Bandwidth

Bandwidth is a Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) company offering a full suite of voice, messaging, and 9-1-1 APIs, all built atop the company's own carrier-grade VoIP network. Businesses use Bandwidth's APIs to easily add calling, texting and 9-1-1 connectivity to software, applications, and internet-connected devices.

Work for Bandwidth?

Learning about Bandwidth?

Bandwidth Reviews

Showing 180 Bandwidth reviews
Bandwidth review by Administrator

"Better compared to others"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that pricing on rates and virtual numbers are indeed the most economical. I do like the speedy response from customer support and quick resolution of my issues.

What do you dislike?

Bandwith has the best rates but it doesn't help me a lot when there are never any numbers available in the areas in which I need them.

Currently looking for solutions in order to gain a larger customer pool.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Bandwidth
Bandwidth review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Always polite and extremely helpful"

What do you like best?

I mostly work with the number porting team and they are so helpful and will work through any problem big or small. They are very patient and through in their work.

What do you dislike?

The BW portal could use some improvement it is sluggish and frustrating at times

We are a hosted Voice company and we user Bandwidth as out carrier to port all of our customers on and this has aided in increasing our market share and customer satisfaction

What Cloud Communication Platforms solution do you use?

Bandwidth review by Jessica H.
Jessica H.

"Telecom Order Analyst "

What do you like best?

Bandwidth team members always go above and beyond to answer my questions, explain in detail, and resolve issues quickly. They are very personable and friendly, they make porting less stressful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how easy it is to port numbers away from Jive, we have been working with Bandwidth to come up with a solution to better protect our customer's number from being ported away unauthorized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bandwidth.com is user friendly, has great customer support, out of all of the companies we use Bandwidth is my favorite by far!

Jive has been able to improve our processes, lower porting time, and have seen less rejections throughout the porting process with Bandwidths's help. They have amazing customer service, and response time which helps solve a lot of our urgent issues quickly.

User in Telecommunications

"Bandwidth Reps are the best"

What do you like best?

Their Reps know what they are doing and try to help out in all they can and give me understanding on things and processes I don't know.

What do you dislike?

They don't have strict procedures for allowing numbers to port out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better safety procedures for porting out so none of our customers get slammed

Ports mostly. The benefits bandwidth gives compared to other companies is they really care about our business and help as much as they can and willing to go the extra mile.

Bandwidth review by Nikki F.
Nikki F.

"Bandwidth is great!"

What do you like best?

I love how friendly and helpful the Bandwidth team is!

What do you dislike?

How easy it is to port numbers away from BW

Getting updates on ports. Josue is the best!

Bandwidth review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Telecommunications
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Telecommunications

"Excellent Customer Service! "

What do you like best?

Fast help & friendly service from the bandwidth team!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are long waits on the que.

Port rejections/ port out issues/ any sort of one-off issues.

Bandwidth review by Shanae C.
Shanae C.

"I love Bandwidth"

What do you like best?

I feel like I am always listened to and they treat me kindly and with respect. Their website is easy to navigate and understand.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will never regret using Bandwidth. They are a great company that I thoroughly enjoy working with.

It is simple to port numbers and to buy numbers.

Bandwidth review by Kalena B.
Kalena B.

"Exceptional Service and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The personable employees. When you call you get a live person who is ready and able to assist you. Everyone is always respectful and courteous towards you. If you can't reach someone via phone you're able to open a ticket and it's worked quickly not left on a back burner. You get the feeling that your issue is important.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike regarding Bandwidth

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone is considerate, ready and able to assist you when you call in. We have been very pleased with communication and service. Each tech is ready to assist you and to quickly resolve your issue. They have a large footprint that enables you to provide VOIP across the country. The support team is very knowledgeable and quickly addresses your ticket and/or call to help resolve the issue.

Able to get on demand reports, SMS, API

Bandwidth review by Jean L.
Jean L.

"Great Team to work with"

What do you like best?

Bandwidth is so fast and efficient. When I submit a request it's worked extremely fast.

What do you dislike?

We do not have any issues with bandwidth and how they work

Verifying e911 addresses

Bandwidth review by Crystal K.
Crystal K.

"I don't know what I would do without Bandwidth by my side!"

What do you like best?

Every Bandwidth team member that I have ever worked with has been exceptionally pleasant! In the rare cases that I need support beyond the expertise of the individual I am working with, they are sure to connect me to someone that can help me and follow up to ensure my needs have been met. You DO NOT get that personal attention from any other, than Bandwidth!

What do you dislike?

Not too much to say here. I was a customer that had originally worked on their legacy platform. Though their new portal is great, there are features I wish they would have incorporated from the DASHboard. I just don't easily accept change, more so a personal issue than a dislike to Bandwidth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bandwidth has competitive pricing in comparison to other companies with similar offerings. The only difference, other companies "You get what you pay for". Not Bandwidth! They exceed any and all expectations I could have imagined!

You will not regret working with Bandwidth and the wonderful team members employed there; you become part of the family!

I work for a true ILEC/CLEC/ITSP. We have our own numbering resources, I can personally port from 60+ providers within their proprietary systems, BUT... because of Bandwidth we have the capability to sell and service outside of our direct footprint. It is awesome, our customers LOVE it!

Bandwidth review by Nikki G.
Nikki G.

"Great service, Great Partnership."

What do you like best?

Bandwith works with us to complete our orders with accuracy. If something is off, they waste no time helping us obtain the correct information. They fight rejections for us by disputing or escalating to speed things along.

What do you dislike?

I am completely satisfied with the services I receive at Bandwith.

There was an issue we had where we had a surge in orders, Bandwith had a surge as well. The Guys in the LNP group worked with us to find a solution that benefited us all and things are smooth. They will go out of their way to please.

Bandwidth review by Dacota B.
Dacota B.

"Porting/Number Ordering"

What do you like best?

Kerry is fantastic to work with! We have had a few escalations and Kerry has been willing to work with us on each of them to resolve them. Porting in general is the worst but with Bandwidth it is a little easier and alot less time consuming! For example, I requested a port on Monday and within an hour I had FOC for the 10th! That is one week and one hour I had an answer for my customer!

What do you dislike?

We could use more training on the new ordering portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When we have an issue it is a little hard to get in touch with the porting team over the phone. I understand the need to work through emails and call backs when you have a fire there is a direct need for voice to voice.

Ordering numbers are instant! Our customers are very high demand and want things now, with Bandwidth that is possible!

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

I love that your reps are always helpful and we get answers on the first call. Kerry Skinner is amazing! She continues to help me gain my knowledge of Bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything except that backorder process for numbers. This can take 90 days plus and my customers just wont wait that long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Faster method of getting backordered numbers please. This would be helpful.

None

"Great customer service"

What do you like best?

Bandwidth folks are the best. Always attentive and ready to help.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really much. Since I have to have 40 characters, their web interface is a little wonky with IE but they are working on it.

Inbound and outbound VoIP traffic.

Bandwidth review by Timothy D.
Timothy D.

"Best Wholesale VoIP Partner"

What do you like best?

We've been a Bandwidth wholesale customer and user for over 10 years. The coverage, reliability and support is great. More importantly, we've been happy that Bandwidth is constantly improving and investing into building out better tools (portals, APIs, etc) to help automate or improve things. This is something we see a lack of with competitors (most competitors provide only barebones tools). Bandwidth has also been flexible and accommodating in terms of working with us as needs change.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any issues with Bandwidth itself. Sometimes policies change or things come up with that I'm happy with, but those are mostly related to the industry as a whole or compliance so they're not really entirely in Bandwidth's control. When they do come up though, Bandwidth always works with us to try to find a solution that everyone is happy with. No company will be perfect so I judge companies based on how they resolve them.

Bandwidth gives us access to a very large wholesale footprint so that we're able to offer VoIP service nationwide from a single source.

Bandwidth review by Vasanth A.
Vasanth A.

"Great Experience. Would definitely recommend !"

What do you like best?

Cost, ease of use and customer support....

What do you dislike?

None at present. So far great service...

Appointment Reminder Systems

Bandwidth review by Jonathon N.
Jonathon N.

"Amazing Culture"

What do you like best?

Bandwidth feels less like work and more like a home away from home. They invest time and money into their people which allow's for continuous personal and professional growth. In return, you will find that Bandwidth people will go above and beyond for each other and their customers.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like how helpful their customer service is when I am having an issue.

We use Bandwidth to route calls for my company. They offer great value.

Bandwidth review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Kerry Skinner is awesome"

What do you like best?

I like the layout of the dashboard and how I can generally get someone on the phone quickly if I call in

What do you dislike?

I don't like the separation of the dashboard and the support page.

It makes it very straight forward on how to order and port over numbers. If I am ever having trouble, Kerry Skinner is quick to help.

Bandwidth review by Dawn G.
Dawn G.

"Love Bandwidth as a Vendor"

What do you like best?

The service is solid. The customer service is top notch. My tickets and questions are handled with care and immediately, even when I just need more training.

What do you dislike?

Mostly they are great. The portals are separate and the automated tools can cost more than doing things manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My account manager takes very good care of me. I will send her my tickets and PONs to check up on things and keep it all moving forward.

We are able to provide great customer service for our customers

Bandwidth review by Phil C.
Phil C.

"Bandwidth has been great for our porting and new TN needs. "

What do you like best?

We have noticed fewer "bogus" rejections on LNP orders than other vendors.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike. Bandwidth is a valued vendor for our company.

Bandwidth offers a robust API that we have been able to take full advantage of. This prevents manual errors and has increased our efficiency. We also like the ability to view "new" TNs in the Bandwidth portal. "Other" vendors do not allow this.

Administrator in Telecommunications

"went through but not simple"

What do you like best?

the price is competitive in USA

support is responsive

What do you dislike?

limitations

the contract is complicated

not fully automated

better price in USA

Bandwidth review by Ju'Lene B.
Ju'Lene B.

"Provisioning Specialist"

What do you like best?

Bandwidth customer service reps are very friendly and professional. It's always a pleasure working with Kerry Skinner along with her peers try to give the best possible customer service when calling into support. Kerry always goes above and beyond the call of duty. If she's unable to help she will get you connected to the right party.

Our company will continue to use Bandwidth along with their great portal enhancements.

The callback feature when calling into support is great. Reps actually return calls sooner than later.

The New Portal for ordering numbers is much easier. It allows you to better view the different rate centers a NPA may fall under. When ordering new numbers. You are allow to see numbers ahead of time for selection. It also, has the capability of ordering some vanity numbers.

What do you dislike?

The Bandwidth Portal has a tendency of not working correctly but that comes with implementing new features witch is to be expected until the bugs are worked out. For example " The FOC Date on manual ports don't always update correctly.

Would love to see reps check to see if rejected information is already attached to the orders to avoid processing delays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bandwidth provides excellent customer service for the Porting Industry. They have a complex yet simple to use portal that keeps customers informed.

We use Bandwidth services for Porting and provisioning purposes. Also, providing any additional features our customer may need. .

"Solid Partner End-to-end."

What do you like best?

Bandwidth is easy to work with. They have local support teams that are cool and software/APIs that make integration a breeze. They understand our business work diligently to ensure we are utilizing them to the full extent and act quickly on feedback or enhancement requests.

What do you dislike?

There are still holes in what they offer. T.38 faxing over SIP, international DIDs, and account hierarchy limitations are the primary concern. We don't currently see these on the roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bandwidth is a US company with limitations to their local presense. If that suits you, they are a wonderful company with the flexibility to do nearly anything with the proper development goals.

Our primary business problem was having an underlying carrier that was easy and efficient to work with and allowed us to quickly grow without concern that something at our foundation would break.

Administrator in Telecommunications

"Ease of Use, Reliability and Good Service Team"

What do you like best?

The UI is easy to use, and straight forward for porting. No penalties for cancelling small-medium ports. The service is reliable and the service team is always great every time I work with them.

What do you dislike?

The number inventory is sometimes lacking, or offers numbers that aren't local based on ZIP code. I usually check behind them now to confirm. Also, if I am having number issues, it takes an hour at the least for a number trap to be run.

Providing reliable service to our customers, quick and painless porting for the most part .

Bandwidth review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Bandwidth's pros & cons"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is great! Agreement terms are very good. The app got improved, which makes it easier to make new orders/ cancelations & inventory management.

What do you dislike?

DID's inventory can be better. Some popular NPA's are missing.

Bandwidth allows us to better manage our clients inventory by including all sub accounts we have into one master account. It makes it much easier to monitor our clients' inventory & to manage it efficiently.

Bandwidth review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great experiences with Bandwidth!"

What do you like best?

The employees at Bandwidth go above and beyond every single day even when things are tedious or tricky. I can always count on them to deliver. They make sure to let you know if they are experiencing any delays, issues or if they are short staffed. However, they always seem to pull someone from another team to help aid if they are short staffed. It is really nice to know and feel like they truly are trying everything they can to help your company suceed and be there for you and supportive while not making you feel annoying.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I am happy with everything. I do wish certain teams were more available in terms of days of the week however, I understand why they are not.

We are able to spend more time with our members/customers while they take care of the more nitty gritty for us. It makes our customers happy to have so much interaction with them!

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Bandwidth has been very supportive and quickly resolves any questions that we have. We have been very pleased with their service.

What do you dislike?

Pricing can be a bit high on some products.

Gives us another option for DID coverage.

Bandwidth review by Denise M.
Denise M.

"Bandwidth "

What do you like best?

They are very easy to work will and quick to respond. They make our company Spirit feel like we are a priority.

What do you dislike?

I can not say I have run into any issues as of right now.

TN request and escalation

Bandwidth review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

The reps are very helpful and are always available.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We are very satisfied witht he help we recieve form Bandwidth

We use Bandwidth Wholesale to procure numbers in regions where we do not have the availability as well as Bandwidth's porting capabilities for regions we do not have our own LRN set up

Bandwidth review by User in Internet

"Bandwidith has been a great partner"

What do you like best?

Bandwidth is flexible and responsive. They are willing to do things that the big carriers will not. Our support team led by Lee Hull is terrific!

What do you dislike?

Porting out of numbers has been problematic when Bandwidth has not always removed numbers from their switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bandwidth is a good partner if you have a high spend. Not sure about service for lower-spend customers a I haven't experienced that. They do provide API tools to make things easy to implement.

They have provided us with reliable inbound service that allows our business to run smoothly.

Bandwidth review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Bandwidth Has Our Back!"

What do you like best?

Timely service and quick responses to our tickets. Fast and thorough handling and resolution too. Our Account Manager, Lee Hull, takes our concerns and our requests for assistance and manages them with the kind of care and professionalism that makes Marchex feel like a valued client and not just an end user, like at a lot of other large telcos do.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike! Bandwidth's services and support continue to improve.

Bandwidth helps me to solve the problem of long response times for trouble ticket updates and resolution. The Bandwidth NOC is fast and thorough and I always know that my troubles will be investigated and resolved in a timely fashion and I can provide regular updates to my clients.

Bandwidth review by User

"Carrier & Porting Support"

What do you like best?

Lee has always been highly supportive and responsive to our requests. I appreciate his efficiency, hard working, and how friendly he always is!

What do you dislike?

Really nothing. I enjoy working with Lee and all of the reps we work with at BW.

My company uses BW for phone call routing and porting numbers in and out of our services. I greatly benefit from the convenience of submitting port requests and reporting problems. The portal greatly increases my efficiency in being able to work simultaneously on different requests without having to pick the phone up for support.

Bandwidth review by Jeffrey R.
Jeffrey R.

"Bandwidth is the best of the best! "

What do you like best?

The cost and quality of service is amazing. The customer service is very responsive and professional. Also, the web interface is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There text messaging service needs a minimum of $1000 of texting customers to begin to be able to offer the service. The issue is that I can't begin to offer the service to my customers because you need to have the $1000 of texting business before you explain to your customers what this service is. Doesn't make sense to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to make the switch Bandwidth. One of the best if not the best decision I have made for my business.

After losing service regularly with my previous carrier, I am now able work without that constant fear. Every carrier has an occasional service impairment but the difference is how often.

Bandwidth review by David H.
David H.

"Very professional and supportive"

What do you like best?

Bandwidth shows great professionalism and are very supportive when trying to troubleshoot any issue.

What do you dislike?

Can't say I dislike anything at this moment

Sending/Receiving traffic from this carrier

Bandwidth review by Josh L.
Josh L.

"Awesome service and great support!"

What do you like best?

They are very responsive and very helpful. They always have a great attitude and very friendly. Support is very knowledgable. We use a variety of services form DID (TN) assignments, to e911 services. Its very easy to use and the support portal great!

What do you dislike?

So far I have not had any issues. I have always been able to find documentation or receive a quick response from tickets I have opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You will be happy with their service.

They provide a reliable connection for our subscribers. They make it simple and are very helpful. Their documentation is always to helpful. The services that are provided are excellent. The have made easier to work with.

Bandwidth review by Tom F.
Tom F.

"Best solution for SIP trunks that I have found"

What do you like best?

Excellent support that responds quickly to any concern. I have implemented Bandwidth.com for three sites and have had an amazing experience with each. Telephony is a core capability for any business and when there is a concern I want a competent person at the provider to be attentive to whatever the question or issue may be and bandwidth delivers. Call quality is top notch on calls of any length.

What do you dislike?

I think that some improvement could be made to the logging tools. It would be excellent to be able to see every call made through the service to troubleshoot failed calls which are often the result of improper configuration on the PBX and would allow the administrator to address the problem himself without having to even contact bandwidth's support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are implementing a SIP solution for your business or especially if you are implementing a solution for a client then bandwidth.com is absolutely the right choice.

I have a number of clients with multiple offices and remote sales staff. Bandwidth has allowed me to deliver a unified telephony solution to these clients which has greatly simplified their operations and increased productivity.

"Prompt service"

What do you like best?

The person I dealt with at Bandwidth was more than willing to help in any way they could.

What do you dislike?

I have had no issues with them on any service they provide

We are using bandwidth for numbers outside our range usually the customers we have out of our state. The benefit is that we can provide that service without stretching ourselves too thin.

Bandwidth review by Wilderlucio F.
Wilderlucio F.

"Bandwidth Dashboard"

What do you like best?

- Portal functions such as porting information, number check, DID ordering numbers, project status

What do you dislike?

On the new Ordering Numbers Portal, there is no way to select more than one number at a time or select all. The old Portal still better than the new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy Portal and awesome Support Team.

Easy access and management of DID and E911. The Support Team is always helpful.

Bandwidth review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Bandwidth support and provisioning is always prompt and professional!"

What do you like best?

The speed of turnaround on requests.....

What do you dislike?

Working with some alternate carriers....

VoIP deployments.

Bandwidth review by User in Computer Software

"Great communication, fast response."

What do you like best?

Working with their VOIP interconnect Engineer Alex Mitchell was a great experience, he responded every question promptly and satisfactory.

What do you dislike?

This is my first experience working with bandwidth.com and so far there is nothing that I could complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All is covered so far.

Better rates to domestic destinations

Bandwidth review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Bandwidth is a great partner."

What do you like best?

Bandwidth has been very flexible and easy to work. The onboarding process has been straightforward and easy.

What do you dislike?

Different platforms/logins for different functions.

Bandwidth is providing us with Origination and Termination service, helping us to expand our footprint, and add redundancy to our voice network.

Bandwidth review by Allison C.
Allison C.

"Bandwidth has a great product offering"

What do you like best?

Just onboarded with Bandwidth and the entire team made the process seamless.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. Would love to be able to pull CSR's on every port. Working with Bandwidth on that capability.

Broader range and more rate centers at a competitive price.

User in Telecommunications

"Had a great training with Chase"

What do you like best?

The portal is user friendly and when going through the training Chase was able to answer all of my questions and concerns and if he didn't know the answer he was willing to find out and get back with us.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't just search for sequential numbers in the portal that I have to download to a speadsheet first.

Being able to look at what numbers are available with new orders will save a lot of my time. Also knowing if a number is portable upfront

"Fast and accurate info"

What do you like best?

An issue that required an assist from BandWidth was resolved in very short order. Their turn around was excellent and reaching them was simple, easy, online.

What do you dislike?

I have not found a thing to dislike about BandWidth at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BadWidth is easy to work with and easy to reach.

As part of the Telecom industry we all have to cooperate and work together to resolve issues. BandWidth was easy to work with.

"Excellent User Portal"

What do you like best?

The portal is easy to use and intuitive. It makes porting and ordering new numbers easy

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. We just started using this product.

none yet.

Bandwidth review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Kerry Skinner and Bandwidth Team"

What do you like best?

I find that Kerry and the support team at Bandwidth to be most helpful and really seem to care about resolving any issues we may be experiencing.

What do you dislike?

So far the only issue I have come across is that when I have multiple numbers to release, I cannot do them in bulk, each number needs to be done individually, also the same for feature requests.

We have found Bandwidth to be more cost effective for us. The E911 options is especially beneficial, and is working out great for us.

Dashboard has proved to be very

"Very informative"

What do you like best?

porting procedure seems to be quite a bit shorter than others

What do you dislike?

number search for 509 numbers are back ordered.

reliability

User in Telecommunications

"Bandwidth offers quick and accurate solutions to capacity issues"

What do you like best?

We use bandwidth as a wholesale provider of A-Z termination of LD. Bandwidths ability to work with us quickly and provide new trunking solutions with little to no issues for our customer base is a huge benefit.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike the technicians are knowledgeable and make turnup of SIP trunking quick and easy.

We are tasked with providing good value to customers at a great price. Bandwidth offers us quick solutions to provide that to customers without the hassle of long delays in implementation.

Bandwidth review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"Reliable Customer Oriented Telecom Company in US"

What do you like best?

I like their quick response and solution to the problems. They have great pricing and products that are better than expectation.

What do you dislike?

Other than the occasional billing issues, I am very satisfied.

We use Bandwidth for US inbound numbers, termination services and SMS. It's seamless process to order and implement. Portals are great but there's always room for improvement.

Bandwidth review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Manager and Sales Manager"

What do you like best?

I have been personalty working with BandWidth for the last four years. I port several number every week and they are very helpful. I have had problems with my phone server and they drop everything and run tests to find the problem. It is nice having a sales man assigned to our company. He has gone over board to help me.

What do you dislike?

They really need some help designing their call flow. It is really frustrating when you call in for help and their system gives you the run around. And then sends you to an voice mail that you rarely get a call back from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have talked to a lot of companies and none of them even compare to BandWidth. If I had to start all over I would still use BandWidth.

I am able to add a new client, they help port the numbers, help update caller ID, and help get them into directories.

Learning about Bandwidth?

* We monitor all Bandwidth reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.