Asana Reviews & Product Details

Remote Assistant
What do you like best?

Asana handles very good collaboration tools. Each member of the team is able to receive updates in real time and without any delay as each task is developed. It also allows the sending of messages within the same platform with its integrated chat. The integrations with Google and Slack are incredible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes some tasks cannot be found and have to be closed and logged out so that they can appear and it makes us particularly lose time. You have to find a way to prioritize some projects and Asana doesn't allow you to mark them. The free version limits the process a lot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Asana is an excellent idea when it comes to direct project management. We have many advanced tools to manage such projects. Finally, it has integration with Gantt charts which makes it very complete as a program, even if it is sometimes required to pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has allowed us to provide guidance within the program itself. We improve the individual follow-up of both temporary and long-term projects. We were able to track many applications that we gave as lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asana Overview

What is Asana?

Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Asana has more than 89,000 paying customers and millions of free organizations across 190 countries. Global customers such as Allbirds, Sephora, Sky, Spotify, Viessmann, and Woolworths rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns.

Asana Details
German, English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish

Asana helps teams manage and coordinate their work by making plans, processes, and responsibilities clear.

Teams need a system to orchestrate their work. With Asana, they have a living system where everyone can see, discuss, and execute the team’s priorities. Team members love Asana because it takes the guesswork out of work – they know what they need to do when, and they get recognized for the great work they deliver. Team leaders love Asana because it helps them feel organized and more connected to the work. They can see the team’s plans, track progress, and discuss the work – all in real-time. Asana replaces anxiety and overwhelm with confidence and flow. Customers like to say: “if it’s in Asana, we’ll get it done.”

Asana
2008
San Francisco, CA
@Asana
1,332 employees on LinkedIn®

Asana Videos

Asana Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Asana community
Have you used Asana before?

Asana Reviews

Showing 7,050 Asana reviews
Showing 7,050 reviews
Already have Asana?
Software Engineer
What do you like best?

Asana has App for Android and IOS that allows us to be informed where we are in real time. Through the boards, Asana offers a full visualization of the phases of the general project, which allows you to always have “in view” the status of each of the activities to be carried out, in the process of development or officially completed.

With the help of Asana's calendar features, you can get an overview of your responsibilities, commitments, and timely reminders of both your individual activities and those of the overall work team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Asana offers a series of functionalities that are worth knowing if you want to delve into the use of this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Asana is a web and mobile application that allows you to create, distribute and manage the workflow of tasks and projects in order to maintain a cycle of productivity and order from start to finish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The best way to attack large responsibilities is by dividing them into classified projects, therefore, this application allows to host workspaces dedicated to a specific project, within which it is possible to create tasks and subtasks separated by order of priority or execution, designating with clarity to those responsible for the work in each phase. If you are going to use Asana, it connects easily with other applications popularly used by remote work teams or freelancers who want to organize their online workspaces in an optimal way. For example, tools like the email you possibly use, Slack, Jira, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Dropbox, GitHub, Trello, Evernote, among many others, have the option to connect with Asana and merge purposes from a common space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Asana
Co Founder
What do you like best?

Asana is a great tool to manage your project because it`s straightforward to use, very intuitive, and helps you manage your team and have all the tasks on order.

It has great features if you have a free plan and if you want to make an upgrade you won´t regret it, because of practical tools such as automation, portfolios, and KPIs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Asana is easy to use and has a certification program, a lot of tutorials where you can learn how to improve your skills using Asana, therefore I think there are no complaints when you use Asana. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I completely recommend ASANA to all interested people in managing their projects and tasks in an only place.

With Asana, you Can:

Assign Tasks to your team members.

Create a project and tracks your goals.

Create Automations and Workflows.

Ideal for creating and sharing SOPs.

Easy to learn to use it.

Have an accountable tool to measure your personals goals.

Ç Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manage team`s communication.

Have all my SOP`s in one place.

Allows me to improve my company performance.

Track important tasks and have a clear acknowledgment of the status of the project.

We can visualize how we are doing it and what is going to be our performance over the quarter.

Our meetings are greater because now we can take notes and assign tasks in real-time.

Asana has helped me out to organize my day and now I can have the accountability of my personal time and track my day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

P
What do you like best?

Asana is one of the most effective project management tools I've used to help manage projects, keep teams organized, and effectively communicate the next steps without having to make a phone call or wait for an email reply. I love that you can tag your team members in tasks and see the progress of your project moving forward. I also love the searchability! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few process things that can be a little annoying, but overall I'm super happy with it.

One thing is that it can be a little clunky to attach an image to a task in the comments. Because all attachments sit at the top (and if you have a lot of comments), it can be hard to connect what the attachments belong to. Also, I find that moving tasks around between projects feel a little clunky sometimes.

I'd love to see this better integrate with tracking Client sales funnels. Perhaps it does and I'm just not aware. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Their free version is robust and it's worth trying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company tracks all of our business management through Asana, along with the link to Slack. It's helpful to centralize all of our information in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

It does a good amount of what you'd want it to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that we pay over 300/month for a service that keeps kicking users out for no reason even though we have bought all the seats we use. And the damning fact that Asana's support team does not get back to you for weeks on end. It's been over a month and I have gotten no response. I contact the sales team and they respond in less than 24 hours. Funny how that works. Of course, they are useless though in helping us, telling us just to wait! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not start paying for it. In our experience, it was the moment we started paying for Asana that we started having issues. It has impeded our operations since. Go for it if the free features work for you, absolutely. But once you start paying for it everything starts to glitch out and mess up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing. Asana only creates more problems in our company's experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing & Sales Operations Consultant
What do you like best?

Asana is super easy to use with flexible features built into their free version. I use Asana to manage not only projects, but keep track of important information, programs I've purchased, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish ASANA had a desktop version. I prefer to not be "in browser" because I personally get distracted by other windows... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The advice I give all my clients who are using ASANA is to use it as much as possible and have your entire team also use it.

Set guidelines for use.

If you are considering sharing projects with clients or external people, you may want to consider the paid version so that you have deeper privacy controls over projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ASANA has created a tool that solves all of my organizational management problems. As a Marketing & Sales Operations Consultant, I recommend ASANA to all my clients. I also create projects that I export and can share with my clients.

I love having all my important information in one flexible tool. It saves me hours each week because I know exactly where everything is... in ASANA. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner & Co Founder
What do you like best?

Is simple, easy to use, clean and organized. I like that I can easily create a project and outline the entire workflow in just a few steps and then easily replicate it for my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Will be great to have a main workspace that summarizes all my tasks from all my workspaces & organizations, so far I manage this with zapier, but there should be a native feature from Asana for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the Asana academy training, is the best there is and is quicker to learn.

As for comparing it with another tool looking for the "best" work management tool, it will always depend on your business goals. For me and my consulting and coaching Business Asana, it is THE BEST. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Follow up with my client's work on a daily basis. And of course, getting to know my day-to-day work. I get to know exactly who is working on what (so I avoid micro-management) and we all work more happily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Multiple views to manage projects in various formats, dashboards to create custom views, and portfolios to see how projects that depend on each other are functioning towards their objectives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dashboards could be created independent of projects for example I would like to create one central dashboard that gives me an overview of how all my projects are performing, where the majority of time is being spent, and how we are actively meeting our objectives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Asana is a great tool with the right vision. Once you understand how your business backend functions and you have clearly defined how you will use projects or even if you're just playing with the software is easy to use, and has quality support to guide you along the way. I recommend 10/10 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Asana to manage my project plans where I am able to see all my ongoing, past and upcoming projects holistically and individually, Asana helps me to keep track of all my tasks, projects, goals, and objectives in one cohesive place. It also gives me the ability to work with my clients and teams on various projects and portfolios. Asana overall manages all my project and operations management as well as includes functional features for communications in one place which solves a major problem of having too many systems, tools, and processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programming Manager
What do you like best?

Over the last two years, Asana has been instrumental in our organizations transition from a reactive and chaotic workplace to a collaborative and organized workplace. It is highly useful for collaboration on projects, especially with new features such as Messages. It provides a transparent process for any project, allowing team members to be aware of project process and next steps. And Asana has a very clean and friendly interface, making is easy to use for any team members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike in my day-to-day use of Asana.

For those who prefer to view their tasks in a calendar, I will say that when tasks do not belong to a project, viewing the white task on a white calendar can make it difficult to see visually.

I would also like to see a feature that would allow for exporting some kind of report from Goals/Portfolios. This is especially useful when senior leaders are required to report to a board. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have an onboarding/transition plan and prepare for the transition. Some will adopt quickly, others will need some time and practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asana has solved many communication problems, especially in regards to project process and progress awareness.

We have expanded our use of Asana from product development to workflow management, collaborative information tracking and marketing campaign development.

While our workplace previously was reactive and we were always playing catch-up, we are now more equipped to think and plan into the future, and with better accuracy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Customer Experience
What do you like best?

The interface is really clear and intuitive, it is also beautiful. It is nice to use, you can split the tasks in projects and get updated of what is going on in each product in a simple way, you also have a schedule view where you can see how the project is evolving during time.

People used to like it, very fast learning curve to start using, create tasks and organise everything if you could build a team culture that has the habit of updating and documenting what is going on.

For teams that are not so focused on productivity metrics and agile methodologies (like Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, etc.) could be a great solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you compare to a more robust tool like JIRA you will miss a lot of productivity and agile metrics like velocity reports, burndown charts and etc. So if you would like to be more predictive about how much work your team can deliver in certain amount of time is not easy to get this information from using Asana. Also if you are working with software development it lacks integration with tools like Github to keep everything synced and easy to find out. If you are using a free version and your company is growing fast be aware that if you reach the limit of the free version the cost for keep using it could be much more than you expected and not fit your budget. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware with the price tiers if you are starting to use the free version, maybe sometimes the pricing could scare you in the future. If you are planning to be predictive on how much work your team could deliver or focused on the productivity metrics could not be the best product for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using to keep in the same tool all the company projects from almost all departments, so every manager and team could keep updated about what is going on in each product. It was really easy for everyone to adopt and the user experience is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Availability, visualization, customization and control. These elements of Asana have helped us beyond measure!

Availability: The fact that our demands are stored in 24/7 app that I can check my task for the day and upcoming day from anywhere with a computer / smartphone and internet connection have enabled my team to keep track of what is more importante to us. Moreover, its app for smartphone has been improving each day.

Visualization: Once we learn how to look into our projects and tasks on Asana, it became very clear how to organize and prioritize what we have to do in order to achieve our goals. Staff can easily know what tasks need to be done, managers create demands connected to larger goals, and the officers can have an outlook of how things are being carried out.

Customization: At first, we saw Asana as a project and task manager. As we got more in touch, we learned how to use its many tools and integrations to explore other features, using it as an Intranet for common documents access, multidepartmental controls and ease to data access.

Control: With Asana, processess which were scattered through ERP, e-mails, WhatsApp is becoming centralizes in one plataform. With key information in one place, decisions are taken with more clarity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As I stated before, the app for smartphones has been improving. However, the experience still needs to refinement when we talk about how to find what you need fast, as we have in browser version.

Another touch up would be yo have a native desktop app for Asana. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When I was comparing Asana to other similar platforms, our choice was towards its native integration with JOTFORM, support and price / method of payment.

I also read some specialized sites and they pointed out between Asana and Wrike, but I felt Asana would be easier to set up and offer the features we were looking for at a lower cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information which was all over the place is one in one platform. The professionals who need to see the development of a task or project don't need to ask around to see who is more up to date, they may only access the project on Asana and see for themselves.

That alone is a major gain. More than that, people who are on the operation, understand what needs to be done by when - clarity is key to success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager - Site
What do you like best?

Asana is so easy to use, you can set it up the way you want. It brings transparency in your workflow so that everybody is on the same page.

Bottom line, communication and transparency has been made easier !

Working remotely, tracking your team progress is a lot easier with this awesome tool ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a downside for being a blank page type of app when you begin the usage, you get to go back and forth on certain things.

With time, you get to stabilize it and those minor set back are easily over compensate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Asana has evolved incredibly over the years. It solved a lot of painful problems I had when trying to circle information around the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1- Communication

2- Centralize the information for a Project

3- Transparency

In fact, we could eliminate our internal email usage if everybody would use Asana. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Me gusta su organización y que tiene diferentes views para organizar tus tareas, proyectos o hasta incluso tareas personales, su aplicación mobile es muy intuitiva con lo que puedes remplazar fácilmente a Google taks y también cuenta con widgedts hermosos en sistema androing, puedes elegir en modo de vista por pipeline o canvas o calendario me encanta la view de calendario, ya que puedes ver que tareas tienes ese día y los de cualquier día de la semana, además la extensión que tiene nativa en google te permite crear tareas desde cualquier parte del ordenador Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta que cuando agregas a una persona una subtarea, a esta también le aparezca la subtarea como tarea en, tareas pendientes por resolver, eso causa conflictos, ya que imaginas que tienes muchas asignaciones cuando en realidad solo es una Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gestionar el proceso de gestión de una empresa de masajes que no tenían control con su equipo antes de asana Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

It is very easy to setup and tool itself is very flexible. You can organize your needed workflow here in minutes. Also ticket format is flexible and you can put as much info as you need. UI is nice and modern. I believe it is best UI for such tools in the market. Applications are nice as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is no ticket number. You cannot refer the ticket by something short, you either need to tell whole title or provide the link. On other tools you can just say "Ticket T-78" for example and "T-78" is enough to identify what are you talking about. Here such trick will not work. Every time you need the link.

Second is opposite side of flexibility. A lot of flexibility gives a lot of room for error. You cannot enforce validations on format and you cannot enforce validations on workflow. So this tool will need more discipline from your colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If Trello is too lightweight and already do not mets your needs, but at the same time Jira is too complex and you thing it is too complicated, then Asana is your tool of Choice. It is somewhere in the middle of Trello and Jira. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project management is easier with Asana. Benefits are that it is somewhere in the middle between Trello and Jira. If Trello is too lightweight and Jira is too complex for you, then Asana is your choice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Leader / Project Manager
What do you like best?

Creating a project and adding tasks to the project is very easy. The user interface and design are very professional. It is easy to use the card as a task. Furthermore, adding sections to a project, defining the task deadline, change the sequence of the tasks, assigning task to someone, and then mark this task as completed is very easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much in Asana that could be disliked. It is a great tool that can be used by any professional for managing their day-to-day activities and tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would stronlgy recommend this tool to the professionals who not only want to effectively and efficiently manage their day-to-day tasks and activities but also keep track of the overall status of their project and/or tasks their team is working at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asana has helped us in managing our day-to-day tasks in an efficient and collaborative manner. It has helped the project managers to look into the current statuses of tasks their team member is involved. On the other hand, it has also given the power to the project managers to dynamically add, remove, or align order of the tasks of their team and projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.