About.Me Reviews & Product Details

About.Me Overview

What is About.Me?

Freelancers and entrepreneurs use about.me to grow their audience and get more clients.

About.Me Details

Broadly Reviews
N/A
@getbroadly
660 Twitter followers
Answer a few questions to help the About.Me community
Have you used About.Me before?

About.Me Reviews

Showing 15 About.Me reviews
Already have About.Me?
Executive Finance Account
What do you like best?

It allows promoting the products or services offered by my company through a web page, thus increasing its reach. Its use is very intuitive, which makes it a very simple tool to use, in addition to the fact that it is not necessary to install additional programs on your computer is very beneficial, since we can do everything from the browser. Another point in its favor is the fact that we should not worry about uploading the information we want to see reflected on our page, since the system does it automatically and without so many inconveniences. The process of creating new campaigns is very simple and uncomplicated, where thanks to the step-by-step wizard you can create the pages you want to display without so much complication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In general, the platform works quite well, the only drawback it presents is that currently the basic plan is very restrictive, so if you want to use all the benefits of this platform it is mandatory to hire a pro service to access more functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was used as an additional tool to the curriculum to promote the services that I offer as a professional, where I could also link my portfolio to it, in such a way that just by sharing the link that this tool provides me with all the people who have access To the link you can see my contact information and my work done, so that if you are interested in my work you can contact me by this means. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Environment Specialist
What do you like best?

I have had various experiences with about.me if it is true that it has many really cool functions such as being able to link your resume there and place a direct link on my main page so that more people can view it and get more clients interested in our services I also like it its design since it is very simple and attractive in addition to having predictive text that helps you improve your presentation so that more people can come to see you if that part up there is great we also had bad experiences because when I had a problem technical support I did not give myself the attention I needed, they did not answer my questions or when they did, it was too late since they made me wait even weeks for something that could be solved in a couple of minutes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In addition, I would love for their technical service and customer service to improve since they are really terrible, I would love them to include more templates or to let the profiles be more creative, so a little more of our personality would be in them and therefore they would be more striking for our potential clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

About.me has helped me link my LinkedIn and my blog so I can reach more people and improve My content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President - Client Relations
What do you like best?

It's a good simplified, low resolution storefront for your business. I haven't used it as an individual or freelancer, but as a strong authority profile for my business.

It's really easy to use and super fast to set up, they are also coming up with additional features and options and you can link all your profiles and catalogs from there directly. This means you can have a high authority profile centralized with all your links. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are a bit pushy on the upgrading pop-ups. It's normal, they need to monetize their platform. Also a bigger variety of templates would be appreciated. Other than that, it pretty much does the job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really recommend having a page on About.me, at least start with their free offer and then see if it fits your business requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having high domain authority profiles is hard, and they are vital for the visibility of your business. About.me allows us to have a quality page with all our other profiles linked there. We can refer customers to this page for more information, and the page from about.me is easy to find on google. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Sales Marketing
What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta sobre about.me es que Tiene un diseño de interfaz de usuario muy interactivo una de las características que más me agradan es que puedo organizar mi currículum y vincularlo a mi página principal Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No he tenido muchos problemas pero me agradaría que tuviera mucha más variedad de plantillas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Estamos usando about.me como un blog para dar a conocernos un poco más entre la juventud y así hacernos más atractivos visualmente agregando videos fotos .. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO and Founder
Staffing and Recruiting
What do you like best?

I was able to grow my client base and generate better-qualifed leads. I usually use Linkedin to generate leads, but I was able to find better leads on about.me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that really stood out to me, but it took a second to figure out how to use. It is still a great tool to use, still needs some improvement. Pricing is Ok Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like to be able to customize the lay out a bit more to make it easier to spot things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Generating new leads. Capturing a new audience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

About.me offers a simple solution for creating a landing page (aka personal web page) to showcase who you are to the world. It's tools allow you to do this in under five minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The CTA feature on your personal page is not very customizable, thus you're stuck with a standard list of options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep your landing page clean and simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use my personal About.me page in tandem with my LinkedIn page. It allows me to enhance my personal brand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Strategy Officer
What do you like best?

I like that it's free with great templates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything about. It's doesn't have extravagant features but for a free tool it's great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to share a small bit of information about yourself and/or do not want a personal website, this is a great website. I list it on my LinkedIn and Twitter profiels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It eliminates the need for me to have a separate personal website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

Customization and free features to build your basic web presence and link all your content and social media at one place. You can create your basic resume/ portfolio online and link to your email signature or other places in your blog etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are now a freemium service, with more features you have to pay for. It was free first and now it has grown bigger with more advanced features like video etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check their free version first and build yourself an online presence. It does a good job in SEO and search engine marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Online web presence Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Alexis Deal
What do you like best?

I like that the product is fairly easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything I do not like about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have recommended the product to clients who are starting up new businesses to help them take care of things they may not consider right away, like websites and marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use for customization. I originally created an About.me page to centralize all of my social media accounts and to include a personalized blurb about the hobbies I have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not think I got enough traffic to my page to warrant continued use. I ended up deleting my About.me since I did not see any benefit from using another publicized platform (in addition to the other social media accounts I have). I am also not in an industry where I would need to promote myself in such a way by using personal websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good for personal branding for those who are more aggressive with putting their name out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When recruiters would contact me I would send them my About.me link, and I included it in my email signature as well. About.me is overall another tool in the branding tool box, but if you are not selling yourself, it doesn't have much added value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asset Manager at TCG Property Management
Real Estate
What do you like best?

The leads I get using About.Me are phenomenal, and I am able to create my own profile with my own style! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not enough color choices for my amount of creativity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More color choices for background/template colors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We never used to have enough leads come in. Now that we use About.Me, people see the link in my signature, follow it, and call me for appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mortage Loan Processor
Financial Services
What do you like best?

If you're looking for a quick one page alternative to showcase what you do that includes a snippet to your blog plus a few social media profile links - About.me is a nice option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More design templates would be nice along with better search ranking capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like the embeddable email signature feature of an About.me page. This is one quick and simple way you can share your network of online profiles in a streamlined fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For someone with no prior web experience, I found about.me to very easy to use and customize. All the changes I made were fast and didn't need HTML knowledge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the website would have a glitch and the formatting would be altered for some devices (specifically phones). A quick refresh usually fixed it. Happened a few times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Utilize it as a blog/introduction for students to learn more. We are able to update it constantly with new information and make it visually appealing for students by adding photos, videos, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

It has very attractive and interactive user friendly UI design. It has features like email signature, spotlight button, lead capture, appointment scheduling etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I liked it and feel it is easy to go.As of now do not have anything to say I dont like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend About.Me for those who are in need of web hosting services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was finding a web hosting service for my own blog and found About.me. It is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the platform it gave for people to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not like how sometimes the service was slow or would close itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It lets people decribe themselves. It makes things easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.