ActiveCampaign Reviews & Product Details

What do you like best?

I love the possibilities of automating so many things with my business. I have yet to fully tap into what is available.

The staff has been super helpful and attentive when I have needed help as well.

I was offered an incentive for my review, but my review is honest and unbiased. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I’ve only experienced one minor glitch so far. The staff apologized and dealt with it swiftly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Active Campaign is allowing me to organize everything imaginable regarding my email list which is allowing me to better serve my customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign Overview

What is ActiveCampaign?

ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation (CXA) Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. Pricing starts at $9 a month. ActiveCampaign was built on the idea that an excellent customer experience must go beyond the traditional marketing touchpoints, like email. Delivering a personalized, high-touch experience is easy in the very beginning, but as a business grows— adding channels, additional teams, locations, customer segments, etc.— the complexity of managing relationships is too much, and that personalized connection doesn’t scale (this is why we’ve all received sales emails for products we already own, been asked to review a product we returned, or had disjointed experiences across success reps while trying to resolve a support ticket, etc.) This is why email marketing, marketing automation, service and support tools, and CRMs end up wasting time for organizations instead of supporting their growth. With ActiveCampaign, and the Customer Experience Automation (CXA) category, we are removing the silos between data sources, communication channels, and teams, and helping businesses scale their 1-1 personal customer relationships through connected experiences that span the customer lifecycle. This enables businesses to automate a truly personalized experience that feels authentic, so their customer relationships can scale, no matter how large that business grows. What are some of the things you can do with ActiveCampaign? -Automate personalized experiences across all your customer touchpoints -Track buyer preferences, behavior, and many custom attributes across the entire customer lifecycle for deeper segmentation and more effective outreach -Customize sends based on almost any parameter, so your messages are always targeted for the right audience -Use data from the entire customer lifecycle to choose the best content, send time, and delivery channel for each customer -Create entirely customized campaigns with minimal effort, then improve your send strategy in real time based on customer behaviors -Replicate the 1-1 personal experience for every customer, no matter how big your business gets

ActiveCampaign Details
Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Simplified)

ActiveCampaign helps growing businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers. Its Saas platform enables businesses to create optimized customer experiences by automating many behind the scenes processes and communicating with their customers across channels with personalized, intelligence-driven messages.

ActiveCampaign is the only Customer Experience Automation solution that lets business connect customer engagement across all channels, and through the entire customer lifecycle. ActiveCampaign closes the gap that exists between email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and support and service tools so businesses can create 1-1 personalized experiences that meet customers where they want to engage.

ActiveCampaign
2003
Chicago, IL
@ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign Videos

ActiveCampaign Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ActiveCampaign community
Have you used ActiveCampaign before?

ActiveCampaign Reviews

Showing 6,982 ActiveCampaign reviews
Showing 6,982 reviews
Already have ActiveCampaign?
Owner of Tara Wilken LLC
What do you like best?

The product is pretty easy to use, once you understand how it works. Their customer support has been awesome!

Even though I'm fairly new, I was able to easily create my own templates and set up my own automations. I think some people find it easier to use pre set templates, I found it easier to create my own, but that is my preference and my database background. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For a newer user, sometimes it can be bit overwhelming. That said they do have good tutorials, and I picked them with the expectation of growing my business with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend looking at where you are now and where you want to go with your business. That is how I decided to use Active Campaign. I don't use all of the functions right now, but I know I will utilize more as my company grows. It was important for me to see what they had as my business grows. I Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They are a great email provider. Their tags are so easy to use and create. I didn't realize the benefits of tags until I started using them. It's a simple thing but can often be over looked for someone starting out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head of Growth & Automation
What do you like best?

Active campaign is affordable & easy to use. It saves us on precious time resources & allows us to keep our team small & payroll under control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to pick anything to dislike. One small request would be to allow the specific link in an if/else action step to come from any campaign rather than 1 specific campaign.

Also, the automation page is a little clunky, sometimes it won't allow me to scroll down & view list of automations, it keeps jumping back to the top of the page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate! I love it. Give it a try & see if it can work for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're saving so much time from sending the same communication out at multiple touch points to all our clients. It removes the need for repetitive communication.

It has also allowed us to design a process for after sales service that happens automatically - reengaging & servicing our clients, requesting & tracking referrals.

So it saves time, benefits our clients & impacts our bottom line by bringing in referrals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I really like working with ActiveCampaign. It's the best software for small and big businesses. In fact, it's helped me to become one of the biggest companies in my area. It's really easy and smart at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sincerely, there isn't something that I don"t like about ActiveCampaign. It's really a whole package. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just use it you will not regret it. It's really worth it. Providing more functionality for the cost than any other platform, Active Campaign helps multi-location businesses and agencies build a very large client portfolio, to gain some Leads then transfer them into customers, and drive additional local web traffic. You also have visibility on your statistics. You can calculate your numbers and know your real situation if you are increasing or decreasing; The good thing is that you can use its data without even being an expert. ActiveCampaign is available for businesses from 10 to 10,000 locations and agencies of all sizes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Active Campaign, I've become more organized and classified. I can easily link this software with my sales pages and even other software. Its automation technology allows me to be always up to date and put my customers on top. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

marketing / admin
What do you like best?

The simplicity of the layout & how helpful the customer service team are when we are stuck on how to achieve something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get a little frustrated when creating an email because certain blocks won't go where I want them to. When creating a tag, you need to refresh what you're doing for it to appear. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use their help from the beginning. They set you up with people who can help you face to face (over zoom) and they help set you up to win with their software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Active Campaign is helping by following what our customers are doing. Its very helpful for our shop, seeing how many people converted from reading an email. It helps show what our customers are enjoying reading/what they're not responding to. The conversation section is brilliant for our online shop as it means we can chat to our customers through one piece of software rather than having to flip back to shopify each time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Excellent tool, reduces the headache and simplifies the scheduling and mental cost of reaching out to your clientele.

Great set of features, and has full DKIM/SPF support so no bounced messages.

The flowchart-like style helps you keep things concise over time.

I've never needed to contact support.

There's also a decent suite of youtube videos helping with the use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you fail to set up DKIM, it can look hinky.

The website has loading issues sometimes.

The CRM feature I'm not familiar with. Not as good as Hubspot. So I integrated the two using Zapier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hop on youtube, check some of the videos out.

The main part of activecampaign you'll live in is Automations, despite how the website always pushes you towards the campaign list.

You'll find that internal variables ARE ALL CAPS and variables you make are all lower case.

Variables you make are stored under Campaigns->Manage Variables.

Emails you've recently made will be available when making new ones - when it asks about templates, choose the tab right next to template and you'll see recent emails.

Very useful.

I can't imagine another tool taking it's place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reach out and touch someone - using this for marketing.

I can write up a set of emails to go out in sequence, and I can share that data with my peers for editing and review.

Being able to look at a sequence of emails and make sure all of them conform to a specific "look and feel" is really useful.

Clickfunnel's email stuff sucks, and activecampaign and click funnels can integrate simplifying my job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in ActiveCampaign
Managing Director
What do you like best?

Email delivery rate is on a really good level. It's nice and easy to use and the forms to collect emails (like 'subscribe here') are easily integrated with multiple online solutions or webpages. GUI to build mail funnels is rich in option and doesn't require any IT knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No option to see single recipient response rate or send emails only to people with low/high opening rate. Would also be nice to have option of unsubscribing for next 30 days only. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's nice all-in-one tool. In my opinion they should create a 0$ plan for having under 500 contacts, but what's more important, when you configure it as per your needs, it's enough to log there once a week to create a new email and to review how your recipients are responding. So a big plus that you don't need to spend a lot of time here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating my mailing list according to the entry channel. Creating email campaigns, engaging customers, marketing and selling online products. Having all contacts in one place makes it easier to see which of my actions cause which reaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizational Psychologist
What do you like best?

Lots of things. One of them is the wizard that seamlessly takes me from one step to the next when I create and schedule a new email. Another is the excellent online chat support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was some guidance for how to create an email strategy. I've asked the question of the support people - those folks who will chat with you for a half hour - but haven't been able to get what I want from them.

The other thing is that there doesn't seem to be a way to view the opening habits of everyone on my list simultaneously. If I could do that, then I could see at a glance which email subjects attracted people, and which ones didn't. So far as I know, there's no way to do this. And yes; I've asked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign does what most other autoresponders do, which is to send one email to a number of people simultaneously. But the interface seems to be less complicated than AWeber, MailChimp, MailerLite, or Constant Contact, all of which I've used to a greater or lesser extent.

I think that more emails are delivered to the recipients and on time, too, though I can't be sure of that. My instinct tells me that this is the case because I'm getting more feedback than I used to and, to date, no warning messages from the company. That must mean that things are working as they should. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Automations and list management features are excellent - best in any class of automation product that I have seen and worth the subscription alone. The training is great, tags are well implemented, and the reporting is awesome. They also manage deliverability nicely, pointing you in the right direction to fix things up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Two gaps in the product

1) the email editor - it sucks. It's awful. It never remembers font changes, and you have to test heaps of times to make sure the formatter hasn't changed stuff. It needs to be rewritten.

2) the opportunities/leads module is a great idea but the email management/email integration isn't great for me. It connects at a server level, essentially filing every email from a contact where an email address matches. I don't like that all my email would be going through the service. I'd prefer an Outlook Add-in that would let us choose which email to file against which opportunity

I would replace my current lead/opportunity management platform if (2) was addressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On balance, this is a really good product for email marketing automation and worth investigating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Email marketing and building a database of subscribers. Nurturing leads. Ultimately increasing sales. Seeing it paying off with warm leads coming in now- but you need to be consistent and focused Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Small Business Owner
What do you like best?

I like all the different possible recipe combinations for automations. Some of them are pretty complicated but they allow me to contact them and walk me through it. As a result I have been able to create automations that interact with my customers and give them information about the products they have purchased from me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some communications weren't very clear, in the beginning, so I struggled a bit until I was able to understand how to do things. Now I know how to do things so it isn't an issue anymore. Also, sometimes it took awhile to get an appointment so that I could go to the next step in onboarding. I started paying at the beginning of September 2020 and wasn't actually utilizing the site until October. So it was like one full month of twiddling my thumbs that I paid for, but didn't get the automations set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visitors who abandon cart are sent a reminder email an hour later so that is nice. I also have dozens of automations set up after purchases of certain products, and reminder emails to re-purchase. So far, I can even track samples that I send out, and that is a good way to capture qualified leads. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder + CEO
What do you like best?

The thing I like best about ActiveCampaign is the suite of services and functions that it offers. It goes beyond just being a platform to send out a email newsletter here and there. It has the technology and tools to target prospective customers, visitors to your website, and qualified traffic. Also, the smart automation features that ActiveCampaign provides really helps me streamline repeatable tasks that otherwise would take up a ton of my time. Finally, ActiveCampaign provides a TON of integrations so I'm able to plug it in to the other services that I'm current using for social media, online learning, contact forms, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing specific that stands out as a dislike. Sometimes the initial set up of automations and integrations can be complicated but not more so than other tools that I've used on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ActiveCampaign helps me to do four specific things: send email newsletter, create automation of messages, create messaging tied to my online courses, and track my prospective customer sales cycle. Before ActiveCampaign, I had to use a couple of software solutions to accomplish all this but now it's all housed in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Are you a small business needing big boy software tools? Well, ActiveCampaign is the answer for your team.

We joined the ActiveCampaign family in mid-2020 after working for years to simplify our outreach to prospects and customers via email. We are trying to kill them daily by begging for business but we wanted to be able to add some SME for them on a continuous basis over a period of about 14 months easily. Turns out ActiveCampaign is our solution.

Let me share more...

We use Salesforce for our CRM. We wanted to find something that would integrate to that easily in the marketing platform space. ActiveCampaign checked that box like a champ.

We setup the system, learned about it from the videos, and met with our personal account manager 1:1 for about 90 days as needed.

Result: We have a really cool automated process where we add leads automatically to our Salesforce system via our research of those that we think are likely to do business with us. This in turn will add this lead to our AC system and auto-enroll them to our outbound campaign process. That's it. We click one button and these prospects are learning about our ability over the next year via their opted in permission to hear our great detailed articles that go to them twice per month.

The best part is how the AC system scores their activity and notifies us when we have a compelling reason to reach out and chat. Pretty cool stuff...

If you are a small business needing big biz tools, AC is your play...we also resell AC now, so we beieve in it that much. Try it. Call me if you need help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We don't really have any dislikes. But, if I had my choices, I'd give the admin the ability to control the visibility of features. For example, if I use another CRM, then I'd hide deals features.

One other note, on the contact record, the title field needs to be capable of integration in the Salesforce integration. Today, you have to duplicate the title field to have it work in the integration which means that it shows twice in AC on the contact record page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our problem we have solved with AC is that we have made it easier and a better experience for our readers and followers to learn more about our expertise. We can do this with the click of a button in our system and the rest of it is automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Impulsora de sueños
What do you like best?

ActiveCampaig va mucho más allá que otras herramientas de email marketing.

Después de varios años utilizándola aún sigo encontrando funcionalidades y opciones que me permiten llevar mi estrategia a otro nivel.

He visto alternativas, otros precios... Pero sigo pensando que es la mejor alternativa posible en estos momentos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

La accesibilidad para móviles es bastante limitada, aunque en el fondo es normal, si tienes una automatización con decenas de pasos vas a tener que hacer mucho scroll para ver todas las acciones.

En ocasiones el editor de textos hace un poco lo que le da la gana y tienes que estar trasteando para poner los textos en el tamaño, tipografía y color que tú realmente quieres.

Algunas veces (trabajando desde portátil sin pc) he acabado borrando todo el contenido de un campaña por error, y ni deshacer, ni última versión guardada... Trabajo perdido para siempre. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ni te lo pienses. Pásate a ActiveCampaign lo antes posible. Tu negocio te lo agradecerá. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

He llevado la segmentación a niveles que desconocía y siento que realmente puedo poner gran parte de mis comunicaciones en piloto automático. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Consultant and Advisor
What do you like best?

As a team that helps small businesses grow, we dig deep into the various tools that can be used to save time and help growth. When it comes to CRM and email marketing tools, ActiveCampaign is our tool of choice and the one we most highly recommend. I'm sure a lot of people purchase ActiveCampaign for the amazing email marketing capabilities...but it is so much more. A full-fledged CRM AND its Deals capability let you manage your sales process seamlessly. If you are looking for an easy-to-use tool for your growing small business, you are going to want to add ActiveCampaign. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of anything that I don't like about this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to streamline your sales and marketing processes into one tool, you'll want to give ActiveCampaign a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use ActiveCampaign for all of our email marketing needs from simple broadcast emails that we send to more elaborate automated nurture campaigns. The integration of landing pages and forms allows us to fully integrate the lead generation process without needed additional tools. And the integration with Gmail allows us to fully engage the CRM so that we are tracking all our communications with clients and prospects in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.