ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now

(2,485)

From basic payroll and helping with Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, to managing employees across borders, ADP Workforce Now is a simple, powerful solution that helps companies with 50 or more employees improve their business performance.

Work for ADP Workforce Now?

Learning about Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Ask Workforce Now a Question
Erin Z.

"ADP Workforce Now"

What do you like best?

Pros:

Easy to use interface

Lots of features in one location

Quick onboarding

ACA tracking/Benefits tracking

Quick turn around on payroll

Accessible support staff

Great Implementation Team

What do you dislike?

Cons:

Some features are overly complicated (performance dashboard)

Uploading spreadsheets can be an issue, even when all headers are correct

Transferring employees between company codes isn't allowed, very time consuming to transfer an employee to another location

No 24 hour support

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend ADP to anyone running multiple companies, also even if you're not, ADP RUN is also a great tool that I use for our smaller businesses. ADP allows you to house all employee files, complete performance reviews to go into files, administer pay, upload company documents, and do a lot of your typical HR filing in one location and in the cloud, so it's possible to take your business paperless---which is such a wonderful feature. Although I wish support had better hours, the support is great and the account managers are super helpful. There are lots of features to learn and improve how you use and understand ADP---it's a great application with few flaws.

ADP has helped us go paperless, house our HR related documents for easy access by our team and allows us to keep everything together in one location. Payroll is simple and mistakes can be corrected with ease. ADP pays and reports taxes so we don't have to consistently monitor whether or not thats being paid on time. EEO and other reporting is just a click away, lots of great accountability features.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ADP Workforce Now
Showing 2,485 Workforce Now reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ADP Workforce Now
Holly P.

"Our One-Stop Shop for Payroll and HR"

What do you like best?

We enjoy having many different features/systems/modules integrated into one platform. ADP has provided features and solutions to meet the needs of most businesses, and for us they have certainly delivered on that. We also really appreciate that they stay at the forefront of emerging trends and technological advances within the broader payroll and banking industry, as that is important to our organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we struggle a bit with not having the level of customization that we need. As a result, our sales and service team at ADP is always open to hearing our feedback and looking for additional ways and workarounds to solve these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP has essentially been able to work out a solution to every major issue we've come across. They work hard to keep our business and regularly check in with us to ensure our needs our being met and we are satisfied with the level of service we are receiving. For our organization, we've found that WFN combined with all of the various carrier connections, vendor feeds, and APIs that we utilize, has been quite sufficient for helping us to execute department initiatives and continue to improve our service model and processes.

With ADP WFN, we've been able to automate essentially all of our payroll and HR processes, and by streamlining it through the system we've seen an increase in efficiency as well as an assurance of compliance and internal controls which protect the business from unnecessary exposure.

What HR Management Suites solution do you use?

Chris H.

"Good product for large clients"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features and capabilities. There are sufficient amounts of different types of reports and the ability to call in to get help with custom reporting.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't seem like they tailor as much to smaller companies. We have 400 employees and often are told we are not large enough for some of the higher end features, even if we upgraded to another product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have all of your plans for future HR programs in place or at least ready to discuss with ADP prior to signing to ensure they will be able to meet your needs. We weren't as specific as we should have been on some items that needed to be done a certain way and have had a hard time getting it to work out.

We have been able to get a more robust payroll solution to meet our needs. Another benefit is the Bridge where we can talk with other ADP users to get input or advice on many WFN items.

Linda L.

"Why use anything else?"

What do you like best?

Compliance is a key issue and ADP is an invaluable tool for maintaining it. The application is easy to use, and will remind you in the application of key issues that need to be addressed when certain changes are made.

What do you dislike?

The updates come fast and furious, but bugs are fixed usually within a reasonable amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the best. Anything else will waste your time and money. ADP can handle more of your needs than you even think it can. I cannot imagine processing payroll without it. The knowledge base of the customer service representatives is immense. This company has been doing business dependably and accurately for longer than most businesses remain open. The computer systems and backups keep your employee's information safe. Just the ability to access it by administrators and employees from almost any computer is a huge benefit.

Local tax compliance, report generating on demand. When I change an employee's address, ADP reminds me to check their local tax code as well. This was a complicated mess made easy! Our company transfers employee's hours to different departments weekly so the reports generated by ADP are invaluable in that respect. The "Field Grabber" for use in creating reports is a miracle! I can design any report I need with ease, and I don't have to look through a lot of different terms to figure out what data i need to put on the report.

Dawn C.

"Custom Reporting is the Best"

What do you like best?

I have used 10 different payroll systems over the course of my career and I think that the custom reporting tool in Workforce Now is the best tool out there.

What do you dislike?

Downside is that you cannot view critical setup information on ADP's mainframe. It seems like this gets a little better with each system update ADP does but it's not yet where it needs to be. Not being able to view information such as pay code taxability, or deduction code reporting on the W2, means you have to call their client services line and ask the rep to relay to you what they see which is not always reliable and is definitely inefficient.

There is no automatic reminder email that goes out to employees and their managers to remind them to complete and approve their timecards each week or pay period. This is still a manual process.

One downside to custom reporting is that you cannot pull employer-paid taxes, by employee, into any report. Reports showing this information are only produced by ADP on a quarterly basis, and only in a PDF format.

Payroll, Time Off, Time & Attendance, and HR activities have been integrated in one system. There are also carrier connections set up to our various health insurance carriers. Automated file feeds have been set up to some of our other vendors for 401k participant/contribution information and to our stock equity vendor for YTD taxable wage info for their tax calculations.

Teresa C.

"good but not great"

What do you like best?

I love that my batches remain in the system and that the health premium piece for the W2 reporting at the end of the year is fairly easy to report also the batch spreadsheets are fairly easy to use as well. Love that the calculation process is a very quick one and that we are not waiting forever for it to do its calculation process.

What do you dislike?

The system is not always user friendly and I really hate that when you call their customer support line you almost always get directed to someone over seas which is HORRIBLE!!! I Also dislike the fact that you can't hit the enter button or the arrows buttons to move around easily in the spreadsheet batches when entering payroll information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and check out multiple companies to be sure you are getting the company that works best for your company. ADP is a good company however, I feel there may be other companies out there that are equally as good or better.

A benefit is that the payroll batch spreadsheets are fairly easy to use and are saved to reuse the very next payroll process cycle for which I am very thankful and is a real benefit and makes my job much easier. We have not had any real issues to solve as of yet. However, there is always the possibility that they will appear before we know it.

Laura D.

"ADP is Always Making it Easier and Easier"

What do you like best?

I like how ADP does updates to make processes and reports easier and easier. The custom reports "Field Grabber" is extremely useful and allows me to run any report I need. I also love how easy it is to add employees, terminate, and review timesheets in ADP.

What do you dislike?

Making "position status = active" should be a 1 click, more readily available option when running reports. I also have struggles running reports for a certain date in time in the past, and getting accurate information who was active back then. A lot of times if I am running a reports for say March of 2018, it will give all employees who are active now, but not active then.

There are no current problems I am solving with ADP now. I've noticed many benefits in the Reporting. Also, with the Bridge, I can figure out usually what I am looking for.

Mary N.

"Against the grain"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the face to face interaction with the Pro Summit!! Through the years I've only heard all of the negatives about ADP and still managed to remain positive (on most days) in regard to ADP and it's benefit to companies. At the Pro Summit, it truly is a "human" experience which has broadened my expectations and exceeded them, more now considering all of the features that have been available all along. When you get through and see all of the layers, it brings to light just how complex the system really is, but also very simple to manage when done properly. I titled this review "Against the grain" because many see ADP as a daunting system, but I disagree, especially now...

What do you dislike?

I would have to say the 800# customer service line where you get people who don't show the same appreciation as the reps seen today at the Pro Summit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be Intentional with your time when looking into ADP WFN and really focus on understanding the system before you reject it for appearing complicated.

The major benefit is housing all info in one central location (for the most part). Employee data is readily accessible.

Robert F.

"ADP WFN - 8 Months in"

What do you like best?

The most useful part of WFN is that you can manage nearly all HR functions with one portal. Once you have the modules setup and running they work very well and make my daily tasks much easier.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful part of WFN is that it seems to be complicated in some areas just for the sake of being complicated. My main example is the Onboarding module, what should be a very simple task of having the HR practitioner control everything through WFN including the I9, W4, emergency contacts, etc is made more complex by having the reports to manager control the HR functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make things more simple, do not restrict how certain items work.

The recruitment module works well enough, some of the metrics should be changed so we can measure the date the candidate accepts the job offer. The employee document management, compensation items and review system are all very robust.

Lindsey W.

"An easy way to keep payroll and company information together."

What do you like best?

I like that I can check my weekly work hours and estimate my check before it is deposited into my bank account. You can also see tax forms and manage your health insurance benefits all in one location. you can also access employee discount websites from the same location. Everything work related is all in one spot. If you worked at a company that had ADP before it will keep all your information from the past as well to access which is nice, especially for tax information.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is that as an employee you have to go to a manage if you forget to clock in or out of the system when logging hours. You can add a note but not insert the actual time you have to have someone else log in to change or add time. If you have used ADP at a company before you do have to contact an administrator to get you new login information which is sometimes difficult to get.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great way to keep employee information all in one location with easy access. If you worked at a company that had ADP before it will keep all your information from the past as well to access which is nice, especially for tax information.

The benefits I have realized is that all your pay stubs and tax forms are all in 1 location when you need to access them. you no longer have to go to Human Resources to figure out pay, benefits or tax information.

Christina P.

"Ease of Use and Great Knowledge"

What do you like best?

The support line has been a tremendous help along with the many webinars available. It has allowed our offices to better utilize the ADP system to pull reports and gather information.

What do you dislike?

Not having access to all of the modules is a bit frustrating because I feel that we could benefit from some of the recruitment and performance management information. However, our company was not willing to pay for these resources when we initially started using ADP and not sure how our parent company will decide to integrate this information into the system.

We are incorporating more information onto the system to make it easier for managers and HR personnel to access employee data. It also allows for more visibility for the employees as well. Hoping to add in self service for benefits administration to go live by early next year for Open Enrollment procedures.

Jonathan C.
View Original July 13, 2018

"Better options available"

What do you like best?

ADP has a lot of different add-on's that you can purchase, like COBRA processing (outsourced to WageWorks), Comprehensive Benefits and HR Solutions, Payroll, Background checks, etc. Most of the different add-on's are plug and play, meaning you can select them and they're easily configurable to your system.

I did like the way the payroll dashboard displayed various aspects of where we were in Payroll and some key metrics, like the total number of pays, employees who aren't getting paid, etc. I also liked the payroll comparison feature that allowed me to compare a previous payroll against the current one to ensure I didn't miss something. Most of my employees are salaried and payroll typically is pretty standard.. so if I saw a variance I knew something was wrong.

What do you dislike?

Getting data out of the system is troublesome. In some cases, like creating custom fields and entering data, you have to wait for 24 hours before the field is updated in the reporting repository. When something goes wrong, and it usually will, getting technical support is an issue. ADP is a big company and finding the right area for support is troublesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really focus on their customer support to make sure you're going to be able to get the right level of support you need.

We switched to ADP HR and Benefits in 2014 after using them for Payroll for a much longer period of time. Shortly after we switched to ADP, we change our Recruitment platform due to functionality issues with ADP and also Performance Management. With ADP, we were able to keep our HR department small as they handled COBRA, Benefit Administration, Background Checks, etc. for us.

Sherry W.

"ADP Preparing New Report to Customers to Comply with New EEO-1 Compensation Reporting"

What do you like best?

Customers can make recommendations for new services and features to respond to compliance issues such as the new EEO-1 requirement for 2017 and 2018 compensation records regarding pay equity.

What do you dislike?

We are still waiting for a process to calculate overtime to include commissions earned in the prior month but paid in the next month. The Department of Labor requires that commissions must be included in the calculation of overtime for the month they are earned. We comply with this requirement by manually calculating and importing our spreadsheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implemnt the first of the year or on the quarter.

Reconciliation of our benefits invoicing, salary planning, compensation equity, streamline management reporting and automation of timecard processing. Recruitnig has been impacted the most with managers having access to a resume database, ability to track applicants, post positions and complete the hiring process online.

Alayna F.

"Useful but needs some improvements"

What do you like best?

Time tracking and payroll systems are heavily used, so that's what I prefer and am most familiar with. Time and attendance is relatively easy to use and they have improved it by a long shot over the last couple years - even within the last 6ish months. The ACA compliance section is beautifully laid out and looks like it should work well but in reality displays incorrect or missing information, and I am not sure why.

What do you dislike?

Benefit tracking system is confusing and very cluttered. I think set up could have been done much better. Vacation accruals don't always accrue as they should, and any employee changing FT or PT status has a lot of steps to go through that I think could be eliminated. ACA compliance is not good, but I understand because that legislation is still being understood. Timecard visuals are a little clunky and I usually have to review with staff when they are looking at it for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a plan in place for the way you want systems to look so that ADP can work with you to make paths and systems clear. Sometimes things are more complicated than necessary and there is some clutter, especially around benefit management, department groups and company codes.

Payroll services are streamlined, the ADP mobile app allows employees to track many of their own needs, like timecards, paychecks, vacation accruals, sick accruals, benefit deductions, timecard errors, and more.

Regina R.

"ADP Workforce Now - USER"

What do you like best?

What I like about most is the ability to update my info so quickly, and the ability to look at my information so quickly. I am not able to get my pay info anytime I want to, where as previously, I had to request this information from our managers . This year, we implemented the benefits self service as well. It was a great experience and the step by step process made it easy to chose the options that I wanted. I love the ease and availability of use.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about it is when I go into log on to the program sometimes it times out and takes a long time to connect. I am unsure if this is a network issue on my end or if the program has been inundated with users, but that would be the main dislike for me as a user.

Overall, I have not had the opportunity to see much that I dislike. Everything that I am offered through work has been easy to use with ADP.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this program for all businesses looking to help your employees get their information accurately and efficiently. Using ADP Workforce Now has been a lifesaver for all of our employees

We have gone from having to enter employee information by hand to now allowing our employees to enter into the system to manage their own needs and info. For so long we had to request any and all information to the managers, and this could take closer to 1 week due to schedules and availability.

Roger M T.

"ADP Workforce Now - The number 1 for payroll"

What do you like best?

payroll payments, never before were so simple, Infosys have hundreds of bills to pay every day, thanks to ADP, we have a quick and easy to use solution, for the payment of accounts to our employees, and payments to third parties They are presented daily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have too many options, you do not know what each one is for, or you just do not need to use it, this sometimes makes the work that is being done slower, and a lot of time is lost, sometimes it is necessary to have many tabs open, and this is uncomfortable, when what you need to do is a quick and easy work, for bills or payments, that need a lot of information and details is fine, but when it is simple, leaves much to be desired.

You save a lot of time for payments and creation of payroll accounts, with ADP, everything is simple, and you avoid an amount of unnecessary paperwork that only occupies space in the offices.

Linda C P.

"A Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can access the system anytime from anywhere. It's very user friendly. The guides are great as a backup support, along with the screenshots to help you feel at ease that you are following instructions precisely & in the proper menu. The customer service is also fantastic! They are quick to assist and ensure your payroll is processed properly.

What do you dislike?

Having more access rights to implement last minute coding & be able to tell the system if something is cumulative.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This web based application is very user friendly. Once you understand where to maneuver around the different menus, it's a breeze to use. If you have a last minute entry prior to processing you can log in from anywhere at any time to make the necessary changes!

We are currently using ADP Workforce Now for payroll processing, tax preparation & filings, as well as year-end W2s. By being able to consolidate these tasks using ADP's service, we have better time management to perform other duties our employer may require.

Kanhaiya A.

"Works at its best"

What do you like best?

1. Review time cards

2. Past pay rolls

3. Request time off

4. Cross-platform.

5. Link DD account

The software displays analytics in real-time and you can create customized spreadsheets, graphs, charts, and reports. The app is fully web-based and offers to host along with your package, featuring server audits and regular security backups. You can minimize administrative duties and errors with real-time payroll calculations. Plus, it’s possible to leverage the help of compliance experts to get more peace of mind.

Pros

This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies.

Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze.

Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons

ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday.

Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications.

Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

What do you dislike?

Zero dislike.

It does what's needed. However, the mobile app needs more user simplicity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and its features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies.

Helps stay compliant with employee across multiple jurisdiction.

Reporting at first class, standard and custom reporting.

Abilities for analysis.

Jennifer C.

"HR Manager experienced with multiple payroll/hr systems"

What do you like best?

Great support, even though some of the processes are very convoluted, it is out of necessity to be able to have so many awesome functions to keep things together in one system. Once the system is customized & in place, it is user friendly, when/if things are not operating as you anticipated them to, your support to better understand and/or make necessary changes is extremely ready & helpful.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge technology competent person, as I am in my late 40's & I didn't grow up with computers.. so basically self taught through my many years of management. As I mentioned above; some of the processes are so intricate & detailed on the back end to work properly; I am limited to being able to fully understand some things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for a one stop shop!

Payroll, Employee Annual reviews, 90-Day probationary reviews, employee notes, employee document storage & organization, etc.

Robin C.

"Working with ADP Workforce "

What do you like best?

When I get an ADP rep that I can understand clearly and they seem to want to make sure all my questions and needs are addressed.

I love the instant preview process & being able to see in real time info on our employees.

What do you dislike?

On occasion I will get an ADP rep that I have trouble understanding and therefore I'm not 100% sure that they fully understand my question or needs.

The connection between adding states for Workers Comp and the renewal. I will receive emails saying my Work Comp policy is available for download and for all the years I can remember, the download is never there on the portal. I have to call ADP Insurance dept & ask them to resend. Which is what I need to do after this review as my policy is not there to upload for 2019.

Wish there were HSA limits to set to help me stay on track to avoid overfunding someone's HSA account, i.e. like there are for 401k deferrals.

Pay by Pay has helped tremendously to spread out the annual premiums for Work Comp

Beth L.

"ADP meets our ever changing needs"

What do you like best?

Our employee population is growing by leaps and bounds and at a rapid pace, as is our HR, Payroll and employee needs. No matter what our growth is, ADP will always provide a tool that helps us meet that need.

They are forever expanding, updating and restructuring their systems to change with this fast paced world.

What do you dislike?

I find that when ADP does an upgrade it sometimes affects the browser I use and I find myself changing browsers to accommodate the upgrades.

Our employees have difficulty navigating in ADP's mobile app. Some complaints are that they can only see so much on their device, sometimes the scrolling doesn't perform well, it is slow, it constantly kicks them out, they cannot see all of the information on the screen. Unfortunately, we get many complaints regarding the mobile app.

We are utilizing the HRB, Payroll, Time Off, Time and Attendance and the Employee portals. All of which makes coordination and tracking of employee information much easier.

The Employee self portal is a blessing and very user friendly. This has benefited our agency as there are many tasks that are done on the portal now rather than on paper.

Kayla F.

"ADP Payroll Experience"

What do you like best?

ADP does a wonderful job in the Payroll world. Always up to date on the ever changing environment that is employee payroll. I also enjoy the ADP reporting tool. Whenever we have a need for a new report the reporting hotline is always available and very quick to respond. Most new reports take under 48 hours to write and review for our company. We ask for a lot of complex reporting with our staffing situation. We also enjoy our mobile app. Our employees who get logged in think it is extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the benefits portion of ADP. I feel that the people who are our contacts do not know enough about payroll and how the benefit piece works within payroll to make everything connected. Often times when I am adding new benefit plans at the new year, our benefits specialist doesn't know enough in the payroll department to make the changes that we need. We have now every year had to go back and adjust employees payroll because the benefits implementation person did not know how to set the benefits up correctly to not charge our employees for employer covered benefits. Also, how ACA measurement periods are set up is not conducive to a high turnover environment. We need more options when we have acquisitions with multiple companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be proactive in the implementation phase. Know what your issues were in the last system you were using and address those concerns head on. Be knowledgeable in the end product. What you want to see and how you know to get there. Make sure you are proactive in questions and recommendations for your platform. Pick out problem areas ahead of time and walk through them in implementation.

We are solving a big issue with our tax preparation and knowledge as well as our WOTC information.

Celeste B.

"Recommending ADP Workforce Now"

What do you like best?

ADP Workforce Now is user-friendly, making my daily time charging a fast and easy task. I can also easily find past timesheets when needed and can look up past paychecks and check my accrued personal time off. ADP Workforce Now makes it easy to manage my team's daily timesheets. ADP Workforce Now is always available using the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as easy to use as it is on a computer. It's harder to navigate and find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend ADP Workforce Now if you need a high quality software for keeping track of your time and attendance as well as your payroll and other HR needs.

Our business is government contracted, so it is mandatory for all employees to precisely manage our daily and hourly time charging. Being able to locate the correct charge codes is a must and ADP Workforce Now enables me to do that without issues. When I am away from the office, I can easily revise or approve my timesheet using the mobile app when necessary.

Jamie H.

"ADP is awesome"

What do you like best?

So i have many reasons why i like ADP Workforce now. The top reasons are; I can review my time card as well as review past pay rolls as well and request time off all on one website. Having access and ability to link my bank account for direct deposit is pretty awesome too.

What do you dislike?

To be honest when it comes to ADP Workforce i have zero complaints. I think i have only had one instance where i forgot my password and had issues with retrieving it. But it was manageable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a easy to use system. I also recommend looking at everything you can. The more you know about the system the more simple it becomes to use.

I have no business problems with ADP. And about a year into using it i realized that there was an area in which i had access to benefits and deals with car rentals and hotel deals. Its a pretty neat feature that i am still yet to try out.

Tristann G.

"First Class Service for US Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

ADP's customer service is top notch. They are always available to handle any problems that arise, from special requests to day to day occurrences.

ADP is the best for US payroll processing. It has all of the tools you need for a Single Source Solution that is fully integrated. ADP keeps you informed of changing tax laws. They send updates and implement changes that effect payroll and human resources. They provide continuous training and regular updates so your payroll processing stays efficient and accurate. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their products and services.

What do you dislike?

I would like to seem them expand into the global arena and offer a single product that allows processing of international and US payrolls combined for better efficiency and reporting.

ADP helps me stay compliant with employees that work across multiple jurisdictions.

Their reporting is first class, from standard reports to customize reports. They provide all the details and analytics I need for our company.

Johanna M.

"ADP Review "

What do you like best?

ADP is very simple to use. You can attach Ids from it so you don't have to keep any paper copies in your office. For me it helps me verify employee legal work status usually immediately. My company has more than 500 employees in California and everyone uses it daily. Nothing hard about it at all. I just love the simplicity anyone that knows how to use a computer can definitely use it.

What do you dislike?

You have to enter a lot of information regarding employees information. Updates a few times a year so it has little changes that you need to get used to. It's easy to learn to use it but when creating a mistake it gets a little confusing as to how to correct it. Other than that everything else is pretty neat.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend it. Very simple to use.

I am able to use it to verify employees legal work status. Also able to attach identifications so we don't keep any in the office.

Monica C.

"Account Manager "

What do you like best?

Having a helpful reporting support team, just one phone call away and they are able to assist you or help customize a report within minutes and help guide you to create or work with derived fields going forward.

I like when you finally come across a representive that is able to help you without being transferred to anyone else. A very helpful person that I come across now and then is Paula Young, she is very knowledgeable and im very grateful for her long term knowledge.

Not to mention able to login in from home to complete a task if needed too.

I also love having dashboards, makes thing easy without having to run any reports, dashboards come very handy when needing quick answers easy to the eyes and makes it non complicated for our managers to understand.

Overall it takes time to understand the system but with time you will be able to navigate on your own.

What do you dislike?

Being on hold for a long period of time, unable to reach our account manager. We chooce to be transfered to the back up team only to be forward back to the account manager or the back up team taking a message and we dont get a response back.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you get the proper trainning plenty of classes available.

Comapny accruals - terminate employees vacation bucket to zero out and mack vacation and sick time on real time web base to be able to fix.

Gwen D.

"Avid ADP Advocate"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use with ADP WFN. Everything I need is at the tip of my fingers. The integrated HR, Payroll, Time & Attendance, Analytics, Performance Management and Compensation Management platform helps me be efficient at my job. I also love that everything is in one place.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrated modules are not as intuitive as they should be. Compensation Management was a little tricky to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product! Implementation is easy, support is great, products are just enough without being overbearing with lots of things I don't need.

Being a one person department, the ADP WFN tools have allowed me to build in efficiencies so that I can get the tactical parts of my job done in a timely manner allowing me to focus more time on strategic initiatives.

Alessandra C.

"ADP Workforce Now is OK"

What do you like best?

I like that I can call a customer service representative for ADP Workforce Now and get assistance with completing an unfamiliar process in the system.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I have to wait until I begin a pay cycle to make many changes to employment profiles. In other HRIS systems, I am able to key changes or updates ahead of time with an effective date. I do not like that local tax information is affiliated with the position someone holds, which means that if you need to update their local tax information you must also change their position. I also feel that some consultants are not as attentive to their clients. I have had to chase some around for weeks at a time in order to get a response on something, which can hold up implementation schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a system that has many parts that are all interconnected and work together seamlessly, then I would not consider ADP Workforce Now. There are better systems that can service you if this is a priority for you and your organization.

We recently rolled out the Time Off module which has helped resolve time off tracking issues previously experienced using an Excel worksheet.

Sarah M.

"ADP Workforce Now "

What do you like best?

My favorite part about ADP workforce now is that all our employees can be in different time zones and can clock in and out of work from either their phone app or on a computer. I also like that the employees can make notes in the time and attendance section as to why they were late to work or left early.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that for some employees I have to go in the time and attendance section and override their automatic 30-minute lunch deduction to their time every day if the employee doesn't take a lunch. This is tedious and annoying at times to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient when calling customer service because you could be waiting on hold for more than 30 minutes.

This system works for our compnay because our headquarters is located in chicago, IL and our employees all work in different states so this is the most efficiant way to keep track of their hours and also pay them.

Jason C.

"Buggy, especially with mobile credentials"

What do you like best?

I think it's pretty comprehensive, decently intuitive in terms of UI, under a trusted name.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the UI/UX needs an update with regards to aesthetics, and general user flow. It's hard to tell how much of the design came straight from ADP and what was required by the client (my employers) but it features a MYSELF menu that just doesn't make a lot of sense for a site focused around people looking up their personal work info to begin with. Lots of redundancies make it confusing and stressful. Most importantly though, is the fact that many of us could not get the mobile app to work for weeks because the login credentials were being rejected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think of the user first

Payroll, benefits, timeoff. It's good to have a centralized place to request time off and look up quick info, but this site and the app have disappointed in times in urgent need and in general usability.

Daniel G.

"User-friendly Software that should be used by all companies."

What do you like best?

ADP has made looking up my paycheck a whole lot easier. The software is very intuitive and anytime I need to check on the status of something, I can do it in no time at all. My favorite thing by far is the ease of use of their app. Anytime I need a quick update on something to do with my payroll, I can just pull out my phone versus having to get on a computer to do the same thing.

What do you dislike?

One thing I do dislike is the need to open a new window anytime you click on a tab. Anytime I am on my computer and login to ADP, I am required to have multiple tabs open because every time I click on a different tab, a new window pops up. I wish there was a way to stay on the current page without having to change windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want your HR department to increase their efficiency and productiveness, please switch to this program; you will not regret it in the future.

Having employees understand how payroll works can be a daunting task. Having the simplicity of ADP to do a lot of the behind the scenes work makes my job a whole lot easier. By far the biggest benefit I have seen is that ADP provides answers to a lot of the most commonly asked questions by employees. They don't need to ask HR. Most of the answers can be found on the site.

Benito C.

"Overall it's a great system "

What do you like best?

This system is robust in what it does, it is for larger and more midsize businesses. I think the best part about it is the reporting capabilities & the ability to practically report on any field that you would like to report on. ADP is a good storehouse for employee data and much can be stored in it. Also, the employee self service for viewing checks is clean & straight forward for the employees. Open enrollment is fairly easy to deploy through the self service option. Overall, this is a great option for companies. I also love the fact that I can talk to anyone to assist me in whatever I may need.

What do you dislike?

There are several improvements that can be made to ADP WFN:

- The site is glitchy at times. I also hate the fact that it will tell you that you are logged in elsewhere when all other windows are closed out. This is so frustrating!

- Customer service can be frustrating at times because you have to kind of guage whether or not they know what they are talking about. I usually have to throw them a test question befoe I get into the real question to ensure that know that they are knowledgable in the area. I shouldn't have to do this!

-So many employee have trouble navigating or logging into their accounts.

Wish List

- I wish I could log in as other employee so I can elivate the troubleshooting as an Admin.

- I wish every ADP employee were on the same page in terms of their responses

Storing and reporting on our employee data. We use ADP as our source of truth.

Ahmed T.

"Submitting work hours & PTO - Easy"

What do you like best?

From the layout I've found using ADP, all of my employers that utilize ADP are all synced into the system. This keeps everything in such a convenient folder for me especially when its time to submit my taxes! I love how the home page shows me what my total hours should be and any holidays coming up. Planning ahead made easy!

What do you dislike?

If there could be an option to "hide" certain features so I am not overwhelmed with all the great features ADPhas to offer. Although there may be many, I can sometimes feel like i would have to really search for what I'm looking for. Maybe a favorites tab?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to ask your payroll manager of shortcuts and tricks to navigate to your most used areas.

Submitting my worked hours, submitting PTO, calculating my salary, setting up direct deposit, and any A/P roles.

Anthony J. R.

"Anthony's take on ADP ! "

What do you like best?

ADP's customer service is 2nd to none, they are smart, fun and always available to handle any and all of your day to day challenges. . I've used just about every payroll application out there, weather it's in house or out sourced, in my opinion, ADP is the best in brand, has all of the tools needed to be able to provide you with a Single Source Solution that is fully integrated. ADP's Online Employee Self Service, W-2s, Pay,checks, ACH, Debit Cards are always available, 24/7. Unemployment Compensation Mgt, New Hire Reporting, WGPS ( Wage Garnishee's ) , G/L, I-9 and SS Verification, Employee Verification & Background Checks, Split Wrap,Tax Service are all working great and always accurate and on time. I've been partnering with ADP for over 35 years and consider them to be a great asset and a major contributor to my success in the Payroll World.

What do you dislike?

I have very little to say here as their products, solutions and customer service always meet or exceed my expectations. My ask is that they keep up with the competition, and get faster with their technology enhancements. Business moves at such a rapid rate, it feels like ADP sometimes is playing catch up.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework, speak to actual users of the ADP products and make sure they meet all of your requirements. I've sat through many sales presentations from other vendors, and for the most part, they fabricate or use disclaimers in order to persuade your decision making process. Get the most for your money, ROI as soon as you can, with the support to actually build and use your system, that has excellent customer service, not an outside contractor or a web page to send your questions and requests.

To date, here are a few of our current projects: 1)the new bi weekly match for our 401K plan and ADP was able to easily handle the custom report request, to meet all the requirements, as well as our compliance issues. 2) Our company is thankfully growing and ADP is able to scale with us and add on additional companies with easy conversion plans. We now have 6 company codes, in about 40 locations in US, Puerto Rico and Canada. 3) Our business is also in the process of switching 401K administrators, and ADP is able to easily prepare files in and out bound for them.

TYRA R.

"Great Customer Service and Leading Technology"

What do you like best?

ADP Workforce now has streamlined our payroll and human resource functions. ADP strives to keep their clients informed of the many changing laws for payroll by providing excellent support and training resources. The client services team is always eager to assist with any issues you may experience.

What do you dislike?

ADP is such a vast resource of functions, the only downside is that I do not believe we are utilizing the system to its full capability. Almost monthly I learn of a new function and I say to myself "I didn't know ADP could do that!"

ADP has helped my organization streamline the benefits and payroll process which saves our small HR Department loads of time and headache. The reporting capability also makes it easy to access data in a timely manner.

Scott G.

"ADP User Experience"

What do you like best?

The features that really serve our organization the best solely rely on application features and accounting. ADP gives our recruitment team a place to post for open positions and send automated responses that close out applicants, screen them by phone, or invite them for an in-person interview, streamlining our HR team. Additional the accounting elements allow for staff to track their hours, clock in and out, and follow their pay stubs all in one.

What do you dislike?

The core issue we have with ADP revolves around its reporting features. Reports can be made, but there are so many available fields that it's not a clear process for what data you're exporting. As well, it's not possible, from our standpoint, to import into ADP, meaning catching up on data entry so that we can use the reports in a more dynamic way has been next to impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's important to understand the reporting features.

The key business issues that we're solving revolve around accounting services and communication with our team. No need for discussion of sensitive memos, time off requests, or tuition reimbursements --- all our forms are in one easy place.

Nicole P.

"Simplistic!"

What do you like best?

Employees have self service so they can make changes on their own. It saves them time and HR time. I also like the ability to view paystubs on line and on the app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike you cannot approve weekly on the ADP Mobile App. Several of our employees work in the field and it makes life easier for them if they could approve their time card weekly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ADP has a lot to offer. I would utilize the software to the fullest extent to keep everything all in one place! It makes life so much easier for you and your employees.

ADP has saved me days worth of work when it comes to payroll. ADP makes reviewing time cards, easy and they also report to agencies on our behalf.

Erick R.

"ADP, A reliable automation that you and your employer will love."

What do you like best?

The fact that you can change your tax information and plenty of other information about your salary/income from a company or multiple companies that you work for. It even tells you the amount of taxes taken off and everything.

What do you dislike?

I can't really change my username but that's not really too big of an issue. It's also a little difficult to navigate due to small font sizes and the program trying to fit everything together on one screen. Basically, it's not all that intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try to get your company to use ADP. It helps with the HR headaches of payroll and explaining to people their benefits and what not. Every employee is responsible for seeing their payment and benefit information on their ADP account and it simplifies a lot of things.

Basically, it saves a lot of the hassle of actually inputting all direct deposits individually and it allows the employee themselves to set up the direct deposit. It's a big time saver for HR and payroll workers. It also allows for those employees to check their tax forms and their income, their pay stubs, their benefits, their work hours, vacation time, sick leave, etc... It is an all in one information hub for basic income and company benefit questions you may have. I'm not too keen on the HR aspect since I'm only reviewing it as an employee using the ADP system and not an HR manager setting it up but from what I see it's a very good product for at least informing both the HR and the employee on their salary and benefits.

Jeremy H.

"Workforce Now Delivers a Wide Variety of Solutions for Mid-Sized Companies"

What do you like best?

ADP is a huge company that is constantly trying to upgrade and innovate their solutions for their customers.

What do you dislike?

ADP is constantly trying to innovate their product, which can sometimes mean that as soon as you get used to how things work in the program, there's been another enhancement or upgrade and things look or work differently. Usually this is just a visual change, but it can still be off-putting to learn where things are with the new look or layout.

We use WFN for payroll in the United States and also as our global HRIS system. Because we have staff globally, having each of our regions maintain their data locally allows us to get an accurate view into what is going on with our employees all over the world.

Mike M.

"Comprehensive HRIS System"

What do you like best?

Reporting and payroll processing was simple and easy to perform on a biweekly basis. Able to schedule reports to run and then able to retrieve from system by creating custom filters and variables on the dates (current date minus 14 days to pull data changes from the last two weeks)

What do you dislike?

the system lacks the ability to push alerts and reports out on a schedule via email. it would be great to send out birthday and anniversary emails to employees wishing them well on their special days. Additionally, to schedule reports to be automatically emails to recipients on a scheduled basis or alerting individuals/departments (email groups) of changes in the organization such as new hires and terminations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

be sure to take the reporting classes to become familiar with the creation of derived and coded fields. It will help tremendously when creating reports for your finance and accounting departments when reporting both payroll and benefit data.

Multi-state jurisdictions, system consolidation. With moving into multiple states, ADP was able to provide the multi-state jurisdictional access needed to insure employees were paid/taxes correctly. Additionally, the ability to have payroll, demographic data, time off requests all in one system provided additional data to report on for departments within the organization. Employee and manager self service are two great tools that allow businesses to enable workflows and make the employee and manager part of the process. It enables HR to play more of a approval role than administrative.

Scott S.

"Workforce Now makes life easier"

What do you like best?

ADP's Workforce Now product is highly customize-able to meet the needs of clients in many different industries.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see ADP add functionality to allow me to set employee notes and follow-up reminders for pre-configured and ad hoc events and milestones.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is highly customize-able, so take the time to learn all facets of the system so that you can take full advantage of all the functionality available and to use it properly.

ADP saves my employees, managers and HR practitioners loads of time by automating and improving the efficiency of many processes. The area where we have realized the biggest time-savings is with Benefits enrollment/management. By utilizing the tools available in Workforce Now, we have literally cut out hundreds of man-hours from our annual benefit open enrollment process and at least five man-hours for each new hire enrollment.

We have also realized big time-saving and enhanced efficiency by using ADP's recruiting module. It makes the entire hiring process so much more reliable and quicker.

Joshua S.

"The Best HRM"

What do you like best?

I like that ADP WFN has the ability to handle several parts of your business in a very easy user interface so that even the people that are not as technically sound can use the software.

What do you dislike?

The software still has some features that need to be upgraded to make a more efficient system. Plus some of the features that are not as good require you to buy add-ons to be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research about the software and do not make it about money. Make the research about the software you need and may need in the future to accommodate growth. This is a huge investment, so you need to make sure you have the tools you need to do your job. This system can actually replace having an extra HR professional for a while.

The reporting feature is one of the better things about the system. ADP WFN has allowed our business to get better at keeping track of our workforce and being more efficient with our expenses.

Samantha N.

"A little clunky"

What do you like best?

I like some of the graphics ADP provides, including pie charts that show how much of my check went to me, how much to taxes, and how much to my 401k.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use some updating. It feels very old and out of date to me. I also don't like that since we switched systems in the middle of the year, it calculates my annual earnings based off the July date when we switched.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that the interface is not state of the art, and that the information provided is not very well organized. It is pretty simple to use, but it definitely isn't anything special in my opinion. It gets the job done and I guess maybe that's all you can ask for in a payroll system

Tracking earning, payroll, taxes.

Elizabeth G.

"A solid HRIS"

What do you like best?

Prior to implementing WFN, we were working out of spreadsheets and disparate systems, which made tracking employee information difficult and reporting & analytics nearly impossible. WFN has been a big step up. I like having everything in one location, and I also like the level of control employees have over their own information (can use WFN to update deductions, tax withholdings, direct deposit, PTO, etc).

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about WFN is the glitchiness and the lack of responsiveness from the support team. I often encounter what seem like quick fixes, or encounter the same glitch again and again, and do not receive great help from the support team (My Life Advisor). A lot of times I end up escalating the issue to our HRBP to get resolved.

Time savings (probably at least 5 hours of admin time per week have been eliminated by implementing WFN)

Reporting & analytics (WFN makes it easy for me to pull reports on our employees, view different metrics, etc)

Employer brand (we now have a true ATS/online application and Career Center through WFN, which helps us a lot with a more professional look in the recruitment process)

Nicole W.

"Overly complicated"

What do you like best?

I like that it can keep track of my vacation, sick, personal, and short-term disability hours by default.

What do you dislike?

The interface is incredulously painful. After extensive training workshops hosted by my own organization's finance department, even they recommend using the smartphone app over the website since it's so much less intuitive. However, the app itself has its own problems, such as frequent disconnection, failing to register punch-ins and punch-outs, and login issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make the interface more intuitive. Pop-out menus make finding any need near impossible to navigate. We've been using it for months and it's still easy to forget where things are.

This was supposed to be a way to track how many hours employees were working as well as a way to show complete distrust in their employee's ability to clock-in or out from an approved location. As our organization has over 100 different sites but a wide range of variability for any given employee to where they will be, it's largely an inconvenience and doesn't even address it's original purpose of displaying employee hours since many of us work 50 to 60 hour weeks without overtime compensation.

Karen R.

"ADP Workforce Now review"

What do you like best?

The website is very easy to navigate around in. I love the fact that everything regarding benefits is on one page, everything regarding pay detail, deductions, taxes, etc. is on one page and personal information is on one page.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have a hard time finding a response to a question I sent online.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great! Easy to work with.

The ACA compliance is the biggest problem that ADP has solved for us. Sending out the 1094C's and 1095C's is so much easier than if I had to do them all myself. We have over 100 employees, so that would be very time consuming. ADP is also doing them accurately, where I may make errors if I were doing them.

Anamar S.

"Quick and efficient"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the very clean cut experience that I get with this software. It is incredibly easy and straightforward to use for all employees. I also appreciate all of the different features that allow you to look at your hours and weekly pay or access employee handbooks and other resources. Its also great that the system has real time so when you clock in it’s accurate. It’s quite simple overall and that is the best part.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the clock in and clock out buttons are instant. On my first day I clocked in at the wrong time because I was exploring the site and didn’t think that it would just clock me in when I clicked the arrow next to the button. I really wish there was a confirmation pop up or some other measure to prevent those accidents!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say go for it. It is very easy to use. I would just remind employees to make sure that the webpage time matches your start time and also to be careful as to not accidentally clock in.

ADP provides accuracy, information and simplicity. When it comes to clocking in first thing in the morning, we all want a simple experience! This allows us to do it fast so that we can get to work right away. ADP is also providing employees with full reports of their time entries so that we can also keep track.

Megan S.

"ADP is a very good service!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use ADP. The user face is clean and it is very easy for any new user to understand and learn how to use it. Another thing that I like is the ability to work from home.

What do you dislike?

There isn't very much downside to ADP. The only thing that I do not love about ADP is in the app. When logging in, it can be difficult. The print scanner is a very useful integration. However, it does not always work for me which most likely user error.

I would say that the biggest benefit would be the ability to work from home or anywhere. That clocking in is very easy and seamless, especially with the app.

Kelly L.

"Easily keep track of your time"

What do you like best?

I love a lot of things about ADP Workforce Now. It's very easy to record your time. I really love that it will show your W2 at tax filing time. It's also easily integrated when filing taxes online. You input one number and it automatically inputs the rest of your information.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could record your time farther in the future to be able to estimate pay. There are a lot of features which can be overwhelming. But other than that, there isn't much to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would really recommend using ADP. It's easy to use and neatly organizes your information.

ADP helps us easily track time for a lot of employees. It's really easy to use and helps everyone get paid on time.

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now Videos

Learning about ADP Workforce Now?

* We monitor all ADP Workforce Now reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.