AutoCAD Reviews & Product Details

Job Captain
Architecture & Planning

"I have always liked the ease of use and how the program flows"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and available online help,

Interoperability with other software

What do you dislike?

That It deletes Autosave files when closes

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SUGGESTIONS:

Please be patient and have fun.

AutoCAD is an awesome tool but to be successful it is important that you have a good foundation.

There is a lot to learn and understand. I recommend to all new users to learn as much as you can about it prior to trying to produce anything.

When you first start the program there is a LEARN tab. Do you see the LEARN tab at the bottom? The LEARN panel has several tutorials in it to allow you to get familiar with the program.

Also, when you do get started drawing something, I recommend to start out drawing the room you are sitting in. Take real measurements and draw accurately. Use the Line command, then use the text and dimension features to dimension it etc. Doing small tasks such as that will get you familiar with the tools you have in front of you.

Speed and accuracy with our product development

What is AutoCAD?

Subscribe to Autodesk® AutoCAD® including specialized toolsets and get access to industry-specific functionality, greater mobility with the new web and mobile apps, and the latest feature updates. Speed up your work with specialized features & libraries for mechanical design, architecture, 3D mapping, and more while working in a familiar AutoCAD interface. Only AutoCAD, with the new web and mobile apps, gives you the freedom and flexibility to work on anything, anywhere, at any time. Design and draft using the latest features and functionality included in subscriber-only updates.

AutoCAD Screenshots

AutoCAD Profile Details

AutoCAD Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Chinese, Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Autodesk
Description
Autodesk software has helped designers, engineers, visual artists, students and makers imagine, design and create a better world. Advances in accessible 3D design and fabrication technology are disrupting the design, engineering and entertainment professions as we know them.
1982

AutoCAD Reviews

1-25 of 830 total AutoCAD reviews
Expert System Engineer

"wonderful design program"

What do you like best?

Features I like;

2D and 3D drawing

Ready drawing templates

Very nice to use, there are many shortcuts and uses depending on the use of the mouse.

The installation takes about 4-5 minutes.

Licensing is simple and very easy. He doesn't bother us.

The colors used in the interface are not tired.

The design features zoom without losing image quality and this is great for detail input.

What do you dislike?

I think that there is no better application in drawing and design than Autocad. I cannot comment negatively about AutoCad.

The application, as I said in the title, is perhaps the best in its field. It helps us to make various designs. We design the new branches and vector drawings of technological devices in our conference and meeting rooms. We design and buy giant screens according to the size of the area. With this program, we have 5 large conference rooms. I played a major role in the purchase of the application, I personally and 3 team mates with me tests. a program without alternatives for us. We also make 3D drawings.

Project Engineer

"Best tool for Designing and Drafting"

What do you like best?

I have been using AutoCAD software for almost 3 to 4 years now. The software is just amazing. the user interface is too good and user friendly to use. the toolbars are easy to identify and select the required tool easily, toolbar modify can also to done as per our requirements. Autocad is truly amazing software, It helps us to draw both in 2D as well as 3D drawings.. All types of drawing can be designed in it.

What do you dislike?

The software is best, I dont have much to dislike about it. but yes, here are few points, The software needs high system requirement with minimum of 8GB Ram to run smoothly for the latest 2019 version.. Rendering is not the best, Rendering options can be increased and can be made more good. the tool icons take more space from screen. but can be customized as per our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AutoCad is best the software for any person use and start of with designing. Its very esy to use. Good software for beginners. Creating of Dynamic Blocks takes time to understand, Once you learn it is quick and easy to use..

Working in MEP based company. were the software is used in designing the MEPF services on architectural layouts. It helps me in designing firefighting and plumbing design in architectural block. Helps in creating sections for better understanding of views.

Designer

"The best tool to draw accurately."

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is a software with excellent features that has very advanced and unique digital drawing skills and techniques. Beyond its high precision and functionality, this software is characterized by its ease of use, you do not need to be an expert to obtain excellent results. The tools are unique and truly simple to apply, line, rectangle, polygon, circle, to name a few. The properties of the lines let you know that accuracy is a fundamental part of this software. The user interface is excellent and friendly, the way to select lines and objects is great because it has two modes depending on whether you select to the right or left. The precision does not go only with the drawing as such but also with the way to scale, it offers pre-designed scales and the modality of personalizing them. It has multiple pre-designed pages and adjusted to international sizes but also gives you the freedom to design your own pages.

What do you dislike?

The text editing section is a bit difficult to configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always travel with AutoCAD so you can create the best digital drawings and drawings you can imagine, this tool offers excellent features and resolutions with excellent results and optimal quality so that your drawings are always the best on the market.

As a designer, I can say that the results and the help I get from AutoCAD is unparalleled, since it has allowed me to carry out the development, conceptualization and architecture plans of our business projects for years, always with the best quality, disposition and results. These finished plans allow us to evaluate computations, distributions and operation in a clear and legible way, all thanks to the features and tools provided by AutoCAD.

Architect

"Draw your creations."

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is a very powerful digital drawing software that allows you to draw your projects and creations with the best possible quality. I like it a lot that every year it gets better and better. It has a variety of tools and very effective commands that allow me to draw at pleasure and in a very precise way. It is a software that despite the powerful and effective does not demand many requirements in terms of PC requirements. I like the multiple variety of snaps that allow me to draw more freely and quickly. It is great when it comes to configuring the sheet you want to print due to its high level of precision. I can edit my layers, their color thickness and type. I like that I can import images to the model. Your files are very light.

What do you dislike?

I do not like 3D functions in this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want your plans to have a high level of development, valorization of lines, components and dimensions, you must use AutoCAD since it will allow you to draw the best plans of the market and you will not have competition.

It allows me to draw my plans and projects in a very efficient and precise way, obtaining results of high level and performance. The projects developed in my work site I draw with this software and without much editing I present my bosses and clients. I deliver structural plans and installations with their respective dimensions and all that I can achieve with AutoCAD.

Architec
(10,001+ employees)

"Your most accurate drawings."

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is a very useful tool belonging to the excellent Autodesk chain, which helps you to draw your projects without complications and with a professional and dedicated system. The tools that this software grants are great, the drawing palettes give you many tools to make precise drawings, either from a simple polyline to geometric figures such as circles, rectangles and polygons, to which you can edit their characteristics and properties. The drawing interface is excellent, with a free drawing model. The different edition palettes and drawing accessories such as measurement, block creation, the way you can add hatch, copy and cut, are great tools that help drawing. The scales and the way to apply it are very important and AutoCAD provides it to you.

What do you dislike?

The licensing of this software can be a bit expensive and difficult for many people to afford.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As a professional architect with many years of experience I recommend this useful software that lets you perform wonderful creations, draw freely but accurately and bring the result from the beginning of the drawing, to a drawing ready to take to the printing of plans, excellent results those that AutoCAD gives.

As an architect, drawing is a fundamental priority since they are the basis of any project and with AutoCAD I can draw the plans of the projects that we must execute, I give expression, limited, precision to all the elements of my drawings, I configure scales and sizes of pages and as a result I have plants ready to print, I do everything necessary so that my plants are excellent and with high quality and all this I can achieve with this excellent software.

Arq.

"The best software of Autodesk."

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is an excellent digital drawing and editing software that works in two and three dimensions. It has high capacities for the development of plans in two dimensions thanks to its excellent technical attributes. It has an extensive database of geometric commands such as circles, squares, polygons, lines, arcs, among others. It is excellent since you can work by commands through the keyboard or by commands selected by the icons of your tools. I like the way in which I can incorporate images and bitmaps. It has a powerful geolocalization tool and even displays satellite maps. The way in which I can draw my plans is excellent since it is largely dedicated to it, I can edit the thickness of lines, their type, color and all their properties. It is compatible with many other programs and this facilitates the import and export of files.

What do you dislike?

their license is somewhat expensive and many of its users are students, but I think there are essential licenses for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not a game when I say that AutoCAD is the best software provided by the great family of Autodesk, and it is simply because of its excellent editing tools that allow us to make the best digital drawings and that will always have the best quality, it is easy to maneuver, I recommend it.

As an architect I must always make the best plans and this is achieved with AutoCAD, since its functions are excellent and allows me to do everything necessary so that my plans are in the best way and with good expression and readable, this is achieved using layers and editing its properties, making limited, filling spaces with hatch, in short, this software offers many tools of excellent use and results.

Architect

"Draw accurately."

What do you like best?

AutoCad is a software quite recognized worldwide and in my particular it has no rival when we are talking about digital drawing, it is a quite complete software that allows you to draw precisely what you want. It focuses more than anything in professional areas such as architecture and design but it is also widely used by engineers and graphic designers. I have always liked its interface, with an excellent model for drawing, which allows me to draw at different scales, with different thicknesses of lines, colors among others. I like the high level of precision and accuracy that it has. You should not have a computer with excellent features to work with this software because it does not require too many requirements. I like the way my plans are and how I can adjust scales, adjust page sizes to finally plot.

What do you dislike?

Actually nothing bothers me about this software, among which I use is my favorite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for software that offers wonders when it comes to drawing, do not choose anything other than this one, it is a quite complete software that will allow you to make your drawings in a very precise and effective way, just like AutoCAD can do it.

I have made my plans and do not need to do any type of retouching because with the tools that I provide I can elaborate the best detailed plans and with excellent quality, the demands of my bosses are covered thanks to it. On occasions of personal work my clients are happy to see the quality of plans that I am giving them, with values ​​of lines and bounded and diagrammed.

Graphic Artist
Design

"2d drawing, 3d modeling and drawing of technical drawings of great precision."

What do you like best?

It is a software with a lot of time in the market, it offers a lot of confidence and security its implementation, its commands respond to the professional needs of the most demanding user to draw plans that require an advanced level of detail, it is a consolidated software in the company and with which I have a lot of relationship so the user experience is very satisfactory and during their progress and updates have been offering considerable improvements in the capacity of available resources.

What do you dislike?

It is a very heavy and complicated software to install, its version is updated every year which generates an expense that complicates the company, its printing processes are quite unpleasant and some important commands are not visible to the user so always It is necessary to go to the information available on the web to facilitate and find out which new software incorporations are available in terms of updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Any design industry in general requires a software with the capabilities of AutoCAD a very complete software to meet the demand of digital technical drawing work, I always recommend applying and implementing the most recent versions to have updated all resources and software news, On the web you can also get many add-ons to improve performance which generates benefits within the organization.

I have implemented it in my work area for the 2d linear drawing bases that require lines with different thicknesses and jobs that establish different layers where I can take advantage of the commands available to execute precise 2D drawing tasks prior to creative editing work in other software. design.

Mechanical engineering
(5001-10,000 employees)

"2d digital, professional and perfect for the mechanical design industry."

What do you like best?

I have been using the software for many years and without a doubt its latest versions and updates have improved the performance of the software to facilitate its implementation. It is the ideal program to carry out the task of digital drawing in a 2d format perfectly designed for technical programming and use of the exact dimensions of each design, the commands are very well achieved to do a technical and professional work on each occasion.

What do you dislike?

The workspace and the user interface is still limited in allowing customization of views and automation of processes that should be executed without having to implement so many commands and options to perform a continuous task that could be automated if the user requires it at a certain moment. File linking tools for network modifications are very difficult to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is indispensable in the engineering and construction industry, planning and designing projects based on vision 2d will be a task that the software performs very well, meets the expectations and demands of the highest level of precision what is undoubtedly a determining factor for your choice over other similar programs.

within the mechanical engineering industry, it is very efficient to implement the software for the technical tasks of the office in documentation of digital drawings 2d for mechanical parts and mechanical bodies of high complexity that need a lot of precision in the drawing for the correct disposition of the mechanical parts.

Smart products design

"2d and 3d digital drawing perfectly adapted to the needs of the development of projects."

What do you like best?

The production of technical documentation in 2d format is very well achieved, the commands and tools are very precise and allow to handle the scales, dimensions and details of each product with a professional level very well valued, the use of layers and blocks facilitates the drawing 2d and the weight of the files is quite acceptable, I could export in PDF format is very useful for the visualization of the result.

What do you dislike?

The price is an inconvenience when it comes to small businesses or independent professionals who use the tool, 3D modeling is poor does not seem to meet the expectations of a user experience that is consistent with professional results, printing formats are limited and always costs A little getting used to a complex handling of the plotting center.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is important to follow and update each new version as the software progresses rapidly and constantly implement continuous improvements which facilitates the user experience with the CAD interface and workspace, being very important to keep up with each update.

All 2d digital production of the products I design go through the work of CAD realization which allows me to streamline the design processes and detailed technical documentation of each product and then export it to other complementary software.

Designer

"Excellence in digital drawing."

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is the best software to make my digital drawings, my projects are plasmo in pencil and paper and once obtained I digitize them accurately in this fabulous software. I love the ease and dexterity that this program has when it comes to drawing, the commands are super simple but useful and they allow me to draw with perfect precision. I love the idea of ​​being able to import images and modeling that allow to read lines of other softwares and in this way work with them, as well as the way in which PDF images are imported t digital reading files DWG, SKP, PSD, among others. The way to print, the scale, the way to define, are parts that make this software the best for my drawings without comparison. I am a fan of updates to, or after, as they improve what I thought was unbeatable.

What do you dislike?

It can have several commands a bit complicated, but I think it's excellent, it's very little I can complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you need precision at the moment of drawing this is the right software for you, it provides you with a high level of professionalism and all the tools you need to carry out projects and blueprints efficiently and easily.

Allows me to digitally draw my projects and basic ideas, I have developed them with high precision and professionalism level. My clients demand a level that I can cover using AutoCAD.

Engineer

"Unparalleled drawing tool"

What do you like best?

Auto CAD is undoubtedly the best drawing tool that exists, with years of experience it is improving more and more in its newer versions. I always love its interface and how easy it is to get the best drawings quickly. I like the compatibility that it has with many other software and every year they are more, this association is great. One of the tools that I consider of my favorites is the import and export, since it allows me to work with other programs using this incredible program as a basis. It is without equal the precision and preference with which you can draw, the simplicity in which you can literally make any figure. The plotting method is fundamental, it allows you to modify the size of the sheet, slaves, among others, which are very functional and reduce lost time. The export to PDF is great.

What do you dislike?

I do not like much the way to draw in 3D, but for the rest I do not have any kind of problems with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is the best computerized drawing tool you can recommend, highly effective will give you incredible, professional and highly accurate results.

it allows me to draw in a simple, functional and highly professional way my projects for my personal clients since I work doing plans, my clients are totally satisfied with my work and that is a result of the use of this software.

"Best drawing tool."

What do you like best?

AutoCad is an essential tool to make your digital drawings, useful for architects, designers, modelers, among others. I love the way they are surpassed each year with each new version. I use AutoCad because I love its multiple functions and commands, since you can make 2D and 3D drawings, export for use with other programs and import from other software, as well as the import of JPG images, PDF, among others. Plott's tool and impression is great when it comes to adjusting our work and take a good scale with respect to the sheet. It is simply the best.

What do you dislike?

They could improve the way 3D modeling is done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it's about digitized drawings, do not hesitate to use AutoCad and its wonderful and easy way to work, with multiple and simple commands that will be of pleasure for you.

AutoCad helps me infinitely, there I make my drawings and designs in two dimensions, I adjust them in the drawing, I scale them and finally import to deliver or export to use with other programs.

"AutoCad at its best"

What do you like best?

Auto Cad is one of the best drafting and designing software. its user interference is good and software looks good and easy to use.. Easy to access toolbars. We can also create 3D models.. Creating 3D models helps in getting clear view on the design..

It supports not only two-dimensional drawings but also three-dimensional drawings.

What do you dislike?

It just works as a drafting software, You cant get the Quantities or work sheets generated as per design.. Consumes alot of RAM.. System requirement is high.. Software licence is costly too.. Rendering is not that good

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I always recommend autocad to everyone.. Its easy and simple to use... It needs a fantastic PC to work with handling speed and a high space on the hard drive and Ram of 8Gb atleast.

Working as a electrical designer in company, Works good in creating 2D drawings for better implementation on site. I don't really have major issues with the 2D drafting feature in this software..

Safety Specialist III

"AutoCAD review"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD was a great asset in college. Although tough to use, this application allows you to maneuver and build endless amounts of things. This app allowed me to construct sprinkler systems, houses, and different life safety applications. AUTO CADS endless possibilities for designing and constructing make it worthy of learning to use

What do you dislike?

AutoCAD is a rough application to begin to use. A lot of work begins to feel comfortable using CAD. This is the biggest downfall of my use with the app. The ability to be good and fluidly work with CAD takes quite a while, but once focused and fluid, this app works wonders

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time to learn this application. Become familiar with it before giving up.

CAD is used lightly in my job. We review a lot of CAD plans, but dont use it that often on a hands on kind of way. This allows us to review sprinkler and construction plans.

Engineering Geologist
Oil & Energy

"Top of the Market CAD Software"

What do you like best?

Autocad is an extremely powerful CAD software, which is extremely easy to use. It has simple commands that are easily accessible via the GUI the software provides, which makes learning a lot of them unnecessary, which is not to say that they are complicated to use, since they normally require for you to know only 2 or 3 steps. In autodesk they tried to keep things as simple as possible, from importing to exporting your data to utilizing every editing tool and commands available in the large library that autocad provides.

What do you dislike?

There are only two things I don’t like about autocad, the first one is that it requires a lot of graphic power from your computer to run as smooth as possible, so don’t think you will be able to run it to its fullest potential in a regular PC. Second, the license is extremely expensive, and in cases you are not working every day with plans designs or modelling is just not worth it to pay this vast amount of money. Otherwise I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I always recommend autocad to everybody, it’s hands down the best and most complete CAD software available. However, you need to keep in mind that it is extremely expensive, so you will only turn a profit if you have very specific projects that require the full use of this powerful software, if you don’t then I would recommend you chose some of the cheaper options available, but know that none of them comes near what autocad can provide.

We use autocad mostly for plans designs of industrial facilities, whether they are new designs or modifications required by our customers. We also create 3D models of parts and pieces that accompany the designs created.

News Reporter

"Why do I use AutoCAD"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD is perfect to use when the graphic representation of objects are shown in multiple drawing locations. Then this graphic can be changed once and all occurrences will be automatically updated. AutoCAD supports not only two-dimensional drawings but also three-dimensional drawings. With a three dimensional model, a user can actually create walkthrus and flybys of the project instead of having to create a physical model.

What do you dislike?

AutoCAD cannot produce a drawing file that contains the needed building information for construction. It only offers various tools to create the needed drawings to communicate the design intent but not more than what is graphically shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AutoCAD is well suited for companies that need to mass produce lots of similar but different versions of a floor plan. With some minor tweaks and modifications, many floor plans can be generated that look very different graphically. But if you need to produce something that's very unique or an object that has a very odd and strange shape, then using AutoCAD would be less efficient.

Our firm used AutoCAD across all 3 of our offices. We mainly used AutoCAD to layout two-dimensional plans for various building design projects. We first implemented the use of AutoCAD over 25 years ago to produce high-quality ink drawings to present to our clients.

Ανεξάρτητος Πολιτικός Μηχανικός - Freelance Civil Engineer Professional
(Myself Only)

"Autocad is a excellent software and these are my pros and cons"

What do you like best?

Autocad is what i like to say "a digital pen and paper". It has infinite cappabilities and is easy to learn. Usually if i have a question i get on youtube or autocad forums and i always find the best and easiest solution. It is the most widespread software on drawing so all know it or have it, and that helps if i want to connect with another person to just send the file and he can continue working on it or see it. It also uses on ly the ram of the pc so it works easily and does not need to buy a graphic card.

You can draw on 2 or 3 dimensions, making it easy to do anything.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive. There are a lot of software out there that copy this program and are much cheaper even if they do not have all the benefits of this program. Also the way Autodesk now charges per year is good if you buy it for one year but if you want this program for many years is even more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy this programma but need to understand that this programm is simple digital pen and paper, so if you work as architect you need also to buy Revit to make easier 3d drawings

Overall I wouldn ‘t change this program for all those that are on the market. They are just copies of it and all copies are lesser that this.

I am using Autocad for making drawings for my customers of their homes or future home projects (I work as an architect and I civil engineer), print them, use them to take the building permission or just making some cool posters.

Junior Engineer
Plastics
(5001-10,000 employees)

"OLDEST AS GREATEST DESIGN SOFTWARE EVER"

What do you like best?

All the 2d drafting commands like line, circle, polygon, copy, cut, array, trim, fillate, chamfer etc are best to use, also quick to adopt for new users, as stated in title that software is very user friendly for both generations (Young and old) of engineers. As it is an oldest software in the field of design no one can replace it as a primary and necessary design tool as in Design, drafting, detailing, annotating, modeling etc. in all the design era.

What do you dislike?

I also don't like some things of it like they are not upgraded its versions as per current scenarios, we can not prepare 3ds in autocad like Solidworks, Creo, Solid edge etc. We can not perform simulation (Finite Element Analysis) on it, As autodesk not upgraded its versions as per current requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I hardly recommend this software for those who are new in design field, and all the small firms which are just started their business in the field of manufacturing.

Concept Design, Concept Sketch, Detailed Design and Drafting, Detailed Dimensioning etc..

Arquitecto

" excellent educational tool"

What do you like best?

AutoCAD I enjoy using this program to make plans, over time I have learned the commands to make it easier to use, on occasion autocad allows you to work in three dimensions if you require it, it is an educational tool very useful for both engineers and architects has a lot of functions you can use different types of lines to enhance your drawing as well as different textures that the program offers you by default and you can download blocks to make your project more adapted to people who are not familiar with readings of plans

What do you dislike?

the most difficult thing about autocad is to work in three dimensions, especially the visualization and that there are blocks that have to be paid to be able to use them but in the same way they can be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The biggest recommendation that can be given to autocad users is that when downloading it is for students or for workers (architects or engineers) is that it perfectly manages the program in two dimensions as well as in three since that is the way to get much out of the program.

I have solved many projects with AutoCAD both for the university and for my work, I used it for 5 years for the university, plus I have the facility of acquiring it for free if I am a student for 5 years. and in the office we use it to make the plans of the projects to be carried out in order to build them, we do the survey of the place so that there are no errors when reconstructing or remodeling

Analista de gestión

" AutoCAD is a computer-aided design software used for 2D drawing and 3D modeling "

What do you like best?

Drawing is an easy, simple and quite fast way.

The program offers the artist the opportunity to convert their works to other files as PDF and to share them effectively and easily with anyone.

This also has tools to make the jobs are as perfect as possible, both aesthetically and in information, as we find tools to limit as well as giving us boxes, text options, colors, realistic presentation methods among others.

This program saves us more time when designing, since it is much quicker to draw here than to do the drawings by hand.

AUTOCAD is a great tool as well as for engineers, draughtsmen, architects and others

What do you dislike?

Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon x2 dual-core processor

2 GB of RAM (8 GB or more recommended)

500 MB of hard disk space

3D graphics accelerator card with OpenGL version 1.4 (OpenGL version 3.2 or later is recommended)

Screen resolution of 1280 x 768 (recommended 1920 x 1080, Full HD)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thanks to its advanced and convenient features, nowadays AutoCAD is a fundamental piece in any study of architectural design or industrial engineering, and is commonly used for the development and elaboration of complex pieces of technical drawing in two dimensions (2D) and for creation.

It is more feasible and practical to work in AutoCAD. It saves time and is simpler.

It allows exchanging information not only by paper, but by means of files, and this represents an improvement in speed and effectiveness when interpreting designs.

It has been linked to multiple platforms, with the benefit of being able to export and import files of all kinds.

It has tools so that the paper document is perfect, both in aesthetics, as in information, since the finishing and presentation of a project or plan is important.

It is possible to draw both in 3D and in 2D: from the 2D drawing in plan, there is the possibility of generating the 3D model in a much shorter time than the time it takes to draw an isometric or a perspective by hand.

Less work time: productivity when drawing. With tools for project management you can share information effectively and immediately.

Practicality: ease in the modifications and order

Industrial Engineer
Civil Engineering
(10,001+ employees)

"A tool capable of implementing the 2D digital drawing in a great way."

What do you like best?

The workspace and its toolbars work correctly and allow me to execute the commands and options effectively and quickly, their visual capabilities for 2D drawing are very complete, creating layers, blocks and line thicknesses is ideal for a Professional drawing and the level of precision of the drawing is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Some commands are not visible in the workspace and their functions and usefulness are not specified, it is a very rigid software, not very flexible and dynamic and the process of printing and scale of formats is quite tedious to reach the expected result.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is essential to have basic knowledge about the capabilities of the software and the use of commands and metric parameters to make 2D drawings digitally.

In my area of ​​work, it is perfect for drawing constructive details and engineering pieces that require great precision and different scale sizes for project presentations, it seems to me a software with many professional possibilities in the development of 2d drawings.

Manufacturing Engineer (Forging)
(10,001+ employees)

"Fast and User Friendly CAD!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to flesh out designs without constraints or requiring parametric relations. AutoCAD is great for the first stages of design when you might need to slash and hack like drawing a napkin sketch. Other software is not as free/open, often requiring specific measurements to be entered.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the rendering ability of AutoCAD. AutoCAD lacks fully functional ray tracing inside of AutoCAD itself which makes it very difficult to get accurate renderings without another software to help. I draw a lot of parts and use renderings to make them appeal to consumers of the products. Without a fully functional add-on or standalone product, AutoCAD is not able to deliver highly realistic renderings out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AutoCAD is the most user friendly, fully functional CAD software I have used. Definitely try AutoCAD!

AutoCAD is used to edit drawings of machine parts that are more than 20 years old. This lets us keep a vast database of almost every part that has ever been made by our facility and we can easily share the DWG format with other platforms.

Transcriptionist
Consumer Electronics

"AutoCAD is so helpful tool"

What do you like best?

It gives you many tools to draw any kind of drawing on a sheet whether it's 2D or 3D dimensions. For industrial purpose it has helped me a lot. It is very versatile software distributed with various functions and features which helps you to recreate your drawing even in a more better way. AutoCAD is a very reputed software in industry of engineering and development which leads the our technology in a new way.

What do you dislike?

AutoCAD offers so much of tools and some of them are complex to learn for a new user. Drawing made by AutoCAD affects when we have to make a very complex project and we have to gain very deep knowledge to do all that thing. AutoCAD requires much powerful platform to run on any system. It so much hangs on my windows 7 but I think it should work fine with windows 8.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is helping me to save my much of time by completing complex drawings in less time. With each new update it gets even better and new tools and features are added. My friends also loved this so much and they are now learning and taking courses how to use it. I hope you will also love it after trying it.

Whenever it comes for drafting and drawing in engineering, I have never thought of any other software because AutoCAD is with me. It is very useful software which helps in drawing many complex drawing in very less time. Really this software is a boon to engineering field and I will recommend every user to go for AutoCAD first, then you will never ever think of any other software.

Supervisor de servicios

"Autocad the best CAD in the market"

What do you like best?

The amount of things that you can do and create in AutoCAD are virtually endless, you can use the software in short and big scale, you can design a park or a building, modelling an office or a city, you can customize the software in the way you want, work with the menu or the command lines, you can use multiple layouts, you can renderize, measure, print, add coordinates and more, for me AutoCAD is just the best.

What do you dislike?

For the beginner user it can be very complex and overwhelming to explore and select the right features, but with some practice you can get the most of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best CAD in the market you cannot look for another one, it is just amazing, but you have to be aware, it is quit expensive too.

Using AutoCAD we could design pipelines, parks and buildings, everything with high precision and detail, we used the software to create measure and modelling specific places and to know where were the areas to deploy new projects.

AutoCAD Pricing