ActiveCampaign Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

The main driver that brought my team to AC from Pipedrive is the automation capability and various triggers that can be used to start or stop automation. I've worked with other automation platforms in the past, and the feature that I liked the best was the range of triggers that could start, stop, or change automation flows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While you can pretty much do anything you like with regards to automation, there are some basic things that aren't possible pertaining to the CRM side. For example, whenever a lead is marked as lost, I like the feature in Pipedrive that pops up asking for a lost reason before you can mark a lead as lost. You're still able to achieve a version of this using a workaround with automation, but it's just a bit more complicated. Additionally, in the CRM you're not able to attach any images, which was a great part of Pipedrive. That said, their support team is very responsive, and have communicated that they have some of my requests in the works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem we're solving is being able to stay in touch with leads for an extended period of time, without them slipping through the cracks, or without lead managers having to remember what to say and when to say it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign Overview

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation (CXA) Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. Pricing starts at $9 a month. ActiveCampaign was built on the idea that an excellent customer experience must go beyond the traditional marketing touchpoints, like email. Delivering a personalized, high-touch experience is easy in the very beginning, but as a business grows— adding channels, additional teams, locations, customer segments, etc.— the complexity of managing relationships is too much, and that personalized connection doesn’t scale (this is why we’ve all received sales emails for products we already own, been asked to review a product we returned, or had disjointed experiences across success reps while trying to resolve a support ticket, etc.) This is why email marketing, marketing automation, service and support tools, and CRMs end up wasting time for organizations instead of supporting their growth. With ActiveCampaign, and the Customer Experience Automation (CXA) category, we are removing the silos between data sources, communication channels, and teams, and helping businesses scale their 1-1 personal customer relationships through connected experiences that span the customer lifecycle. This enables businesses to automate a truly personalized experience that feels authentic, so their customer relationships can scale, no matter how large that business grows. What are some of the things you can do with ActiveCampaign? -Automate personalized experiences across all your customer touchpoints -Track buyer preferences, behavior, and many custom attributes across the entire customer lifecycle for deeper segmentation and more effective outreach -Customize sends based on almost any parameter, so your messages are always targeted for the right audience -Use data from the entire customer lifecycle to choose the best content, send time, and delivery channel for each customer -Create entirely customized campaigns with minimal effort, then improve your send strategy in real time based on customer behaviors -Replicate the 1-1 personal experience for every customer, no matter how big your business gets

ActiveCampaign Details
Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

ActiveCampaign helps growing businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers. Its Saas platform enables businesses to create optimized customer experiences by automating many behind the scenes processes and communicating with their customers across channels with personalized, intelligence-driven messages.

ActiveCampaign is the only Customer Experience Automation solution that lets business connect customer engagement across all channels, and through the entire customer lifecycle. ActiveCampaign closes the gap that exists between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and support and service tools so businesses can create 1-1 personalized experiences that meet customers where they want to engage.

ActiveCampaign
2003
Chicago, IL
@ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign Videos

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ActiveCampaign community
Have you used ActiveCampaign before?

ActiveCampaign Reviews

Showing 6,931 ActiveCampaign reviews
Showing 6,931 reviews
Already have ActiveCampaign?
Director
What do you like best?

Automations and list management features are excellent - best in any class of automation product that I have seen and worth the subscription alone. The training is great, tags are well implemented, and the reporting is awesome. They also manage deliverability nicely, pointing you in the right direction to fix things up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two gaps in the product

1) the email editor - it sucks. It's awful. It never remembers font changes, and you have to test heaps of times to make sure the formatter hasn't changed stuff. It needs to be rewritten.

2) the opportunities/leads module is a great idea but the email management/email integration isn't great for me. It connects at a server level, essentially filing every email from a contact where an email address matches. I don't like that all my email would be going through the service. I'd prefer an Outlook Add-in that would let us choose which email to file against which opportunity

I would replace my current lead/opportunity management platform if (2) was addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On balance, this is a really good product for email marketing automation and worth investigating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email marketing and building a database of subscribers. Nurturing leads. Ultimately increasing sales. Seeing it paying off with warm leads coming in now- but you need to be consistent and focused Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder + CEO
What do you like best?

The thing I like best about ActiveCampaign is the suite of services and functions that it offers. It goes beyond just being a platform to send out a email newsletter here and there. It has the technology and tools to target prospective customers, visitors to your website, and qualified traffic. Also, the smart automation features that ActiveCampaign provides really helps me streamline repeatable tasks that otherwise would take up a ton of my time. Finally, ActiveCampaign provides a TON of integrations so I'm able to plug it in to the other services that I'm current using for social media, online learning, contact forms, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing specific that stands out as a dislike. Sometimes the initial set up of automations and integrations can be complicated but not more so than other tools that I've used on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign helps me to do four specific things: send email newsletter, create automation of messages, create messaging tied to my online courses, and track my prospective customer sales cycle. Before ActiveCampaign, I had to use a couple of software solutions to accomplish all this but now it's all housed in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Consultant and Advisor
What do you like best?

As a team that helps small businesses grow, we dig deep into the various tools that can be used to save time and help growth. When it comes to CRM and email marketing tools, ActiveCampaign is our tool of choice and the one we most highly recommend. I'm sure a lot of people purchase ActiveCampaign for the amazing email marketing capabilities...but it is so much more. A full-fledged CRM AND its Deals capability let you manage your sales process seamlessly. If you are looking for an easy-to-use tool for your growing small business, you are going to want to add ActiveCampaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that I don't like about this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to streamline your sales and marketing processes into one tool, you'll want to give ActiveCampaign a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use ActiveCampaign for all of our email marketing needs from simple broadcast emails that we send to more elaborate automated nurture campaigns. The integration of landing pages and forms allows us to fully integrate the lead generation process without needed additional tools. And the integration with Gmail allows us to fully engage the CRM so that we are tracking all our communications with clients and prospects in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP of Business Development
What do you like best?

I like how powerful and fully featured ActiveCampaign is. There are a wide variety of ways we can communicate with customers and use automations and insights to reach them better. I like the UI and the email design tools. For me, as someone who likes "traditional" layouts with lots of options, this is a perfect tool. I have also been incredibly impressed by the support and onboarding teams. Any time I have had a question or needed to learn a feature, they have been there for me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike at this point - three months into using the product. There are drawbacks such as the price (which is fair, but higher than other solutions) and the learning curve to get into the product, but these come with the decision to buy a highly functional solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend definitely taking the time to talk through all of your needs with the sales team. I had a great experience with Griff who laid out the positives and negatives and worked to make sure we had the right solution for us. It is a fully featured tool and it isn't inexpensive, so make sure it fits what you need. I also really enjoyed onboarding and ongoing support with Cooper and now Katie. Use the resources provided, because they're great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a hard time automating our email process with our previous solution, and ActiveCampaign has really helped that. We also didn't have a way to communicate with website visitors, and ActiveCampaign has made that possible. We're also very happy with the email design process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GPM
What do you like best?

The tag system and the automations are surely the strong points that differentiates it from the competitors I have tried before. The product team always works on new features. This way my projects are always up to date. I really appreciate it. It's amazing also for the number of integrations that I can choose from. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Maybe sometimes I run into other systems that don't integrate directly and I have to go through Zapier. But in the end, I still reach my goal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend starting with the basic plan and then moving to a higher plan as the business and technology needs grow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use ActiveCampaign to acquire contacts from the company website, to track their behavior on the site or on emails and to manage the relationship with each of them through CRM. With ActiveCampaign I have a perfect machine for generating and nurturing contacts, it integrates perfectly with Wordpress and with the other systems and platforms we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

The versatility. There is very little that I can't implement with this software. It's a little like a blank canvas for marketing. I can come up with a marketing plan and then feel confident that there is a way to use AC to implement that plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With vast capabilities comes a bit of a learning curve. There is a lot of time spent learning how to use the features, but it ends up being well spent. Also, I think the speed of the interface could be improved. In 2020, it seems a bit archaic to be waiting at all for screens to load when I am on a very fast connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Active campaign to stay in touch with my audience and potential customers without it taking up a lot of my time. As my business grows, I am relying more and more on Active Campaign's automation features and its integration with many of the other software I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President, Production Manager
What do you like best?

We have been doing email marketing since 2003. Over the years we have migrated from one service to another as technology advances, and have been using ActiveCampaign for a couple years now.

What can I say? I LOVE ActiveCampaign for a lot of reasons. They have awesome support. They have the functionality of ConfusionSoft without the mind-numbing complexity (we were Infusionsoft customers at one point and hated it!). It's super easy to create campaigns, and the robust tagging, targeting, and ability to create advanced automations are features I use constantly.

When we moved to ActiveCampaign I also looked at ConvertKit, but ConvertKit's limitations on setting up email templates was a dealbreaker for me. In ActiveCampaign setting up a robust campaign template is easy.

ActiveCampaign also has a very well-rounded training program with free weekly webinars and some training that is paid. Again, their support is the best I've encountered anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have had to sit here and rack my brain to come up with anything I dislike about ActiveCampain. Again, we've been doing email marketing since 2003, so I've seen the good, bad, and ugly. ActiveCampaign is robust and just works. What can I say? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign not only allows us to communicate with our list, but also gives us the ability to create complex automations that enhance product fulfillment and follow up, such as abandoned shopping carts. There are capabilities in ActiveCampaign, like their Deals functionality, I haven't even looked into yet.

The use of tagging and the automation tools in ActiveCampaign have increased our bottom line, and, again, they just work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Editor
What do you like best?

The email templates make it easy to create effective, eye-catching emails to send to my list. I've struggled in the past to do it on my own, but now I don't have to come up with a design. I just apply one of the ActiveCampaign templates, make a few changes to align the design with my brand, and I can easily add my own content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At first, I struggled to figure out how to put everything together. ActiveCampaign offers so many features that I felt overwhelmed. But the help feature gave me the answers I needed, and I soon figured out how to do the basics. It is certainly a learning process, however, especially if you haven't used similar applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a solution not only for getting started with my email list but also the ability to grow my business in the future. ActiveCampaign has plenty of features that I don't need yet, but I know I will eventually put them to good use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

We use Active Campaign like a whole business system - from leads and sales to operations and fulfilment. Anyone who is just using Active Campaign as a CRM and autoresponder is really only using 10% of its capabilities. The dashboard and reporting is intuitive and effective. Highly recommend. We're an agency that recommend all our clients use it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really hesitate to say 'nothing' because I don't want Active Campaign to put up the price. Part of why it's such an effective package is because it doesn't charge Rolls Royce prices for all the features we're able to get out of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend the time getting it set up and think about all the other business systems that can be done with this system. It's so much more than just a CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like I said, it goes beyond automated follow up. We use to manage whole business divisions and have insight into how each of them connect. From the leads and sales in marketing to operations and fulfilment, managing the client's experience with us so that they stay engaged, connected and get the results our business can help them with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Copywriter & Web Designer
What do you like best?

The options for Automations! I geek out on this stuff and have tried seven other competitors (yes, really!) between my own business needs and that of my clients and I truly believe ActiveCampaign rises to the top of the pack for customization options that allow for individualization to optimize the experience of my recipients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That some features are restricted by plan type but this doesn't deter me from recommending it to others. The starter level (called Lite) meets all of my current business needs since I have other integrations that work for other tasks within my business (memberships, landing pages, payment of products).

The Pro version is slick, too. I'd recommend it for someone who wants a CRM that integrates nicely with an email marketing system but does not need crazy levels of depth to the information stored. ActiveCampaign feels like it is a serious email marketing system that's added CRM features while others are CRMs that have added some email marketing features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't always receive their email links for their webinars (called Study Halls) although this may be an issue that's more related to my email service provider than ActiveCampaign itself. That being said, their team is always helpful with getting me answers and links if needed.

It doesn't integrate with all systems on the Lite plan, which is a little clunky, although the API works well with anything that's not listed as a native integration.

Overall, there's not much to complain about with ActiveCamapign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

F
What do you like best?

I love that Active Campaign makes it easy to create and send beautiful and/or simple emails and funnels, and manage our database of clients! I'm not a tech pro, and even I'm able to sort it all out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one feature that my little team and I really wish was different is the "Top Contacts" list in Active Campaign... it's not a list! It's a bunch of floating headshots of your top contacts, and there is no way to get a list! Just a bunch of photos you have to scroll over and then record their names and emails yourself. If you want to see your top contacts and top responders you have to set up a whole scoring system, but then you have to wait for up to two months for that to populate... which we didn't do, because we thought the Top Contacts list would make it easier to see the Top Contacts! It's crazy that this is a bunch of photos of our contacts, and we can't actually see the names and data. According to the forums, this has been an issue for years and they still haven't fixed it. How hard can it be to switch from a bunch of photos to a spreadsheet of names and contact info for our Top Contacts? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It takes a little while to get used to, but I find it pretty user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it as our CRM and to send emails to our list. We also use it to set up sales funnels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Active Campaign seamlessly integrates with our WooCommerce store. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports at your fingertips are pretty basic and not customizable--unless you pay for the highest tier account (over $600/month). You can't have reports emailed to you periodically, either.

Also, there is a learning curve when using automations, and when using the customer scoring system.

We don't use the Deals feature as intended because it is designed for use by salespeople. We only use it in tracking customer "journeys."

Finally, it can be pricey depending on the size of your customer base. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We love that this platform helps us connect with customers and automate product-specific contact information. Active Campaign is essential to us for personalizing our e-commerce customer experiences. We also use it to track our customer's journey over time.

Since going to Active Campaign we have been able to simplify delivery of e-commerce virtual products and track customer experiences far more efficiently.

The company has good customer support, though our best experiences were pre-planned. I've scheduled training times with their reps, who are friendly and helpful, and those training slots have been worth while.

Their Study Hall instructional courses are basic, but worth doing if you are new to the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Mentor & Coach, Online Educator
What do you like best?

ActiveCampaign does all the tasks that we need in record time including tracking sales, email campaigns, excellent analytics. It was easy to learn using tutorials and one-on-one onboarding so we were able to transition from our current program to ActiveCampaign with ease. I like being able to manage everything from the dashboard and create the dashboard to suit my individual needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is pricy, so you need to be committed and know your numbers if you're on a budget. I don't like the live chat as I don't feel it is as seamless as some other brands. Perhaps some get more with the site and the landing pages, but when we looked into them, it again seemed like it was trying too hard, I prefer to use it to do what it's really good at which is being a solid CRM. There are so many features that you need to potentially dedicate a full-time person to the task of AC management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking the sales has been really helpful, especially with failed payments using the deals area. It's also great how the builder works for emails because it is WYSIWIG we can make formatting changes with ease. The reporting is really thorough and we can download and analyze the data easily. The lists feature is helpful for managing different contact lists and we love the tagging for really drilling down to who should receive the email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.