Acquisio

Acquisio

3.8

Acquisio is a high-powered performance media solution that enables digital marketers to optimize their search campaigns and report on social, mobile, and display initiatives, all in one easy-to-use dashboard.

Work for Acquisio?

Showing 71 Acquisio reviews
Andrew T.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Acquisio
Arturo R.

"Great for Bid and Budget Management. Bring Your Clients to the Next Level with Acquisio."

What do you like best?

I've used the reporting section and it's good, it self-populates and you can even automate sending.

The Bid and Budget Management feature is very good but it doesn't let you manipulate much. You only sent the percentages of budget for each budget group and then it only lets you set a constraint (a soft cap for the max CPC), and you can make it optimize for clicks (aggressive) or for budget (conservative). You can also do unspent budget rollover.

For those that like to concentrate on campaign and ad quality and want to leave the bidding to AI, this is a great solution. For those that closely monitor their campaigns and want to intervene to set bid adjustments for devices, age ranges, etc., it might become frustrating because this platform is smart and will do all that according to past performance. You don't need to touch any of that with Acquisio. Everything is fully automated by an algorithm.

What do you dislike?

I don't have major complaints about the product. Support is excellent. So whenever I've had a bad experience, I just reach out and it's usually solved in a few hours. Also, when they fix it, they provide great insights to make you more knowledgeable about the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to sales and ask about the doubts you might have. They'll tell you about the potential of Acquisio.

Bid and budget management is my main need and the reason I use Acquisio.

What Cross-Channel Advertising solution do you use?

Michael B.

"Solid Features and Pricing"

What do you like best?

Acquisio has come a long way since it's first launch. Back then, it was limited in many ways until the aquisitions that allowed them better tech. Since then, Rules, BBM, Algorithm updates, and UI updates have made the platform more usable.

What do you dislike?

In some ways, the importing and exporting of campaigns is a pain, and often when dealing with large amounts of data can be incredibly slow and slow updates. Support team is great. Overall the product is solid but is really meant for omnichannel advertisers.Folks who do simply social, or PPC will likely find the cost benefit to be limited compared to those doing omni who can take advantage of all of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test multiple third party platforms and come to your own conclusion.

Mainly campaign automation, and workflow improvements. More time for heavy lifting accounts means more success in general.

Patrick G.

"Well structured digital advertising"

What do you like best?

Structuring marketing campaigns is not always easy, but this software has a simple interface that helps make it easier to launch different campaigns and get updated statistics instantly. Thanks to these updated statistics, you can vary the campaigns according to the detected needs.

What do you dislike?

When you want to create many campaigns at the same time it is somewhat complex to understand the information of all of them well, I think it could be better divided in that sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an effective software to make display advertising, mobile advertising, social media advertising. It has elements to do all of them effectively, so I recommend it.

Acquisio is software that has helped our company to expand even more through digital advertising campaigns in social networks mainly. They are simple to make and have helped to expand our business.

Jennifer D.

"Acquisio is great for PPC agencies that need machine learning and reporting"

What do you like best?

It is one of the only big management tools that has machine learning with intra-day bidding available, and it is the lest costing one of the two that offers it. Plus, it has a reporting suite, that make very visual reports but can still be exported in Excel. It has a great data integration featured, so you can upload other data into the system and use in reports as well. Lastly, account team is great and responsive.

What do you dislike?

With the Web.com acquiring them last year, development has been much slower than it was before to the tool. Social is a little off as well, they had invested in a platform that hasn't been updated so it is behind the times. There are other features that are a bit behind in the tool. However, things like the reporting functionality make up for it for the most part. If they pick-up their innovation again, like where they were over a year ago, they can be a solid partner.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have moved past the acquisition and going back to innovative the product, as long as they continue to do that, it is a great product.

Manual bidding, budgeting and reports. Depending on the number of clients serviced, it can save you at least one FTE or more.

Danielle H.

"Save Time, See Results"

What do you like best?

Being relatively green to the SEM world, the Acquisio team has been INSANELY helpful getting us not only off the ground, but flying high. Love that it handles the day to day of bid management so that we can focus on the creative, and the needs of our clients. Between account management and the support team, we always know just where to turn if we have any trouble, and they are always responsive to our needs.

What do you dislike?

A lack of complete control (as is the case with any tool) can sometimes be frustrating, as well as the inability to provide YOY reporting as nicely as 30 day comparatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial, and see if it works for you.

Acquisio has allowed us to add SEM to our list of services, as we let the tool to do the heavy lifting while we focus on the more creative aspects of the job.

Justin W.

"I enjoy using Acquisio. Seems to work really well for most accounts"

What do you like best?

The budget pacing works very well for what we are doing. I think that for the majority of our campaigns, we don't have to worry about over or under spending.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to force the bids to increase instead of going up in small increments. I also have seen some discrepancies with the rollover feature.

One major complaint that I have is that if you are trying to optimize by demographic, time of day, device type, etc., you are not able to use any bid adjustments because it will mess up the Acquisio BBM algo. These things are pretty important to me to be able to do, but we have to make the sacrifice because the budget and bid management is just a bit more important to us. It would be nice to not have to choose though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is something that can require some close attention. If you have a campaign that is not serving enough, it is pretty challenging to get acquisio to bid high enough to make your cpcs competitive enough.

Time it takes to do budget pacing. Automating this task frees up about 12 hours of my week. It helps me solve some major issues I have with time constraints and I know that as long as my campaigns are in Acquisio, they are at least going to be running steadily while I am unable to oversee them.

Niwrutti S.

"A great tool to design your campaign"

What do you like best?

The best part was the campaign design tool they provide with the best of its features and with best of their services. You can design whatever you want to design and a path to connect your social media channels quickly. Facebook and Instagram marketing is so easy just because of Acquisio. Their demo session is also comes with a good description of all the product details which we want to learn about.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is the main part where I stuck everytime and thought of getting better price ranges for the same. I should be able to customise my package and able to reduce the effective cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great tool to go ahead for social media campaigns and marketing

Here we need to post Facebook campaigns and on instagram also it helps us to be very quick to run campaigns.

Michael R.

"Excellent Platform for PPC Management"

What do you like best?

The friendly atmosphere provided by the account reps at Acquisio (even though I've had to change my contract recently so that I no longer have one); the ease of use of the platform now that BBM has been integrated directly into it; the degree to which the bid management and reporting 'just works.'

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the Acquisio platform. It has been an immense help to me as we have scaled up our PPC accounts both vertically and horizontally.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a bid management solution to optimize your accounts beyond what you are capable of achieving by hand, and need custom reporting and third-party integrations that are easily configured and distributed, Acquisio is worth the time to look into. I recommend them highly based on my experience.

The primary benefit is time. I manage a lot of different aspects of our business and, while I started off optimizing PPC bidding by hand, keyword-by-keyword, as our accounts grew this became untenable. With Acquisio I can manage the accounts effectively, scale up, and not neglect too many other responsibilities.

Diego G.

"Acquisio for digital marketing agencies"

What do you like best?

Acquisio is best when it comes to managing a lot of accounts and ad channels. It helps save time and money, and has an excellent command of budgets and reports. BBM and Acquisio Social are two must have modules. We have always BBM panel open in our computers because it helps to see budget goals at a glance. Besides, this module is bidding all the time which is impossible to be done by a human. Automatic reports are very useful and can be sent monthly, weekly and even daily. Testing facebook/instagram audiences with social module is a very powerful tool that helps identify the best target users.

What do you dislike?

I believe that integration of Social Module has a little room for improvement. The module is great, and of course it needs time to adjust to acquisio reports and BBM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is best to do all the e-learning and keep up with all the new features. To profit from machine learning, I recommend to do small changes regularly and respect CPC or CPA constraints.

Budget management. Reporting. Getting the most out of our customer's ad spend. Testing social audiences.

Calvin S.

"A powerful tool built for agency environments"

What do you like best?

AI-driven budget and bid optimization automation.

What do you dislike?

Moving to ad group-level bid management requires some adjustments in processes and campaign structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the volume of conversion signals that your campaigns receive on a monthly basis. If the volume is high and you have closed-loop signals, such as e-commerce, then Acquisio BBM might not be the best solution for your environment. If signals are rarer and you are optimizing to impression share more so then Acquisio has a strong offering for BBM. Many strong reporting features as well.

Spending PPC budgets well and completely on a monthly basis is challenging in an agency environment. Acquisio has enabled us to elevate our services above the nuts and bolts of PPC budget and bid management to focus on high-level strategy and new opportunities.

Elizabeth G.

"Trapped in a contract, bad performance, bad business practices, and so much more"

What do you like best?

I liked their reporting, it's one of the easiest ones I've used and is reliable. All of my clients liked it. BBM works really well for very basic accounts with a few campaigns. You can basically set and forget.

What do you dislike?

Not really sure where to start - I guess that they advertise Google and Bing data connections but don't let you know there is no Bing Shopping. Not only does their reporting software not connect to Bing Shopping, it can't even bring it in for budget or reporting purposes. I am an eCommerce marketer, I use Bing Shopping for 6 of my clients and there was no work around for reporting. Because of this I tried to cancel, but they refused and I had to retain a lawyer. They refunded my money and now keep charging my card every month. I tried to get them to stop, but they don't ever answer their phone no matter when I call and I've called 3 or 4 times a day on at least 6 different business days. They are an ethical nightmare.

BBM does not work well on shopping campaigns unless you want the same bid on all products in a campaign. For search, it doesn't allow you to make bid adjustments below the campaign level. If you have 500 keywords in a campaign, they will all get the same bid or blanket bids - there is no way to prioritize certain keywords without putting them into their own campaign. For anything beyond simple accounts, this is a nightmare.

Supposedly there is a way to have "budget only" on campaigns, but I was never able to get it implemented. I was also given an Account Manager and told I would have one when I signed up. Once he was fired or quit, he was never replaced. All of their promises and communication are done over the phone, nothing is guaranteed in writing. The Account Manager I had never escalated any of my requests or even remembered anything I asked him, he obviously did not write anything down. Just a bad, very negative experience with a company that costs $899 per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you really give the trial a thorough evaluation, because even if they assure you that you can get out of the contract if it isn't a fit - they will fight you tooth and nail. Get everything from them in writing.

Allows you to manage more accounts with less manual labor. The automation was pretty good, I liked not having to worry about over or under spending.

User in Consumer Services

"Poor product and poor customer service"

What do you like best?

Reporting but that can be accomplished through google data studio for free

What do you dislike?

-Its impossible to get customer service or billing to respond to you. It has now been 3 months with no reply to any inquiries.

-The marketing of the cross is incredibly misleading. We experienced the cross but it was because their testing period tanked our results and once they had enough data to learn our results returned to normal.

-They lock you into a year long contract so you are stuck with the product even after you figure out it doesn't work.

-The budget optimizing tool is very limited and does not optimize for most key items (between days or keywords and many other items).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save your money.

We were hoping for it to help optimize our search spend budget, allocation and reporting but unfortunately ended up being unnecessary spend.

"Acquisio Review"

What do you like best?

I love that we can save audience preferences. This is SO helpful in our agency due to the specific and confidential, as well as touchy nature of the subjects that we deal with.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing too special about this software. They have all kind of begun to run the same, and it is not the highest ranking one by far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out and if it is not for you, its not the end of the world. I guarantee that you will be able to see a difference in your range analytics and who you are able to reach. It is also nice to be able to save past campaigns and reinvent them months down the road!

How many people see and interact with our posts. We used to simply use text and that was all. We have found that being creative with social media has broadened our reach and opened us up to new people.

Andi P.

"Lots of information "

What do you like best?

I like how many different options there are to customize and search for specific results to help the success of our social campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I am still learning but it isn't as user friendly as I had assumed. It wasn't something I was able to just go into and navigate through.

Social media is always challenging but being compare results month by month enables us target the appropriate audiences. I have realized how small changes can impact our results and fine tuning can be all that's really missing.

Agency

"Great In Theory, Less So In Use"

What do you like best?

Acquisio is an interesting platform with a lot of potential IF your campaigns fall into one of these categories: We're just here for the clicks, don't care about conversions, OR you're getting enough conversions for their fickle platform's minimum average requirements. It's a great theory of a platform, but with high end hospitality clients that don't necessarily get daily conversions, this was not the right platform. I can see how it would be great for more retail oriented clients or clients that are just trying to get website traffic.

What do you dislike?

Where do I start? In the initial period before our trial started, we talked to 3 different people, none of which seemed to have any notes from the previous person we spoke to. They need an internal CRM for themselves! One that lets them take notes and share within their team. That burden should not fall on us, the client, with every one of their employees we talk to. Additionally, the platform only allows you to "Optimize for Conversions" IF your campaigns are getting an average of 1 conversion per day. So some campaigns may not work. Most of ours didn't. Their AI, which was supposed to decrease our time spent managing Google, Bing & Facebook ads, ended up taking up more time. We were told that their AI would help us get more clicks at a lower CPC, but what ended up happening was our CTR decreased, our CPC increased, and our CPA increased.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expect to have to tell every person you speak to during the sales process the exact same thing you told the last person! Make sure your campaign groups that you set up are getting at least 1 conversion per day if you're going to try to optimize for conversions. Based on the trial we had with them, they seemed desperate for business and their costs were high.

Steamline and automate PPC campaigns to increase both site traffic and conversions. I wouldn't say this platform did any of what we had hoped it would do.

Agency

"Professional Reporting Tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using the tool to customize our agency reports month over month. I can add or take away metrics to focus the message on what i feel our clients need to see. The graphics and colors are bold and professional.

What do you dislike?

I’m not a big fan of the automation. After having managed some of these campaigns for 10+ years, the automated bidding system has not proven to beat my manual performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch demos — see if it fits with your business model and daily workflow. There is no offline tool, so bear that in mind. See sample reports — your clients and management will love them!

I am able to address concerns before they grow out of control and waste money. I like how I can slice the data various ways, across platforms to aid me in identifying best and worst performers.

David M.

"An awesome company focused on customer service, scalability, automation, and superior results"

What do you like best?

Acquisio does so many things to deserve praise. But where they excel above all others is in customer service. Everyone, and I mean everyone, from Client Service representative to the developers to the CEO, demonstrates that they value the relationship with their customers above all else. And that feels awesome.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't have Acquisio to myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you work with Acquisio, you work with a company who is on our side and who will help you to grow and scale your business.

Automation is critical to our business. Acquisio is the perfect (and only) partner to help us automate our online marketing. BBM handles our bid and budget management. Dynamic Campaigns run our paid search. Social Management runs our Facebook ads. By automating these processes, we've seen huge increases in profitability.

Julian W.

"Lost clients, poor performance, stuck in a contract they won't let us out from...."

What do you like best?

Our account manager is understanding, that's about it.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work as promised. Poorly performing accounts...errors in the accounts that cost us a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If using it to manage your bids, then look elsewhere. It sets all bids the same under a campaign, not at the keyword level as told initially. Bad performing accounts and errors have cost us two clients. Acquisio will only let us buy out of the contract by paying 70% of the contract value. They don't care about small businesses.

Created more problems! Losing money...

AM
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Acquisio"

What do you like best?

The thing I liked best was being able to A/B test for every part of an ad. They made it very easy to set up the ad. You could test out the ad copy, graphic, headline, and CTA.

What do you dislike?

The thing I disliked about Acquisio was how hard it was to navigate. I had a really hard time trying to figure out how to make changes to an ad especially updating the custom targeting. The chat support was no help and their "help" section didn't help at all. Not to mention it took a while to get an answer from support. Also, I liked how easy it was to A/B test but it creates so many ad sets that it is hard to keep track.

I was hoping by using this software I would be able to A/B test to try to lower my CPC. My CPC ended up being higher than usual.

EC
Executive Sponsor in Consumer Services

"Acquisio PPC Management Tool"

What do you like best?

The Reporting feature is excellent for a franchise system. We have one PPC strategy and hundreds of accounts. We were able to build a simple report which could be updated with all KPIs each month and connect to Salesforce to attribute revenue per sale.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't make alot of sense for my team to use the Bulk Management features of the tool because Google is more advanced and it is more important for my team to be Google specialists than Acquisio specialists. We do not use teh full features of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a simple PPC reporting need for a high volume of accounts, it is a great tool for that purpose.

Franchise System needs for reporting on PPC. Ability to show results from hundreds of PPC accounts and automate reporting,

Zack G.

"Absolutely love this product"

What do you like best?

This tool is by far the most useful and efficient use of reporting I have used. Acquisio makes it so easy to pull in campaign data into one collective place and easily display my client's performance.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the lack of customization. It is fine for the most part, being able to change colors and stuff, but for the most part you have to use what they give you, which is still fine.

Gathering metrics from advertising campaigns and showing them in one report for clients to view.

Mike P.

"Finally a reporting solution for mid-sized agencies running multiple PPC campaigns!"

What do you like best?

The reporting is the perfect solution for our team. We handle numerous PPC campaigns and we're able to utilize their reporting to showcase the metrics to our clients in a clean and professional way (and white labeling!). The reports are also very easy to use and once a template is saved, it's there every month.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are data discrepancies to work out. We usually have to conduct a sync every month before reporting as the data tends to not match up with what we see in the actual platforms (AdWords, Bing, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend working very closely with the setup team at first. I think the platform seems so easy to use that it's almost difficult to not want to take the reigns immediately, however it helps to ensure all things are set up properly from the beginning.

We're able to simplify the reporting for our clients every single month! Tis has helped us solve the issue of having a smaller team, but still have the time to manage multiple clients. We save time each month on reporting.

Jillyn J.

"Great Tool for Paid Search Budget Control and Trend Analysis"

What do you like best?

As an agency, I like having my accounts in one place. Acquisio offers an easy-to-act upon dashboard.

What do you dislike?

We haven't found the bid management tool to outperform what we can do manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely try this tool before other costly ones. We have only scratched the surface of its true potential for usability. I

I am able to report true CPLs for each product (or service) line individually as their margins and costs will differ. This helps the clients to know where they can confidently use their marketing dollars to grow each line of business.

Jean S.

"A great tool for achieve a best return to investment for Ads campaigns"

What do you like best?

The principal thing that we like in Acquisio is a capacity optimize Ads campaigns of our clients achieving small values for clicks and conversions.

Other feature that we like is a report tool. With this we create reports to update clients with campaings evolutions, and reports to internal team analise and correct or optimize campaings.

What do you dislike?

i don't had problems or things that I disliked in use of Acquisio.

We use to optimize Ads campaigns and create reports to clients.

With Acquisio we achieve great performance in PPC adWords campaigns.

Learn more about Acquisio

Acquisio Videos

Learning about Acquisio?

* We monitor all Acquisio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.