Agility CMS Reviews & Product Details

Frontend Developer
What do you like best?

The best part is the product is a headless content management platform designed to make it fast and easy to build, manage, and maintain the content, wherever it needs to be. Being also a Cloud-based CMS that is Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) in a multi-tenant architecture enables users to create, customize, and manage websites, apps, eCommerce, and ticketing solutions from a central hub to deliver compelling experiences both on the front end and the back. Easy Setup and great content fetch API for headless CMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The simplification of uploading files would be ideal - where all files are located in the Media & Documents section rather than uploaded directly to Shared Content modules. It is better to copy/paste handling of content from external programs (cleaning Word document formatting, etc.), similar to handling by WordPress and other simplified CMS would be helpful. They also need to improve on global content such as headers/footers, multi-language implementation, etc., would allow our developers more flexibility and reduce our time coordinating with Agility support and using BOH. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to learn and work with many features and it is the best way to organize and update website content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used Agility CMS for content management. As this is cloud-based so no need to bother about deployment charges and the worries of maintaining servers. It also helps in faster development. The site becomes secured and also has roles-based access. Also, it has SEO features and great forms to get started. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agility CMS Overview

What is Agility CMS?

When it comes to choosing a CMS, you shouldn't have to compromise. With all the features of a headless CMS and the familiar authoring tools that marketers know and love, Agility will make everyone on your team happy. The Familiar Authoring Tools You Know and Love: Page Management, Preview, Sitemaps, Content Modelling, Workflows, Content Relationships - With Agility CMS, Content Managers can actually have a full power and control over their content. The Freedom to Build What You Want, How You Want It. With Agility, developers can deliver content to any front end using any coding language via RESTful APIs, our opensource SDKs, and JAMstack technologies. With a ton of built-in-features, easy-to-use integrations with industry-leading tools, and an intuitive interface, you'll be able to get new products and experiences into market quicker and more cost-effectively. Check out our customers who are industry-leaders with digital solutions and websites that set new standards and raise the bar again and again. Are you ready to join the growing movement and bring more agility to your team? Come try Agility CMS for FREE or reach out to us directly if you want to learn more.

Agility CMS Details

Agility CMS is the fastest headless CMS to build, deploy and manage your content.

You've got a lot of options when it comes to choosing a CMS. Do you pick one that has the fast and flexible features of a headless platform, or one that features the familiar authoring tools that marketers know and love? With Agility, you don't have to choose.

Agility Vs Traditional CMS: Sure, a traditional CMS like WordPress may be simple to setup and use. But that ease-of-use comes with a number of drawbacks if you’re trying to create and manage modern, dynamic digital experiences.

Agility Vs Headless CMS: While a headless CMS gives you the flexibility and modern architecture to deliver engaging experiences quickly and cost-effectively, they're often difficult to use by editors and marketers who are used to the familiar authoring experience of a traditional CMS.

Agility Inc
2002
Toronto, Canada

Agility CMS Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Agility CMS community
Have you used Agility CMS before?

Agility CMS Reviews

Showing 96 Agility CMS reviews
Already have Agility CMS?
Frontend Web Developer
What do you like best?

I love that Agility gives us the ability to quickly iterate and build components. Changes are reflected extremely fast, allowing or team to make decisions on the go and adapt to new needs with fast turnarounds. Agility also has a great support team / community along with their documentation which makes it easy to find solutions if you're not acknowledged with the platform already. The support for multiple platforms / stacks is also an asset. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion the rough edges live in the media management section, which is a little confusing to use if your company has a large amount of content. Replacing assets can be a little inconsistent and hard to predict sometimes. Also, the folder structure is too simplistic for larger applications, and as far as you try to host assets through a CDN the day to day work is mostly done in Agility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. It's super easy to get started and see if it fits your product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Agility we can decouple content from code, allowing content editors to work on their updates while we focus on what really matters: making our platform better for our users. With Agility we can decouple content from code, allowing content editors to work on their updates while we focus on what really matters: making our platform better for our users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

The most amazing part of using Agility CMS for projects is how flexible it is. I needed to use a Headless CMS for a legacy-website client to handle a lot of variable content. We were able to produce the content using our current setup, and we didn't have to 'redesign our wheel' so to speak. Using Agility CMS meant we could work with the tools we were already using for a front-end framework, and add dynamic content via modules and a customized content architecture setup. The customer support team was an invaluable asset as well in making sure this transition was smooth! Not every Headless CMS is this fast, flexible, and friendly. Agility CMS really cares about helping their customers succeed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's personally not anything I dislike about Agility CMS. It's flexible enough to use in many different circumstances, and it's exactly what I needed. The only thing I will say is that Agility CMS does err on the developer side heavily, so if you're dipping your toes in the water with Headless CMSs, it'd be smart to use their Gatsby starter and Netlify. If you're coming from the world of Wordpress [which is awful], you need to dabble first, because it's Agility CMS isn't an integrated CMS at all, and can be a challenge for people less technically savvy. That being said, they have excellent documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read everything you can. They have a lot of great documentation. Also don't be afraid to ask questions of other users and the support staff. Agility CMS is a grown-up Headless CMS, so it can be complex if you're not used to implementing content by way of APIs. That being said, their tutorials and guides are fairly robust, and they list exactly what you need to get hooked up and started. My firmest suggestion is to join their Webinars and take in as much info as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I come from the world of oldskool static html/css websites, Wordpress, and integrated CMSs. It's been a challenge for me to find something flexible enough to work with, and also something that's explained well, and has people to reach out to. I'm only technical enough to be dangerous; I'd consider myself a front-end designer/UX person more than anything else. Agility CMS is the only Headless CMS that I've found that has a team that is really willing to give it their all with helping people get up to speed with Headless CMSs. Education about the tool is just as important as the tool itself, which isn't something many Headless CMSs can claim as a strong suit. I've realized that without context, using tools—no matter how great—isn't the way to go. Agility CMS actually wants to educate people like me, and for a goof like myself, that's the most important thing ever. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that Agility is always ready to help and users can use slack or service desk.

I like the UI mostly.

I like that everything is configurable and there are so many possibilities to build any kind of structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are bugs that are so uncomfortable, but I understand that it's very normal. Every system has bugs))

I had some inconvenience with the new UI, I don't like how I can switch the instances. - https://help.agilitycms.com/hc/en-us/requests/58335

Also, maybe I don't know the system very well and that's why I have this thought in my mind, but I'll write anyway: I would prefer to improve user management, roles and permissions.

Also, the backup possibility will be a very advanced feature, because clients will always be frightened about it )) I noticed that there is no some "delete" history and I described it in this ticket - https://help.agilitycms.com/hc/en-us/requests/58264

And one more great suggestion will be GEO restrictions -https://help.agilitycms.com/hc/en-us/requests/58158 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For product improvement, I've always described it above in the "What do you dislike?" field.

Communication is very good. Sometimes it delayed but overall no problem. Maybe I wish that support became faster.

That's all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From time to time I'm learning the system and I discover so many good features. I'm improving my structure and can't wait to have a new project to set up a more easy and better structure for it.

For this time it covers 90% of clients' requirements, and I'm very glad about it.

I say one more time that I like the way how it is configurable. You can build any kind of structure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Board Member
What do you like best?

Agility is very easy to start with and their integration with next.js and Vercel for blog starters is very easy. Usually HEadless CMS and JAMstack dont offer this feature but it is very handy for my editors and content managers. Also editing assets is very easy. Like cropping and resizing photos. SEO feature is great too as well as Content Search." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's quite hard to dislike something that is incredible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are very important if you're looking for easy and reliable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am building a website using Agility CMS for my non-profit organization TWE and so far the experience was great. This CMS has all the features you need for amazing content architecture. I love page management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CH
What do you like best?

Setting up content definitions and modules is easy. Shared content is great when you want to access a list in multiple areas/ways. Having models generated to make things more strongly-typed is nice in comparison to Umbraco's model.Value<type>("property") Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For my company a cloud-based CMS is fine, but for my side work I find them all (not just Agility) to be a bit pricey.

Sometimes content syncing fails with no clear reason as to why.

Since multiple environments share the same instance making a change can break production. I realize this is common with a lot of cloud-based CMS'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Empowering customers to not only modify their own page content, but more robust content like program catalogues, job postings, news, blogs, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketer
What do you like best?

Agility CMS is fluid and the learning curve is easy to pick up on. The layout and where to find pages, assets, and code, makes it fast to locate what you need to find. The customer service is top-notch as well! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Agility CMS creates a gap between developers and digital marketers. It's great if you know HTML, CSS, and Javascript, but to tap into more advanced coding to create more dynamic pages, it would require some assistance on developers' end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are lots of ways you can make your website versatile in bought design and functionality.

Work with Agility & their support groups, and you will be able to achieve anything that you have in mind. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Agility CMS allows us to manage our content with ease. With a robust business, we have to be organized as we generate tons of content on a daily basis. Agility CMS makes it easy for us to manage everything in one spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to manage different pages of my website, now with new updates it has become even better, I can set a date to publish and unpublish pages and also a redirect link so I have perfect control over everything that happens on my site. Media & files section is also awesome, I get to upload my files and store them there so they can be used by everyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are still some modules that are kind of hard to work with, sometimes I work with sections within sections and to publish them is kind of a pain, other than that it is a great tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm managing my whole website with Agility CMS, also using stored media files for my emails, among other things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Front End Developer
What do you like best?

The combination of built-in features and front-end flexibility have been great. There's a significant productivity boost compared to our old CMS. The ability to review edits immediately after making them has been an asset. The global search functionality has also enhanced productivity. Being able to batch upload images has been a great help, too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are certain features that require more steps than should be necessary, but overall, that's a very minor complaint and highly likely something that could be fixed with how we've set up our instance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's early for us still, but we very much like what we see. The combination of built-in features combined with the cloud hosting, and the language agnostic front-end is what really appealed to us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're moving our dependency away from IT and more toward marketing. The benefits are the ability to add components and features without bothering IT. The flexibility over our previous CMS is substantial. Being able to edit and review in real time has been a huge benefit over our former CMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President Sales
What do you like best?

We came across Agility CMS just recently but it is really easy to learn and to start using, it's quite user-friendly.

We are dev shop from India and we also used Drupal and Acquia before. Agility CMS is great for developers, it really gives you plenty of creative freedom and has all the features we need to meet all kinds of client needs. We just like this headless CMS a lot, it is solid, simple and allows to hand off a project to a client after a quick and simple training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Better documentation would be helpful. the help manual etc should be there.. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nice Headless CMS. you should go for it, if you are looking for faster turnaround time in deplyoing the portal with minimum training time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Headless CMS implementation, Quick web development, faster learning and training Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

- Extremely flexible for content structures

- Ability to do both published and user generated content

- Well designed user interface that leaves nothing to chance

- SUPER fast websites. Like insanely fast

- Ability to publish to any platform

- Ability to write front end in any language

- Support is unbelievable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- It's a bit hard to get started with - more examples in each language would be great

- It's pricey, but you get what you pay for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Embrace the challenge of getting it going and set up for your specific tasks. It'll be worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using Agility for a content storage house that publishes to our digital channels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Agility CMS is an easy way to display information about a wide variety of programs with its module setup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As with any CMS, there are a few bugs that come up with Agility when building or editing pages. But the support has been helpful so far making this a less frequent occurrence. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Agility CMS is a simple CMS that has more bells and whistles than a typical platform may offer. The ease of set up and building a new site makes it worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of how to launch a new website that will be beautiful and informative to our customers. We have not launched yet, but I look forward to seeing our web traffic increase after doing so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AS
What do you like best?

Simple and easy layout that gives lots of options and designs to choose from Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that we haven’t liked so far in our experience, but any issue we have had were resolved very quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Different looks and options for various pages throughout the site with options for both text and imagery Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We researched so many CMS options when we decided to rebuild our website. We ultimately chose Agility. It was a standout in terms of flexibility, ease of use, cost, and good basic built-in structure. It is has been easy to build out the components we need to express our content in ways that best suit our audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing- so far I don't have any complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have an in-house team and want to build a website yourself--this is the CMS to use. We evaluated so many headless options and found that this was by far the best solution for the price, service provided, and back-end and front end usability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our current website was not meeting the needs of our internal and external clients. It was difficult to make changes or add new features to the site without heavy IT involvement. We needed a website back-end that would give our Marketing team more autonomy to make changes without always getting IT involved. Once IT did their part on the back-end coding, my marketing team had been able to build web pages with all kinds of cool components to express our content in ways that really speak to our current and potential clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Production Specialist
What do you like best?

I like the structure of the CMS and how all the modules work. It is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Loading time – it can be very slow at times

- The fact that you have to unpublish an item that has already been scheduled to go live at a certain date in order to reschedule it at a different date

- Limitations in the HTML editor in the Rich Text Area module. We should also be able to set the background to the colour we want and remain like that.

- How the HTML code doesn't work on the text fields for some modules

- How every module doesn't have an HTML editor

- When you save and publish an item the Staging status on top stays there even though the item is already published – which is confusing

- Bugs in general as I had issues with the CMS at my previous job as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are certain limitations on how each page can be customized and the loading time can be very slow at times, but it's good overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Since the CMS is very easy to navigate and all the modules can be copied between pages, it helps us be more efficient at what we do on a daily basis.

- The scheduling tool is probably the most important tool for us as we scheduled all the content we built in the CMS weeks in advance. Although it needs to be improved, it has helped us a lot! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've used several other CMS types, and Agility seems to be the most adaptable while also have a clear, user-friendly interface that is mostly intuitive, even for a non-technical writer/editor like me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I definitely need the assistance and expertise of my colleagues in IT and graphic design to fully utilize all of Agility's features and functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Research all your options extensively with the input of IT professionals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously, our university's website was divided into sections that were maintained on separate CMS accounts. This created a very confusing labyrinth to navigate in order to make even the simplest of changes. Agility has allowed us to consolidate almost everything into a single platform that is searchable on the back end, so once everything is fully operational, even the least technical team member (myself) can update and maintain our site with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Agility CMS is a simple tool that can be learned quickly. I use it to manage our department's intranet pages. I like the tools and features it offers to quickly build web pages. It also allows you to add headlines and helpful links at the bottom of each page, which are nice tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to link to a bookmark on the same page instead of adding the #bookmark to the end of the URL manually. I don't think this is intuitive and would prefer the "link" button allow the option to link to a bookmark as well as a file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using it to get my job done! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CC
What do you like best?

Great for headless CMS implementation. It's been around for years and they are always evolving it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had wrote this review a few years ago I would have had lots to say, but recently, there isn't much I dislike about the product these days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There isn't much that comes out of the box, but if you like to build your own modules then this is the product for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clients who need their content readily available online Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, SVP Digital Analytics & Insights
What do you like best?

Development speed and creative flexibility along with world class service and support. We also are really happy about the transparency we have with the product road map and the latest release of it's headless architecture. This gives us even more flexibility when it comes to producing highly aesthetic experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We generally like all aspects of Agility as it helps both our ability to develop products quickly and helps our client team easily manage content. If we disliked anything it was originally it's reliance on .Net developers but now that Agility is headless, that is no longer a concern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We recommend a quick introduction to the authoring environment and if possible, discussing the development advantages with an Agility CMS partner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dotfusion has been developing on Agility for over 10 years. We love how quickly we can design and develop world class web and digital solutions on Agility CMS. Agility support and customizable authoring environment is what our client love. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

Agility's flexibility makes it easy to integrate into any project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think their interface is a little dated and awkward but that's getting better every release. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to give marketers a custom tailored experience to edit our websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It was easy to get set up and easy to use. I was able to create a basic page template and get a web site up in a matter of hours. Creating content definitions and modules for maintaining your website data is also really simple. If you need more complex data types features like Custome Fields you can create whatever you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say this is necessarily a dislike, but it would be nice if creating content for a dynamic page was done in a way that was similar to the module structure of a static page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made the easier for data creators and designers to work more independently on our site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That AgilityCMS is user-friendly and doesn't require any development and code-writing skills on our end. It allows our users to add pages and edit content at need. We are an online magazine and content management is very important to us. We have a lot of content to manage but not much time, nor the expertise, to deal with complex systems. So simplicity, page management, flexibility, and no prerequisite coding skills are our top reasons for using AgilityCMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The WYSIWYG editor could perhaps be a bit better but it is pretty minor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are managing a content-based publication website. It has eliminated the need for us to build the required skills in-house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Main PRO for me is Page Management and Modules feature, other headless CMSs don’t offer this and it is critical for us, it allows marketing team and users to create what they need but under certain control of development team. It saves time for developers because we need only to develop a few page templates for each project, and then marketing team can be as creative as they need to be with page variations. It is a win win. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They were historically .NET which was not ideal but now they are embracing JAMStack which is very cool.

Also, there is some room for improvement related to a user experience of the content manager. But I can see they make updates on the platform very often, coming up with cool features and improvement on the design. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The platform is very flexible and easy to integrate with website and other tools. The sales and support team are great. Ask to them to contact you. They will explain to you how to organize your content architecture and how you can use the tool for you needs. For us was very useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before Agility we were using wordpress to manage our website and internal portal. But we had too much problems security related because of the plugin breaches on wordpress. So we rebuilt our channels and decide to use a more secure and stable platform as Agility. So far, the platform is working very well for us, and the content manage is way more easy and organized now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Developer
What do you like best?

After their new update Agility dashboard has improved so much, I think it is easier to use. I love how you have pre-built modules that let you post your information in an easy way. You can also schedule publications and it helps a lot with SEO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was kinda difficult to use at first but it has improved on that regard, also there's an annoying delay when you override documents on the CMS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm managing three different websites inside the same dashboard, it has helped me improve SEO and I can have full control of everything that happens on the websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

AgiltyCMS platform is easy to use making it easy for non technical people to add and edit content. The support staff is exceptional and anything our team needs is answered within a few hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

From our experience, we have some limitations on designs and layout of templates. But maybe that is a good thing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product with a very experienced staff who will not stop until all of you needs are mret. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an intuitive product that allows our Marketing to easily input content, events, blog, etc to our website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The linear structure and ability to see sitemap of pages at one time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The inability to open several preview screens at once. For certain projects I like to look at other pages I've created side-by-side with a page I'm trying to create. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to preview changes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.