Do you work for Illustrator?

Adobe Illustrator Reviews & Product Details

Illustrator review by Aaron H.
Graphic Artist
Media Production

"The main tool in my Design career"

What do you like best?

The sheer volume that is capable of this program astounds even me and I've been using this program since 2009. The ability to create, to adjust, to layout, and to even edit. I've used Illustrator for Logos, Adverts, Websites, Motion Graphics, Newsletters, Brochures, Stickers, Buttons, T-Shirts, Posters, Signs (larger and small) and even once- A Hoodie for a Dog. I always recommend Iusing other programs like InDesign and Photoshop in tandem, but my main program is Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

The Live Trace feature needs some work, big time. It needs to be adjusted so when you make more subtle changes, they actually work. It's always a roll of the dice if it works the way that you're hoping for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start slow, find a specific project you want to do and read up on a how-to. YouTube and the internet can be a big help out in a pinch if you get stuck. Just look it up and you'll be an expert in no time.

Logos. In almost in case you can think of; Recreating, Live Tracing, Making from Scratch and Adjusting.

What is Adobe Illustrator?

Vector graphics software used by designers of all types who want to create digital graphics, illustrations, and typography for all kinds of media: print, web, interactive, video, and mobile

Adobe Illustrator Profile Details

Adobe Illustrator Profile Details

Adobe
Description
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.
1982

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

1-50 of 3353 total Illustrator reviews

Adobe Illustrator Reviews

1-50 of 3353 total Illustrator reviews
Illustrator review by Soham S.
Mechanical Engineering Assistant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
(10,001+ employees)
Most Recent Adobe Illustrator Video Review
Illustrator review by Tobi O.
(Myself Only)

"Adobe Illustrator is a Advance Graphic Design tools that let you design just anything you want"

What do you like best?

Adobe illustrator is a powerful software; it gave users the experience that Photoshop isn't offering. Illustrator has a vector-based platform which made it more amazing to use. With the tools like Pen Tool, Shaper Tool, Shapes etc., I have been able to use Adobe Illustrator to create just anything i want, be it Logo design, cards and even cartoon effect of an actual photograph.

Unlike Photoshop, which is raster graphics, illustrators "vector graphics" let users resize their graphic elements without messing up the quality; this is one of my favorite.

With illustrator, I can save my designs to any format that I want, and the beauty of it is I can export my designs to Photoshop and continue my work from there.

What do you dislike?

For someone that is familiar with Photoshop for years, using Illustrator still gave me a tough challenge. It took few weeks to fully understand and use. I can't say the software is easy to use, because I can only imagine how a beginner will cope with learning those tremendous tools. I found myself using How-To videos tutorial to learn some tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need graphic design software that can give you the best vector design, illustrator is highly recommended. I don't think there is any better alternative to AI.

For graphic designers that use other software (especially Photoshop), illustrator is a great software, I really recommend it, it will expand your focus and give you the clean design that you want.

Beginners can use illustrators as well, but learning the tools will be tough, you can Google search tutorials or check How-to videos on YT; however, learning Photoshop first seems to make AI easier.

Adobe Illustrator has been really helpful for me, as a freelance graphic designer, I have used illustrator for various designs like Logos, business cards, banners and some vector designs. With illustrator, i have being able to create clean cartoon effects on images which i had struggled with on Photoshop.

Illustrator review by Solomon C.
Design Consultant

"I can design almost anything that comes to mind with Adobe Illustrator"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator can save files in many different formats, so its versatility is very high. It's also versatile in terms of design tools. I can choose from dozens of tools that allow me to control shapes and curves with tremendous precision. I like that Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphic design application that can generate and resize graphic elements without diminishing the quality of the graphics. This especially comes in handy for large print media.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator is such an advanced tool that beginning users won't really be able to create substantive graphics with. Of course, it all depends on the user, but there are so many tools with specific commands and controls that could months or more to get a comfortable hold of. On top of that, the quality of your generated vector graphics also depends on the user's drawing skills. So Adobe Illustrator isn't really the most user friendly from the start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you consider yourself capable at drawing, then I think you'll ultimately be able to leverage Adobe Illustrator to your benefit. Even if you're not a great artist though, there are many time-saving tools in Illustrator that allow you to generate dynamic effects with just a few clicks.

I have used Adobe Illustrator for years through many different versions and updates and have always found it to be more than capable of giving me the design tools needed to create precise drawing for interior designs and other home-related illustrations. My illustrations have been used for many different business purposes outside of interior design as well. I can use it for sharp text graphics for digital and offline marketing media.

Illustrator review by Emma P.
Operations Manager

"My new favorite program (as of 5 years ago)!"

What do you like best?

Illustrator is hands down my all time favorite program. I grew up with photo editing software, but once I found the beauty of vector-based art manipulation, I switched gears. Illustrator has a crazy amount of power. I know how to get around the program with ease, but even I have more to learn. I love creating images where I could never draw before, being able to fill with color where paths cross (using Live Paint since otherwise you can only fill objects), and being able to convert images to vector based using Image Trace.

What do you dislike?

AI has a steep learning curve. But if you make yourself practice with the pen tool, you can get the hang of creating a vector path quite quickly. I am mostly self taught, so you can definitely learn on the fly. Once I started teaching Illustrator, I learned so many more useful program tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AI is the industry standard for vector design. If your in fashion, home decor, interior design, logo design, or graphic design, you probably already know (or really SHOULD know) Adobe Illustrator. It may be hard to learn, but there are so many resources out there to help you.

In Fashion, Illustrator is essential to know. Drawing flats and croquis are the most typical use of the program, but you can also make graphics and design logos. I recently created a shirt design using AI and even more recently developed my design business' logo. Another handy trick is you can manipulate fonts for custom design using image trace on a text box.

Illustrator review by Jasjeet S.
Graphic Design

"Best out of best Vector graphics software"

What do you like best?

1. Using multiple art-board in single document is what i like the most.

2. You can create print-ready as well as web graphics with ease thanks to Adobe Illustrator.

3. You can customize your work-space.

4. It offers you tool set which allows you to create professional vector graphics with relative ease.

5. It's interface is almost similar to Photoshop.

6. It supports multiple art-boards outputs simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

1. Steep learning curve. It took time and practice to master the illustrator and a professional to teach you.

2. Limited support for raster graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm a graphics designer and using illustrator to create banners, logos, illustrations and vector based work.

I used it on daily basis and it's just perfectly fine.

It has steep learning curve. As a beginner you should work with some professionals or experienced to learn in easy and quick way. They can help you to with tips and tricks to do work in short time.

I give 9.5 out of 10 to Illustrator.

I used it on daily basis and it's just perfectly fine.

Illustrator review by Brooke D.
Media Co-ordinator

"Difficult At First"

What do you like best?

I like that a lot of online files I use come in Illustrator format, allowing me to get access to them. What I do once I open the files is edit out what I do not want and then transfer the file over to photoshop, either as a whole, or layer by layer as I find it easier to work in photoshop.

What do you dislike?

I found Adobe Illustrator difficult to use at first. I had become so used to Adobe Photoshop that then using this program seemed so difficult. They have different functions and it was hard to figure out how to create things and set things up in this program. It would have been nice if a lot of the functions were the same as Photoshop. The more I work with this program the easier it becomes to navigate, yet, I still try to do most of my work in other Adobe programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not yet invested a lot of time into learning this program. I hope to do so soon. I encourage you to take the time to learn this programs capabilities and how to best use it. I hope that as I continue growing familiar with this program I can expand what I am able to do.

Sometimes its best not to reinvent the wheel. There is so much out there when it comes to graphics and promo that when needing something quick I often turn to sites that provide Illustrator files. Though I do not work usually in Illustrator, I do like the benefit of getting these files.

Illustrator review by Richard L.
Freelance Illustrator
Graphic Design
(Myself Only)

"A great Vector based program for all levels"

What do you like best?

I like the interface for the program since it is very alike with photoshop. So if you know photoshop there is some similarities with the program. I love the live trace option especially for inked drawings.

What do you dislike?

That they changed the live trace options so you can not really customize the output so you don't have as much control as you would with the past versions of Illustrator. Its best to keep an older version installed just for that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial out first to see how you feel about the program. Look up tutorials on google if you feel lost, as there are tons of useful resources you can find online paid or free for Adobe Illustrator. Subscribing to the suite is a plus monthly if you use all the adobe products they offer (After Effects, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Photoshop, etc)

Turning clients files into vector format, and allowing them to choose a different DPI input. Also if a client needs a different colorway you can highlight the file and easily reapply different colorways.

Illustrator review by Barry A.
Developer

"I haven't used it that much, but it seems like a great way to work on vector graphics."

What do you like best?

It's easy to make changes to vector graphics. The tools do what you expect them to do. Specific changes include adding vertices to shapes, moving the vertices, and changing the colors of shapes. Instead of hand drawing everything, there are panels that you can use to make minute adjustments to your work. This makes it so that you do not have to be physically capable of art to be an artist.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the art board, because it's different than Photoshop. Part of this is the raster vs vector differences. It changes the dynamic and at times it's confusing. To me, the art board should automatically fit to the shapes you're creating because there's no reason to crop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I don't necessarily feel like Illustrator is an excellent program, I also don't know of a better alternative. For that reason, it seems like the industry standard for vector graphics. I do think it's worth trying other programs, though, as Adobe's Cloud pricing strategy can be an expensive commitment depending on what you use it for.

Editing SVGs, EPS, and AI files. When a designer does a good job setting up a website in Illustrator, it's better than in Photoshop. I really like it for that purpose.

Illustrator review by Genesis M.
FOTÓGRAFA

"The best way to draw and create designs from your computer or tablet."

What do you like best?

It is very useful and practical, in the world of graphic design it is essential to have such a tool. Since it is dynamic and versatile. It fulfills the basic functions and even more. Does not distort the images for the lowest results they have. The images require less space in the disk space, and apart from that it is easier to vector them. It does not lose quality when being scaled or to vary its size, which makes it one of the best options when it comes to design.

What do you dislike?

In general it is very useful, but I would like to work with videos. Since you can only work with images and photos for now. This program does not perform vector calculations to be able to work with real life videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of course ... I would like to recommend this software to all those who work with designs and advertising production .. It is useful, economical and easy to install.

At work I use it frequently since I take care of the design part and the editing. This program I like a lot because it is not so heavy compared to others and also has more tools. The images already taken occupy less space which helps not to saturate my disk .. Which is an incredible advantage since my computer is one of my fundamental tools. It contains countless tools which save me more time and money than others. Very happy with what benefits me at work

Illustrator review by Akshay R.
Web and Graphic Designer

"Best Software For Vectors Graphics"

What do you like best?

The interface of adobe illustrator is so similar to photoshop, so learning the tools of adobe illustrator is very easy. You can create shapes and give them effects easily. It comes with a wide variety of tools, you can create stylish illustrations, logos, banners, cartoons of real photographs, etc. you can also use for web graphics to make your web attractive. You can use multiple artboards for different designs. You can convert any vector format into raster graphics like jpg, png, etc

What do you dislike?

The price of Adobe Illustrator is a little bit high. If you're a beginner, so the monthly subscription of Illustrator is high. It offers limited support to the raster graphics. Adobe Illustrator CC version is not working smoothly on low hardware PC. You have at least 4GB Ram + i3 processor so make sure about hardware requirements when you are using Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is very efficient software for vector graphics. You can use multiple artboards for different designs. You can make visiting cards, logos, banners, web illustrations. The graphics of the Illustrator is based on the mathematical equations instead of stored pixels. If some looking forward to learning vector graphics, Adobe Illustrator is the best software.

Adobe Illustrator is very helpful for business, it gives the wide variety of tools and it works with any computer, we also create web graphics. No resolution issue, because of this our clients are satisfied with us.

We share our designs using the creative cloud

Illustrator review by Nirosh P.
Junior Executive

"Create drawings like never before"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator is used to create digital images such as logos, charts, diagrams and illustrations. With the use of the text tools, it is very convenient to combine text and images together to make the illustrations much more natural and self explanatory. With the available tools, even a complex illustration can be designed with in a very short period of time. And in order to do that, there is no high level skill is required. With the use of online tutorials even a new user can grasp Adobe Illustrator in no time.

What do you dislike?

The toolbars and the overall layout could be made less crowded with the availability of user required tool selection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is the best digital image creator/ editor that you could ever find. I highly recommend it to anybody.

It is very convenient to combine text and images together to make the illustrations much more natural and self explanatory.

Illustrator review by Edith R.
IT Support Specialist

"Lo mejor en diseño de gráficos vectoriales"

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator es un programa muy completo moderno en diseño de gráficos vectoriales que nos ha permitido como empresa crear logotipos, iconos, dibujos e ilustraciones para imprimirlas o publicarlas en la web aumentando la calidad de nuestro trabajo. Podemos ultizar todas las herramientas de dibujo que necesitamos para invertir colores y formas sencillas en gráficos, iconos y logotipos sofisticados. Se trata de un software vectorial por lo que se puede redimensionar para dispositivos móviles o ampliarlas a un mayor tamaño sin perder su nitidez y atractivo. Podemos agregar el nombre de una empresa o marca a un diseño de folleto así como también crear el boceto de una pagina web con excelentes herramientas de texto incluyendo efectos, gestionando los estilos y editando caracteres individuales para crear diseños tipográficos que expresen el mensaje que queremos dar a la perfección. Tiene también herramientas de precisión y rendimiento rápidas y adaptativas haciendo que nos ayuda a enfocarnos mas en el diseño. Ahorramos tiempo modificando textos u objetos repetidos en varias mesas de trabajo a la vez. La barra de herramientas se puede adaptar a nuestras necesidades en el diseño añadiéndo o quitando las que queramos agrupándolas en la forma que mas nos convenga. Nos permite hacer degradados, podemos crea diapositivas que se pueden proyectar y compartir fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Ha sido una gran experiencia que ha superado todas nuestras expectativas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No dejen de unirse a la gran experiencia con adobe Illustrator porque es excelente para el mejoramiento de sus empresas.

Ha aportado grandemente la producción y presentación de nuestra empresa por sus múltiples herramientas logrando que cumplamos nuestros objetivos.

Illustrator review by Joanes Camila - Prof De Fisica .
Prof De Fisica

"Excellent synchronization with the cloud."

What do you like best?

If you work on lots of vector pictures, you are able to scale a lot of the vector points, thus working on vectors is sort of simple with a creative person. The actual fact that your styles are all uploaded onto the cloud implies that I can access the designs on totally different Adobe applications. Typically I fell irritated with the cloud. However, it makes it much more comfortable particularly if I perform at totally different workspaces, and I will have access to that anytime. I conjointly just like the indisputable fact that it's perpetually updated, which suggests the tools solely regain and better.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to adapt to "drawing" and designing graphics with a mouse or touchpad instead of a pencil. However, that may be additional of a user issue than a product problem. The pricing for the Creative Cloud vs purchasing the product outright like we have a tendency to be able to do is pretty annoying although.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are numerous tutorials on youtube and also the Adobe's knowledgebase or the Internet generally. If you make an attempt to work some things out, a fast google search will show you a tutorial that may help you step by step. If you wish to find out quicker ways to doing one thing, numerous tutorials may simplify the process of expediting your style method.

I can design graphics and physical schemes super quick. Moreover, I could ready to modify them super effortless. It implies that if I want to vary a detail or produce slight variations of the identical style it merely is managed.

Illustrator review by Barbara S.
Software Programmer
Program Development
(10,001+ employees)

"Create your websites or your Front End systems!"

What do you like best?

It is one of my favorite programs for the design and creation of websites, basically with all the tools that it offers, it allows you to create and design a website in its fullness and in this way to know where we are going in the project, it also allows you to design the frontal or visual part of a system and therefore make it as dynamic and intuitive as possible, in this way being able to present a previous version to clients in order to achieve better communication. It is a very powerful tool with an infinite number of capacities. It also allows you to work with vector resources which is very positive and very good when developing the advertising material or the indeciplinary content of a company.

What do you dislike?

It is true that the only negative aspect is the price since it is high and that it really is not a simple tool to use, it takes a lot of knowledge to be able to get the most out of it since it has many characteristics that are for professionals in the field, but the truth is that with specific courses we can be very useful for what we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that they look for the way to have an introductory course in order not to be lost when using this tool, but outside of that it is a tool for design and creation by excellent and very difficult to match.

I have managed to present different ideas without the need to develop them all with the intention that the client is enlightened about what they want, it really seems an indispensable tool in the area of programming and design since with it we can achieve the creation of content, and corporate images, really is a tool to which I appeal almost in all my projects so much that makes things easier for me.

Illustrator review by Celeste R.
Analista de Sistemas

"Adobe Ilustrador "

What do you like best?

I like to be a functional software, a vector editor par excellence for the development of logos, easy to learn because of its similarity with Adobe Photoshop because the interface and operability are similar and complement each other. There are many tutorials that allow the understanding of the use of the tools. The decomposition of an image into a vector is great, given that the appropriate use is given to each particle that composes the image in the digital design, through its multiple tools of direct or group selection, shape tools and free drawing, tools to color, erase, rotation, among others.

What do you dislike?

This is not an easy software to learn if it is the first time you use an Adobe product, otherwise it is friendly because the interfaces and functionalities are similar.

Being a self-taught designer, I take time to know the tool, and hours of practice for your domain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This type of tools should be taught in schools and colleges, finally somehow currently touches the manipulation of pdf files and we need a designer if we want to have a company or trade, either physical or online. In addition adobe offers support services through its articles and tutorials via YouTube you can know its functionalities.

The development of my own logo, without the intervention of a graphic designer, bringing as a benefit the savings in contracting costs. The knowledge of a new design tool, which is complemented with Adobe PhotoShop.

Illustrator review by Rosenildes S.
Graphic program for graphic user

"I love using Illustrator"

What do you like best?

When it involves creating a sketch or capture a thought, the standard and productivity may be found with "Illustrator", it's fantastic the number of functions and finishing that I are able to do with all the choices it offers, from filtering filters found in different tools adobe, to form shapes to style that enable you to recreate forms, drawings, logos, models and for a lot of, here you'll bring home the bacon it. It's excellent on behalf of me, I have it on all my devices, and there I will work with all my resources integrated into the cloud.

What do you dislike?

During all this point creative person has notoriously improved its versions that antecedently left you within the middle of a project as a result of its versions stopped, and this was annoying, however currently its auto-save engine which remains within the cloud, could be a purpose in favour that doesn't will be omitted, Adobe knew what all its users vitally needed and has not given them.

We are a corporation with totally different demands among the planning space, and here I've got the privilege of operating with a really virtuoso dynamic team to figure on our comes below an artist, it's essential, it's our weapon to face the challenges of our shoppers and that we accomplish prime quality finishes, his brushes, game of shapes, points of anchors, fountains and panels of colours, represent everything associate creator needs. I've got been operating with an artist for quite a while and will not realize another product that offers me everything I will find in it.

Illustrator review by Amanda R.

"Indespinsable for Designers"

What do you like best?

Newer smart guides have come a long way and save a ton of time when trying to align objects. The snap alignments are especially helpful when using the pen tool and lining up multiple rows and columns quickly. I like the new 2019 additions for puppet warp.

What do you dislike?

I feel like after every update I have massive problems with RAM, especially saving and opening documents. I had to add much more RAM to my already pretty new MAC just to get it to be functional. I work limited hours, so I don't have time to watch a spinning rainbow ball for 5 minutes every time I want to open and save a file. Running the activity monitor shows tons of Adobe daemons running in the background that I think are responsible, I just never know which are necessary and which aren't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For vector work, it's the only software out there to use. The newer features - especially the puppet warp tool - are extremely helpful. It integrates seamlessly with the other Adobe products. For anyone considering using any Adobe CC program, make sure your RAM capacity is up to date and can handle it, because CC programs suck a lot of usability from your computer.

I work mostly on vector design for screen printers. I also do large scale vector design work for vehicle graphics. The ability to select everything in a specific color and change everything at once is the perfect, quick solution I need to set up vellums and screens for printing. Basically Illustrator is the gold standard for anyone working in vector design and needing cross compatibility.

Illustrator review by Sergio P.
Administrador de aula informática.

"Adobe Illustrator."

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de Adobe Illustrator es :

-el programa no es tan pesado como por ejemplo corel draw, ademas de tener mas herramientas,

-las imágenes pueden requerir menor espacio en disco que un mapa de bits, las imágenes formadas por colores planos o degradados sencillos son más faciles de ser vectorizadas. A menor información para crear la imagen, menor será el tamaño del archivo.

-No pierden calidad al ser escaladas.

Los objetos definidos por vectores pueden ser guardados y modificados en el futuro.

-Algunos formatos permiten animación

Ver más en Brainly.lat - https://brainly.lat/tarea/5339171#readmore

What do you dislike?

Lo que más odio de adobe illustrator es:

Precio algo elevado.

Curva de aprendizaje alta, aunque por suerte hay muchos tutoriales.

Los gráficos vectoriales en general no son aptos para codificar fotografías o vídeos tomados en el mundo real.

Los datos que describen el gráfico vectorial deben ser procesados, el computador debe ser suficientemente potente para realizar los cálculos necesarios para formar la imagen final.

Por más que se construya una imagen con gráficos vectoriales su visualización en última instancia tiene que ser traducida a píxeles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es cierto que hace falta mucho tiempo para aprender a manejar este programa, pero las posibilidades son enormes a la hora del diseño de imágenes vectoriales, lo que certifica que erece la pena esa inversión de tiempo de esfuerzo y práctica.

Muy útuil para hacer logos, botones y otros artefactos de la pagina web.

Illustrator review by Ollie N.
Senior Graphic Designer, Senior Project Manager.

"Each sketch has come alive with Illustrator, it's amazing."

What do you like best?

Testing several software, I realized that there is no other tool in design that compares with Adobe Illustrator. It is fascinating to have an adaptable worktable, with various functions to improve and give a professional touch to your designs, you can make any sketch, drawings, reports, web layout, logos, art infinity. The availability of many functions found in other tools of adobe here is present including filters to improve each photo retouching, it is even a novelty to have the availability of auto save your projects and thus not lose your progress if there is any failure or inconvenience with your equipment.

What do you dislike?

During a walk through each version of Adobe Illustrator I found the improvements and the debugging of common errors that existed when you were carrying a project with many editions, layers or imports of images, it froze and stopped working; In its most recent version this does not happen and it operates correctly, it is a pleasure to have these advances and that the Adobe team has resorted to debugging them. Its cost has been a surprise, at first we all agreed that it was very expensive but the truth is that for the performance and the service they provide is a guarantee that covers the cost of their license.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investing in a license will be worth it when you adapt to its entire interface to your desk, many applications take this example as an example that provides a great area to develop and achieve great designs. There is a lot of documentation in special forums of Adobe that can help you to practice for the improvement of the use of the application, there are tutorials, shortcuts and improvements with additional actions that can be integrated into Illustrator.

I have had the opportunity to show great results from a sketch and give an identity to my designs, this is part of the various functions that allow you to achieve spectacular designs with professional finishes. It is a totally intuitive tool adaptable to have access to any additional window or panel, such as cryptograms, color palettes, browsers, layers, stroke editions, gradients, it is a very complete application.

Illustrator review by alexa i.
Marketing team member

"Perfect for making logos"

What do you like best?

"The entire Adobe CC has done an incredible work joining all the Adobe software, so that all the programs offer a smooth compatibility when working with numerous software simultaneously. By having an Adobe Suite account, you can enjoy the many features Adobe Illustrator has. Using those makes it a lot less complicated for all designers to get right of entry to their documents and their color schemes effortlessly.

In comparison with other vector graphics software, Adobe Illustrator is way better, adding so much detail to every design that can be make imagined."

What do you dislike?

Adobe Illustrator, just like Photoshop, Premier Pro and the rest of the Adobe CC products; is difficult to master at first. It has so many options and features that is almost impossible to be able to use them all. This isn't actually something bad, it's just that it might take some time to learn it appropriately. Also, Adobe Illustrator is not allowed to open the same PDF simultaneously, even if you're trying to reach a different page from the same document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe Illustrator is ideal for structuring realistic graphics. Perfect for professional or freelancers working with logos, flyers and diagrams. Nonetheless, I wouldn't recommend using this software for setting an actual project, but for design small details of it.

My company's Marketing department uses Illustrator for all kinds of design works but especially for setting up logos for our sponsors. Illustrator and Photoshop are the two most used software on this department, allowing us to create our representative design work quickly and beautifully for our newspaper.

Illustrator review by chandan k.
chandan kumar keshri

"Illustrator is one of the very powerful software for vector images."

What do you like best?

I use illustrator for my job on a regular basis, and it is unmatched in terms of its capability for creating and editing vector graphics. There are so many features and capabilities within the software, I doubt that I have even scratched the surface of Illustrator's capability.

What do you dislike?

You might encounter some bug while working on Illustrator. It may happen that the software will crash while using it so pay attention to activate the recovery option and to compulsively save your work to avoid the loss of the work done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Those designers and companies that need to improve their designs and the performance of their designers, should have this software as a priority among their next acquisitions, as it happened with me, I'm sure that those who start using the software will discover a new world in design thanks to Adobe Illustrator.

Illustrator review by Kris B.
Computer Support
(5001-10,000 employees)

"A great program to make your projects pop"

What do you like best?

The amazing end result that you get when you finish a project is by far my favorite part of this entire program. The amount of options you have at the tips of your fingers is honestly unlimited and you can make so many amazing images or even cartoon like characters!

What do you dislike?

The only major downside of this program is the fact that usability is a little challenging if you aren't already familiar with other graphics heavy software and have some sort of IT background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest recommendation I have is to not give up, put in the time required to really learn the program and allow yourself to be as creative as possible because what you can do with this program is absolutely limitless. I would urge anyone who wants to start their own website to use it for background images or headers for the website. Do you have your own YouTube channel? This program is also perfect for you as you can cartoonize yourself and create your own avatar or you could build banners and logos for your channel and start really promoting your own brand. But in the end, just DON'T GIVE UP!

We are rebranding our entire college beacause some of the past administration has tarnished the reputation so we are heavily relying on Adobe products to help and Illustrator is one that we are using quite often to get the job done.

Illustrator review by Nastya K.
Графический дизайнер

"Vector editor Adobe Illustrator - Convenient editor"

What do you like best?

Very convenient and functional editor from Adobe. Adobe as always pleased with something new. This program will be easy to learn for people who understand Adobe Photoshop because the interface and functionality are somewhat similar. But I faced one problem ! When you create a field to "draw" the program stops responding ! You may also face this problem. One more thing ! If you have not encountered Adobe Photoshop or programs of this type before, it will be a little difficult for you to master the Adobe Illustrator editor. So here is the outcome ! here is one plus and one minus : Plus : ease of use. Disadvantage : faced with the departure of the program

What do you dislike?

That's my personal problem. The program crashes very often, so you need to constantly make copies of the save.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program. Very easy to learn!

We create logo for our company.

Illustrator review by Angel L.
Designer

"My Adobe Illustrator experience"

What do you like best?

What I like about Adobe Illustrator while it can be intimidating to use at first it is also very easy to learn on how to use it. just as with any other type of task it takes practice to master but it has a vast variety of tutorials and guides on how to use it various tools to their full potential.

What do you dislike?

Currently what I don't like is that the application has been crashing too often. It would be beneficial if Adobe provide some form of explication as to what is causing the problem and a timeline for a fix. And because of this problems it can be frustrating when working on a project which can hinder the work-flow of any user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely Adobe Illustrator is the go to application to create vector art, I would suggest to try other vector art based software as well, and also to take various courses online to be able to learn to use the tools that the software has to offer.

I am currently being able to solve the lack of branding solutions that my clients. it could be a new logo or an illustration that explains and simplifies their vision. Being able to develop a brand from scratch is something I like to do and having the right tools at my disposal can definitely improve my chances of success in my field, and with that my clients can be confident that I have provided my best work possible

Illustrator review by Steve C.
Digital Content Manager

"Terrific for creating infographics, even if you're new to design"

What do you like best?

I had to teach myself Adobe Illustrator after our graphic design person left; it suddenly became my job to build our Architecture Billings Index infographic every month. Though it's not the most intuitive software in the world, I was able to quickly understand the nuts and bolts of how it works and create a great monthly graphic.

What do you dislike?

It is not the easiest software to learn from scratch; anyone familiar with the Adobe suite will get it quickly, but I am a writer by trade so it took me a little to merely find out where all the functions were. This is understandable, though, because it's a powerful tool aimed at those who understand how the Adobe apps all work (and how to design).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a designer by trade, or a content manager who needs to create clean and appetizing PDFs and other graphics for your audience, this is a great place to begin. It might be a little tough to learn at the start, but once you understand how Adobe products work, it'll be a breeze. I have nothing but positive things to say about my interactions with Adobe support staff and the items they produce.

We needed to create a monthly infographic in-house, displaying all the details of how the architecture profession has risen or fallen from a business perspective. This was perfect for that; once we set up a template and I personally understand all the Adobe commands and where everything was hiding, it was easy to update as needed. Our members love it too.

Illustrator review by David R.
Web Developer
Design

"Excellent Tool for Illustration Based Designs"

What do you like best?

It's probably the best application for illustration based designs. I regularly use Illustrator to convert vector images into SVG, and will often edit them to suit my needs.

What do you dislike?

Vector live tracing could be improved. If I have a crystal clear, high quality raster image that needs to be converted to vector, I still get artifacts and jaggy edges. It's gotten way better over time, but still needs a lot of improvement. There's also an issue with SVG exporting, as on some occasions the export will skew lines and add unnecessary anchor points that screw up the design, which will often require me to go back and edit the SVG to attempt a fix. More often than not, it'll revert back to what it initially exported as, adding to the frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for vector based illustrations and conversion to SVG.

Allows us to create vector illustrations as well as convert existing vector images into SVG for web based applications.

Illustrator review by Elizabeth G.
Designer

"Adobe Illustrator is the only vector drawing tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can make any type of vector format logo in Adobe Illustrator. Since I have taken Skillshare courses on how to use the tools in the program properly, I am creating things I would have previously believed difficult or impossible. It is great to know that the designs I am rendering are pixel-perfect and can be safely scaled to any size without fearing a loss of clarity or quality. Last, but not least, the guide in the program are really helpful for checking design dimensions and proportions. I like how the guide can adjust to any coordinates that I set them to quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes Adobe Illustrator becomes overloaded and crashes. I think that is a problem that all Adobe programs have, especially after an update is released, but it seems to be severely more problematic in AI than the other apps. Another thing that I dislike is that converting from Pantone to CMYK to RGB color isn't straightforward. I wish that there was a native tool that did this conversion– The scripts that I've located don't effectively complete this task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that graphic designers use Adobe Illustrator. It is the best tool for making vector logos and similar products just don't have all of the same capabilities or ease of use.

Adobe Illustrator has helped me become a graphic and logo design expert and helps me make my client's vision real. It has also helped me to simplify the proccess of precisely defining the dimensions and proportions of all of my designs.

Illustrator review by Patrikk H.
Keyholder
Media Production
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Confusing, but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Personal favorite feature of Ai is the Image Trace tool. It just works when I need it to, especially with the parameters you can give it. The many many options to making something change, is also very nice. For example, a straight line can be changed to hundreds of different things, with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

I use a lot of Adobe products, and this one is easily my least favorite by far. The UI is jarring at first, but you get used to it. My main gripe with it is all the shortcuts in every other Adobe program are different in Ai for whatever reason. Things don't work 100% of the time and sometimes I have to flat out quit the application. It's frustrating, but does get its job done with Vector based graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with the software because it will definitely pinch a nerve at times.

Logos are very nice to do within Ai, as well as vectorizing other images done NOT with Ai. Some benefits include having the Adobe Creative Cloud files all sync to pretty much anywhere I go whether than be between computers, my phone, iPad, etc. Adobe does know what they are ding 100%

Illustrator review by Hogan B.
System Engineer in Global Security Path

"Sketching and designing with Illustrator is amazing."

What do you like best?

When it comes to making a sketch or capture an idea, the quality and productivity can be found with "Illustrator", it is fantastic the amount of functions and finishing that I can achieve with all the options it offers, from filtering filters found in other tools adobe , to make shapes to taste that allow you to recreate forms, drawings, logos, models and much more, here you can achieve it. It's perfect for me, I just have it on all my devices and there I can work with all my resources integrated into the cloud.

What do you dislike?

During all this time Illustrator has notoriously improved its versions that previously left you in the middle of a project because its versions stopped and this was annoying, but now its auto-save engine and that remains in the cloud, is a point in favor that does not can be put aside, Adobe knew what all its users really required and has not given them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are so many similar applications, we recognize that Illustrator is among the best and for better recognition there are many artists who come to this source for its finished and intuitive interface that allows you to feel comfortable at your desk, you have all the functions within your reach. environment and you can adapt it to your liking, it's worth paying a license with its deployment in the cloud and keeps you up to date with its innovative updates.

We are a company with different demands within the design area and here I have the privilege of working with a very skilled dynamic team to work on our projects under an illustrator, it is essential, it is our weapon to face the challenges of our clients and we achieve high quality finishes , his brushes, game of shapes, points of anchors, fountains and panels of colors, represent everything an artist wants. I have been working with Illustrator for quite some time and could not find another product that gives me everything I can find in it.

Illustrator review by Madeline  B.
Visual Designer Intern

"Great product "

What do you like best?

Adobe illustrator is a versatile design software application that I primarily use to create digital assets and brand elements. The most useful thing about adobe illustrator is the scalability and how I don’t need to mess around with layers.

What do you dislike?

The most irritating thing about adobe illustrator is that when I swim from the text tool to the pen toon or any other tool with key board commands, it instead types a V or whatever that key board command is. Additionally there are many tools I have yet to learn and little time to as well so I wish the usability would be be more intuitive on that end. I also wish that I could export for screens with a transperent background, I might not be doing this correctly or just don’t know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes awhile to understand most of the tools but once you do, you’ll never go back to your previous illustration software.

I’m able to easily and effectively create logos and digital assets for my clients. With adobe illustrator I was able to elivate my skill and style to a more courperate level, making my portfolio more attractive to potential clients.

Illustrator review by Christi B.
Owner/ Web & Graphic Design /Fine Artist
Fine Art

"The Industry Standard for Illustration for a Reason"

What do you like best?

I have been using Adobe Illustrator since Adobe purchased Macromedia and no longer supported Freehand. It is amazing to be able to take a pen stylus and create a piece of artwork on the computer in much the same way I would do so by hand. The fact that Illustrator works seamlessly with the other Adobe products just gives me that much more of a reason to love it.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things to dislike about Illustrator. I guess if it could read my mind, it would be better. ;) But it is so user friendly and helps me accomplish exactly what I need to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so worth it to purchase this software if you are a graphic designer. It is the industry standard. I have used it for nearly 20 years, and I could not imagine using any other software for my graphic design and illustration needs. The fact that it works seamlessly with the other Adobe Creative Suite products is a huge bonus, as well!

This program allows me to freelance and work from home in my web and graphic design business. The ability to layer a drawing and turn them off or on is a great benefit when reworking drawings for clients to keep me from having to completely redo the piece. I love the ability to have different toolbars for different work environments, so that if I am working on a piece of art or a logo or a graphic rendering, I can switch back and forth between the toolbars.

Illustrator review by Rupert C.
Digital Media Assistant

"All the tools I need for vector graphics editing in one package"

What do you like best?

I like that Adobe Illustrator has every tool that I need when I am creating and editing vector graphics in one package, including the pen tool with bezier curves, and an array of filters that can be used on vector graphics.

What do you dislike?

There are so many tools inside Adobe Illustrator, that finding the correct tool can take some time. Some of the tools are hidden underneath each other, and some functions are hidden away in menus and it can take some time to find them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inkscape is also a good piece of software.

I use Adobe Illustrator when I am creating original vector graphics, and when I am editing existing vector graphics. Having all the tools I need for this in one package saves me time, as otherwise I would be importing and exporting files into different software. I find that it works reliably and that the quality is very high.

Illustrator review by Walter T.
Operations Manager

"Adobe Illustrator is a work horse in the field of logo design for clients big and small."

What do you like best?

Adobe Illustrator through all of it's changes over the years still has kept the core pieces of the platform together. The tools are a perfect combination of the need associated with digital design including: Cursor tools for direct or bulk selections, shape tools, free draw tools, coloring tools, erasing tools, rotation tools, and more. Also, Adobe Illustrator allows you to customize your platform appearance to match your own desired styling and also supports switching for left handed use.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there isn't a whole lot to dislike about Adobe Illustrator especially when compared to other platforms with it's dexterity and fluid integrations with other Adobe products. The options for artboard backgrounds is pretty limited to a light grey to a dark grey. There are sometimes visual anomalies when zooming very far out as if the artwork is being designed raster as opposed to vector.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe offers very convenient pricing plans for the subscriptions to this product and also gives free updates along the way and detailed documents about the updates letting you know everything that has changed along the way.

We handle customers from big to small with logo design, poster design, brochure setup, and more!

Illustrator review by Harper J.
Dairy
(5001-10,000 employees)

"The Ideal Helper of a Designer"

What do you like best?

Sincerely Adobe Illustrator is an ideal tool for graphic design, it is very complete work table that is available in addition to that in my opinion has a million points in favor so effective withva that allows you to work with vector resources, thing that not all or very few softwares do it in the way that Illustrator does, besides this is perfect for the creation of advertising material and the layout of websites, it is very good to create resources from scratch or edit resources created . Another particularity that I like very much is that it allows you to save the work table, besides being able to export the files in different formats and all this without losing quality.

What do you dislike?

There really are not things that I do not like about this software, I think it is extremely excellent, and the only thing that can seem really bad to someone is that you need a very good computer to work with the software 100%.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a software that I recommend to anyone who is in the area of design and even in the area of programming is ideal to design in addition to allowing you to keep things before doing them, it is also necessary when developing corporate identities by the ease with which you can work with vectors.

Adobe Illustrator I use it for basically all the design works that I have, because with it I can create from corporate identities, up to the advertising material belonging to them.

Illustrator review by Joe F.