Award Force Reviews & Product Details

Award Force Overview

What is Award Force?

Award-winning cloud software for organisers of awards, employee recognition, grants, scholarships and pitch competitions to manage submission, evaluation and award of results, online. Designed for performance and function— it’s fast, secure, and delivers a great experience for all program participants. Award Force is used for: awards management; staff excellence / employee recognition; grant application management; accelerator program intake; incubator program intake; venture or seed capital funding application management; contest management; fellowship application management; higher education entrance; scholarship applications; journal article / paper abstract submission management; student portfolio assessment. Good decisions: Good evaluation leads to good decisions and good outcomes. Entry/application evaluators will love how fast and smooth it is to evaluate applications with Award Force. Save time, save money: Free up your time to focus on making your program the best it can be thanks to reduced admin and support effort. Grow your program: Increase the volume and quality of your entries/applications, and earn more revenue with features designed for outstanding results. Judges are happy: Attract and retain high-calibre judges that love how fast and smooth it is to judge with Award Force. Peace-of-mind: Boost confidence and discard stress, you'll be in good company using our reliable and secure system that performs under pressure. Visibility + control: Deliver the right outcomes time-after-time with flexible configuration options and management tools at your fingertips. You look good: Distinguish your awards with a friendly, intuitive system in a beautiful design that's a joy to use.

Award Force Details
Arabic, Czech, German, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

Advanced cloud software for organizers of awards, employee recognition, grants, scholarships, pitch competitions and more to manage submission, evaluation and award of results, online.

Award Force provides a powerful suite of judging/evaluation tools. Highly configurable and flexible, you have ultimate control to configure your judging quickly and easily to suit your workflow. Good evaluation leads to good decisions and good outcomes.

Award Force is rock-solid. Engineered for performance, privacy and security— have the peace-of-mind that comes with robust cloud-hosted scalable best-practice implementation.

Award Force delivers a beautiful user experience. Award-winning system design ensures your entrants/applicants and judges/evaluators have a great experience of your brand. Award Force clients typically benefit from more and higher-quality entries/applications as a result.

Award Force
2013
Sydney, Australia
@awardforce

Award Force Videos

Award Force Screenshots

Award Force Reviews

Showing 75 Award Force reviews
Already have Award Force?
What do you like best?

It helps you organise all the award submissions freeing up time to focus on the things that really matter for the awards. It is much easier to explain the process and take users through it, which I believe helps increase submissions.

Once you have created your first awards 'season' than the subsequent ones become even easier as you can copy your set-up just making a few tweaks if you need it.

The Award Force support team is very responsive and you always get questions answered very quickly.

All the judges we use for our awards have also been very happy with our switch to Award Force. They can very easily navigate the submissions that we ask them to submit and the scoring and criteria is displayed for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The last time we used it the set-up sometimes felt like it could be easier. You have to change some settings in the 'back end' and then go somewhere else to see what that change has done. It is not a big issue and I think that Award Force have actually updated this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth getting a demo and considering this software. Has been very beneficial for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Frees up a lot of time spent on the admin-type tasks for our awards programme. We have increased the amount of submissions received by 33%. The platform helps us organise all the information from the submissions that we receive. We now use that information to display entries as best practice/case studies on our website, which increases traffic to our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

The configuration process for Good Grants was simple and the supporting information very clear (from point of view of a user with prior experience of setting up similar systems). The sales team were great throughout the procurement process and the support team have been excellent. They respond quickly to enquiries and turned around my request for a pre-launch test very rapidly.

Most of all I really like knowing I have a safe & reliable system for accepting, processing and reviewing applications at a very reasonable cost. I am delighted with my experience of Award Force so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything in the application submissions set up process. I haven't set up reviewing yet but don't anticipate problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the trial access period to explore how you can make the system work for you, I found this very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to implement an efficient system to handle several hundred applications at a time. This has removed the need for manual data handling and saves a huge amount of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I am a curator delivering a triennial award for artists at a national museum in the UK. Award Force enabled us to bring the process in-house - from the open call and application process, to longlisting, review and judging.

The platform was almost entirely customisable to our needs, and is very straightforward to use. We included the on-boarding process in our package, which meant we could have tutorials on the different settings and ways of working. The Help and FAQs section of the site is pretty comprehensive too, so almost everything can be answered swiftly.

And if I'm stuck, there is 24/7 support - I can send an email and get an answer within the hour if it's urgent! This was a life-saver more than once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are certain elements of the interface it would be good to customise or change that are not yet possible - the dashboard layout, the order of the side bar, and so on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before taking on Award Force we were spending considerably more money on an external team to facilitate the prize, which included an independent IT technician to run an email account and facilitate the application form. The Broadcast function on Award Force has streamlined all communication and enabled us to do everything directly at the museum.

This year the pandemic prevented our jury from meeting in person to decide on the finalists. Award Force was a godsend - we could shift the judging process online, using the integrated Judging facilities, enabling scoring, commentary and a leaderboard before the final digital discussion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have been organising our internal awards program for a number of years now and have always struggled managing all the submissions and organising the judging process. Deploying AwardForce solved all our challenges and we have now deployed a very professional, easy to use platform to manage our Awards program with a fraction of the time and costs involved before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Implementing AwardForce in the organisation does take some time. However with the excellent onboarding support provided by AwardForce this is very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We now have one central overview of our awards program(s), got rid of all the Excel list, unstructured documents and so on. Our employees are very satisified with the user-friendly environment. We can even easily invite external judges and include them in our judging process.

The time savings are huge and we also have a financial benefit. By using the sponsoring module, we have been inviting sponsor which cover the costs for the yearly fee for the AwardForce platform. I would say it is a no-brainer to invest in this platform!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IC
What do you like best?

The system was so configurable that any ideas we can up with the system could cope with those variables. All users were able to use it with no in depth guidance and absolutely minimal support queries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It did take a little getting used to and setting up however the help on hand to guide us through and check the process was correct made it much easier and gave us reassurance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about the hassle and time you spend administering awards traditionally. With a little bit of time investment to set-up and learn the first time you will have a solution that saves you hours of legwork and headaches. And as a bonus awards submitters and judges have a pleasant and professional experience when using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This solution has saved us lots of time by significantly reducing the amount of administrative work we have to do with all of the submissions. Time saved in one round of the awards justified the year one cost so certainly a value-add solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I love the service I receive from Awards Force! Seriously, I think its some of the best customer support around and I use a variety of third-party tools and portals. Love the knowledge library, the how-to dashboard set up, but more than that, I love that I can talk to you relatively quickly— in person. That's important to me because I am not the only person in my organisation who creates an award in the portal, but I am the one internal stakeholders come to when there are issues! In turn, sometimes I also need support :-) All your customer service people I have spoken with are helpful and have always fixed the problem or suggested a viable workaround. Really appreciate it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides that I have found. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing various setup and submission issues for and on behalf of internal stakeholders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Publisher
What do you like best?

We are about to enter our fourth year with Award Force. I have been approached by several others to switch and I tell them why should I? The customer service is prompt and first rate and the interface is easy to use. Plus there are many FAQ's and videos to help. Looking forward to a great 2021 American Photography Open. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I still don't like the slideshows that show a thumbnail after each image Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! You won't be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saves time and is easy to deal with remotely from others involved Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Consultant/Copywriter
What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive, easy for entrants to use, judges to score and administrators to tally winners. The excellent costumer service is an amazing plus as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This is our second year using the service and nothing so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My organization is a professional association of communicators in higher education. We have been sponsoring a creative awards competition for 14 years. When we went online six years ago, we began using another company. It was cumbersome and difficult for the entrants but we chalked it up to the fact that we were new at this. After four years of sticking it out, we began looking for better options. We found the best in Award Force! It's been great! We also reduced our cost of the service. Win-win! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What do I like best? Everything! From the ease for our members to submit their projects to our judges being able to log in remotely to complete the judging and the customer service.

When you get an email late on a Friday afternoon saying that someone will get back to you on Monday with an answer to your inquiry, make sure that you check back. There is going to be a reply from one of the service reps long before Monday arrives. Top notch all the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I currently cannot think of one thing that I dislike about Award Force or that I would change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had been using an antiquated system by having our members use a power point template to enter their submissions. These then had to be broken out to remove some information that the office needed from the judges so that they didn't see who the entrant was. And then a new document was created to showcase each entry to the judges. The judging panels then all had to meet in person across Canada, this took a lot of juggling by the panel coordinator. There had to be a space large enough to hold the judges, a screen large enough for them all to see the entries someone to read the design statements, floor plans printed out, budgets reviews.

Now each category is ready to view by the judges as soon as the competition closes. Our judges sign in remotely no matter where they are in the country or the world for that matter and have two weeks to complete their assignments.

Easy Peasy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What your users see looks modern, clean, and professional. Award Force is highly configurable, and the more you dig the greater the possibilities. I didn't realize initially but review flow is fantastic. For our next conference we'd make greater use of that. On top of that, the support from the AF team is first class. Considered, fast, professional, and willing to help you find alternative approaches when the 'vanilla' product does not quite match your needs.

The documentation and video training is excellent. If your use case is different, then you would benefit from having systems configuration experience to be able to visualize the possibilities. However, the AF team is there to help you, so don't let that stop you committing!

After a very long career in IT, I don't hesitate to say that this relatively small company is one of the best I've encountered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is perfect! The things that I don't like tend to be around my specific use case. Biggest takeaways:

* Not being able to configure the columns of the judges' view. That would be really helpful and the coding/technology is already there somewhere as you can configure columns in the administrator/manager view

* That the underlying model assumes a single interested party which means to have multiple people engaged in a submission (conference co-speakers) you have to jump hoops

* Related to the above point, as a co-speaker, you can't login to an account and see the submissions that you are involved in. You can make 'something' work, but not using an account based approach.

Finally, I would really have liked to have had the possibility to look at the 'back end' during assessment, but having used it now, I totally agree that I would have overlooked some key aspects of the product. So I understand that strategy even though during assessment it was a little frustrating! Award Force will spend time showing you the admin panel, it's just not a hands on experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Even if you have a slightly different use case but it looks as though this product fits the bill, don't hesitate to ask the Award Force team if they think the product will work for you. There's no benefit to them in telling you that it will work if it doesn't and you might be pleasantly surprised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Standard events software tends to be weak on the call-for-papers support in my experience. While Award Force is not specifically aimed at the conference market, it was the best solution I reviewed by a long way.

The conference is for open source technical folk and they ALWAYS have something to say about the solutions that you implement. For the first time ever, though, the only complaint was about the co-speaker access... and to be fair, right now the product is not set up to support that so it can't be called a fault. Apart from that, we had great feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

As program manager of a scientific research program, Awardforce helps me to collect grant applications, invite reviews, and support decision making based on those reviews. As an online application, with role-based levels of access, there is no longer a need to shift any paper work around. Applicants and reviewers were very positive about transitioning to this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software is highly flexible in the definition of fields for applicants/entrants. I was a bit surprised that fewer options exist for defining fields for the judges/reviewers. Overall, it met my needs, but a minor issue was that currently all judging criteria in VIP judging mode need to be scored. Inviting comments is optional. I woud like to be able to invite one overall score, paired with detailed comments on specific review criteria. We resolved this by asking our judges to provide comments in a structured way and that worked actually quite well. Still we hope new features will be added in future releases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to receive all documents pertaining to grant management (applications, reviews) via email and had to move the relevant documents around a lot (to reviewers, to meeting documents, to archives). Document management is automated now and this saves a lot of time and prevents errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AG
What do you like best?

The one thing I found excellent is the 24/7, professional and friendly help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't find anything specific that I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Award Force to anyone looking for excellent customer service, value for money and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has enabled us to smoothly manage our grant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Support always available from the team at a minutes notice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing to complain about. Support always available when needed and guidance available on the site is always a great first response to any issues I've ever had. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save yourself time and therefore money and resources by investing in Award Force. I would most definitely use for future award ceremonies and other appropriate events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Award Force has saved my team so much time when it comes to filing award submissions, preparing files for Judges to review and applying Judges scores to find a winner in each of our 13 award categories. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how simple Award Force is to use and how straight forward it is to find the answer to any queries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Literally nothing! It's really user-friendly and simple to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can do entries, judging and payments all in the same platform. So simple! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Award Force serves as the ultimate HUB for management of our student competition. From User information access and data, entry submissions management and all judging! This platform has saved us in hundreds of labor hours that we used to incur from handling our competition manually! WE LOVE AWARD FORCE!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our list of dislikes is very minimal. The system and customer support has allowed for us to do a lot of customization of our features to match many aspects of our competition.

I do wish that the certificate customization had more options like a landscape version with full design upload vs. just a header and footer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not regret it! Best investment ever! Our team has streamlined our level of efficiency 100%. We have heard from all participants in our challenge from students to judges that they loved the online system and found it very user friendly and professional! Having a 3rd party team like Taoti Creative really helped us get up and running faster than if we did set up of Award Force in house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

User insights and data has been a great benefit. Would love to see this area expanded in a user dashboard that would show specific statistics about our users. Locations, ages, genders ect. We can get this data by filtering exports ... but would be a nice feature if the system could arrogate the data into a customized dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Award Force is easy to navigate from an administrator standpoint from setting up the entry process to judging and pulling reports. The quick response time and thorough tech support is beneficial for new users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to preview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our last awards software platform was outdated and difficult to navigate. Award Force has a simple dashboard for users and administrators. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Program Manager
What do you like best?

Both managers, applicants, and judges have all been extremely pleased with the product and have commented on how easy the grant process has become compared to previous years. What I like best about it is as a first time user (and not a very technically oriented first timer!) is that I was able to navigate the program and set up applications and judging parameters fairly easily thanks to the amazing online help. I often found the answers I needed with the content of the "need help?" tab but I did on occasion need more help beyond that. Responses from the technical advisers were fairly quick and thei assistance was given with great patience! I love the flexibility of the program even at the starter level we chose to purchase. I called numerous granting organizations to get suggestions for grant management programs and all of the suggestions we way out of our price bracket. It was a lucky day when I stumbled upon the Award Force website and after a live conference call with one of the AF representatives, me and my fellow staff members knew this was going to be the right program for our needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the next level up wasn't so expensive, otherwise we would consider a version with more functionality. For instance it would have been nice to be able to do mass emails to applicants and judges which I thought would have been a very basic function for a program as such. Despite that, I can't complain about the entry level program since we are a small organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time and read all the suggestions before reaching out for technical help because the answer is often right in front of you. The "sanity checks" were of enormous value to help work out all of the kinks in the set up process. Make sure you do multiple test runs for both judging and applications before launching a program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Award Force has dramatically improved our service to both applicants and judges. It can be a real challenge to recruit judges because of the time commitment required in order to do a good job. I think judge retention for next year will be easier since using Award Force. The feedback I got from them is that all enjoyed the experience of judging and they felt is was a rewarding experience. For applicants, we had a greater number of people apply because it was so easy. This is particularly important for our organization since for many of the applicants, this was the first grant they have ever applied for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use system that looks professional and does what it's meant to do. Support staff are very easy to contact and reach and provide very useful information. Comparatively, Award Force also offers more functionalities than other award management platforms for similar or less costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would benefit from a few more functionalities e.g. entrant polling functions. During the application entry stage, the ability to add images or videos as the entrant applies would also help to make things more engaging and keep the applicant interested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to engage with our stakeholders in a professional way without making the process cumbersome or difficult. It's also easy to use the platform for different projects we run (we have 3 live AF platforms at the moment). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The set up guide makes creating a nomination form intuitive and helps ensure we do not leave out any steps. Also the support we have had throughout set up and configuration has been excellent. Anytime we reached out we would normally get a response within an hour, with a resolution. Very refreshing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We struggled with the flexibility around certificates. There are minimal editing capabilities, and formatting options. But the other capabilities are excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

One of our key requirements was SSO, and Award Force is one of the only tools of it's genre to enable this. A big tick for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having used SharePoint before to manage our company wide awards scheme, we found the admin post nominations painful and time consuming. Though we haven't quite got to that stage yet in our nomination process, we can already tell that through the judging capabilities it will save us a lot of time and a lot of printer ink. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

We are currently using Award Force for an upcoming awards program with over 360 entries and multiple rounds of judging. Award Force helped to make the submission process easy and their support team walked me through everything I needed to start the judging process. They empowered me to be able to complete the process on my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are almost too many features and abilities that I find myself learning something new every time I contact the support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Award Force streamlined the submission and review process of the awards program. We are now able to have everything in one place and have access to prior year records at our figure tips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Events Coordinator
What do you like best?

I like how quickly the team respond to your queries. They are understanding, clear with their responses and offer 'easy-to-follow' advice. They're very supportive and if your query can't be fulfilled, they are always eager to improve their platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you have to link everything up to get things to work on the platform as this can take quite a while to do, to ensure everything is linked up properly. Ie: fields, tabs, ensure things are displayed, field order, etc. It can be very time consuming and frustrating when things don't go your way!

Although I understand that it allows you to have full control of the platform and arrange exactly how you want the entry platform to be, those who don't understand technology might struggle to understand and use this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're unsure about how things work, Award Force will help you quickly. The platform offers you various functionalities including stats for your own personal use, to use for comparisons of year upon year. Award Force is a great step forward in the right direction and I would encourage anyone who is unsure of an entry platform, to go ahead and proceed with trying this. From file uploads, to entry criteria, to data, it is ideal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to find various pieces of data about our Awards: how many people enter; where they're from; how many submitted/created an entry in-between specific dates; payment being all in one place; promotional offers; judging.

The benefits we've realised would be that you can literally hold the entire 'Awards entry' through this platform, including judges 'judging remotely'. Everything is easy to link with payments/banks and we try to utilise the majority of functionalities Award Force has to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Events and Training
What do you like best?

Works great and is very user friendly. It is an affordable price and meets all of our needs. It has a fair amount of customization allowed. Our submitters had a pretty easy time submitting the material and our judges were able to review very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish their was a little more robust ability to email from the software. Also, we used it for a call for presentations which worked mostly well but some things weren't ask great. I wish the software could communicate with all presenters not just the submitter. Sometimes the software also got a little buggy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do a demo to make sure it meets you need. It isn't hard but it does use markup language which is a little strange. It does take a little time to set up right (a day or two). It does require a submitter to make an account a little bit of hunting and pecking to find how to edit settings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using for our call for presentations for our conference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The app is very flexible in how it can be setup and the tech support is the best I have experienced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There can be a great deal of setting up for sophisticated configurations but that is to be expected and the support team went above and beyond in helping set it up Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Allowing various reviewers to collaborate across different part of the world and for me to manage and monitor their progress easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The assistance and expertise from the staff is unparalleled. I honestly could not believe how patient everyone was. They always responded very quickly and always explained things perfectly. The software itself is working beautifully for us and I am so happy we were able to work with Award Force. It makes us more professional and better able to engage with people who are entering our awards. I absolutely love Award Force. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It is amazing. Price, support and everything is spot on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We look much more professional. It saves me printing out word documents, it just streamlines the entire process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The team was super helpful

it was easy to load content

Platform is widely used so industry is familiar Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality about how the awards moved through the stages and how the results displayed were not to my preference (would have like to see a score card for each judge without opening individual entries) (had to reject all the entries that didn't pass to the next round - would have like another mechanism to do this since it took AGES to reject all the entries in some categories and the system doesn't like to display more thank 10 entries at a time without timing out!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Service is beyond amazing. Team is always there to answer questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a platform that lent credibility and transparency to our awards program. AwardForce's reputation gave us that legitimacy awards. To increase transparency we enlisted multiple judges and all of them commented on how seamless the platform was. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Award Force?

Award Force Categories on G2