Audition Reviews & Product Details

What is Audition?

Adobe Audition and audio editing software and is one part of Adobe's Creative Suite of software products.

Audition Screenshots

Audition Profile Details

Audition Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

Audition Reviews

1-50 of 220 total Audition reviews
Voice Actor

"Extremely user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Aside from a few initial learning curve moments setting up the audio settings, it's extremely to use this software to professionally edit audio. I use it daily as a full-time voice artist and it does the job wonderfully. I enjoy the presets as well. I remember a while back in college using a different software, but I can't remember what it was called. This other software was much more complicated to me. Adobe Audition is something I was able to pick up pretty easily.

What do you dislike?

I suppose this comes with other softwares but every once in a while I will accidentally hit something and it'll change my set up and I won't know how to change it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend looking up a quick tutorial on Audition for beginner's. Knowing the basic stuff when starting is super helpful, but you should get the hang of it pretty quickly.

I would say the problems I'm solving with Audition deal with my total lack of knowledge when it comes to audio. I don't know left from right when it comes to audio terminology or set-ups so the easier the better. And this program solves that for me.

Deivis Diaz

"Adobe Audition 3.0"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a complete program fulfills many of what is required to work with music and recordings is easy to learn to manipulate and does not require much requirements for installation on the computer

What do you dislike?

It does not have many things that I may not like but since everything is not perfect it has its complications when you start editing and loading effects for what you are doing, it takes a lot and the more effects you put on, the more work gets done

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program because it is easy to manipulate others it will help you edit in multi track and you can do many things which will help you improve and work quickly in everything you do just have patience and dedication ...

The truth has been of vast help and to solve many problems when I work with audio mix and that gives me a lot of benefits for what I do so that knowing the program well becomes easier and faster in what you are working

Junior Executive

"Powerful audio editor"

What do you like best?

Audition is a powerful software to edit sound tracks based on the requirement. Most of the time I use the trimming and mixing functions to remove the unwanted sections of the sound tracks and add whatever sound track segments needed. With the fade options, all those transition points can be smooth out to have seamless output sound track. And the amplitude of the sound wave can be increased or decreases to have the required loudness level. Which is also a super useful feature to level all the audio clip sounds.

What do you dislike?

It is bit hard to grasp the tools and features of the Audition without having prior experience in a similar software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Audition is a powerful software to edit sound tracks based on the requirement. With this you can have all-in-one solution.

For the announcements and information sharing purposes, I use Audition to compose the sound tracks with the tools I mentioned above.

Maintanance Engineer

"Perfect audio file editing software"

What do you like best?

Whenever I want to edit an audio track, Audition is the one and only solution I go for. There are instances where I require to trim and extract a sound file segment to use in company presentations, demonstrations, etc. With Audition, it is truly a five minute job. I can simply select the audio file segment I require and extract it and then do the further processing such as noice reduction, amplifying, fade in/out etc.

What do you dislike?

It would be better to have a more simplified help section to grasp the tools and features to a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whenever I want to edit an audio track, Audition is the one and only solution I go for. It is straightforward and easy to understand. I highly recommend it.

Junior Software Engineer

"One and only digital audio workstation that you will ever need"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition is the best digital audio workstation that I've ever used. DeReverb & DeNoise is the most commonly used feature of the Adobe Audition. Using that feature, I could reduce or totally remove the reverb and backgruond noise from the recordings that I took. It is so useful when a professional grade annousement is released. Other than that, On-clip gain control and waveform scaling, multitrack clip improvements, timecode overlay, Improved playback and recording performance are the other most used features in Adobe Audition.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. The best digital audio workstation ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Audition is the best digital audio workstation that I've ever used. Go for it without keeping any doubts.

Using DeReverb & DeNoise feature of the Adobe Audition, I could reduce or totally remove the reverb and backgruond noise from the recordings that I took. It is so useful when a professional grade annousement is released.

Owner
(Myself Only)

"Really great for editing podcasts"

What do you like best?

I just recently started a podcast with my friend. We are very new at audio editing, and I was scared to make an attempt at editing our podcast episodes. However, after a quick tutorial I found Adobe Audition to be easy to use, intuitive, and the effects made my podcast sound so much better. We now use Audition for every episode and it keeps blowing me away with how simple it is to create a professional sounding audio track. The cut and past actions are so simple, and there was really no learning curve when it came to using this software. Even for a beginner it is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about this software. It is incredibly simple and the customer support is helpful. I am trying to think fo a suggestion but there really is nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you learn about the different effects! You can also save presets so you can increase productivity!

The greatest benefit of this software is how easy it is to edit a track and cut out certain sounds. Editing with Audition has made my podcast sound truly amazing and professional. I love the effects and the ability to create presets so it's easier to edit my show. I also enjoy the interface of the multitrack area, it makes it simple to add transitions and additional sounds to the podcast to make it sound polished and professional.

Video Production
Media Production

"Adobe Audition Review"

What do you like best?

I like Adobe Addition for many reasons. It is very user-friendly and can be a standalone tool for audio production as well as a great extension to Adobe Premier and any other video editing software. I like that it is straightforward and intuitive and the more that you learned the more you can delve into the Advanced functions of the application.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Adobe Audition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend trying to Adobe Audition for any video or audio production that you would like to enhance the audio on.

I use Adobe Audition for my video production business as well as audio consulting. It has allowed me to greatly enhance D audio editing and engineering in the video is that I am producing and has save time and money from having to outsource audio engineering for my video productions.

Music producer

"Excellent tool for composers and audio amateurs"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is the fact that you can take any audio file(wav,mp3,aif) and get it into the edition tab and add any thinkable effect, stretch time, pitch shifter, reverb, distortion, almost anything.I also like the fact that you can actually mix within adobe, you just have to take your audio files and put it into the master tracks and that would be it, from there you can adjust the volumes, efects(reverb, crunsh, compresors) and in general you can try , or if you are an already trained audio engineer, the whole process will be absurdly easy

What do you dislike?

Well, although is a great DAW, the midi and vst engines are not that great, so, its more for handling audio that is already made, for composers who work with midi I would never recommend it. Also, there is not a real way to control, or at least not user friendly to manage those files, so things like aplying a vst into a midi file are a nightmare. I would totally recommend you to only use adobe audition as a audio tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recomend you to use with another daw, for example I use Pro tools + Adobe Audition or Reaper + Adobe audition

More than anything,audio conversions(to wav, to mp3, to aif etc) and everything related to correction, for example, I work a lot with singers, so the edit tool is actually really powerfull to fix "hums" and sileneces.

Junior Executive
Apparel & Fashion

"The best all-in-one digital audio workstation"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition is the best all-in-one digital audio workstation that I could ever find. There are loads of very useful features in Adobe Audition. DeReverb and DeNoise effects, On-clip gain and waveform scaling, wave trimming and merging are some of those. Mainly I use DeReverb and DeNoise effects to fine tune the recordings. By doing simple tweaks with the software, a professional grade sound output can be achieved.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It is the best overall digital audio workstation ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Audition is the best all-in-one digital audio workstation that you could ever find. Keep no worries and go for it.

I mainly use it to fine tune the recordings. Then those recordings are used for automated instruction systems, voice guidance, etc.

Director of Strategic Content
Public Relations and Communications
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Easy and is making me look really good"

What do you like best?

The learning curve for Adobe Audition is pretty flat, actually. After just a little while playing around, I was able to get into a groove and edit my podcast effectively and easily. I love the pre-set templates for podcasts and other projects. I'm still learning a bit about some of the finer points, but this is a great product.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could input an audio file an have the different tracks/layers separate to edit them individually. Kinda like how the layers separate in Photoshop or Illustrator. Especially if the file was created in Audition itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be afraid to dive in! Once you get the basics of how it works, it's really quite intuitive.

I'm creating a podcast for my work. We conduct interviews and produce stories using Audition.

Software Engineer

"The best audio editor"

What do you like best?

Audition is the best software in the market to create and edit sound tracks without any doubt. It is packed with almost all of the required features to create an advanced level sound track. I usually use it to create sound tracks for company presentations and promotion campaigns. It is super simple to use even with it's loads of features.

What do you dislike?

There are no complains so far. All are perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Audition is the best software in the market to create and edit sound tracks without any doubt. Go for it.

Whenever there is need to create or edit sound tracks, Audition is the one stop solution without any hesitation. The output of it is simply awesome.

Fotógrafo
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Amazing tool to Mixing and Mastering."

What do you like best?

Spectral edition: You can select freely in a range of frequencies with the effect Brush tool and apply these effects to the selection in several degrees. Perfects a selected interval and automatically repairs clicks, pop-ups and other noises using the spot correction brush.

Compatibility of virtual instruments VSTi: Compatibility with a wide variety of virtual instruments. Add midi MIDI tracks to your mix, you can choose an instrument and then record a new sound in the Sequencer.

Multitrack edition: This is one of my favorites, because it allows me to add different sounds to the main audio like fillings, ad libs, or any effect of organic sound in different tracks, being able to join them at the end to give a true touch of authenticity to my songs. Save time and increase accuracy by editing groups of clips. Use the functions of automatic gradual transition with clips in multitrack view; In this way, you can mix files quickly.

What do you dislike?

I would like an improvement for the audio quality; what, is good, but not great. I would like to record some of my instruments to give my own touch to the music that i produce, but sometimes i feel that the audio quality of the sound that i recorded i just not good enough to my quality standars.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Audition is designed to give audio professionals a package of flexible tools for production, recording, mixing, editing and mastering.

With extensive domain and restoration, audition allows professionals to create music and Spots as well as restore faulty recordings with sophisticated editing tools.

I learn to used it with a friend that had his own home studio, and eventually i ended taking that same way. I love the precision that Audition give me to edit the sound, also the efects and the many options that offers me to do the full production work (mixing and mastering) with a very high level results. Once you handled the many features that Audition has, you going to take your creativity to another level. Me personally use it to do the productions for my music and for any independent artist who hires my services.

"Best Post Production Software"

What do you like best?

the interface provided by Adobe is really awesome and good looking. you have multiple multitrack editing panels and all the essential tools needed to edit. also, the interface is customizable by the user which gives a lot of options like you could create your own workspace and save it for later, in that way you can save a lot of time on editing. the program is a part of the Adobe creative cloud suite which means you can easily work with other creative cloud products like premier and after effects. you can also work with adobe captivate and export the audio directly into it after editing which i find really helpful.

What do you dislike?

the pricing isn't cheap and needs a subscription to get you going. comparing with most of the other sf=oftwares in the market the price is on the high side and most of the average users won't be able to use it. the software, unlike many others, is very hard to learn for a complete newbie. you either need time or knowledge in a previous version to get going. this is not a software like many where you can do your quick edit, it needs a lot of work to make it look good. the software is best suited for post-production comparing to music production as the software doesn't support virtual instruments or MIDI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this is not the best you can get when it comes to music production but for post-production, nothing beats it.

post-production of audio, this might be the best software out there.

Journalist

"A Wonderful Introduciton to Audio Editing"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about using Adobe Audition is the immediate accessibility for someone who is beginning working with editing. It was a quick and easy way for me to develop skills that I needed for a professional environment.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I didn't like is that there wasn't some sort of training program. I was expected to know everything immediately! I wished that Audition had a short reliable way to teach me ALL of its capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Audition is a good base for beginner audio editing, but if you or your company are looking for something with numerous capabilities that are maybe not immediately available, then I might recommend something else.

Audition has allowed me to design and throw together audio news stories specifically representing LGBTQ+ news and stories. Not only could I throw together audio clips of people speaking, but Audition made it easy to create and add sound effects to further my stories' quality.

Alimentos

""excellent program to control the audio" "

What do you like best?

I like it for its excellent audio quality, mostly its ease of use is only to work with music and editing of audio voice recordings for the total control of audios, its time and space is very shady giving the speed of installation I really like this program adobe audition,I also like that it is a complete program that meets many of the listening needs and mezclas has the requirements to work with music and that the recordings are easy to record and do not require many requirements for installation on the computer.

What do you dislike?

I do not find things that I do not like, but since everything is not perfect, it has its complications when using it for the first time when it starts to edit and load the effects for what it is doing, it requires a lot and the more effects it effects,

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I totally recommend this program because it is easy to manipulate others, it will help you to edit in multiple tracks and you can do many things that will help you improve and work quickly in all your mixing and recording problems, just have patience and dedication to this program .

I like it a lot because it has been very helpful to solve many problems when I work with the audio mix and that gives me a lot of benefits for what I do, the best use of Adobe Audition, so that knowing the program is easier and faster what you are working on is your own or at work.

Podcast Editor
(Myself Only)

"One of the best audio editing tool"

What do you like best?

Adobe audition is easy to use and there's a ton of tutorials that can help you jumpstart your editing. I work with different clients who provide me with various file types and Audition's wide array of supported files makes it really great. It's also compatible with a lot of plugins that extends the software's functionality. I use it for podcast editing and so far it has been a great experience using this tool. The price is reasonable considering that you can install it on 2 computers.

What do you dislike?

I guess the only thing I didn't like is the subscription model. But other than that, everything works flawlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Audition is a great tool. The best way to really use it fast is to familiarize yourself with the keyboard shortcuts. There's also a lot of great tutorials you can find on YouTube that will help you deal with the learning curve if you are just starting out. One of the best plugins you can add to Adobe Audition is from iZotope called Elements Suite. Works perfectly in reducing noise, mouth clicks and pops.

I provide audio editing service to my clients and Audition helps me deliver professional quality podcast audio.

Content Manager

"Really good for editing sound recordings"

What do you like best?

I like the phase scope, that shows me if my audio has issues with stereo image.

What do you dislike?

It takes a lot of disk space to use Adobe Audition, and I find myself having to clear space on my ultrabook computer when I am using Adobe Audition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The phase scope is useful and I could not find it when I used Audacity.

I use Adobe Audition for editing sound recordings. Sometimes we have recordings of interviews that we host on our web site. I use Adobe Audition to edit and remove the quiet parts of recordings. I have found the stereo phase scope to be the best feature, as I can make sure stereo recordings sound good to the listener.

Specialista IT

"One of the best Great Audio Editor!"

What do you like best?

It's a Great music editor with everything that you will need and even more! It have the multitrack recording functionality, the excellent audio restoration feature. The GUI of the software is intuitive, clean and customizable, and the software provides an huge toolset to handle any type of audio.

It's possible switch between different layout.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Audition is a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud, so you will pay for the service on a subscription basis. The price is expensive for the entire suite (but it is worth every penny that has been spent).

You can't customize the toolbar of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very powerful tool, complete and customizable. If you are new to this kind of software it could scare you, but with a little practice everything will be more familiar. On the web there are plenty of tutorial that can guide and help you better understanding this powerful tool. Definitely for me the best audio editing software, absolutely recommended.

With this software i can record single, multi tracks, editing them analyze the tracks and improve the quality of the sound (in fact it have a full digital mixer so you can adjust the levels like: volume,bass,mid,high, and so on) and other parameters of multiple audio tracks at once.

Graphic designer junior
Graphic Design

"Not so easy, but a powerful tool for our music"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition offers you a lot of tools that you can use to edit and create your music. All the platform is a ready to go platform, with a complete interface and all the things you nees. Also really powerful are the automatic mixing track (that you can use to change the lenght of a song) and the noise removal function.

What do you dislike?

It's not of course easy to use. But you can find a lot of tutorial on the internet. Adobe Audition remain a solid software with no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is not the easiest solution, but I think it's the complete one. It's the best platform that you can use for your audio project. Use it.

I use Adobe Audition for two reason. The first one is to mix and modify music, and clear and enanche the quality of the audio, of the video that we make for our clients. The second is to mix down the bussiness podcast that we are running.

"Best Audio Editing in the Market"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition Creative Cloud is an extremely powerful tool. I used the tool to edit audio recording created and the best thing about the tool is the multi-track editing. it has a lot of features including audio mixing and filter. another great thing about the audition is the addition of plugin, it supports all type of VST plugins and gives you a lot more option while editing audio. its the part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and you could get Adobe cloud storage t safely backup your work, the Adobe support is great, not just the support replies immediately, they have the answer to the question every time and I found it really helpful. the interface is clean and customizable which lets you create a workspace according to your need, really awesome function.

What do you dislike?

the pricing is a little high, even thou when subscribing to all the cloud products you could save few bucks for an average user audition is an expensive tool. the Creative cloud software update is a really bad, the servers can be dead slow and you could feel like it takes forever to update the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it's the best tool available. go for it.

edit and mix audio files.

"A must for any podcast producers"

What do you like best?

The versatility of the application, from multi-track recordings to fixing an audio file it can do it all.

I also like having it link with my Premiere Pro projects, allowing me to work across both programs when creating video content.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to learn if you have no previous experience with similar software. I would highly recommend getting to grips with some free software first.

There are also some keyboard shortcuts that are in other Adobe software but sadly missing from Audition. Also ran into a strange issue when moving large multi-track recordings in a project with magnet tool enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download the trial through Adobe CC, give it a go and I'm sure you'll love it.

Audition allows us to create dynamic podcasts with ease, from the recording straight through to the finishing touches.

Promotions Director
Broadcast Media
(10,001+ employees)

"Best audio editing solution out there!"

What do you like best?

Adobe Audition is by far the best audio editing platform out there. I work in radio and as a DJ, and I use this software often for multiple applications. It's easy to use, quick and has the great name of Adobe to back it up. Adobe Audition also boasts a great number of features, making it the most robust digital audio workstation of its kind.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about Audition. Sometimes I wish buttons and workflows were organized a little differently. But, the great thing is that as with all other Adobe products, you can manage your workflow and customize and resize almost everything. Also, Audition isn't the best if you would like to produce music, but, that's not what it's intended for anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a fast and easy-to-use digital audio workstation that is also accessible for novice users, then this is the software for you. It's so quick and has so many options and features, it's nice knowing that there will never be an audio issue or goal you can't solve or accomplish with Adobe Audition. Take the time to watch tutorials and realize the full potential of this great software.

This allows me to record, edit and export radio commercials and liners very quickly and efficiently. I'm able to deliver to clients very quickly. When something needs to be edited, I can quickly reload a session I was previously working on and edit as needed, then re export and send again.

Lead Video Editor

"Great tool for audio editing"

What do you like best?

Audition is amazing for audio editing. Since the waveform is visible and dynamic, you always see how you are changing your audio file.

The noise reduction is simply amazing and can turn a problematic shooting situation into really great result.

The auto-heal too is also a welcome feature. You can get rid of pops and microphone peaks instantly with only one small selection and keyboard shortcut.

Beyond that, the effects and controls that Audition has make fixing up audio really easy and hassle free. With it's integration with premiere, everything works so well - It's the main reason why we're committed to the Adobe suite.

What do you dislike?

Some tools should be streamilined a little. In my opinion noise removal should be built into the UI instead of all happening in another window and interface. There can be bugs too. It seems every time I try to remove noise for the first time, it doesn't work. I need to reselect, resample, and then it works.

I wish there was more auto-fix tools too. Especially for noise removal. The current auto-fixing tools never seem to yield very good results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Noise reduction is really great. Try always recording a good 10 seconds with no talking before your clips to use as your sound sample. The longer the sample, the better the result.

We use Audition to fix poor audio from our Sony cameras. This happens when there's a lot of background noise or when there is corrupted audio. With it's integration with premiere, the workflow is seemless between the two programs.

"easy"

What do you like best?

it's a very friendly program that i use to make mixes on songs. besides, trough the tool EFFECTS i can manipulate the frequency of determinate song in wich i want to make a change by clicking on " effects/normalize/0 db" and after that i change the amplitude of the sound wave by the route "effects/ amplitude/ limited forced/ 14 db" and back to normalize on -2 db. it makes kind of a re-bounce of the song and it really works for me on my shows.

What do you dislike?

on the windows 7 enviroment, it takes much time to save sessions and the control by key dosen't work that well on my computer. i haven't search that much on the program to change that presets specifications

as a singer i have to produce shows with many themes and songs. so with audition i have the chance to edit songs and make mixes, add or quit songs on the multitrack session, saving data and convert my projects on mp3 format

Owner
Media Production

"Not bad for quick edits or repairing slightly damaged audio files"

What do you like best?

Audition fits nicely in-between low-end and higher-end audio software. It certainly won't appeal to most professional music producers, but it does work well for hobbyists and part-time producers. It has grown out of a product called Cool Edit Pro, from many years back. Adobe has since purchased the software and has added features to make it more capable.

It does some things very well, such as cleaning up audio that may have a little noise. It is capable of multi-track recording/editing, but I prefer to use Apple's Logic Pro for multi-track editing/mixing.

What do you dislike?

There's just something about the layout that I don't like. It's perfectly usable, but it just doesn't seem natural to me. Maybe it's that it still sort of looks like Cool Edit Pro a little. Maybe it's that the controls are not all that easy to manipulate (such as track volume and panning. I'm not sure, but I just don't like the "feel" of this software. I only use it for correcting audio that is too noisy; something it does fairly well and without the need for other, more expensive software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for quick edits and repairs of slightly noisy audio. Not quite robust enough for a full music production house.

I use it to repair audio from video that I shoot. Occasionally, there may be a hum or tasing car that makes its was into the recording; Audition is pretty good at fixing noisy audio - as long as you don't over-correct it.

Web & Media Developer
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Powerful audio editing program"

What do you like best?

I use Audition mainly to clean up and amplify audio for videos I am editing. The noise reduction feature is very powerful and has helped me clean up background fuzz from many of my videos. I currently edit videos in Final Cut Pro but hope to start using Premiere Pro at some point and when that happens I will appreciate being able to go back and forth between it and Audition automatically. I like how all Adobe programs integrate with each other like that.

What do you dislike?

This might be a small thing, but when you are editing an audio file, if the audio file is not playing and you click anywhere in it, the play head will move to that spot. When the audio file is playing and you click anywhere in the waveform it does not move the play-head there. There might be a reason for that but I would like the functionality to remain the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Audition to anyone especially if you use any other Adobe products. If you are doing video production in Premiere Pro this goes along with it perfectly.

I am using Audition to improve audio for video production.

Locutor y Productor 'Abajo El Telón'
Broadcast Media

"Adobe Audition: Compact and powerful"

What do you like best?

436/5000

I like Adobe Audition for being an easy-to-use software, in addition to allowing the integration of third-party plugins that results in obtaining more professional results.

On the other hand, for those of us who work in the world of radio, Audition is a vital complement for the production of the programs and the editing of commercials, loops, jingles and the entire sound library with which we work in a live program .

What do you dislike?

Nothing, is a tool that completely satisfies my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although there are many other software for audio editing, and depending on the need, Audition is the best option due to its easy use, in addition to the best cost-benefit ratio, since for a lower price compared to other software, Audition provides a high level of performance with professional results, especially for those who make a living within the world of radio stations.

It is easy to use and very intuitive, also allows the incorporation of many plugins to give more shape and body to the sound we require in our editing work.

Therefore, if you are looking for a tool for audio publishing that allows you to achieve professional results with a low investment cost, the best alternative is Adobe Audition.

Editing and mixing of audio tracks for the commercials of the clients in the radio, elaboration of loops, production of the radio program and other utilities within the elaboration of the radio program.

Motion Graphics Designer

"Underrated sound editing software"

What do you like best?

Multitrack editor, pre-loaded with decent effects & tools, VST plug-in support. Noise removal tool is very useful for cleaning up low-quality recordings.

What do you dislike?

Not quite as powerful or feature-rich as the current industry leader, Pro Tools, but shouldn't be overlooked

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Audition, at least "out of the box," doesn't have the music-creation features that Pro Tools does. Without third-party plugins it's more of a generic sound & voice recording/editing application, though there are a few basic music-related tools (Metronome, etc).

I record and edit voice-overs for advertisements, and Audition is more than adequate for accomplishing this. I've also used it for sound design in animated bumpers and spots; The Multitrack editor has been useful for combining multiple VO, music and Sound Effect tracks into single audio files to put in my projects. I sometimes receive lower-quality VO tracks from clients, and Audition has EQ and noise removal tools that help make those files sound at least a bit better.