Avochato Reviews & Product Details

Director of Operations
What do you like best?

Quick setup and plays nice with a lot of other enterprise tools. Integration with Zapier for automated messages and the ability to toggle between the mobile app and the web version easily. Great support email/phone support when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pricing was a little more competitive and offered more ala carte options rather than the bundles that include every bell and whistle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for something quick and easy implement, Avochato is good solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improving communication with prospects and clients. Worked great for our sales team's lead follow up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Avochato Overview

What is Avochato?

In today’s connected world, customers are in the driver’s seat. Customers want the flexibility to communicate with businesses across any channel and when they do, their experiences need to be personalized, instant, and always on. Facing increasing customer demands, sales, marketing, and customer support teams must rise to the occasion. Fortunately, Avochato makes it easy for all teams to connect with customers and deliver a seamless and efficient experience every step of the way from lead capture and nurturing to post-sale support. The result: You increase engagement with your customers close more deals, faster than ever before.

Avochato Details

Avochato is a mobile messaging platform for customer relationship management.

Avochato
2016
San Francisco, CA
@avochato
228 Twitter followers

Avochato Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Avochato community
Have you used Avochato before?

Avochato Reviews

Showing 193 Avochato reviews
Already have Avochato?
What do you like best?

Esta plataforma es un CRM que te permite manejar la mesajeria movil para tus equipos, podras comunicarte de una manera eficaz y segura, solo debes configurar tu numero de telefono de avochato y listo, ya estaras comunicandote con tus clientes potenciales a traves de mensajes de texto. Tiene excelentes integraciones como Office 365, Slack y SalesForce Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

su aplicación movil deberia mejorarla, un par de veces se me bloqueo y no pude ver etiquetas ni recibir ningun tipo de llamdas, solamente mandar mensaje de texto y recibir. De resto no he tenido ningun tipo de inconvenientes, todo lo contrario me permite mantenerme en constante contacto con proveedores y clientes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Si deseas tener una comunicación constante con tus proveedores y clientes, definitivamente avochato es tu solucion, es accesible para muchas personas, podras realizar llamadas, recibir y enviar mensajes y el numero te lo proporciona el mismo codigo de la plataforma, no te tienes que preocupar por eso. Podras realizar un facil seguimiento a la comunicación que ofreces a los usuarios en tu negocio. Totalmente recomendado Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

utilizamos la programacion de llamadas y mensajes que nos proporciona avochato para comunicacrnos con los clientes y nuestros proveedores, asi ahorramos tiempo y establecemos una constante comunicación con eficacia. Es una plataforma muy liviana pero a su vez solida, es muy facil de utilizar y permite tener un solo dispositivo para la interaccion y comunicación diar. Creamos grupos con nuestros clientes para mantenerlos informados de nuetras actualizaciones y promociones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Alex Changho
Co-Founder / CEO
What do you like best?

We use Avochato heavily and the API works great. Customer support is very responsive via text (obviously) and the tool is priced well for our needs. The best feature is a continuous history of texts with a user that allows us to provide great customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI needs to look a bit more modern and the mobile apps have a lot more work to be done. Desktop experience is much better than mobile and would be great to see a UI facelift soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We support 100% of our customer orders through Avochato and do not have to hire a call center. Instead text-based support is more personable and cost efficient. API is robust and allows us to automatically send the majority of texts through the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder, Go-To-Market
What do you like best?

I cannot recommend Avochato enough. If I was forced to only use one channel to communicate with customers between email, phone calls and SMS, I would go with Avochato. Our engagement rates with Avochato are higher than email and phone calls combined - and our engagement rates were already quite strong. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I'm being nitpicky, there are some UX/UI issues with the mobile app that will almost certainly be cleaned up in future updates. That said, the app is still incredibly effective for managing campaigns and touch points on the go. I would highly recommend Avochato even without a mobile app - its magical. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the automation sequences set up via Zapier ASAP - you'll be blown away at the increase in responsiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Avochato, I've found a tool that allows me to engage quickly with leads and customers through a channel that I previously only reserved for VIP clients due to the pain/confusion of mixing personal SMS with work - plus the challenge of manually importing contacts and mass messaging was unscalable. Avochato has boosted engagement by 30%+ and we haven't begun optimizing our outreach copy. Customers who were previously difficult to engage are thrilled to leverage SMS to learn more about our solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The avochato platform works consistently, as designed, with (in two years) zero downtime. The API is simple to use but has methods for all the functionality I need. The team is responsive from sales to development. Everyone is appreciative of my business (and keep in mind I'm a small business with 15 employees) and treats me like an important client. Ultimately, avochato fills a fantastic space as more and more business conversations move away from e-mail to SMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were one or two small issues during our setup with the avochato integration with Slack. Some of our frontline staff use avochato only through slack and do not touch the avochato dashboard. The slack /avo command wasn't working as expected. I brought this to the attention of the development team. They promised me a timeline for a fix (one week I think), then provided me an update when the issue was fixed faster than previously expected. This kind of communication and pro activeness is what makes me excited to work with the avochato team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth a trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our customers (and potential customers) want to interact with us through text more than through e-mail and it's reaching a point where interacting with us through text exceeds other channels. Avochato allows each customer to feel like they are interacting with someone on a cellphone in a very personal fashion, when in fact, they are interacting with a team. This happens so seamlessly with avochato. This is what really adds value in the sales process. Also, the webchat feature is a huge plus—basically it moves webchat onto the customer's phone and into a SMS thread instead of having to keep your browser open—plus that's a simultaneously seamless way to capture a potential lead's cell phone number right off the bat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Photographer
Dairy
What do you like best?

They have the ability to give each person a unique login, I love that I can give each team member their own login. I also love that I can resend the same message again, having the ability to resend broadcast saves me time from having to create new broadcast each week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an auto-schedule program. I send the same message weekly as a reminder, I would love to see an auto push to a group of tagged account each week so I wouldn't have to schedule it myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software and great support, they really listen to feedback and they implement what customers are asking for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are reminding the customer of ordering deadline as well as assistance in sales communication. We are seeing more orders coming in on time. We also have a new avenue for office staff to communicate with our sales team in a form that works well for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SMS Marketing Coordinator -Cash Marketing
Internet
What do you like best?

I really like how simple Avochato's interface is, it's pretty easy to navigate and is aesthetically pleasing to navigate through. I've used other chat services that have way too much going on as far as buttons, links, and search bars, Avochato keeps it simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were a few glitches with notifications not being 100% accurate, for instance it would sometimes tell me there were more unread messages than there actually were in my inbox, but Avochato's customer service is great about taking feedback and making improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take a spin with the trial, it's a lot different from typical chat tools in the tech industry, I think you'll find it's layout is much more user friendly than most and that their team is exceptionally great when it comes to support and also taking feature requests seriously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Avochato makes it easy to quickly communicate with our customers in a human way and also allows me to organize my work by using the tags feature. I also like how we can filter which members of my team receive chats and how we can separate what queues each of us are in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Member Services
What do you like best?

The customer service is really fantastic. They are all very quick to respond and answer any questions I have regarding their services. Their Broadcast feature is great. It allows me to send text messages to a segment of people (any size) and send them personalized messages all at the same time! The best feature I found that totally differentiated them from their competition was the option to use our existing landline phone number as our textable number as well. Our members know and trust our existing phone number, so it was crucial for us to be able to keep that. They were able to split our land line phone number to still be able to receive normal phone calls on our VOIP phones but then if someone wants to text our exact same number, they still can. There was zero interruption with out phone service when they switched that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing I would like to see them update is filter options in the messages or contact section. Other than that, I think they are continually working to make improvements which makes things better overtime! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely give this product a try over any competitor. I did tons of research and these guys, hands down, have the advantage over others! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to reach our members in a whole new way with Avochato. Before we were limited to email and print notifications. Now we are able to instantly communicate with members on their phones! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
What do you like best?

It's great to communicate with clients through SMS and phone calls, so you can follow each particular case even if is assigned to a different operator. It's excellent to organize big teams, prioritize actions and is effective in managing a big amoung of clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This isn't something that I dislike but can be a trouble for some people. We require a team with a good skill set to fully implement this tool because isn't easy to use for beginners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My biggest piece of advice that I can give to someone who is looking for a tool of this kind to use is: use Customer Support if there is something you can't solve by your own hands. They are great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest benefit we got using this tool was the capability to create from zero effective Customer Support teams and being able to organize them in a matter of hours to properly give attention to our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Political Director / COO
What do you like best?

How easy to use. Avochato is easy, and their customer support is wonderful. They sent me a text with a notification, I responded, and they interacted with me immediately. This notification was to save me money, so I didn't go over my plan. I totally recommend it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to send a sample text to my own number to see how the text looks. That said, they do show you on the computer how it will look, but sometimes its a bit different. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, you will love it. It is easy to use and it meets all the requirements that you will need for your enterprise or project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to run some polls, some txt townhalls, and to remind people of events or activities. Many people replied and interacted with my content... it is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guest Sales Manager
What do you like best?

The Avochato Customer Success team interactively listens to your goals, challenges and observations to provide best case use answers. If an answer is unknown, the team does not shy away from expressing it. They will connect you with a Subject Matter Expert to achieve your desired goal. Their rapid response and thorough explanation has been key to our growth! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We see ‘dislikes’ as feedback for improvement on functionality of the features. We understand that our observations and requests may only fit our industry and not as a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

“Promoting dialogue” We love the personal relationships that have blossomed from our implementation. Our teams meet biweekly to discuss observations and challenges, giving real time status updates of their roadmap and suggestions to their engineering teams. We are also a fan of their blog including release notes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Realtor
What do you like best?

Lead Capture via text. Helps with anti social & new generation leads. Some people are reluctant to speak to sales people over the phone because it can be intimidating, but once you've had a chance to warm the lead up via text, it becomes easier to connect with the lead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When the phone calls come in, they take awhile to transfer. I feel like maybe the phone has rung for too long before I get the first ring on my phone. I wish it transferred instantly so that I could have a higher chance of converting the lead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check to make sure the customizable auto response options will work for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's generated a ton of real estate leads from my For Sale signs. It's a great way to achieve new business from listings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I really love how I can message my customers when there is a sale or new offer. I can message them quickly an efficiently. I used to have to message individually. Now I can message those that have been tagged OR I can message them as a group and it appears as if I messaged them individually. Also, I hate tech stuff --- I need things explained to me simply and efficiently.... I love that Avochato's customer service is always available to help you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the caps on messages. It's a costly service to begin with, which I'm willing to pay -- but the fact I am held within a messaging threshold is restrictive for my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can reach my audience quickly + easily but the messages look individual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Avochato is great for delegating conversations to team members. The blast feature is also extremely handy for immediate needs on a multiple-recipient list. I also love being able to schedule texts to send at a later time, very similar to the boomerang add-on in Google Office Suite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app crashes very frequently, many calls are dropped, and generally, the lag time for delivery of texts is a huge obstacle when an office is looking to streamline communications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend this for a sales team, or any lead-based work. I do not recommend for managing a high volume of employees or anything other than bait and hook sales. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My staffing company uses this to communicate with our Brand Ambassadors. Hopefully, we will be integrating into our sales force soon, so that we can tap into a streamlined platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer SUccess Advocate
What do you like best?

Avochato makes it super easy to manage and market to specific groups of people. Avochato has truly changed how our organization develops and maintains relationships with our clients and users. Our team would truly be lost without Avochato's easy-to-use software! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Any glitch, bug, or product improvement our organization has had is usually addressed quickly. We've had some issues int he past with missing notifications, glitchy buttons, screenshots, etc. However Avochato is quick to respond and make changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SMS college student outreach marketing. Tag make using Avochato easy to broadcast specific messages to specific groups at various universities nationwide to foster new relationships with our users. Additionally, having the option for quick and seamless support from the Avochato technical team makes it easy for us to focus on our core work goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

National Technology Associate
What do you like best?

Biggest upside is unlimited users at no additional cost with the ability to add new lines at only $10 each. Combined with low learning curve makes this a truly scalable solution that my users have loved. That auto-responses and other quick actions make this app a joy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Biggest downside is the limited integrations provided (if not using native salesforce version which has a high cost). Other big downside is like of SIP phone provisioning, requiring the use of a secondary phone system. Also, the avochato team seems to be overbooked/lacking in resources which leads to slow follow up times and lack of configurations. Hire more developers! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-Know the limitations before buying in (Calling and integrations) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Outbound communications have seen a huge improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SAles and Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

How easy the system is to use!

The Phone app makes on the go texting available.

We have been able to incorporate Keywords into our directional signage as well as print ads - that allows people to get information at their finger tips! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integration with our CRM system was rather difficult, but that was not solely Avochatos fault.

Getting logged out on my phone app and then having to log back in and try and remember my password.

I wish the phone app had more features that the desktop version does. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Capturing RSVP's for events and being able to send out reminders to a large group of people quickly.

Keeping in touch with Realtors on a monthly basis on a platform they actually use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I enjoy all of the options I have in using Avachado. I am able to modify the program to best fit what my company needs to use it for. It it also very easy to navigate. Even people who do not have the most experience with computers or technology in general can figure out how to use this system quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike much. I would say that the notifications were a bit of a struggle for my company. The way we are utilizing this program requires us to have different notifications for each user. We were able to figure it out, but it took some time with trial and error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communication with orders can always be a bit tricky. My customers have specific salesman and they are not always available to talk when my customer needs them. The text option is great so my customer can get their order in right away and get it off their plate and my salesman can see the order and get it filled when they have a chance to look at it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creative Director
What do you like best?

I love the direct communication with my customer/consumer. It allows me to communicate with them quickly and promptly. I’ve gone from waiting for customers to call me back or respond to hearing from them the same day and or seeing them in my store. Foot traffic has increased. I love that I am able to login in anywhere and use the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the mobile app. It is not very workable in the sense that I am not able to use it 90% of the time I would like to. And since I am not always at the store I would like this to be useable so I continue my customer service from anywhere. I would also like the sms marketing to be a little bit more user friendly or to have had some training on that so that we could get the full benefits of the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Avochato to a large Busniess or a small local business it really has to easy and capacity to grow either. Allows you a direct relationship with your consumer and allows them to feel like they can reach you at any time growing that relationship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Avochato we were waiting for customers to contact us back but now we have direct communication with them and they love it and we love it. Very smooth transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
Automotive
What do you like best?

The communication between representatives and customers is great, also the ability to sort/file all of my broadcasts makes things very helpful. Driving customers towards my business through the power of text messaging is something that opens up a whole new door in the world of marketing, especially with the amount of people constantly looking at their phone screens! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The text messages do not roll over on your next billing cycle... so you either have to use exactly the amount you purchase or buy more... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My company is reaching more previous customers than before. Nobody is really putting down emails anymore... Its all phone numbers, which makes funneling sales extremely efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President
Environmental Services
What do you like best?

We like how easy it is to use the features, like auto-responses and sending out large broadcasts. We also like the user interface for the chat box on our website. It was easy to customize and looks super custom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that emojis take up so many characters and thus are too costly for us to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're on the fence, give it a try. We found it to be much more useful than we anticipated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved the problem of reaching a large number of our clients for renewal services. We have found email to be unreliable for this task, but text messaging has been very effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Nothing, it did not do what we were told it would do. Avochato is not an SMS/Text based platform. E-mail or Avachato app notifications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Contacted support and our account rep several times with our concerns. They responded, but never resolved the fact that we are not getting any text communication from our customers. Notifications were not persistent, leading to poor customer service response by our team. We will be switching back to Olark, which had 100 times more engagement by our customers and worked well for us. Overall, extremely dissatisfied in Avochato. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None, Avochato led to a significant drop in our customer service performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that Avochato allows users to send broadcast text. This feature is very helpful and speeds up the process of sending multiple texts at once. I also like that Avochato allows you to schedule texts for later dates and times as sometimes things need to be sent to our employees at a later scheduled, but specific time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how Avochato does not allow group texts. It also glitches a lot and can cause issues with sending texts, sending photos, and loading. Getting photos of Avochato proves to be an issue as well. Sometimes they will not load and send, and you have to drag them off a desktop versus copying and pasting with services like iMessage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avochato needs more speed and loading on its website. It needs to be fast for users who are using it for a main form of regular communication. Group texts would be ideal as sometimes we need to talk to multiple employees at once and the other employee's responses can be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Avochato to communicate with all of our part time employees. We use it to send and receive photos of uniforms, ask if our employees are on site, and answer any other outlier questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SMS Marketing Representative
What do you like best?

I enjoy the way that Avochato is organized, so that one can seamlessly click between conversations and different numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Though Avochato is a great program, it is very new, and therefore has some growing pains and bugs, as is to be expected. However, Avochato is very good at resolving issues that are brought to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a new program that's not quite worked everything out yet, but it's got a fantastic start and I'm personally excited to see where it goes. would recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Some sorting issues, etc. Benefits are tagging, searching easily, switching easily between numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.