Adobe Captivate Prime LMS

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS

Deliver modern learning experiences with an award-winning Learning Management System from Adobe.

Work for Adobe Captivate Prime LMS?

Learning about Adobe Captivate Prime LMS?

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS Reviews

Ask Adobe Captivate Prime LMS a Question
C

"Great experience and easy to setup"

What do you like best?

The flow and final interaction for the users, also the stability and support. The integration with Adobe Captivate is great and fluid.

What do you dislike?

It´s hard to convince the customer to pay for the platform, always looking for solutions open source as Moodle.

The integration with live session is hard (Adobe Connect) not technical issues, it´s hard to sell two different solutions to the customer, their argument is that it should be included.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review the content, content production, number of licenses to use, easy to setup, cloud based software.

Installation in a self served server, looking to privilege the content over the technical issues. We have seen an improvement over how the users interact with the content, ease to use and the dashboard where they can see their progress.

Also, we are trying to convince the customer to sell their courses to different customers, we are the provider of the content and we have serious doubts of to control the access because they dont have always the same users

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Adobe Captivate Prime LMS
Showing 107 Adobe Captivate Prime LMS reviews
Kristine B.

"Training Volunteers "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use across many platforms. Our volunteers are all over the US (and world) and have many, many personal technology platforms, including some that are older. Most everyone can access the system without issues and when there is a difficulty, Adobe Captivate Prime help staff contact our volunteers individually to get them connected.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful aspect for me is that the reports tend to be fixed. I would like to be able to generate reports that I need by pulling only the fields I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Captivate Prime is extremely user friendly and the Adobe Success Managers make it super quick to set up. What I love about the Success Managers is that they are also learning development professionals and can give feedback on how you plan to implement your training and what might be the best method.

Our volunteers were receiving different levels of training and support depending on where they lived. By creating an online system that is accessible by everyone, we are ensuring that our training is standard across the board. This ensures that the children who participate in our educational experience have equitable expericences no matter where they live. We have more than 14,000 volunteers who have access to our system; 4,000 participated in the 2018/2019 competition season. In 2019/2020, all US-based volunteers will be required to take a child protection course, so we are planning to reach nearly all of our 14,000 volunteers.

Noga S.

"Beautiful system – questionable integration "

What do you like best?

Very attractive graphics and UI flow

Clever inclusion of independent R&R system

Matrixed psychology used in learning style, engagement and reinforcement

I like that reporting includes the differentiation between course completion and course engagement duration spent by the individual. I think that’s important for different reasons (HIPAA annual cert. v management training) and needs to be captured.

What do you dislike?

Back end integration not mentioned which leads me to question whether it is a possibility at all and the cost for such integration and data sharing with additional vendors

Entire system appears to be a closed-end system and not something which is very easily integrated even on the front end it’s mentioned but I have a hard time seeing where it would be integrated other than customization of images and other flat components

I am concerned that potentially employees would find this to be a distraction away from their work assignments. I’m curious to see what kind of reinforcement and regulation might be available to avoid that type of distraction.

Upgrade to typical presentations used for e-learning.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Nohemi R.

"Adobe Captivate Prime"

What do you like best?

This platform is really interesting for learning managers. It has many features that allow an effective learner administration and different ways to manage users (external or internal). You can add users by uploading from a spreadsheet, create groups of learners based on location or business unit, use self enrollment or automate the adding new users. It also supports interactive content like Scorm, AICC, Tincan and regular content like Videos, Pdfs, PPTs, word and excel files.

What do you dislike?

The tools to create courses are very basic so it is recommended to create courses using other tools like Captivate and upload the content. You can also add activities and tests, but they also have to be created using another tool because it only allows you to add an external URL for learners to refer to, or have students submit files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is perfect for learning managers. If you want to create courses from scratch it is better to use another tool first and then use Adobe Captivate to create programs uploading different resources.

This tool helps engaging learners, which is usually very difficult, thanks to these tools:

• A dashboard to get a glance of their courses, overdue or deadlines, recommended learning, calendar and achievements.

• Learners can see valuable skills for their position and find courses that help master those skills.

• Gamification for rewarding desired behaviors. Earn and compare points with their colleagues based on rules that managers set. There are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels and badges for students upon completing a course.

Zubia M.

"Overall, the Adobe Captivate Prime is a great tool for both small businesses and large enterprises. "

What do you like best?

The following are the strengths of the Adobe Captivate Prime system:

 Capabilities for course, training plan and certification management

 Skills focus

 Global content management

 Reporting

 Support and training videos

 Smaller learning curve

 Simple pricing

 Free trial

What do you dislike?

Here are the areas that could need a boost from the Adobe folks:

 Shopping cart integration is needed to sell courses.

 Learner analytics are mostly unformatted, downloadable excel sheets.

 Leaderboards and social homepage widgets need a boost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best product for Adobe Captivate.

Having used the Adobe Captivate course authoring software for the past four years, I had seen through enough trials and triumphs. The headache of uploading the SCORM package to my personal server to share with the client. And the heartache of waiting for their feedback, making changes, deleting the previous version from my server and then uploading the current file. The very memory gives me an aversion!

Enter, a cloud sharing solution, exclusively for Adobe Captivate, aptly named the Adobe Captivate Prime. This learning management system offers a robust option for sharing and version controlling the files uploaded and tested for the client. The “getting started” videos are great for a newbie to learn the ropes and get themselves familiar with the environment. The application is divided into four primary roles: Administrator, Integration Administrator, Author and Learner. Users can toggle back and forth between roles they have been assigned to, with appropriate permissions. All four areas are guided by the much-needed tutorials. We also have the option of a 30-day trial to explore the system.

Janice W.

" An LMS with lots of handy features especially for larger companies"

What do you like best?

Excellent Multi Tenanting configuration for a business GROUP.

Branding a good idea.

Love the email templates and automation within the system.

Programme and Learning Plans with certification levels

Gamification and badges.

Commercially viable product and secure.

Love the booking Virtual class sessions and face to face Lessons with Very good Tracking and accountability built in.

As a registered Adobe user, quality is very high I recommend the integration of Adobe assets with this LMS.

What do you dislike?

Found the course more suitable to commercial application.

It is important to have all your assets ready to start building the course and it would take some planning beforehand. This is not an LMS for lighthearted course development, and I do see this LMS as best suited to an ultra security conscious commercial environment that protects its assets like fort knox! For this reason alone, as a business, I would buy it.

It is a great product as part of a Programme of On-boarding; CPD; and Certified achievements for specific progression in roles at work and also on an Apprenticeship Scheme to manage; track; and record lessons learnt and use it as a tool to book sessions that are recorded for due diligence

Zacchaeus E.

"E-Learning Easy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the interface is to use and how familiar the functions are to other Adobe Products that I have used in the past. I like that you can publish your project for so many different kinds of devices and their custom resolutions.

What do you dislike?

This may be an isolated issue but since I have switched over from the trial version to the Captivate 2019 subscription version I can't seem to put my application onto the Samsung Galaxy Tab A's that utilize the end-product of the Adobe Captivate LMS software for fish identification in one of our aquariums. I talked to customer support yesterday July 16th, 2019, unfortunately, to no avail. The woman I spoke to said she had to speak to a senior support specialist and would send me an email so maybe they are still working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that you brush up on the functionality between Phone Gap and Captivate before you you publish for mobile devices.

We solved one problem by not having to outsource some of our educational media production. We have realized the benefits of being able to customize our own identification displays on the fly when something in the exhibit changes such as a new species being introduced to the collection.

Marcio V.

"Captivate Prime, It will improve and professionalize the learning of your company"

What do you like best?

Captivate Prime has some very interesting points. Something that pleased me a lot is its ability to generate complete reports based on a great diversity of pre-defined parameters chosen by you, something extremely useful.

Another quality that I like very much is its interface, it is clean and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I could not find any major flaws in Captivate Prime, but if I mention something I did not like so much, I'd say its setup procedure, it's a bit time-consuming and thorough.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a medium or large company, and have branches, captivate prime will be useful when it comes to training your company's employees, it can also help clients or partners depending on the area in which your company operates.

With Captivate Prime the learning procedures of the company have gained a professional appearance mainly the videos of teaching. The convenience of employees of different branches of the company spread over several locations can access the contents of online learning facilitates the integration with the company, New company guidelines or update procedures can be passed on to everyone in a practical way in a short time thanks to Captivate prime.

Maxwell D.

"It is a modern LMS with great features, easy to use and reduces course upload and deployment time."

What do you like best?

I find that captivate prime has most of the current market standard features plus more. From features such as setting learning paths for students to others such as reporting, gamification and user tracking etc.

I found the set up easy enough, even as a new admin user and was able to load content within a few minutes. I was especially impressed with the simple interface that reduced the platform learning curve for me and the course set up/deployment time.

I think the option to breakdown a course content upload to three sections (core modules, prework modules, and testout) is a great feature. Although a little more work, this would improve tracking and provide more detailed usage data/student interaction with the modules.

I also liked that it has gamification elements available for use for individual or group learning.

On the pricing module, I like the flexibility to add and remove users on a monthly basis, which is ideal for selling subscription-based courses.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a pricing module targeted at educational institutions as there currently doesn’t seem to be one. It is unfortunate that it seems only targeted at corporate institutions at this point.

Providing corporate and educational institutional e-learning needs requires a robost, responsive and modern platform that is easy to use (by admins and users), responsive for multi-device deployment, provides accurate usage tracking data for content review among others. Adobe Captivate helps meet all these for my training needs

Andrew G.

"A modern LMS with some standout features"

What do you like best?

Easy set up and smart rules

There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up.

Offline Content

ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP.

Publishing from Adobe Captivate

We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time.

Instructor role

One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a little higher than other LMS's.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pricing is a little higher than other LMS's - not sure if the features outweigh the price.

Easy update of user details and assigning to training activities.

Amardeep Singh S.

"Best LMS 2018 Review- Adobe Captivate Prime"

What do you like best?

Adobe Captivate Prime has a strong and tightly integrated course management and user management module. Courses can be easily managed and linked to users, skills, gamifications, tags, workflows, notifications, reports and so on. Adobe Captivate can publish courses to Adobe Captivate Prime easily with just few clicks. Adobe Captivate 2019 which was released in August 2018 also supports immersive learning experiences such as Virtual Reality and 360-degree videos.

What do you dislike?

Offers basic Reporting and analytics. Need stronger reporting module which enables organization to track complex learning indicators.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Captivate Prime can reduce administrative time and cost.

Adobe Captivate Prime enables organizations to fulfill their learning objectives by delivering rich and consistent learning experience and simplifying LMS administration. Admin cockpit is simple, user friendly and enables even a novice LMS Administrator to perform all admin functions effectively.

C

"Amazing tool for online teaching"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I no longer have to have our users to download software or apps for use. This is really important since the majority of what regular users would like is to simply go online and take care of all of their work and their business there, in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

At this point I don't think I have anything that stands out that I would not like. Perhaps the more I use it I can find item that I dont like in the program. I can say that the wide variety of options they provide are amazing and I can see why this is the future for online schools, seminaries, private and public education.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that Adobe would create an online live cast tutorial type of class where people can see and watch someone use Captivate and show the various ways that it can be use and how it is the perfect program that can supply the type of needs that websites and other online platforms won't.

This particular program will be very helpful because he type of clients I use rely on this type of usage that allows the client to have a live and interactive experience. From profit to non-profit I work with several organizations who need this type of service.

C

"Great experience and easy to setup"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

"Great LMS System for Starters! Worth a look!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this is to set up. The tutorial videos and guides within Captivate are great. This makes it easy to get set up and going quickly! It's easy to set up certifications and track skills. The reporting is easy to use too. Overall it's a great starter LMS. If you are in the market for a new LMs, definitely add this to your list of systems to compare.

What do you dislike?

It's not an LXP (Learning Experience Platform) and lacks some of the more modern features of newer systems. It could do with improved social features and gamification, which are on the weaker side here. If you have more advanced needs, you'll need to compare various systems out there to be sure that Captivate Prime will meet your needs. I dislike the fact that I can't tailor the system as much as others I've seen out there like Docebo.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solution but make sure you compare to LXPs to be sure it meets your needs.

We have 22 offices and need our 900+ employees to be able to access training as and when they need to. We also don't have the budget to fly people all over the world when we onboard new starters or enroll managers in leadership training. Captivate Prime allows us to roll out training to offices without a trainer. We've been able to upload all sorts of content from videos of our subject matter experts and business leaders. We haven't finished roll out yet but believe this will be a great system for us.

Benjamin Y.

"Professional LMS but make sure it fits your needs "

What do you like best?

Attractive and intuitive platform.

The all-in-one player dubbed the “Fluidic Player” makes adding content from popular providers simple with all require plugin preinstalled(PDF, PPT, and DOCX files, and xAPI-, SCORM-, and AICC-compliant packages).

Basic gamification with the ability to customize pages and complete for course completion points with co-worker is helpful feature to promote friendly competitiveness in the office.

What do you dislike?

nteractive content for Q & A, quizzes that would allow companies to check for user competency are not built into the product. Interaction from 3rd party products are available, but this is an added step and cost.

Data gathered on users is limited to completion of courses and time spent on courses. This data doesn’t provide companies with knowledge of user proficiency.

Professional experience, easy setup

"Very disappointing"

What do you like best?

The promises of Adobe Captivate Prime LMS

What do you dislike?

The Adobe Captivate Prime at a first sight is easy to use, but when I started adapting it for my purposes it was very unflexible. The sales person told me that it wold fit to my needs, after I did explanied her whatfor I needed it. It was simple not true what she sad. The respective support was awful. It became a very bad experfience.

No single benefit. Just costed me a lot of time and monay, the support did not react accordingly. I had to argue and prove that the system was full of problems for Adobe to release me from the annual contract. I did prove it. The continued charging me with the monthly fee. I hat to contact the sales department many times until they canceld the contract.

Rohit Raj S.

"It's Amazing for LMS"

What do you like best?

I like the GUI specially timeline of captivate, It's much similar and easy as Power Point, I think after using captivate everyone can develop LMS easily.

I also like the recovery feature of captivate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the advanced action, Need to improve the GUI Interface of advanced action and Script window, and also need to add more features in advanced action like copy/paste or import/export the whole action.

the main benefit i realized, I don't need to carry the any presentation for LMS with me.....lol.. I just share a link with my boss and my client.

Nancy B.

"Adobe Captivate - a great tool for creating software demo"

What do you like best?

I use the tool to create virtual walk through of product demos that allow users to "test Drive" without using the actual product.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a lot of clutter to get through and understand how to do something efficiently and correctly - not highly intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of tutorials and free assets you can take advantage of. Do so to learn more and to access free assets within your projects. You can also upload your own media files to embed in your projects which is nice.

using it to create interactive demos - allows users to learn something without using an actual product. The benefits to our sales team is that they don't have to rely on an internet connection to use the finished demo because it runs as a standalone file on their desktop

Ifesinachi Valentine O.

"This is a great LMS, but with a very steep Learning curve"

What do you like best?

The ease of working with it, the points systems makes it easy to plan and target specific area

What do you dislike?

the administration of the app is tedious

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great app but needs a lot of time to learn the system

communication and internal training at the organization has been streamlined with this app

Rakesh S.

"SMS Adobe "

What do you like best?

Very User Friendly we love the ease of use because who has time to learn a completely new program and still stay on top of our daily requirements. with Captivate being so easy to use we were able to keep things moving and not hinder the company at all

What do you dislike?

Color layout is little rough on the eyes after a long period of time. Other than that is is all good experiences from us so far and cannot wait to see if we can really use it here

we are benefiting out clients more efficiently through Captivate, Able to cut our turn around time by almost 33%

AI

"Primally Awesome"

What do you like best?

Adobe Captivate Prime is a great LMS solution at a much lower price than most of its competition. It allows for the swift implementation of learning assets, user and course catalog administration. The UI is both pleasing to Admin roles as well as end-users. Its graphically displayed reports and ability to publish content with or without learning requirements are unique features in the market. The 30-day free trial with full access is a huge plus. I would recommend it to anyone new or seasoned in LMS administration.

What do you dislike?

The default end user landing page is a bit bland, but it only takes a few minutes to add cover images and make it look great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the 30-day free trial which has full admin access.

We use Captivate Prime for a specific population of contractual workers that need access worldwide and across all devices.

Hein G.

"Great LMS for all learning and development specialists"

What do you like best?

I love the analytics that can be gathered about each course, each learner. Tracking engagement and completion is essential to the success of our learning programmes and this makes it quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

I have an Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps package. Captivate and Captivate Prime does not form part of this. I have always wondered why.

My learners are often travelling across the world and this makes it easy for me to track them and manage their learning journey, no matter where they are.

Meghan C.

"Great resource for continued learning"

What do you like best?

I love the whole product. The videos are uploaded and set with review questions so each learning module tests our knowledge and educates us on current issues or updates. I love how everyone is constantly on the same page and up to date with everything going on with our clients and company.

What do you dislike?

The reporting section as a manager is lacking a bit. It is hard to tell who and when learning modules were completed.

We really needed a way to educate our entire Client Success floor with all the updates and things happening in our company. This is a great way to let people learn on their own in their own time and be tested on what was being presented.

User in Management Consulting

"Adobe’s multi-feature learning tool. Need some improvements "

What do you like best?

Most organizations have a small L&D team but they are responsible for the entire orgs learning. Here the roles in the LMS are well defined so it is easy for the Learning manager to switch roles easily. Manager, Admin Author and learner etc.. Mobile learning being available is a good thing.

What do you dislike?

Although courses are available for purchase, per learner cost can be expensive. Mobile app needs improvement.

For the Learning and Development team, Adobe Captivate prime makes it easy to administer training to the employees. If the apps and course pricing is improved, it can be a great choice.

John a.

"Great for E-learning"

What do you like best?

Analytics feature to track students engagement and course completion

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, when you are not used to Adobe, the features take a bit of time to sort out and understand

Distance learning - makes all learners easy to track no matter where they are

Michael W.

"Modern User Interface and Simple UX"

What do you like best?

The tool provides users with a Modern IU and a very simply UX which is essential when utilizing a program such as this.

What do you dislike?

The tool is completely missing a social user experience allowing users to interact with each other which i feel is huge miss for this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software definitely appeals to all experience levels in regards to UX. I believe the software still has a few missing pieces to implement in future version/updates in order to provide the best user experience for a learning environment.

Access learning plans on the go adapting to the increase of use of mobile devices vs computers. Native software available for both IOS and Android.

Learn more about Adobe Captivate Prime LMS

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS Videos

Learning about Adobe Captivate Prime LMS?

* We monitor all Adobe Captivate Prime LMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.