retention periods so you don't max out the local storage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here. Sometimes vmware snapshots need to be consolidated for incremental backups to work, and cloud transfer can take a while, but that depends more on bandwidth and whether or not it is the initial backup. Retention policies are a learning curve, but support is available to answer and explain anything you're having trouble with. The live boot feature is slow and clunky, and really provides no benefit other than grabbing something of that machine really quickly-live boot instances are not public. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to run your intial backups in phases to not bog down the system. Make sure to make use of the bandwidth schedule otherwise cloud transfer will hog it during business hours. Test your backups regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy to restore backups for disaster recovery. Can restore to bare metal or to the file level. Web interface is friendly and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The ability to do live views of your backup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wow very little to many great things that are good with it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Why are you not already using it? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to backup all my VM and desktop in one box if needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Everything is automatic with custom build schedules Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

when you call support you cannot jump from solution to solution, you must open a new case for each solution Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

just make sure you do research before you purchase anything, technology is always evolving Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

outdated technology now cutting edge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Barracuda backup has provided us an easy method to back up file for DR as well as daily backups. The graphical interface is easy to use and manage. I like have all my clients at the click of a mouse. I like being able to check status reports. Barracuda support is reliable and they are efficient in telling me what the problem is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most is how some of the setups require a lot more extensive work and they promise to sync everything for you. I've had to refer to their FAQ website a handful of times. I wish it had a link or help option right on the user interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are providing distaster recovery for our clients as well as weekly backup for our servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and support is a phone call away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the vague errors reported by the console, but support can help you through it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will enjoy this product and everything it has to offer. It's one of the best solutions out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Providing clients with an on premise and cloud backup solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Anytime I needed support, they were very responsive and helpful. The service is reliable and affordable, offers great reporting tools and notifications, and was easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasional lags getting current on new product updates could be annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are still using backup tapes or another software, consider Barracuda Backup to improve your efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a great tool for disaster recovery and regularly scheduled backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Engineer
Automotive
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Ease of use and setup. GUI is very intuitive. Restore browser allows you options for restores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Website can be slow at times, but for the most part there is nothing I do not like Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you size the appliance correctly the first time, we went too small initially and had to purchase the next size up, barracuda did give us a trade-in on the smaller device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves us money on tapes and decreases the time we need for restores. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Does not interfere with my daily work. Backsup in the background Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its troublesome to make sure data is backed up when i am not on company network Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Company uses it to backup everything from emails to project files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Barracuda Backup?