Emburse Abacus Reviews & Product Details

Customer Experience Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive and works well with large groups/teams as well as for one-off expenses. In the past it was horrible to have to scan receipts, send them in and then follow what was paid back and what was not.

Now, it is completely seamless. It is easy enough that I typically find myself submitting my expenses in real time. Snap a photo of the receipt, enter the amount, choose the "Why" and categorize. Takes about 45 seconds and I'm done. Then I am alerted when approved and when money is coming back to my bank.

Having had a corporate credit card in the past that still required expense reporting versus just using my own cards and linking to my bank - I would much prefer to just use Abacus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a ton to dislike. The team is always innovating and improving, so really it's just about waiting for them to make it better. Would be nice to link it to my credit cards and then allow me to simply review charges and mark them as "business expense". Then I wouldn't even need the receipts.

Aside from that, maybe allowing saved expenses that I can control/customize. Such as buying supplies for an office event. If I could save all the settings for a custom even I would only need to tap "Holiday party" and it fills in all the sub-categories, that might be cool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can't think of any downsides from a user aspect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I work very cross-functionally and with teams all over the company. As such, I often am running around grabbing last minute supplies for recruiting events, office events, team outings, etc.

The major benefit is time of logging and reporting and ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Emburse Abacus Overview

What is Emburse Abacus?

Submit and manage employee expenses in real time. No more expense reports or receipt hoarding. Capture the expense as it happens for full visibility into spend. Build custom approval routing rules for every expense and automate your expense policy to reduce errors and improve efficiency. The minimalist, sleek interface clears out the clutter and only prompts employees for what is needed, while organizing and sorting expenses into reports as they are submitted. Corporate card reconciliation is a breeze with a master dashboard that gives you full visibility into your entire card program in real time. Issue credit cards in app with auto-enforcing expense rules ensuring that employees don't spend over a pre-approved budget. Abacus supports both virtual and plastic credit cards for every type of use case. Analyze your data with our reporting module. Pivot and slice your expenses by any data points you track such as project, conference, or client to see spending trends. Emburse brings together some of the world’s most powerful and trusted financial automation solutions. As part of our product portfolio, Emburse Abacus carries a promise to humanize work while delivering expense and corporate card solutions for smaller organizations.

Emburse Abacus Details

Real-time employee expense management & reimbursement

Abacus is the only platform to remove the arbitrary employee-generated expense report from the process - making submitting and reviewing expenses faster and more accurate. Each expense is submitted and entered into the system in real time, giving admins instant visibility into spend. Expenses are then automatically and logically organized into Live Reports as they enter the system according to their business purpose.

Live Reports make sure that expenses are always organized. They enable you to review expenses by employee (similar to a traditional expense report), project, client, time interval, or any custom data point important to your business. Reviewing expenses in meaningful combinations (i.e. all of the expenses for a Project sorted by Category) helps you extract insights and context that wouldn't be apparent if you were to only look at an employee-generated expense report.

Emburse
2020
Los Angeles, CA
@emburse

Emburse Abacus Videos

Emburse Abacus Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Emburse Abacus community
Have you used Emburse Abacus before?

Emburse Abacus Reviews

Showing 1,042 Emburse Abacus reviews
Showing 1,042 reviews
Already have Emburse Abacus?
Sales Operations Associate
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use this platform. Everything is straightforward and it's so convenient that it comes in the form of an app so I'm able to submit reimbursements for my company when I'm on the go. I really love how it also displays the status of your reimbursements and how quickly they are processed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Abacus because it's got everything I need :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to quickly submit reimbursements as soon as I upload receipts into the app/website. The fact that the process is so fast is super convenient. I also love how simple it was to add my debit card so the reimbursements are placed directly on my card, rather than having to wait multiple business days for money to be deposited in my bank account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Engineer
What do you like best?

It's easy to login and see all things that matter to me. Submitting an expense and reviewing it is simple. File upload was smooth too. I like that the autocompletes are in the right places. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike in a software like this. There is a list of expenses when you login and you can see if they have been reimbursed or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting my expenses reimbursed. Whenever I make a purchase that can be expensed, I take a photo and keep it on my phone. I can then upload it using phone or computer easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Abacus's mobile application allows me to submit expenses the moment I receive a receipt. While traveling, this makes staying organized so easy. The ability to even submit a meal expense before finishing eating is invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Looking up historical expenses on the mobile application does have its limitations. Although the app improves with each update, I have struggled to try to quickly access the cost of something from years prior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an expense software that is extremely user friendly and great as a mobile experience, I highly recommend trying Emburse Abacus Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the issue of staying organized with receipts while traveling and easily transitioning through multiple currencies while abroad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have about 100 users signed up on the Abacus platform.

From real time submission of expenses to real time admin changes this online software has been very easy to use for our end users and accounting team. Additionally, our field and sales employees have found the Abacus app and desktop version very easy to use so much so we get compliments for haven chosen the software monthly. But the compliment really goes to Abacus for having created such an AWESOME software.

Our previous program would only allow users to submit one report with a months worth of transactions on it after a month had ended. Abacus allows transactions to be submitted and approved throughout the month. From an Accounting standpoint this has given us valuable month-end closing time back in addition to cutting down the time it take to code our credit card statement. Coding of said statement has gone from 4-6 hours a month to 1 hour and that hour includes identifying who has not submitted all the transactions needed.

Lastly, implementation seemed too easy to be true but it was just as easy as they told us it would be. I'm in love <3 in a nerd kind of way. The end. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is great on top of everything so there are no dislikes in my book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking of receipts electronically for auditing purposes without taking up a lot of time from our employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the app is and can be done immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes for my reimbursement to hit my bank account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great to log expenses immediately and while you are on the road. I feel it allows your company to reimburse you sooner and it goes right to your bank account so you don't have to wait on a check. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefit is I can immediately upload my expenses. I have not really had any problems to solve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Of Global Marketing
What do you like best?

I like the fact that there's an app that you can use to upload pics of your receipts. One of the more annoying aspects of their competition is that you have to scan physical receipts and then upload everything on a desktop. Abacus's app makes it easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, it's so easy and pain-free that I haven't found anything to dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Abacus I'm saving time when doing expenses. The benefit is that I'm using that saved time to build the business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff Accountant
What do you like best?

Abacus is super easy to use and has an app that works on both iPhone and Android. It is far superior to SAP Concur which I have used at previous companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little easier to sync over corporate cards or add delegates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for expense reporting both for employees that have corporate cards and for personal expenses we endorse such as wellness and subway monthly passes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Investment Operations Associate
What do you like best?

Abacus interface is concise and easy to look at. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would suggest grouping similar types of expenses in different folders for easy tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy submissions for my monthly expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease and simplicity of use of the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing that has been troublesome or a problem as of yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its simple to use so just play around with it and it should come with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using it for reimbursement and job expenses. It clearly breaks down the expense policy for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

The easy upload and options available when using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found one thing I dislike. It does what it's meant to do in 3 easy steps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it. Reliable and Fast. A great benefit for the employee Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The paper trail and scanning. The benefits works both ways for the employer and employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use, automates so no manual tracking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major that I dislike. Would perhaps like a holding queue for receipts so I don’t have to keep them to take pics later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just buy it. It’s worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving time (used to have to do this manually) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staff Writer
What do you like best?

Clean layout on App, so easy to use, nothing complicated Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. No downside.It is truly amazing. I told a few friends about the interface: clean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's just so organized. I can't begin to say how helpful that is. Organization, simple, good tracking of expenses and reimbursement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It’s clean, easy to use, and fast. Everything is super intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t really come across any cons. The platform itself has been great. Never crashes, always uploads everything I put into it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to expense things without over complicating my life. I don’t have to worry about having to submit or itemize everything I buy and I don’t have to put in massive amounts of details because all of the fields are already there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Ease of use. The platform is streamlined and overall a good UX experience Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no suggestions or feedback on how to improve Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes so much easier and transparent to get reimbursed and see the process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like the modern user interface and the ease of use of the administrative side. It is very intuitive and easy to use and the support is helpful when I have questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I integrate Abacus with Sage Intacct. I wish that I could transfer receipts into Sage Intacct but this feature is not available yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am happy so far with Abacus. The only feature I wish they had was transferring receipts to my accounting system. Other than that, all my needs are bieng met. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were using Nexonia in the past and we had issues with the app. The Abacus app is very easy to use and we have not had any problems with it. Also, our users are much more happier with the experience that Abacus offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

It connects to our bookkeeping software and codes/splits transactions, eliminating the need for manual work. Frees up so much time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike at this point, maybe the reporting options could be a bit easier, but it works well enough Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've solved the need of manually entering and coding transactions, using convoluted spreadsheets, then manually inputting transactions into our bookkeeping software. Saving time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of usability and instructions of what's needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful item is the drop down menu for expenses, which seems to have gotten better Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ease of submitting expenses along with direct payments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Accounts Receivable Manager
What do you like best?

Ease of submitting expenses. Easy to take receipt and upload, categorize, split it if necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no running total of how much left of budget Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How easy it is to upload and allocate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple app interface, easy to get approvals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

make text all caps for some reason on android platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making it easy to expense work for travel etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The abacus travel feature for unsued tickets it's a great addition to the abacus app, we have been using it a lot and we like it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think I like it all, the new things will be useful for the travel expenses since we use it for our internal control Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The international reimbursement its good for us due that some people have international bank accounts so the reimbursement will be faster Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Program Management - People
What do you like best?

Abacus does what it's advertised to do, allowed employees to submit their expenses digitally. It's a pain to administer for our accounting team but the employee experience is decent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Categorizing expenses can get pretty complicated and there some things that seem like they should be intuitive but are actually not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to have everyone fill out an excel template and then submit actual or copies of their physical receipts which was a nightmare. Abacus has definitely streamlined the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.