Accelevents Mobile Auctions

4.9

Text-message based silent auctions and raffles

Work for Accelevents Mobile Auctions?

Learning about Accelevents?

Accelevents Mobile Auctions Reviews

Ask Accelevents a Question
Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
Showing 16 Accelevents reviews
Accelevents review by Adam A.
Adam A.

"Hands Down the Best!"

What do you like best?

We put on an annual black tie for over 300 guests. About five years ago we decided to go mobile with our silent auction and researched every provider available. Accelevents was hands down the most competitively priced but after our first year, it was clear to us that more importantly, their platform is the best out there! We’ve been using Accelevents loyally since day one, and couldn’t be happier with the service, pricing, and most importantly the product, which our guests also love!

What do you dislike?

We are satisfied with the platform and the ease of use!

The price point is what initially drew us to the platform, but the quality of the product, ease of use, and the support is the reason we have been using them for six plus years.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Accelevents Mobile Auctions

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The non-profit organization where I work has used AccelEvents for a variety of events and purposes, including silent auctions, drawings, and text-to-give for small and large events. The most absolutely consistent factor has been the customer service - they are awesome! They are always quick to reply and generally are able to help me find an easy solution. In terms of the program, it is easy to use and we have had interns and volunteers trained and using the program within minutes at our events. The look is clean and smooth, and the back-end interface is relatively intuitive and straight-forward. The cost is also perfect, especially for a small non-profit with a limited budget, as the low flat fee allows us to know our costs up-front and keep the majority of what we raise to put toward our mission. We've tried a few other programs but you cannot beat the value for this product.

What do you dislike?

Limited customization options and layout designs

The low, flat cost allows us to plan for expenses and keep the majority of what we raise. The front- and back-end experience is clean and user-friendly, and we have been able to track event donations and run auctions and drawings (raffles) with significantly better accuracy than our prior methods.

What Auction solution do you use?

Accelevents review by Alexandra G.
Alexandra G.

"Awesome & Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

AccelEvents was great. I used the system for the second year in a row. Our organization is relatively small – not a lot of funds or man power. We had a Silent Auction had about 20 items and lasted 1 week, ending at our big fundraiser. For our purposes, AccelEvents was perfect.

We were looking for a system that through which bidders could bid on their phones without having to leave their seats, and be notified when they were outbid. Also crucial to our search was affordability, ease of use to us and the bidders, and all-in-one check outs.

AccelEvents has it all. The cost can’t be beat - $99 start up + $1 per bidder was the most reasonable I found while researching. It is easy to use. I was able to get all our auction items listed and the auction up and running in less than a day. Plus, you can edit and add items after the auction is live. At our big event, it easy for even the newest mobile bidders to understand. It was perfectly manageable for our staff to use throughout the process, and I was glad to find that the system could be newly integrated with Square, as opposed to Stripe. It made things a lot easier this year!

What do you dislike?

The homepage set up was less than ideal - some of the graphics didn't fit as expected, and I would have preferred to have a header image without text overlaid. And – note that all auction item images should be 600x600, as they automatically shrink to that size on the individual item pages.

AccelEvents gave use the ability to hold a Silent Auction efficiently and successfully!

Accelevents review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Well priced and easy to use"

What do you like best?

We chose Accelevents for its very reasonable price, lack of subscription fee or user fee and easy interface. Without the ability to spend a lot of time and staff to the auction, we set up the system and raised more money with Accelevents than with our in-person gala auction. Setup was easy (the new interface launched this Fall is even easier!). User interface is clean and did not require many questions from our users. Closing out and putting donors and bidders in contact was a cinch thanks to the automated notifications from the system.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I am sure that a larger organization with creative staff might want to customize the user interface (custom colors etc...) but for us, it was clean and straightforward.

moving an in-person (time and staff consuming and costly) auction to online, leveraging our entire membership and readers rather than just those coming to the gala allowed us to raise more money for the cause.

Accelevents review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Great & Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and awesome support! Any questions I had during the set up process or while my event was going on, I received a quick response from the support team. This is a one stop shop for your next fundraiser. Loved that I could easily share on all my social media platforms to get the word out! Attendees to my event were able to pay via their phone and do all their bidding. I had a silent auction going on during a Charity Basketball game and they were able to see the products and go online without any issues to bid and pay at the end of the event!

What do you dislike?

I did not have any issues when I used Accelevents! I was very happy with the customer service.

This took my fundraising to the next step. I was able to use promote my items in my silent auction and raffle to people who were not able to attend my event. I had a winner from out of state!

Accelevents review by Susan C.
Susan C.

"Perfect Partner for Our Event"

What do you like best?

The easy to use platform and the customer service

What do you dislike?

I was truly happy with everything. What I dislike is this particular g2crowd review platform. It's a pain in the ass and if you guys were not so wonderful I would have bailed. It's wayyyyyyy toooo long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was fantastic.

Boston Cancer Support hosted a fantastic event that exceeded our expectations. Accelevents was the perfect partner to host our silent auction. No more hovering around an item, giving rival bidders awkward looks! The smartphone app was the perfect solution. In fact, the event was being hosted in Boston, and one of the auction winners was actually on vacation in Vietnam! Talk about leveling the playing field for a silent auction! My last comment was that the customer service was beyond what I could have hoped for. I'd send a question and get a response within 5 minutes no matter what day of the week or time of night. Do these people EVER SLEEP?? Thank you Accelevents. We will look forward to working with you again! -Susan Chaityn Lebovits, Executive Director, Boston Cancer Support.

Accelevents review by Wanda T.
Wanda T.

"Small non-profit had big returns using this Silent Auction program"

What do you like best?

The only work involved is uploading pictures and writing descriptions. They even format those in a printable version. Silent auction ending is usually CHAOS. Not with this. People pay; you see they paid and give them their item.

What do you dislike?

Had to really think to find something I disliked and all I could come up with is the "Metro" look/font. Very difficult to see when projected on a screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very low cost solution worth every penny for a non-profit

Our event is 6 hours. It's difficult to keep people there for the end of a silent auction. This totally eliminates that problem because they can keep bidding when they are doing other things at the event.

Accelevents review by Fran R.
Fran R.

"Successful collaborative art auction fundraiser, because of an Excellent 24/7 Support Team! "

What do you like best?

This was my first time coordinating an online Mobile Silent Art Auction collaborative fundraiser. Most of our collaborative confidence, in the possibility of a successful fundraiser, in spite of my inexperience, came from the incredible 24/7 excellent AccelEvents support team.

The buyers bidding on the art especially liked the efficiency of being able to view and select their choice of paintings online. Even the buyers who took the time to come to the in-person art show on the first or last day of our 7-day online art auction, came with a list of their selections from the paintings they had seen online.

We liked having the opportunity in our collaborative fundraiser, to introduce each collaborator, with logos, pictures, videos, and their website, as well as sharing more information about our collaborative theme of “Forests."

What do you dislike?

I didn't enjoy my inner fear level, caused by my inexperience. An animated tutorial or an introduction to local people who have already used this software (possibly a Meetup.com group of people), walking me through all the steps might have helped to both lower my awkward beginner's fear-level of being so inexperienced, and also more rapidly increased my ability level. This might have helped me to reduce the number of questions I asked the awesome AccelEvents team, even though their team would still be needed.

Our Topic-Talk Walks (TTW) group is NOT a business. TTW is a social networking group on Meetup.com. TTW collaborates with other individuals and organizations toward science edutainment goals. For this Mobile Silent Art Auction, the “business problems” were actually collaborative challenges of having a very short time frame of less than one month to coordinate this Mobile Silent Art Auction. We like the fact that even though our auction is over, we can continue to use our auction’s link to share our online description of our collaborative theme of “Forests” and each collaborator’s logo and link (https://www.accelevents.com/events/Forests)

Our monetary benefits were a contribution of $164 to each of our 8 collaborators, plus additional money raised after the auction ended. Our social networking benefit was that we are continuing to grow healthy relationships with each collaborator.

Accelevents review by Administrator

"Customer Service is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

This was our second year to use AccelEvents for our online auction and raffle fundraiser. If you do event fundraising you now the first year is a learning curve and the second year is much easier. It was the same for using AccelEvents, much easier the second go around. While easier to use this year we still had a ton of questions and my FAVORITE thing about AccelEvents is the responsivness of Zach and Jon! I'm not sure these guys sleep. I get to work early in the morning and if I live chatted or emailed them they ALWYAS responsded within a few minutes. There were a few times I messaged at night and got the same quick response. Their customer service will keep us coming back. I would recommend AccelEvents if considering doing an online auction!

What do you dislike?

We sell several expierences and last year we did used the ticketing option which didn't work well for our purposes so this year we put the expierences in the auction and it wasn't the best option either. We are still brainstroming how to sell our expierences within the AccelEvents system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using AccelEvents for your event. Their customer service is top notch.

We use AccelEvents to fundraise.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Accelevents helps us break fundraising goals"

What do you like best?

Accelevents allows for higher fundraising and an easily facilitated silent auction. The time and money that we used to invest in creating frames, bid sheets, pens, etc to run an old fashion silent auction is astonishing. Accelevents takes the silent auction process and makes it easier, more efficient, and more exciting for guests.

What do you dislike?

We have a target market of individuals who are not as attached to their phones as younger people may be. Since we have been in existence since 1995 it is hard to make changes to our practices. Some people were confused by the text to bid silent auction, and wanted to have the option to write with the pen and paper. The only trouble for us is getting our donors used to using the new system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes the silent auction process much easier!

We are able to have a more successful silent auction with less hardship on the staff. In particular, the silent auction check out process has become much easier and it is so nice that the guests that win receive a text, because we never had a way to notify them that they won in the past.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Perfect for PTA Small/Midsize Silent Auction "

What do you like best?

Easy to use (admin and bidders), great customer service (online chat and email), low prices!! (we can keep our $$ for our non-profit!)

What do you dislike?

would like the feature to have 3 items that are the same go to the top 3 bidders in 1 auction item listing

We are an elementary school PTA that does a silent auction 1x a year with about 100 items. We were able to raise 33% more funds by taking our auction online with Accelevents last year! Amazing!

Accelevents review by Administrator in Fund-Raising
Administrator in Fund-Raising

"Easy to use and great support"

What do you like best?

I recently used the auction option of Accelevents. The site was easy to set up and the technical support was outstanding (only one real technical issue that was quickly fixed - mostly it was me asking a lot of questions that Zach and team responded to quickly). The connection to Stripe worked quickly and easily. I did make my own small donation through the site because the first payment through Stripe takes about a week - subsequent payments only take a couple of days, so I had the auction winner's money in my organization's bank account within 48 hours. We used it for a single item that the donor wanted auctioned off immediately, but I'll definitely be looking to use Accelevents again for my annual event's silent auction.

What do you dislike?

Stripe credit card fee was a little higher than what I use for other on-line donations.

I had a donated item that needed to be auctioned and no event scheduled at which to hold a live or silent auction. Accelevents gave me the opportunity to set up an on-line auction that met my needs and made the item available to a nation-wide audience.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"The online/mobile fundraising solution I've been looking for."

What do you like best?

Accelevents was exactly the solution we needed for our small charity auction, and better yet, it was at exactly the right price. Very easy-to-use, both as an administrator and an end-user. Support was top-notch. Great functionality that ultimately made our auction more successful.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked a simpler URL, and a punchier product name to reference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accelevents Auction solution is a Home Run for anyone running a silent auction. Our users quickly adopted the mobile bidding option and became excited to participate. Our end fundraising increased by 20% from our previous year.

We are a small community-based charity that runs a number of silent auctions at events during the year. We do not bring in the kind of revenue that can justify the expense of many of the online auction options -- but we really wanted to be able to offer so we could increase participation. The mobile bidding was a huge bonus.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"WOW...really great!"

What do you like best?

I really like the 24/7 support. When running an auction it's nice to know that the guys are there to help you out whenever needed. I also like how cheap it is. Instead of spending thousands, I spent under $300 to make over $20K on the auction and fund a need. That is a steal!!!

What do you dislike?

I think that they need to add a live auction feature to the platform, but they said they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it...really a great platform!!!

We were able to set up the whole auction (silent and live) on the platform as well as the Fund-A-Need.

Accelevents review by Administrator

"Improved my fundraising Revenue "

What do you like best?

-Fun, easy, interactive. Guests at my fundraiser enjoyed using Accelevents over the traditional paper raffles and silent auctions. My event revenue was about 50% higher using this product compared to similar events I hosted using the traditional methods. Would highly recommend.

-Increased event revenue.

-The text raffle was a big talking point during the event, people really had fun with it!

What do you dislike?

-Going into the event I was worried guest would be slow to learn how to use the text based service, this turned out not to be much of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend, much better than using pen and paper/ paper tickets. No other software products like it.

-The end goal of a fundraiser is to raise funds. Accelevents text based system made it fun for guest to use which lead to more raffle ticket sales and more silent auction bids, therefore more funds raised. Would recommend.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Text Auction Software"

What do you like best?

I love the automatic replies and updates. Getting a text when I've been outbid helped me stay on top of things over the week our text auction was open.

What do you dislike?

I wish the display screen was bigger as this was projected during our event but it was hard for people to read.

This was a great addition to our annual auction!

Learning about Accelevents Mobile Auctions?

* We monitor all Accelevents Mobile Auctions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.