Adobe Prelude Reviews & Product Details

What is Adobe Prelude?

Adobe Prelude is an ingest and logging tool for tagging media with metadata for searching, post-production workflows, and footage lifecycle management.

Adobe Prelude Profile Details

Adobe Prelude Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

1-24 of 24 total Adobe Prelude reviews

Adobe Prelude Reviews

1-24 of 24 total Adobe Prelude reviews
Marketing Manager

"Great Organizational Tool from Adobe"

What do you like best?

I like to use Adobe Prelude when working with large size videos because it makes it easier to work with and sort. I like Adobe Prelude also because of its great compatibility with Premiere. I'm able to immediately transfer videos from Prelude to Premiere to begin editing. Prelude not only makes the process easier but much quicker than other tools. I also like Prelude because its platform is user-friendly and streamlined, making it easy to work and make subclips from my videos.

What do you dislike?

I don't find Adobe Prelude necessary for smaller scale videos. I have found that it just adds more time on a smaller project. I also don't like the fact that Prelude can be a little complicated for those users who aren't familiar with the program or who don't take the time to properly use it. It isn't the most user friendly program that I have used and it took me awhile to get the hang of - even after doing my research on how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Adobe Prelude if you work with large scale video / media files as it will help to streamline the process and make the end result better. I definitely recommend Prelude if you currently use Adobe Premiere because of its seamless and instant integration ability.

For our large scale videos, Prelude has made it easy to leave comments and make subclips from our media files. Also, it saves us time because of its instant ability to link to Adobe Premiere - a product that we use for every video that we product in house.

"Usefull Enough"

What do you like best?

The Ingest workspace allows you to review clips before capture and transfer them to your hard disk from the camera, card, or hard disk where the source masters are stored.

You can ingest entire clips, or portions of a clip. You can provide a link to the media, copy it to a different destination, or transcode the media into an entirely different format

What do you dislike?

To ingest a clip, click the small checkbox in the lower right corner of each thumbnail. To ingest a portion of a clip, click inside the image and use the playhead to set the In and the Out as you would in any editing program. I feel this process needs more work and the overall interface can be more intuitive

I usually use Prelude to speed the review, ingest, logging, selection, and export of tapeless media. Specifically, it allows one person to review and capture all footage, build a selects reel, and INSTANTLY export it into Premiere Pro CS6, or Final Cut Pro 7, so that the editor can begin editing immediately.

Technical Editor
Higher Education

"Professional, but not for small-scale videos."

What do you like best?

When there's several scenes and cameras, this is a perfect organizational tool. It's got ways to isolate specific frames within a clip and label each shot. This keeps you from trying to scroll through long clips in Adobe Premiere. Premiere will only import the clips you made in Prelude, leaving behind all of the extra unwanted footage.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, this software is just an added step in the process. For a small-time video maker, there's no need for this extra software. Premiere does just fine. Prelude may even slow you down if you're making something simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider only using it for large-scale productions.

This software solves the trouble in finding specific clips within long shots of video, especially when there are a handful of scenes and cameras. I appreciate how Adobe is working to meet the needs of large-scale productions without bogging down their video editing software, Adobe Premiere.

Analista de recursos financieros

"Research on the adobe prelude application"

What do you like best?

The application has a tool, where you can link the matrix videos of the file to be used, helping not to load the application with heavy files

What do you dislike?

The loss of the markers in the timeline, when you go to the work list, since you can not take more control to the editions or modifications of the video

It is super practical when editing a video that is required in a presentation to clients, either to show products, real estate, finance. The inclusion of audio channels as a backup is a super important tool It even gives you the opportunity to create filters and category for the events in a separate dialog box, where it shows you errors, reminders etc.

Graphic Design Intern
Design

"Prelude streamlines media"

What do you like best?

This application makes it easy to review and organize video footage and then transfer it into premiere. Without this program it would take a lot more time for me to do the same thing in a different application. I like the ability for me to create a rough cut project before I really delve into editing

What do you dislike?

It is an expensive program - and is not sold separately of creative cloud. So if you don't need all of the programs that come with creative cloud, it really isn't worth buying

It gives me the ability to sort through things quickly and organize video to show to others for approval before I delve into a project

UG

"Still new, but so far so good"

What do you like best?

It's great for larger scale projects that require more tools and more power. Haven't really delved into it otherwise, it's sort of a one hit wonder.

What do you dislike?

This software isn't good for smaller short projects, it's a bit clunky and frustrating to try and figure out. I probably spent more time trying to figure out how to implement something small-scale than it would have taken if I just looked up the issue beforehand, but I didn't know. This software is great for productions that need more power and space, but not for smaller ones.

Currently, we're testing this out for a vblog site for faculty, which doesn't seem to be cutting it due to the smaller-scale production we're looking for. Benefits thus far though, include being able to have that accessibly to expand on old projects if they need it.

"Maybe the metadata app missing inside Premiere Pro :)"

What do you like best?

Is a nice, fast and complete way to log metadata for my video projects. And also is almost unique in his "kind".

What do you dislike?

I dont like to use this app outside PremierePro. I mean, like an external app...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is very important for the sort or loggin process, but like i said, is time to include Prelude INSIDE Premiere Pro

The metadata log is the most important phase in my editing job, so is very important.

Customer Service Agent
Hospitality

"Metadata Powerhouse"

What do you like best?

I think my favorite feature in Prelude, is it’s almost seamless integration with Adobe Premier Pro. Allowing several types of raw footage, this makes it a top choice for video editors and producers.

What do you dislike?

While this program has excellent features, it’s license is extremely expensive; as with most Adobe products.

The ability to tag the metadata for easy access when searching in a workflow process, makes this an invaluable asset to any production editor. I’ve yet to come across another program that has the ability to cover as many features as Premier does.

"Works for my needs"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates well into other Adobe software, such as premiere.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve was steeper than I expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use a trial period to see if it's the right fit.

I need to get video from a number of sources and in diverse formats that I need to put together into one reel.

Research Assistant
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"The best tool for logging your media"

What do you like best?

It's quite fun and easy to use Adobe Prelude for tagging your media production with meta-data. It faciliates the post production and speed up your workflow

What do you dislike?

The software is very heavy to run and lags if your computer is not fast enough to process it.

If working in a group, this tool can help you organize the activies each individual done whitin the group.

Owner / Producer / Director / Editor / Consultant /Trainer
Media Production

"Great app for ingesting and logging "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, highly intuitive. Works great with Adobe Premiere

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I loose the metadata.I am not sold on the monthly creative cloud "rental"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Still evaluating, we are not through the final decision. Doing a couple of projects to see if we should switch.

Organizing projects as the footage comes in. If we have "dailies" because of several days of shooting, we can organize the shoots to the script.

Physiotherapy Resident
Hospital & Health Care

"It helps integrate everything very well"

What do you like best?

I like that I can edit all my photos across platforms and save them via a "cloud". I also love that I can save settings to apply for similar photos

What do you dislike?

I hate that I have to pay for a membership. It is fairly pricey and I probably wouldn't use it if work didn't pay for it.

I am able to more easily edit photos

Business Education Teacher
(Myself Only)

"Great product for students and professionals "

What do you like best?

I like that it makes editing easier when using a large amount of media. This is perfect for mass comm majors and anyone interested in digital design and media productions

What do you dislike?

I like everything about the product. No issues and very user friendly.

Able to edit video for television production class that I manage. Students ages 12-15 are able to use the software efficiently.

"There are better programs out there"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with Adobe Premiere and I like that it has a traditional feeling of that user interface

What do you dislike?

It takes so long to update, open and install on my computer with a great graphics card and 16 GB of RAM

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buy it if you have teams

We use it to auto tag videos

Senior GIS/Graphics Manager
Architecture & Planning

"Video Editing Made Easy"

What do you like best?

It’s a very intuitive program. The layout and interface are similar to other Adobe products, making it familiar and easy to work with

What do you dislike?

You can create rough cuts, but you need to use Premiere Pro if you want to edit multiple cuts and splice them together.

None really, just showcasing the possibilities.

(Myself Only)

"My thoughts on Adobe Prelude"

What do you like best?

This software let you tag media with metadata for searching, post-production workflows. What I like the most is that it let you create rough cuts for a quick Premiere Pro editing workflow

What do you dislike?

Its a little hard to learn how to use it properly, and its expensive to afford the Suite Collection. Also the thumbnail hover option is only available during the ingest preview/selection process and not in the project panel itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch some tutorials on Youtube to learn how to work faster.

Currently I am not using it for my business.

UP

"Good for corporate communications teams that behave like newsrooms"

What do you like best?

I think Prelude is great at helping us work as a news team. The ability to tag and transfer project cuts in an organized fashion over to Premiere so we're not cutting IN Premiere is a wonderful time-saver.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to partner with our media agency because the software wasn't able to be used with Avid or Final Cut. Meh.

Faster production and editing. One team member cuts, organizes and tags and moves files over while the other starts putting the videos together.

General Assignment Producer
Broadcast Media

"Adobe Prelude Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to preview any type of file quickly and with ease.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes to generate file previews. Sometimes it takes longer than others.

I'm able to screen all types of footage quickly without immediately importing files into Premiere.

(10,001+ employees)

"Another great addition to the adobe suite"

What do you like best?

Adobe Prelude is a great tool for film makers or people in advertising or even if you work on a lot of video projects. It allows you to organize your video clips

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it isn't cohesive with the other adobe software

Film editing and organization of separate clips

I

"Stunning product that has my recommendation"

What do you like best?

Incredible product with awesome user experience, highly recommended in every way, it's absolutely the best product I've used in this category

What do you dislike?

I literally can't find anything I don't like.

Helped me greatly in tagging media with metadata for searching and footage lifecycle management

UD

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Love everything about Adobe! Super easy to use and there are a ton of tutorials!

What do you dislike?

Some things can be a little difficult to find.

Adding material to my videos is easy! Plus, it works smoothly with Premiere!

C

"Prelude to Prelude"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use and User interface is easy to get used to.

What do you dislike?

Setup of program and importing files can be tricky.

I am able to take work from Premier pro into Prelude and adjust as needed.

C
(10,001+ employees)

"Making content more valuable"

What do you like best?

Adding metadata at the right point in the video

What do you dislike?

Digital workflow could be better.. integration with dam products

Edit and adding metatadata. Transcoding video and tagging metadata at the right video point

"Adobe Prelude"

What do you like best?

the quality of sound and video is great!

What do you dislike?

some features aren't up to date and harder to use

to help with a better visual of cars

Adobe Prelude User Ratings

7.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.8*
* Other Video Category
Do you work for Adobe Prelude?

Adobe Prelude Categories on G2