4.7

Collaborate from anywhere! Easy video meetings with no login for guests.

Work for appear.in?

Learning about appear.in?

appear.in Reviews

Ask appear.in a Question
Showing 189 appear.in reviews
appear.in review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"Appear.in is RunMags' #1 choice for customer demos and internal team meetings"

What do you like best?

We operate RunMags, a Saas platform for magazine publishers and use Appear.in for customer demos. Appear.in works flawlessly without our customers having to figure out how to download software or keep track of dial in codes. We're on the business plan so we get branded rooms, a feature which alone made us upgrade to the business plan.

What do you dislike?

We have a few customers in the UAE, a country where the leadership has a perceived need for citizen oversight. In the UAE Appear.in (and many other conferencing systems) don't work, which is making business cumbersome. This is not much the fault of Appear.in, but it's the only thing I dislike with Appear.in.

In addition, the chat tool could be made a bit more apparent for first time users. Sometimes customers don't know where to look for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not already using cloud based technology throughout your business you should begin with Appear.in.

We use Google G Suite and use cloud-based tools for pretty much everything. Appear.in gives us an easy way to connect with customers and to demo our product throughout our sales process. We can be completely mobile with great sound and great screen quality even if the internet speed is poor.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about appear.in
appear.in review by Roger L.
Roger L.

"The Best Web Conferencing Facility Bar None"

What do you like best?

That it works through any browser (& firewall). This makes it easy to collaborate with my team no matter where they are, and with clients no matter which OS/Browser combination they have. Also the ability to have room names, makes it easy to schedule and automate meetings with specific (multi-company) teams

What do you dislike?

There's no plug-in to Google Calendar which would allow automatic conference rooms when marking a meeting as a conference. Same goes for Slack for ad hoc meetings.

Also, having to download a mobile client vs just using a mobile browser. (Tough to overcome)

Sometimes the video displays aren't symmetrical...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up your rooms - one for external facing meetings, private team rooms, and private individual rooms for one-on-ones

Bookmark these in browser

Include them in the location of every meeting request

I run a multinational startup with globally distributed engineers, partners and clients.

We have daily standups and ad hoc meetings. Not having to wait 15 mins to get people in the meeting is incredible. Sharing docs works well.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

appear.in review by Jon N.
Jon N.

"Always on. Always there. Always reliable."

What do you like best?

Everybody knows what's going on, whether working from home at the office. Everyone can engage with each other whether related to work or just socially. I enjoy paying for appear.in. It solves so many problems for me. I have a room for my remote team colleagues, so we always can just speak out when we need each other, and keep in touch socially.

My kids have rooms for gaming with their friends and it works great for them.

Always on, always there, always reliable. For remote colleagues or just when people are working from home or are on the road and need to check in with team mates for a quick question. Appear.in solves this so elegantly.

What do you dislike?

I would have hoped for a recording feature. The current one is not that great as it just records the web-browser window and sound of the host. This doesn't accomplish good quality while it is probably good enough for personal use.

A sound only solution á la Zencastr would be amazing. That would allow local recording for good quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have ongoing web conferencing for a decent sized group of people - this is the perfect solution.

Remote work. Meetings. My main takeaway is that it is great to have a "room" where you always meet, without having to formally book meetings and have zoom meeting URLs that die after the meeting. My tag-line for appear.in would be "Always on. Always there. Always reliable"

appear.in review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Great for online consultations"

What do you like best?

appear.in is great because clients don't have to download any special software, they just need to click the branded link that I send them and we are ready to connect - this is especially important as some of my clients are not tech savvy.

It is also great to be able to screenshare and connect with more than one person at a time

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike as I find it more reliable than Skype or other services but like any video chat platform if your internet connection is not great then that can affect call quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do video meetings or consultations with one or more people this is a great option

I am happy to pay for the paid version, I probably only need the free version but it is a great product. I love having my own Planet Naturopath "room' and to be able to customize it with my own branding which makes everything look professional

appear.in review by Alvaro C.
Alvaro C.

"Getting us closer"

What do you like best?

One of the features we use the most is the integration with Slack, our communication software, it is so easy to create a room and saves a lot of time, just the command and click and voilá! you are seeing each other.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to have a focus-on-camera of the person speaking, so we don't have to click on the person we want to see bigger, but instead it would be nice if it detects who is speaking and brings it up front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is so easy to setup and manage, and also have good pricing :)

Just how quick it is for us to start a video conference, this is usually a problem in companies with remote workers because normally it would take some time to have everything set up, make the call, with appear.in and slack, you can do this in less than 5 seconds. And for us this is a major benefit. Bringing us closer, faster.

appear.in review by Alex K.
Alex K.

"Seamless video conferencing and screen sharing that just works"

What do you like best?

We started using Appear.in early on: it is browser based and very fast! Performance is probably the biggest reason we use it, performance == convenience to us. To join a conference one needs to simply click a link, which opens as a browser tab and you can immediately see your teammates, share your screen and talk - no need to install any additional software.

Oh and it also works on mobile! I had no issues doing a video conference with 3 of my teammates, over flaky 4g network. Very impressive!

What do you dislike?

The need to switch the room type when number of participants exceeds 4. I would think this would be automatic. I'm sure there is a technical reason to it, but still..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - you will likely stay. It is that great! Appear.in doesn't require administration or training. Your users will thank you for it.

When working with the remote team a good video conferencing solution is a must. Appear.in happens to be one of the best. We do have Zoom, which works great, but it is not as fast. People just naturally prefer Appear.in.

appear.in review by Artem Z.
Artem Z.

"Excellent video conference app for a team up to 12"

What do you like best?

Before appear.in we tried google meet, skype, zoom.us, and jitsimeet. Appear.in works great in the conditions where the rest starts having issues in the connectivity. We have some team members from India, where connection speed is quite low and we always had issues to communicate. With the help of appear.in we, finally, have a meetings of a good quality and can focus on a business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes (quite rare) you need to reconnect in order to recover the quality. Then it is not quite comfortable to use the app as an alternative to the video chat with the friends, because of the concept of virtual rooms. You can;t simply video call your friend

Our team is 100% remote and we use appear.in quite often (around 1 hour per day). We plug the appear.in rooms into our google calendar and now appear.in the room can be reserved as a normal resource inside the google cal.

appear.in review by Are S.
Are S.

"Very easy, fast and reliable "

What do you like best?

Appear.in is very easy, fast and reliable. I love the fact that we can have a branded meeting room with our own URL where people can meet without downloading and installing additional software.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything but I wish they could add an annotation tool to the software. Would be very handy when you need to point out specifics in a presentation or a software demo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy, fast and reliable online video meeting solution, appear.in should be in your top three list to consider.

It enables us to do professional online meetings, and reduce travel. Appear.in is very easy and reliable to use, both for us and our prospects/clients. In person meetings are great, but online meetings sometimes work even better, and certainly faster, when done right.

appear.in review by Nikolay G.
Nikolay G.

"Easy to use no signup needed, doesn't consume huge computer performance"

What do you like best?

You can create your own room and claim a custom URL for your room which is really awesome. Easy to use. People don't need to sign in to join the conference. You don't need to install a software like many other conference tools. Doesn't consume a lot of the computer performance. You can connect by phone. It's the cheapest conference tool that you can get. I already did a comparison between the top 10 conference softwares and this had the lowest price and the most features.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the number of the participants that can join a meeting at the same time. If you are looking for international dial-in, I'm afraid appear.in doesn't have this feature, but you can still reach out to them and consult this question as I'm not 100% sure. It may be that it's there but I couldn't find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have all the tools that you need and you have a low budget to spend a conference tool this is the best option. I did a comparison between 10 different conference tools and this was the cheapest with most of the features we were looking for.

Having the ability to lock a room once a meeting has started and all the participants have joined. It's the lowest price conference software out of the top 10 tools. It gives us the possibility to share the screen or video share with ease. The most important benefit of using appear.in is saving money while at the same time we have all the tools that we need for a conference meeting.

appear.in review by Charis P.
Charis P.

"A Better Alternative than Most"

What do you like best?

The ease with which visitors can get into a chat room without having to sign up for yet another account. It's surprising just how many of our visitors have commented on this. On a side note it is great for personal family and friends usage too.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have the camera and mic off by default for chatroom owners. I'm not a great lover of having my face showing when I am simply using the room as an audio session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You won't regret it.

It allows us to chat and video chat with international customers for a low flat rate per month. Much cheaper for us than our phone service provider or Skype. In addition it allows us to have small group tuition sessions without a complex setup.

appear.in review by Madison P.
Madison P.

"We use appear for our online streaming fitness business "

What do you like best?

We love it's ability to seamlessly offer our classes right from our website, that our clients don't need to register for an appear.in account !

What do you dislike?

I wish we had the ability to connect through a browser on devices other than computers. I wish the rooms had the function of password protection, I wish the connectivity was better, lastly and most importantly, I wish we could download our recordings without a third party use! Lately, it has also been noticeably worse quality unfortunately, not sure why that is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely.

We are solving the difficulties for finding accessible Pilates and Yoga training. Our clients can exercise over appear.in in the comfort of their own homes, and our instructors don't have to leave their homes either!

appear.in review by Robyn C.
Robyn C.

"Appear.In is a lifesaver."

What do you like best?

The thing I love most about Appear In is the speed at which it loads. BAM, I'm in a meeting with my people.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of one thing that I dislike. We had a problem with someone who could not get on, and they came to the rescue like the speed of light.

I am meeting with my kidlit authors all over the country. That was not possible with any other platform, and we used them all including Google Hangout. The benefits are too many to state here. The biggest one being the large room size and the all-important lock. Plus the quality is terrific. It's like I can reach out and touch them.

appear.in review by Eduvimar Angeles L.
Eduvimar Angeles L.

"Very good option for fully productive and collaborative meetings"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this tool for communication and collaboration is its efficiency, simplicity, ease of use and the great opportunity it offers its users to have a platform with the quality necessary to carry out meetings with colleagues, students and customers, greatly favoring the exchange of information immediately.

What do you dislike?

It is an excellent option that all people or businesses that want an efficient and easy to use platform for totally productive communications through videos should try, however it is a tool that may no longer be attractive due to its acquisition value, because Although it offers us a free option, its packages can be somewhat high, being a limitation to be implemented by other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it with closed eyes to all people who want to get the best experience in meetings with clients, colleagues and students, creating spaces through video calls where the exchange of information is given smoothly and the resolution of problems and the Complete and shared access to information is achieved in the most efficient way reinforcing the collaborative work.

using this platform to carry out important meetings in my area of ​​work has helped me a lot because every day I need to communicate with other colleagues with whom I make different software together allowing me to have a fluent communication and when I need it with only Click on a link in the browser to invite them to join a video conference. Another aspect is that I have been able to solve problems where it was difficult for us to agree when we debated a part of the specific code or some function that we wanted to execute and now the The fact of having a shared screen makes everything easier and quicker to detect. I can not ignore the fact that the opportunity to have this application in a mobile way is also very beneficial, because at no time do we stop doing our work in a collaborative and active way. Wherever we are

appear.in review by Emmy C.
Emmy C.

"Easy to work with"

What do you like best?

The program is simple in its work. A large number of participants can take in one webinar broadcast, it's a pity, that other programs can not afford this. There is a free trial. The quality of the sound and video are good. It's possible to record a video and send it by reference. Live chat works well and simplifies communication with webinars. There is a mobile software, if your visitors are on the road, they can still connect to the broadcast via the phone or tablet.

What do you dislike?

Because of technical problems conferences were broken, it happens several times. At the start you need to get used to the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a good program for webinars or online conferences, then appearin will suit you. In order for conferences to pass without problems, you will need a good Internet connection and a high-quality microphone. If there are problems it works, the support service always reacts quickly.

We use the program to conduct online conferences every week, as our team works in different countries. Also, we regularly conduct online training for new employees and get in touch with our customers. The program simplified our work.

appear.in review by Devendra M.
Devendra M.

"Great communication service over web."

What do you like best?

there are many points we can consider while using appear.in

* we can use this directly in browser no need to download any software.

* no need for create account, we can directly join video/audio calls through shared link.

* audio/video quality is great.

* we can send emojis and 's good to share your feeling with others.

What do you dislike?

android app not works properly. also there are issue when more than 3 members are connected in same group. No windows/ios software available you can only access it through browser.

i can chat with all my friends and family and also in college time we used appear.in services to share our project details in real time.

appear.in review by Paul G.
Paul G.

"Easy and reliable!"

What do you like best?

I don't know why but it seems to be more stable than other well know video conf services. Its is also super easy to set up. After 10 secnds you are having calls, share screens or just single windows.

What do you dislike?

As a pro user I'd like to have a public and a private URL that I can share - haven't found that option yet.

Setting up calls if you always have the same attendees is easy. When you want to invite new people (or technically unexperienced ones) it can become a bigger issue. Especially in a sales call it is needs to run smooth and safe. This is why we decided to use appear

appear.in review by Fabio D.
Fabio D.

"Ideal for your team, feels like entering an actual meeting room with your team mates!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use, the simplicity with which people just meet in the same room multiple times a day, just as if they were walking in the room in person. It is also incredibly nice to use: share screen? yes, but keep your video on! Double click on a video stream? automatically becomes the focus! All very, very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app. It is just not yet at the level of reliability and ease of use of other solutions, unfortunately. I reported this recently and received a thorough response, which gives me great hope for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great if you plan to use it mostly from your computer/browser. For more "important" calls (eg investors) more "regular" platforms may work better, because of more recognised brand, dial in option, robust mobile app, etc. But for internal use and more informal meetings, would definitely recommend to switch.

Mostly I prefer it for our internal team meetings. The immediateness is unmatchable, as is the video and audio quality, great bonus for effective communication.

appear.in review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"User friendly, easy to use and powerful!"

What do you like best?

We started to use appear.in 1 year ago. Among other tools, it shine out with a simple interface, stability, and affordable price. We got advantage of appear.in in video conferencing with our different sites, we used it also as a webinar tool. Keep up doing good work, guys!

What do you dislike?

My only concern is about 12 people limit in one conversation, but I can understand it because of video quality issues with so many people in chat. But maybe you can have an option like if you need to invite more than 12 (for example 25) people in one room, only the person who is talking can share his/her camera and this makes it healthier in quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I advise appear.in not only to startups or small companies, I recommend it to large companies who can take the advantage of easiness and support.

We are solving our communication problem with long distance sites that we have in Turkey. We can easily make interviews for HR purposes, we can do meetings, we can do webinars etc... And its very easy to use by mobile app and also Chrome extension. And also they have a good support team and the answer very quickly when I asked some silly questions to them. Thank you for your good customer service. You are really doing your job with passion.

appear.in review by User

"Simply the best...for my purposes at least"

What do you like best?

Ease of use: a link on top of my syllabus that all my students can access. As a university professor I struggle to get my students to Office Hours often. Since I started using this platform instead of others, my students cannot wait to jump in and meet me. I pay for it, and it is well worth the money. Support is awesome, tool is fabulous.

What do you dislike?

Only a downside for my use case: my students liked the 'feel' of the interface when the tool was in its infancy, such as the icon to 'kick people out' or the dancing emojis, and these are slowly disappearing to make it look more 'office like', linear, less creative in my view. But I imagine this may attract more business users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free version a go, then decide if paying is worth it for you.

See the questions 'What do I like best'. I used it in higher education to teach my students online.

appear.in review by Abdiel L.
Abdiel L.

"We use it for online lessons with one to three students"

What do you like best?

It is way the easiest video call software we have found. Appear.in is very simple to use, and there are no need to log in for our students to take their lesson, they only need two clicks: first the students open the created link, then they authorize the webcam/mic, and they are in. Also, the interface is really easy to use, which has allowed us to just send a link by email with a few instructions. Students like the simplicity. Our students have also found it useful that the interface includes emoticons, chat, and a Youtube videos on-screen sharing option.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets a little slow here in Argentina, but it is probable related to the connection in this country. We could definitely use a connection improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it once, you just need to make a room and you are set. It is very easy to use. Use it for meetings with small groups.

We have found a solution to teach lessons online, which has allowed us to find new students besides the ones that come to the institute. Besides that, we have been able to re-schedule missed lessons and eventually meet with future students. We searched across multiple websites and didn't find a video call software so easy to implement. By using the pro version, we made several rooms; each room has their own easy-to-understand url address, so students can even enter the room by typing the address on theyr browser bar..

appear.in review by User

"Simple, neat and powerful browser based meeting platform"

What do you like best?

No matter where I am and with which device I like to participate a meeting, it works nearly always within the browser without any flaws right out of the box, only for iOS an app is needed. I can customize every room I have with my pro plan with a different logo and background, so it fits the desired purpose. It a phenomenal tool with a quite low price tag.

What do you dislike?

The design looks a bit unprofessional - just the camera boxes in front of a background. For instance Proficonf looks way more stylish, but has other disadvantages. It supports only 12 people max per room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Up to four users its free.

Enjoying frictionless online meetings with clients and business partners. Cutting down the need and cost to meet in person, when an online meeting can serve the need as well as offline.

appear.in review by Douglas P.
Douglas P.

"Easy for nation-wide interviews"

What do you like best?

We are a tech-savvy beer quality company. One of our first "tests" when screening candidates is how well they can manage tech during an appear.in interview. If they can't figure out something as simple as appear.in, they are not ready to work for us. We screen share, we conference, we use it all the time.

What do you dislike?

We want to use the screen share more effectively - more like a shared doc than a passive screen that we watch. We might need more help. It would be great to get monthly tips.

The business problems we are solving are mainly for HR and hiring. We are able to screen candidates far more effectively than with phone calls.

appear.in review by Chuck S.
Chuck S.

"Appear for Remote Users"

What do you like best?

The ability to see all participants in similar sized windows is great! Other tools only show the person currently making noise in a big window and everyone else is so small, you can't see them

What do you dislike?

It does require everyone to have high bandwidth (around 100Mbps). When traveling, we sometimes have issues with hotel internet services. not being fast enough. I would love to see Google Calendar integration.

With completely remote employees, it is hard to develop a real team. Using Appear every time we talk makes it seem like we are all in an office together. In fact, the first time we met in person, it was like we had known each other for months.

appear.in review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Service seems to always work, with nothing to learn"

What do you like best?

Uou send someone a link, they dont have to install anything and its always working quickly. I can send this link to someone with 0 computer skills and it will be a success. A really big bonus was when the developers responded to an idea I had (which Im sure many others did too) and later it became a reality.

What do you dislike?

I miss the feature where it put graphic overlays on top of the chat window. That was a good way to lighten up the room a bit. I should contact the devs to try and get it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great if you want a lightweight, meeting and screen sharing solution

Im able to hold quick video conference meetings or share my screen, without hoping someone is on the right platform or device. Im able to have quick meetings in and out with people, keep it private and record it for later organization with my assistant.

appear.in review by Amandio S.
Amandio S.

"It just works."

What do you like best?

It is very simple and straightforward. Pretty consistent across different platforms with very simple control/settings features. I use with Clients and other Team Members all the time. Screen sharing is just a click... Nothing to install. It just works in everybody's computer or phone. Good that it works on different browsers.

What do you dislike?

1. The camera should start off by default.

2. Would also like an option to save the chat (at least for the room owner).

3. Sometimes I finish a meeting and stay in the room by mistake. There should be should be some type of automatic mute (and cam off) after some idle alone time

4. Some browsers still require a plugin install of some kind.

5. Safari does not work perfectly with screen sharing

6. Controls could indicate the shortcut key on mouse over

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out and claim your test room.

Remote meetings help me save time and money with travels and commuting. I manage a team that is in different locations, so having an effective remote conferencing solution is paramount. It just keeps the team closer and engaged.

With clients, the branded room (in which I added a picture of our office) helps with credibility when you are closing deals that require a lot of trust and you are not in person in front of the client. Appear.in is surely the best solution after being in person (or some times better).

appear.in review by Zach R.
Zach R.

"The Web Conference/Video Chat We Always Wanted"

What do you like best?

We most appreciate the ease of sharing a video chat with anyone at any time (send the link, 1 click to talk). We frequently send updates to clients, and it has proven exceptionally easy to include a quick reminder about the appear.in rooms with links. Clients regularly inform us that they had forgotten they could access us so easily, and when attempted, the process was simple and effective.

What do you dislike?

The greatest degree of frustration remains the oddities with notifications (desktop and mobile). We try to set up notifications, but we have multiple users logged into the same account. Notifications never seem to work quite right (some get them, some don't; we only get them when no one is in the room; mobile notifications are especially frustrating).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone considering appear.in should understand that while the system presents as a very simple and unadorned product, it offers a wide variety of additional features that easily rival any of the larger powerhouse products (at a fraction of the cost!). With the new addition of recording meetings, I cannot think of a reason to ever go back to previous products we have used.

We serve clients in a wide array of situations and locations, so the ability to quickly access our team and share problems via screen sharing and camera is constantly beneficial.

appear.in review by Glen H.
Glen H.

"Simple and Dependable - just the features you need"

What do you like best?

that it works in a browser with no requirement to down load software. It has a very easy entry (just send out the link and join) and has the basic functions needed - screen sharing, video and audio with a simple chat window. So many other apps are bloated with features that most people never need or use which makes them difficult to start up.

What do you dislike?

Settings in the main PRO account for multiple rooms can be a bit confusing

Sometimes it can be easy to get a ghost session up on a single computer.

There is no screen share on the mobile application (ie. cant share a presentation on the ipad with others)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple, fast, inexpensive and easy to use video conferencing and screensharing appear.in is a great service.

video conferencing for clients and for team. Travel benefits. Much richer interactions on video and more secure sharing screens not files.

appear.in review by Jam M.
Jam M.

"Great Tool to Collaborate Easily with Clients and the Team"

What do you like best?

The ease of having your own video conference room with a simple URL is great. No need to do requests just to have a meeting. Send URL and you're done. Another fave of mine is having our internal rooms that each of our managers is responsible for. They can have their team meetings quickly and easily.

Another feature that I love is that you can edit documents on the fly and collaborate during the call. This is very useful for our content team to quickly comment and solve any issues remotely, even if they're out of the office. Imagine having to edit a document and discuss at the same time - real time within the room.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to mention but it sometimes it sucks up a bit of bandwidth. I notice that some of my online apps slow down when we use it. The recording feature would've been good to be included in the Pro plan (which we're currently on) and not as an add-on since this is an expectation of conference room products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like to have an easy platform to use for video conferences or quick meetings without having to request their usernames then this is the product for you. Ease of use and quickness - saved time.

Have saved time overall. This is a total of emailing clients, partners and the team to just hop on to a quick call. Imagine all the hours saved!

appear.in review by Rodrigo M.
Rodrigo M.

"I love it!!"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to brand, from the logos and backgrounds to the actual "domain". The simplicity of use is amazing and it's a very effective tool for meetings presentations and calls.

I believe we could have better tools for branding the site because sometiumes the background and the windows behave weirdly so the actual page brandon doesn't look as good as it could be... but that's not a really big deal.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the "knock" button should be clearer so people that gets in to our private room for the first time knows what to do.

I also think that having clearer notifications when everyone's in, for example for the chat, when someone puts a link could be better, here are some ideas:

- detect website links, attached photos and organise them in the chat window so everyone can have a quick look at them every time without having to scroll all the way up and look for them

- send the attachments and links via email (as if appear in had taken notes for the meeting) to the participants who want to receive them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an amazingly easy to use platform that definitely helps you have effective and simple conferences, meetings and presentations with colleagues, clients and people in general.

First of all: meetings... we used to use Google Hangouts, but Appear in is way easier to remember and to use.

We also use it for presentations with clients and other people.

appear.in review by Edgar L.
Edgar L.

"Easiest way to Videoconferencing"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, web-based on desktops (so no downloads), no need for complicated links to connect, just type the URL and that's it. Once again, the best part is that your clients do not need to go through a complicated download and installation process, so it is very straight forward with little/no need of system/computer knowledge to make it work.

What do you dislike?

Recording capability is a little clunky, doesn't feel like straight forward. It is easy of use but it is not well thought in terms of user experience or logic sequence with the need of starting over and over everytime you switch the screen shared. The only time I requested support, it took a while to get an answer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the easiest videoconferencing tool out there. Recommended for companies who need to connect with different clients/customers without making them pass through difficult/complicated processes of download or installation

Easy connection with clients, really easy... (compared to the other options out there)

appear.in review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Our most relied upon tool for remote working"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Jumping into a video chat is as easy as handing someone a URL. We treat our Appear.in "rooms" as common rooms for all our remote workers.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup pains of "Can you hear me now?". This is much less to do with Appear.in and much more to do with end users computer or phone configurations.

Our entire dev team is remote. Appear.in allows us to quickly and easily chat with each other as if we're in the same room. In fact if you saw our Slack channel you'd think we all worked in the same office and met up several times a day in the "appear.in room".

appear.in review by Sofija D.
Sofija D.

"Best click no registration needed video conferencing for chrome"

What do you like best?

Easy room creation, I've used both free and paid option and whenever I can avoid other video conferencing tools I recommend clients to use this. Best share screen option (share a tab, window, whole screen).

What do you dislike?

free option seems to be really limited now (we started using appearin years ago and have transferred since to paid version but some of the people I have recommended this say their rooms have been deleted).

a lot of people prefer old school webex but mac users on chrome have issues with always installing the plugin, while with appearin most of the stuff is intuitive and pre-set so they do not need to adjust or instal anything.

appear.in review by Victoria M.
Victoria M.

"Connecting teams across Europe"

What do you like best?

I like the fact you can use appear.in as a 'virtual office' were you can sit with your team members no matter where they are located. Our team use this office daily and its helped us stay connected and most importantly create efficiencies by enabling those coffee machine conversations online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection can slow your computer down, especially if you use two rooms simultaneously (if you want to join different groups). If you don't have the appear.in window at full size on your screen, the little help button at the bottom is in the way when you starting typing in the chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

hurry up and give it a go!

Real time answers to questions from team members located in different countries. Collaboration on projects which wouldn't have happened otherwise and most importantly, staying connected to your team especially if you work on your own or remotely from home.

appear.in review by Robyn C.
Robyn C.

"Appear.in is easy to use, flexible and does not chew through data the way other systems do."

What do you like best?

I love that I only need to send a client or meeting recipient a link to meet with me. No application install is required. Makes it so quick and easy to meet with anyone, on any device anywhere in the World. For a small business where most of us work from home in a variety of cities it has become an indispensible tool to enable us.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing don't like about my experience so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Appear.in and have in fact recommended it to all of my clients who see us using it and see the value.

Meetings with clients hroughout the world can be set up quickly and easily.

We can brainstorm remotely as a team without having to have a meeting room booked to do so. Saves money on venues.

We are able to assist clients via screensharing and coach them remotely from anywhere.

appear.in review by Tsahi L.
Tsahi L.

"One of the most enjoyable casual video calling experiences out there"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, ease of use and the fact that appear.in just works.

You can connect using a browser without installing anything, and you can make up whatever URL you want and send it out to the people you need in the session.

What do you dislike?

Not sure there's anything specific.

I myself prefer lighter backgrounds and the default one of appear.in is dark in nature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out. The Pro plans are on the cheap side and offer some great enhancements like the number of users in a single meeting and the ability to record.

Meeting with people online for my business.

I hate using Skype, and for me, something like appear.in makes it super simple to be able to conduct a first meeting with someone without having to put him on my buddy list or have any of us register to a service.

appear.in review by José Nicolás M.
José Nicolás M.

" Unit in the different work centers."

What do you like best?

It is easy for the users and for the different points to connect to the video conference, without software or advanced protocols.

What do you dislike?

have options in display templates between the different rooms. but I do not dislike how it is presented, just have more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of costs and ease of use for users, it's worth it.

It is not like the other software installed on the computer, but it is easy to manage it for the different users, it is available for mobile phones.

Effective communication, transfer of personnel for meetings, visualization of presentations at meetings. Decision making in real form.

appear.in review by Adrian H.
Adrian H.

"The best way to communicate remotely with EVERYONE!"

What do you like best?

Appear.in is very simple to use, in any device and has a free option. Which means that I can send a link to anyone I want to talk or videoconference to, and instantly we can have a conversation (different from other platforms that require downloads, logins or both).

What do you dislike?

Actually, I like appear.in a lot and cannot think about any cons so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No one knows about appear.in until I let them know about it, and then they love it. Therefore, appear.in has a big problem of lack of awareness. Great product. No awareness (yet).

It's the easiest way to communicate with many people and professionals: from tech guys that know how to use any communication platform to people that don't know anything about tech aspects who by only clicking a link, can engage in a conversation thanks to appear.in

appear.in review by Glenn M.
Glenn M.

"Simple and Effective"

What do you like best?

Appear.in has allowed us to bypass higher priced and complex online meeting systems while still remaining incredibly effective. No downloads, no logins, just send the link to who you want to meet with, and they're in. Doesn't get any easier.

What do you dislike?

We use appear.in everyday, it's so fluid in our work, I can't really pinpoint what I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't get any easier and serves the needs for quick communication, screen sharing and directions.

I am in Arizona, my developer is in NYC, my business partner is in Vermont, but everyday, we're all in the same room for a few minutes at the very least.

appear.in review by Chad T.
Chad T.

"Using Appear.in at work"

What do you like best?

We really like the fact there is no need to download plug-ins or any additional downloads to use the product.

What do you dislike?

Don't like the fact it is Chrome-only. Would be nice to have this offering expanded across various browsers like Safari (and maybe IE, ugh I know). Sometimes the video quality is bad but most of the time, it is excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer API solutions. Allow the video components to be integrated into our business offering such as Video Remote Interpreting.

We all telework and appear.in helps with the synergy of our team. We are an all-Deaf team so the video, sans audio, is really imperative to the success of our team. We are also trying to organize parties to meet via Appear.in (eg: Video Remote Interpreting - happy to discuss with your team if you want to learn more).

appear.in review by Alejandro Jacob R.
Alejandro Jacob R.

"Precio y calidad"

What do you like best?

Compatibilidad con el calendario de google, la prueba gratuita, las videollamadas no tienen límite de tiempo, personalización del link, posibilidad de compartir pantalla

What do you dislike?

Usuarios limitados, un cuarto para cada usuario en prueba gratuita, no hay autenticación para ingresar a la videollamada cualquier persona con el enlace puede entrar,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hacer uso inicialmente de la prueba gratuita, es una opción económica para pequeños negocios, tiene herramientas al centro que permite mandar emojis, compartir pantalla, hacer uso de chat, y en la prueba hasta 4 personas pueden estar presentes en una videollamada

Demostraciones de producto a clientes, capacitación a cliente, videoconferencias con el equipo

appear.in review by Norman B.
Norman B.

"Easy,Fast and secure!"

What do you like best?

To use appear.in its just with enjoy. Registration is quick and takes couple of seconds. Software is fully web-based, so the platform does not have to be downloaded onto computer.I like everything on it.

What do you dislike?

About me.I don't have negative comments. But I would like to tell to users who are fighting in any way. Dont be worry tools comes with free support, so people who are whom meet with problems in any way will be anytime get help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best software which i know, allows a lot. For example to carry forward your meeting, send invitations, and manage the registration of your attendees is so simple. Recommend it.

I always in control, with review settings that allow me to change how responses are displayed from no reply, ant to show me counts and percentages. Much easy. So Incredibly secure webinar platform.

appear.in review by Selina M.
Selina M.

"appear.in is tool for quick and easy video chats! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to connect with multiple people by video chat. The best feature is the ability to generate/keep chat room links - our team using the same chat room everyday for our daily stand ups. We recently upgraded to the premium version and also really enjoy our company branding for when we do external meetings.

What do you dislike?

We do occasionally have issues with connection, such as some users not having sound or video. We usually troubleshoot by restarting browser, but is inconvenient based on how often we use the product. And of course, it is a little awkward when someone stumbles across the wrong video chat and interrupts a meeting. The other major setback is that larger corporations won't use appear.in. We are a startup, so it's is great for internal use, but we end up having to use other party's conference solutions when connecting with bigger companies.

Our team has always struggled with finding an easy-to-use video conference solution that allows us to have quick meetings with our distributed team. We found appear.in last summer and use it everyday! We have different chat rooms for different working groups and send out external links when doing interviews or other remote meetings. Nothing to install and also great mobile app for when on-to-go!

appear.in review by Nils Christian R.
Nils Christian R.

"Amazing for remote work"

What do you like best?

Appear.in is the perfect tool for remote work and all kinds of meetings or stand-ups with a larger group.

We use Appear.in daily for our team meetings. One of the best features is the flexibility of the screen layout. You can see all the participants at the same time, even as some or multiple participants are sharing their screens. You can freely choose what content is shown larger or in full screen.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. One feature that would be nice is a more flexible multi-screen solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a simple tool to try out, and it is free to get started. We pay for a commercial version, because it is cheap and provides us with excellent value.

Brings the team together and makes the product development better, and conflict resolution of our team much better.

appear.in review by Monique W.
Monique W.

"Review of Appear.in"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a good way for the team to have a morning meeting. We also use this platform to talk to our clients at times. It is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

At times we have difficulty with connecting and sometimes we need to leave the room and come back. This can be frustrating when it happens consistently.

For a company that is based all around the country appear.in allows us to see each other each day and chat like a team should. The benefits for this is that we can behave like a normal team

appear.in review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"Appear.in for Simple Quick Video Conferencing"

What do you like best?

The quick setup. Appear.in makes it quite simple to set. Since it is all browser-based, users can spend more time planning and initiating the vudeo-conference rather than tech setup. The "knock" feature is also a welcome addition to block unwanted attendees or give the moderator a little more control.

What do you dislike?

Limited attendees. I could see appear.in used in a number of ways with students and virtual classes but the limited number on who can join a room would may it difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great alternatime to Google Hangouts, Skype, and GotoMeeting. Simple setup and ease of use make it a top choice among students and those with a quick thing to take care of.

It is often difficult to get everyone together in the same room at the same time. In education, there are moments when parents, teachers, and support staff need to meet regularly. This helps Bridget that gap.

appear.in review by Luna L.
Luna L.

"Great and easy remote conversations"

What do you like best?

It's great that the people you want to talk doesn't need to have an account of a certain service so you can have a conversation with them, no signups or logins, just go to a specific room link and you're there. The video and audio are very smooth, event smoother than other similar software.

What do you dislike?

It's kind of mood killer that with the platform simplicity and ease, you have to install a browser extension in order to share your screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is as easy as going to a specific link and start talking. It has a web application and mobile application for on the go meetings.

Meetings with company members around the globe are piece of cake, while it is less than 12 (8 in the free plan). Also inviting prospects for interviews is way easier than making them open a Skype or similar account.

appear.in review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great product that continues to improve"

What do you like best?

So simple to use. Compared to other options we have tried previously, Appear seems to be the one platform that even technophobes don't have any trouble getting online with. It makes meetings easy, saving time and effort fiddling around with passwords, signing in and all the other hassles of other platforms.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to check audio before meetings. Sometimes you sit patiently waiting for the meeting to start only to discover the sound is not what it should be, only when the meeting starts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get on it

It simply makes getting our remote team together far easier. And when others need to join the meetings staff know how to invite them and that they won;t have any issues when they do.

appear.in review by Vytautas B.
Vytautas B.

"Best confere-call app there is"

What do you like best?

We went from Zoom to this and there was no way back for us as it's super easy to use. You just send your private link to the recipient and that's all. A conf-call can be set in less than 2 minutes and speed nowadays is of great importance.

What do you dislike?

The lack of room customization. Needs a bit more polishing. Would love to edit the whole screen of the conference room.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use screens haring more. It's reliable (low latency) and is in pretty good quality too.

Easy to setup a call with a client.

appear.in review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"Appear.in is the simplest conferencing tool yet"

What do you like best?

The simplicity for the attendees is the most important feature and appear.in has it covered.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work well with Safari and being a Mac user, that would be my preference. Although I can deal with it using Chrome, but would love to see full Safari support.

I meet with my overseas development team every morning for our daily scrum. Being able to connect quickly and share updates and discuss progress is critical and appear.in helps me do this without any trouble. with lots of clicks like other tools I use (GoToMeeting).

appear.in review by User

"Damn simple yet complete video meetings"

What do you like best?

No need to sign up. No need to install anything. Appear.in simply works.

Just share an URL and go. Easier to use than Google Hangouts.

Complete set of features even in the free version.

Very good audio/video quality overall.

The concept of "rooms" is also a godo idea because they're always active. People can meet "at that room" as it was a physical room in the office, without need to share the URL again, open a dedicated meeting, etc.

What do you dislike?

Login system is kind of madness. A login link needs to be received via email rather than using username & password, this is a pain when more than ore person handles the paid account in the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Want to get a SIMPLE solution for your web meetings? Appear.in is definitely the best.

Of course, other complex solutions such as Cisco WebEx, Gotomeeting, etc. have more features, but most of the times the main problem with clients is that they can't install anything on their machines, for security reasons.

Appear.in is 100% web based so they don't have to: it works immediately, just after granting the permit to the browser to use microphone and webcam.

Setting up meetings and instant meetings with colleagues and clients.

No need to schedule, invite, make them install extensions or software: it just works.

Learning about appear.in?

* We monitor all appear.in reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7