ActiveCampaign Reviews & Product Details

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign's automations allow fine-grained control over customer experience. The interface is very intuitive, and the integrations with other tools and software make this a powerhouse of automation that extends far beyond a basic email marketing tool. As a former Drip user I've been very happy with the options available, finding very few problems in migrating between the platforms. The email template builder is easy to use and makes it easy to produce consistently branded content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ActiveCampaign has an SMS messaging feature, but it's only available in Automations. SMS marketing is a big advantage in 2021, and it's a disappointment not to have it built in for Campaigns or 1-to-1 customer messaging. The features available in Deals are also not a full replacement for a full-featured CRM. The combination of weaknesses means additional expenses and complexity in our software setup. Overall, the addition of sub-par features makes it feel like the software is in a weak point between highly focused single-purpose tools and an all-purpose marketing platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're already familiar with other marketing automation software, ActiveCampaign is a powerful contender and you should be comfortable using it's features. If this is your first experience with marketing automation, consider finding an ActiveCampaign expert to help you make full use of the platform's many features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've used ActiveCampaign's Automations to automate filtering of inbound leads, reducing the amount of CSR capacity needed. From general welcome emails to highly segmented and specific actions for edge cases, we're able to address common questions up front and provide answers when they're most helpful.

Keeping in regular contact with customers is a key driver of repeat revenue opportunities. By creating and sending consistent messages to our customers through Campaigns, we've accessed additional revenue that would have otherwise been lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign Overview

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation (CXA) Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. Pricing starts at $9 a month. ActiveCampaign was built on the idea that an excellent customer experience must go beyond the traditional marketing touchpoints, like email. Delivering a personalized, high-touch experience is easy in the very beginning, but as a business grows— adding channels, additional teams, locations, customer segments, etc.— the complexity of managing relationships is too much, and that personalized connection doesn’t scale (this is why we’ve all received sales emails for products we already own, been asked to review a product we returned, or had disjointed experiences across success reps while trying to resolve a support ticket, etc.) This is why email marketing, marketing automation, service and support tools, and CRMs end up wasting time for organizations instead of supporting their growth. With ActiveCampaign, and the Customer Experience Automation (CXA) category, we are removing the silos between data sources, communication channels, and teams, and helping businesses scale their 1-1 personal customer relationships through connected experiences that span the customer lifecycle. This enables businesses to automate a truly personalized experience that feels authentic, so their customer relationships can scale, no matter how large that business grows. What are some of the things you can do with ActiveCampaign? -Automate personalized experiences across all your customer touchpoints -Track buyer preferences, behavior, and many custom attributes across the entire customer lifecycle for deeper segmentation and more effective outreach -Customize sends based on almost any parameter, so your messages are always targeted for the right audience -Use data from the entire customer lifecycle to choose the best content, send time, and delivery channel for each customer -Create entirely customized campaigns with minimal effort, then improve your send strategy in real time based on customer behaviors -Replicate the 1-1 personal experience for every customer, no matter how big your business gets

ActiveCampaign Details
Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

ActiveCampaign helps growing businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers. Its Saas platform enables businesses to create optimized customer experiences by automating many behind the scenes processes and communicating with their customers across channels with personalized, intelligence-driven messages.

ActiveCampaign is the only Customer Experience Automation solution that lets business connect customer engagement across all channels, and through the entire customer lifecycle. ActiveCampaign closes the gap that exists between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and support and service tools so businesses can create 1-1 personalized experiences that meet customers where they want to engage.

ActiveCampaign
2003
Chicago, IL
@ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign Videos

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ActiveCampaign community
Have you used ActiveCampaign before?

ActiveCampaign Reviews

Showing 6,942 ActiveCampaign reviews
Showing 6,942 reviews
Already have ActiveCampaign?
Director
What do you like best?

Automations and list management features are excellent - best in any class of automation product that I have seen and worth the subscription alone. The training is great, tags are well implemented, and the reporting is awesome. They also manage deliverability nicely, pointing you in the right direction to fix things up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two gaps in the product

1) the email editor - it sucks. It's awful. It never remembers font changes, and you have to test heaps of times to make sure the formatter hasn't changed stuff. It needs to be rewritten.

2) the opportunities/leads module is a great idea but the email management/email integration isn't great for me. It connects at a server level, essentially filing every email from a contact where an email address matches. I don't like that all my email would be going through the service. I'd prefer an Outlook Add-in that would let us choose which email to file against which opportunity

I would replace my current lead/opportunity management platform if (2) was addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On balance, this is a really good product for email marketing automation and worth investigating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email marketing and building a database of subscribers. Nurturing leads. Ultimately increasing sales. Seeing it paying off with warm leads coming in now- but you need to be consistent and focused Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small Business Owner
What do you like best?

I like all the different possible recipe combinations for automations. Some of them are pretty complicated but they allow me to contact them and walk me through it. As a result I have been able to create automations that interact with my customers and give them information about the products they have purchased from me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some communications weren't very clear, in the beginning, so I struggled a bit until I was able to understand how to do things. Now I know how to do things so it isn't an issue anymore. Also, sometimes it took awhile to get an appointment so that I could go to the next step in onboarding. I started paying at the beginning of September 2020 and wasn't actually utilizing the site until October. So it was like one full month of twiddling my thumbs that I paid for, but didn't get the automations set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visitors who abandon cart are sent a reminder email an hour later so that is nice. I also have dozens of automations set up after purchases of certain products, and reminder emails to re-purchase. So far, I can even track samples that I send out, and that is a good way to capture qualified leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder + CEO
What do you like best?

The thing I like best about ActiveCampaign is the suite of services and functions that it offers. It goes beyond just being a platform to send out a email newsletter here and there. It has the technology and tools to target prospective customers, visitors to your website, and qualified traffic. Also, the smart automation features that ActiveCampaign provides really helps me streamline repeatable tasks that otherwise would take up a ton of my time. Finally, ActiveCampaign provides a TON of integrations so I'm able to plug it in to the other services that I'm current using for social media, online learning, contact forms, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing specific that stands out as a dislike. Sometimes the initial set up of automations and integrations can be complicated but not more so than other tools that I've used on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign helps me to do four specific things: send email newsletter, create automation of messages, create messaging tied to my online courses, and track my prospective customer sales cycle. Before ActiveCampaign, I had to use a couple of software solutions to accomplish all this but now it's all housed in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Are you a small business needing big boy software tools? Well, ActiveCampaign is the answer for your team.

We joined the ActiveCampaign family in mid-2020 after working for years to simplify our outreach to prospects and customers via email. We are trying to kill them daily by begging for business but we wanted to be able to add some SME for them on a continuous basis over a period of about 14 months easily. Turns out ActiveCampaign is our solution.

Let me share more...

We use Salesforce for our CRM. We wanted to find something that would integrate to that easily in the marketing platform space. ActiveCampaign checked that box like a champ.

We setup the system, learned about it from the videos, and met with our personal account manager 1:1 for about 90 days as needed.

Result: We have a really cool automated process where we add leads automatically to our Salesforce system via our research of those that we think are likely to do business with us. This in turn will add this lead to our AC system and auto-enroll them to our outbound campaign process. That's it. We click one button and these prospects are learning about our ability over the next year via their opted in permission to hear our great detailed articles that go to them twice per month.

The best part is how the AC system scores their activity and notifies us when we have a compelling reason to reach out and chat. Pretty cool stuff...

If you are a small business needing big biz tools, AC is your play...we also resell AC now, so we beieve in it that much. Try it. Call me if you need help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We don't really have any dislikes. But, if I had my choices, I'd give the admin the ability to control the visibility of features. For example, if I use another CRM, then I'd hide deals features.

One other note, on the contact record, the title field needs to be capable of integration in the Salesforce integration. Today, you have to duplicate the title field to have it work in the integration which means that it shows twice in AC on the contact record page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our problem we have solved with AC is that we have made it easier and a better experience for our readers and followers to learn more about our expertise. We can do this with the click of a button in our system and the rest of it is automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Impulsora de sueños
What do you like best?

ActiveCampaig va mucho más allá que otras herramientas de email marketing.

Después de varios años utilizándola aún sigo encontrando funcionalidades y opciones que me permiten llevar mi estrategia a otro nivel.

He visto alternativas, otros precios... Pero sigo pensando que es la mejor alternativa posible en estos momentos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

La accesibilidad para móviles es bastante limitada, aunque en el fondo es normal, si tienes una automatización con decenas de pasos vas a tener que hacer mucho scroll para ver todas las acciones.

En ocasiones el editor de textos hace un poco lo que le da la gana y tienes que estar trasteando para poner los textos en el tamaño, tipografía y color que tú realmente quieres.

Algunas veces (trabajando desde portátil sin pc) he acabado borrando todo el contenido de un campaña por error, y ni deshacer, ni última versión guardada... Trabajo perdido para siempre. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ni te lo pienses. Pásate a ActiveCampaign lo antes posible. Tu negocio te lo agradecerá. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

He llevado la segmentación a niveles que desconocía y siento que realmente puedo poner gran parte de mis comunicaciones en piloto automático. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Consultant and Advisor
What do you like best?

As a team that helps small businesses grow, we dig deep into the various tools that can be used to save time and help growth. When it comes to CRM and email marketing tools, ActiveCampaign is our tool of choice and the one we most highly recommend. I'm sure a lot of people purchase ActiveCampaign for the amazing email marketing capabilities...but it is so much more. A full-fledged CRM AND its Deals capability let you manage your sales process seamlessly. If you are looking for an easy-to-use tool for your growing small business, you are going to want to add ActiveCampaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that I don't like about this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to streamline your sales and marketing processes into one tool, you'll want to give ActiveCampaign a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use ActiveCampaign for all of our email marketing needs from simple broadcast emails that we send to more elaborate automated nurture campaigns. The integration of landing pages and forms allows us to fully integrate the lead generation process without needed additional tools. And the integration with Gmail allows us to fully engage the CRM so that we are tracking all our communications with clients and prospects in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Business Development
What do you like best?

I like how powerful and fully featured ActiveCampaign is. There are a wide variety of ways we can communicate with customers and use automations and insights to reach them better. I like the UI and the email design tools. For me, as someone who likes "traditional" layouts with lots of options, this is a perfect tool. I have also been incredibly impressed by the support and onboarding teams. Any time I have had a question or needed to learn a feature, they have been there for me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike at this point - three months into using the product. There are drawbacks such as the price (which is fair, but higher than other solutions) and the learning curve to get into the product, but these come with the decision to buy a highly functional solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend definitely taking the time to talk through all of your needs with the sales team. I had a great experience with Griff who laid out the positives and negatives and worked to make sure we had the right solution for us. It is a fully featured tool and it isn't inexpensive, so make sure it fits what you need. I also really enjoyed onboarding and ongoing support with Cooper and now Katie. Use the resources provided, because they're great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a hard time automating our email process with our previous solution, and ActiveCampaign has really helped that. We also didn't have a way to communicate with website visitors, and ActiveCampaign has made that possible. We're also very happy with the email design process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GPM
What do you like best?

The tag system and the automations are surely the strong points that differentiates it from the competitors I have tried before. The product team always works on new features. This way my projects are always up to date. I really appreciate it. It's amazing also for the number of integrations that I can choose from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Maybe sometimes I run into other systems that don't integrate directly and I have to go through Zapier. But in the end, I still reach my goal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend starting with the basic plan and then moving to a higher plan as the business and technology needs grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use ActiveCampaign to acquire contacts from the company website, to track their behavior on the site or on emails and to manage the relationship with each of them through CRM. With ActiveCampaign I have a perfect machine for generating and nurturing contacts, it integrates perfectly with Wordpress and with the other systems and platforms we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The versatility. There is very little that I can't implement with this software. It's a little like a blank canvas for marketing. I can come up with a marketing plan and then feel confident that there is a way to use AC to implement that plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With vast capabilities comes a bit of a learning curve. There is a lot of time spent learning how to use the features, but it ends up being well spent. Also, I think the speed of the interface could be improved. In 2020, it seems a bit archaic to be waiting at all for screens to load when I am on a very fast connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Active campaign to stay in touch with my audience and potential customers without it taking up a lot of my time. As my business grows, I am relying more and more on Active Campaign's automation features and its integration with many of the other software I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Production Manager
What do you like best?

We have been doing email marketing since 2003. Over the years we have migrated from one service to another as technology advances, and have been using ActiveCampaign for a couple years now.

What can I say? I LOVE ActiveCampaign for a lot of reasons. They have awesome support. They have the functionality of ConfusionSoft without the mind-numbing complexity (we were Infusionsoft customers at one point and hated it!). It's super easy to create campaigns, and the robust tagging, targeting, and ability to create advanced automations are features I use constantly.

When we moved to ActiveCampaign I also looked at ConvertKit, but ConvertKit's limitations on setting up email templates was a dealbreaker for me. In ActiveCampaign setting up a robust campaign template is easy.

ActiveCampaign also has a very well-rounded training program with free weekly webinars and some training that is paid. Again, their support is the best I've encountered anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had to sit here and rack my brain to come up with anything I dislike about ActiveCampain. Again, we've been doing email marketing since 2003, so I've seen the good, bad, and ugly. ActiveCampaign is robust and just works. What can I say? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign not only allows us to communicate with our list, but also gives us the ability to create complex automations that enhance product fulfillment and follow up, such as abandoned shopping carts. There are capabilities in ActiveCampaign, like their Deals functionality, I haven't even looked into yet.

The use of tagging and the automation tools in ActiveCampaign have increased our bottom line, and, again, they just work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
What do you like best?

The email templates make it easy to create effective, eye-catching emails to send to my list. I've struggled in the past to do it on my own, but now I don't have to come up with a design. I just apply one of the ActiveCampaign templates, make a few changes to align the design with my brand, and I can easily add my own content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first, I struggled to figure out how to put everything together. ActiveCampaign offers so many features that I felt overwhelmed. But the help feature gave me the answers I needed, and I soon figured out how to do the basics. It is certainly a learning process, however, especially if you haven't used similar applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a solution not only for getting started with my email list but also the ability to grow my business in the future. ActiveCampaign has plenty of features that I don't need yet, but I know I will eventually put them to good use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

We use Active Campaign like a whole business system - from leads and sales to operations and fulfilment. Anyone who is just using Active Campaign as a CRM and autoresponder is really only using 10% of its capabilities. The dashboard and reporting is intuitive and effective. Highly recommend. We're an agency that recommend all our clients use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really hesitate to say 'nothing' because I don't want Active Campaign to put up the price. Part of why it's such an effective package is because it doesn't charge Rolls Royce prices for all the features we're able to get out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend the time getting it set up and think about all the other business systems that can be done with this system. It's so much more than just a CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like I said, it goes beyond automated follow up. We use to manage whole business divisions and have insight into how each of them connect. From the leads and sales in marketing to operations and fulfilment, managing the client's experience with us so that they stay engaged, connected and get the results our business can help them with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.