Azure Key Vault

Azure Key Vault enables users to store and use cryptographic keys within the Microsoft Azure environment. Azure Key Vault supports multiple key types and algorithms and enables the use of Hardware Security Modules (HSM) for high value customer keys.

Work for Azure Key Vault?

Learning about Azure Key Vault?

Azure Key Vault Reviews

Showing 19 Azure Key Vault reviews
Azure Key Vault review by Renata Z.
Renata Z.

"Great Product backed by Quality"

What do you like best?

What I like best was that it was a complete surprise to me! I was VERY lucky to have the Microsoft Azure Key Vault included in my package deal. To my complete surprise this is a cloud-hosted management service . This service allows the users to encrypt keys.and protected by hardware security modules.

What do you dislike?

I didnt know this hardware was available! I am not sure yet how I am going to use this product to my advantage other than data security at this point.

I know that Microsoft is always looking for ways to improve their products which always peaks my curiosity, I rely heavily on my Microsoft office suites a part of our day-to-day application as well as utilizing their cloud innovation.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Azure Key Vault
Azure Key Vault review by Ellie G.
Ellie G.

"Password Security"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep my information private from others and stay clear of hack attacks or hack attempts. We also had some pretty sensitive data around our clients that we weren't able to store elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

It was only user friendly to myself and my colleagues, and I wasn't able to use this in my everyday personal life. I did have a good experience with customer service as they walked me through step by step on how to set this product up.

We needed a space to keep some pretty delicate information-- including passwords and access to spreadsheets with sensitive client data, and key vault was able to help us keep our information safe.

What Encryption Key Management solution do you use?

Azure Key Vault review by User

"Great Software to Manage Applications"

What do you like best?

I have noticed that azure is widely used by different organizations. This is extremely helpful because if you are familiar with it, then you will be able to spend less time learning the UI and different tools. I really like that it is a widely used service. I like that I am able to use different virtual machines so that we can manager our servers. It is also really good at monitoring your applications and infrastrucure. Microsoft is also a big company so I entrust them with the high sensitive information and a service that our business relies on.

What do you dislike?

The cost can be a little high depending on the type of organization you have. It may not be as good for "smaller" businesses.

I am able to securely and efficiently monitor our activity logs and configure our infrastructure. We also use the SQL database a little bit to run custom built applications to help solve inventory issues.

Azure Key Vault review by shawn l.
shawn l.

"azure help simplify scenarios"

What do you like best?

the integration with other azure services and simplifies administration of application secretes. the monitor access and use help with streaming event hub, sending the logs to log analytics, and archiving to storage accounts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of ease- it is very difficult to learn how to use azure key vault. but once you learn, its rewarding

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are great tutorials that help retrieve secrets with CLI, Power shell, portal, .NET, and NODE. the virtual machine shows with Linux and windows too.

helps solves problems with: secrets, key and certificate management and store secrets back by hardware security modules.

Azure Key Vault review by Connor G.
Connor G.

"Azure Key Vault"

What do you like best?

Currently, its a great model that demonstrates the protection of privacy. I really like how it demonstrates the ability to keep information secure in the cloud. I really like that you can encrypt your own keys in the software for added assurance.

What do you dislike?

I would like to use a single key vault where I can maintain my keys and allow users to access them in RBAC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great model and platform to use! I would highly recommend it for encrypters!

I am a security administrator and use it to write keys for signing encryption. I noticed that key vault safeguards these keys when encrypted.

Azure Key Vault review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Azure Key Vault - great tool for secrets management"

What do you like best?

Excellent tool for creating a secrets store and reduce security vulnerability of your code / config files

Great documentation available online for quick start

Well integrated with Visual Studio

Easy to use and configure

Learning curve is short

What do you dislike?

It does not have the advanced dynamic secrets features of products like Hashicorp vault yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

No reason to store your secrets in code/config files anymore

Applications should not manage secrets in code/config files and reduce the vulnerability of exposure of secrets e.g. database connection strings, certificates, API keys etc.

Azure Key Vault review by Baolinh N.
Baolinh N.

"Azure Key Vault"

What do you like best?

Allows you to safely and easily store keys.

What do you dislike?

There is a big learning curve when trying to use key vaults.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use. just be sure to read through azure documentation

able to distribute keys easily during the software development cycle.

"Security with Ease"

What do you like best?

I love how I get HSM security at such a low cost. The efficiencies in the system have given me a piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little more pretty. But all in all, there aren't many flaws with this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to businesses with highly sensitive information. We need to keep our data safe and everyone deserves a piece of mind. This program is also very easy to use and not as expensive as other programs! It's also an added perk that it's cloud based.

I am able to keep sensitive information safe, which is so important nowadays. My information is triple secured.

Azure Key Vault review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Azure Key Vault has been a success"

What do you like best?

The setup of this key vault was very easy and to the point. It doesnt take a lot of commands or knowledge to establish this. There are also many step by step directions available on line.

What do you dislike?

I dont know that I have experiences many negatives using this software. It seems to be easy to use and maintain. I thi k ow would be nice to come back and edit this at another time, maybe after I have experienced an issue

It allows secure management of cryptographic keys giving us better security within applications. It is great to be able to protect our cloud data with in standards for sensitive data

Azure Key Vault review by Joe W.
Joe W.

"Simple integration with Azure"

What do you like best?

I like the simple integration with Azure.

What do you dislike?

The interface, which is standard Azure style, is a little much for simple key storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure

Encrypting keys for an Azure App Service Certificate. The integration with other Azure tools is the primary benefit.

Azure Key Vault review by Administrator

"Azure Keyvault - good for Linux deployments"

What do you like best?

I love how azure keyvault allows me to store everything from domain certificates, to basic plain text passwords in a secure, easy to increment versions fashion.

What do you dislike?

Some of the bash script commands can be a little cryptic to figure out, but once they are, they are easily manipulated to suit my needs.

We are using key vault for a magento deployment using shell scripting. The Installation exists on an a installation exists on an Azure VM

Azure Key Vault review by Safa K.
Safa K.

"Keep your data safe"

What do you like best?

Keeping our research information safe is very important and this program allows us to continuously keep new and old data safe.

What do you dislike?

It took us a little bit of time to understand how to use the software.

Provides security for all of our data on all computers and external sources.

Azure Key Vault review by User

"Best tool for key management"

What do you like best?

We are using some services on Azure like App services... so the Azure Key Vault provides a best solution for key management. It also is easy to create and control the encryption keys used to encrypt your data.

What do you dislike?

We have not find anything that we dislike about it.

It helps your system more secure and it is easy to create and use. It also can use for both users and applications that can protect sensitive data.

Azure Key Vault review by User in Computer Software

"Great service to store keys and passwords"

What do you like best?

Centralized way to securely store keys and passwords for all of your applications

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit of a black box in terms of how secure it is and what best practices are needed to securely access the data

Solves the problem with having to have API keys or passwords in environment variables or in separate files so they aren't in source code.

Azure Key Vault review by User in Higher Education

"Easy way maintain key-Value pairs"

What do you like best?

The feasibility and easier way to access a key-value pair in an Azure function/website

What do you dislike?

A more intuitive UI would be good at the Azure dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides an easy way to store small key value pairs without having to go through the hazzles of a database

Trying to store database connection strings which are of different instances and need to connect to different databases at runtime

Azure Key Vault review by Bobbie M.
Bobbie M.

"Review on Azure Key Vault "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the software.

What do you dislike?

More features would be nice, based on more customer feedback.

Many things.

Azure Key Vault review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Good crypto vault service"

What do you like best?

Very easy to provision and manage keys and control developer access to keys.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge fan on the interconnectedness of Microsoft services, would prefer not to be constantly bombarded by suggestions to use other Microsoft services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good turnkey product, it solved our general use case admirably.

Key privacy and control management

Azure Key Vault review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Hide my VIP data"

What do you like best?

Integration with my office365 apps. My team members and I have a common tool to use.

What do you dislike?

You have to be an advance user to setup, in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would

Securing IT project data on internal and client projects. We can track use by team member. Great for us.

Azure Key Vault review by User

"Not fully sold on the value"

What do you like best?

software integrations make it easy across the board

What do you dislike?

product value is still a bit of a mistery

Data security, multi-factor authentication

Learning about Azure Key Vault?

* We monitor all Azure Key Vault reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.