4.0

10,000ft is a high-level project and resource management tool built for modern teams.

Work for 10,000ft?

Learning about 10,000ft?

10,000ft Reviews

Ask 10,000ft a Question
Showing 83 10,000ft reviews
Christina R.

"Software for time, resourcing, and budget tracking"

What do you like best?

This software is great for tracking your teams time against a project budget. Your team can put in their time daily, getting as granular as what category it is in and notes on what they did. It is great for for live time resourcing and budget management as you assign time to members and as they track their time each day.

What do you dislike?

When archiving projects, the projects will still pop up when searching, which is very confusing when you have multiple projects with the same name, just different years.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very easy tool to use. If you're looking for something to plan our your resources and hours for projects or teams, this is a very helpful tool.

10,000ft has helped me be able to project budgets and resourcing for an entire year. The moment I get a new project I can go in and resource the hours. With this ability I can see exactly when we will need to hire someone new.

Another issue is that it makes it hard to do "what-if" scenarios with resourcing and future planing.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about 10,000ft
Ian H.

"Optimised planning & real time business insight"

What do you like best?

The stand out element for me in 10kft is the clean & uncluttered UI, in order to have team members engage with new applications & tools it needs to be intuitive, easy to use & allow them to see the reasons of why they are being asked to implement new practices or process.

What do you dislike?

I wouldnt say that there are elements of 10kft that I "dislike" I would say that there are perhaps enhancements or innovations that could be explored. The ability to upload assets to specific projects or work items would be handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend taking out the 10kft trial, attempt to use it in a real world scenario & see if it if fit for what your business needs.

This is the second time that I have introduced 10kft to a company at which I have been working. Clearly they are getting something right to the extent that it makes me want to return each time. With the recent improvements to the tool this has made it even more powerful & a great asset to our business transformation.

What Project and Portfolio Management solution do you use?

Katie V.

"Use of 10X as a Project Manager "

What do you like best?

I like that I can accurately keep track of my time and my projects time. It's also nice to be able to keep a daily track of the budget. Another thing that I really like about this program is the expense and fee reports and the time reporting outputs.

What do you dislike?

At times I tend to dislike the calendar view and how you have to drag it to see later months. I also at times find the filtering system does not work properly. There is not much I dislike about this program, as a new user I find it very easy to pick up and use

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool to help you manage your projects and teams

We are solving staffing, time management, and budget problems with our use of 10,000ft. We have realized that is it is beneficial to be able to see the entires staffs schedules and hours billed and planned.

Tilly H.

"Really useful for our agency team"

What do you like best?

I really like that you can see a clear break down of hours for your working day.

We use 10000ft to schedule in our work for clients and to give a clear image of how many hours are being spent on certain areas of work or on certain projects and by which staff. As we often bill hourly, it's really helpful to accurately keep track of our work and invoicing - plus, it's great for organisation!

What do you dislike?

I think the calendar function could do with some tweaking - maybe by allowing you to allocate each block of time to a specific time during the day (e.g. 1 hour on 10000ft can be added to your calendar as 1 hour at 1pm).

Overall though, I think it's easy to use.

It's really helped me to keep on top of my work and to stay organised. It also helps to show which team members may have some free time for meetings, etc during the week.

Robyn H.

"Great Time Tracking and Management Tool"

What do you like best?

It gives summaries of all work on specific projects. It also allows you to track all the work you do as well as what you do in that time. This is super useful when writing reports and feeding back to clients on the work we do for them.

What do you dislike?

All the features are great but there could be more that would mean we wouldn't have to use so many tools alongside it. Perhaps an integration with CRM?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool for agencies and other companies alike where time tracking is important. If you need a tool that helps you track projects and work, 10,000 ft is the one for you.

We have specific hours that we work for each clients each month. 10,000 ft helps us track the time we really spend and the exact things we do in this time. This helps us report back to clients and let them know exactly what we have done. This can then be used to alter the hours we work for them and the cost of their projects.

Maria I.

"User friendly, but not too much options for more complex projects"

What do you like best?

I like it is user friendly and since I am in charge with training new employees within my company, it is not something very difficult for new comers to understand. I also like the possibility of integrating it with other apps.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I cannot customize more the reporting part - for eg. I can select only two categories to show. I cannot create subfilters in reporting - for eg. I select two different people tags and I would like to have a possibility to select the people with both of the tags but, however, I can see all the people who have at least one of them.

The cost management section is really underdeveloped and the tool cannnot be used for this from my point of view, as you only enter the expense category, the date and the values, which is just not enough. Moreover, if you would like to record all expenses, the process is time consuming as you need to go to each project manager and register the expense on their name.

The new task management section is not very useful, as it cannot be used as an action list, since you cannot report it and the statuses are nothing automatic.

time tracking

invoicing for time&material projects

Resource Utilization

Kelly H.

"Transformed how we manage our teams"

What do you like best?

Prior to implementing 10kft, we were using a mix of Excel, Quickbooks reports, and home grown tools to manage burn rates, plan staffing needs, and time sheets. We reviewed multiple options and found 10kft to be the right mix of micro and macro views without the need for weeks of training to get our project management team up and running. The UI was effective, efficient, and easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

Recent updates to the Personal Page seem to focus too much on the micro/due today aspect of a project which is not useful to how we currently utilize 10kft but may be beneficial to others. Wish we could tailor these views to be more useful in how we work.

Excellent tool for both allocating resources both short and long term to get a handle on staffing needs across multiple projects. Useful as a budgeting and burn rate tool through a project's life cycle.

"Use 10k as a project manager ad an advertising agency."

What do you like best?

Visuals make it very easy to quickly determine resource allocation and availability. Interface is visually appealing - soft colors make it easy to work in the tool for extended periods of time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI is difficult to navigate. Moving backwards and forwards between pages will at times erase all of the preset values/filters you've been working with, which can be a nuisance. I've also found when working on a project in the schedule page on the "day" view as opposed to week/month, it can be difficult to move resource allocations. The resources at times become obscured by other elements on the page due to how zoomed in they are.

This is one of the first comprehensive project management tools I've used, however, I find it makes managing tight project budgets very efficient. It's easy to establish a clear resource plan in 10k, and from there, very easy to track the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of that plan.

"10,000ft is Great as a Project Manager - Pricy as a Time Tracker"

What do you like best?

Project summaries rock! The interface isn't difficult to pick up. Using 10,000X sure beat the old method we were using, Microsoft Office over at https://www.office.com/ , to manage projects - we were using Excel! One feature that we used quite a bit was the budget forecasting ability. I have to say, for someone that needs to forecast forward, this 10K ft is something you need to consider.

What do you dislike?

The price. We've moved on to a point where we don't require so much the project management aspect of the product to where what we really need to do is track our employees' hours. We were using (and returned back to XPunch over at https://www.xpunch.com to use its time clock feature to punch in and punch out workers' hours because it's clocks in at only $1 / user / month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We were in a bit of a hurry to implement our solution and so things could have gone better. My best recommendation would be to fully review the support that is available for this product before trying to implement it.

Resource tracking allowed us to get... well, as the name implies, a high altitude look at things. Sometimes your nose is just too close to the painting to get the big picture so to speak. Sorry for the punny jokes.

C

"Project Manager "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to forecast our revenue burn in an easy to understand format. Additionally, it has given us insights into potential resource availability. The team at 10k made the launch of this system an easy integration into our current workflows and offered a lot of support when we were first getting everyone on board.

What do you dislike?

There were some usability issues that we discovered early on but we have been working with the 10K team to think through potential fixes. We did have to create our own unique API integration to track PTO which was something we wish 10K had.

We really appreciate the partnership with 10K and their attention to quickly address the issues that we did have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please take the time to demo this system because it is easy to use and the support is wonderful. It assisted in giving insights to budgets, time and expense tracking, and resource management.

Resource tracking, budget tracking, time and expense tracking. the system has been robust enough to alleviate the issues we were experiencing with our old system. We were using a number of systems and were able to consolidate to use just one system. This type of consolidation and ease of use has given us reporting efficiencies across all teams and has allowed us to save time which equates to new potential revenue.

"Good for the end user, confusing on the admin side"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see my hours broken down by project and what I do compare to the allocation that I have.

What do you dislike?

As a user - I wish there was an easier way to look at allocations details without needing to move to a single day view. I like to review in a monthly view.

I recently started working as a project manager after doing a different job and using 10k as a regular user. 10k is not so friendly for managers. It won't let you review outliers on their own when you view everyone's allocation. It would be nice to get a digest and see which people do not have allocation and who goes over allocation. Also if there was an easy way to set vacation day instead of manually seeing 200% for a specific day and going to delete the allocations because the user is set to 100% day off.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maybe get a UI consultation to make the use easier both on the user and administration side

It gives a nice overview of who is working on what and how much they have on their allocation so we can plan resources very nicely

AC

"Better than excel, but I'm not sure there is ever a good way of doing this"

What do you like best?

It creates good overviews of where people are scheduled to be. It also is good for figuring out costs of features and projects and helps with billing customers T&M.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate with iris/freeagent so we can't use it directly to make invoices, which makes me think we might want to do our time logging in iris. iris, pivotaltracker, and 10k' are 3 useful tools that we use together that don't really link together. We could probably do more with the magic of URLs but I've not found a way to do it that isn't just a lot of running around and updating bits of text in boxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of bad tools for this, spreadsheets being one of them. This tool covers the basics even for a small team and we've had it scale to around 20 people.

It is *really* useful for being able to look back over a long period of time and figure out where you have spent your time and being able to justify that time to whoever needs the justification.

Daniel H.

"Gran control de proyectos por presupuestos y por hora"

What do you like best?

Tenemos un gran control de los datos para cada clientes 10,000 es una gran herramienta de administración, asignación y consumo de presupuestos podemos proyectar muy bien los resultados para tomar decisiones. Me encanta la facilidad para agregar recursos y presupuestos, la facilidad para mostrar y modificar desde el Gant.

What do you dislike?

Seria genial poder gestionar las tareas ahí mismo. No es agradable no poder asignar detalles para la asignación de cada tarea con cada recurso. Solo se pueden asignar detalles del proyecto. si integraran funciones básicas como las de ASANA seria todo lo que necesitaría.

Administro el presupuesto de $ y de horas por cada proyecto y nos arroja muchos datos interesntes

"Easy way to track several clients and projects"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and visual aspects of 10k'. I like that I can bounce between lookin at people and projects and people by projects and get all of the information I need quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could track individuals' time and actuals without having to purchase license seats for each of them. We already have a time management tool. It just takes additional steps to marry up forecasted vs. actuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To really get the full use and everything out of 10,000ft, you need use the time tracking piece.

Prior to 10k' we were using a mix of Excel Spreadsheets, home grown account management software, and Float. All of which required a lot of manual manipulations and tracking to try to get to the information we needed to track and make informed resource management decisions and report back to leadership about resources. 10k' made it easy to see who was on what, forecasted for what, and provided some insights into estimating and forecasting.

Aimee T.

"Completely changed my day to day processes"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can add tasks to 10,000ft and be as detailed as we like - adding tasks, times, notes, assignees and more.

What do you dislike?

I do wish you could drag tasks to other people rather than having to reassign them, but that's such a tiny thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's definitely worth giving 10,000ft a try - it combines the best bits of a project management tool and task scheduler.

It's made it much easier for us to make sure we're delivering the work we've promised to clients - we charge at an hourly rate and 10,000ft helps us ensure we stick to that time.

Shaye C.

"Easy to use time management & budgeting program!"

What do you like best?

On 10k I like the fact that at a glance you can easily see if you project is over or under buget on the main project page.

What do you dislike?

I wish 10k would have more ability to do expenses a bit more smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend 10k. It has been an easy on-boarding system, the 10k team is on call to help whenever needed, and this system has replaced 3 of our previous systems with just one inclusive system!

Acurately align resources to available projects and address project profit or overage. Benefits: understand project timeline, budget, and team instantly in real time.

Zoe O.

"Good for high level forecasting"

What do you like best?

That I can filter by staff who are at certain career levels to see who might be able to help out with staff who are overloaded

What do you dislike?

That each project needs to be manually updated which means we can really only use it for high level forecasting as it becomes too fiddly to import data at anything more detailed than a monthly level.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your business only works on a handful of projects at a time it is great

When we are submitting proposals we are able to look at staff to see who has capacity in the upcoming weeks/mnoths

Katie N.

"Easy to use and keeps us organised"

What do you like best?

I like how each person has individual views but there is also the schedule view so that you can see who has capacity. I also really like the reports and analytics.

What do you dislike?

I wish that archived projects did not show up in the search box at the top of the page as it can be confusing for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is really useful and has lots of different types of functionality for different companies.

We are using it to see how much future capacity we have to take on new projects. It helps to create timelines for future clients.

Agency

"I understand what 10,000ft offers to a company but it feels less useful to actually use the software"

What do you like best?

I like that I can report the time that I have worked on projects. It allows me to see how many hours I have spent at work in a day easily.

What do you dislike?

The navigation aspect isn't easy. It makes reporting my time more of a chore than it does a useful task for senior members of my team. Also understanding the information on the screen at a glance, such as my schedule isn't easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't really have any recommendations. Never used another software although I have seen advertising for lots of other software.

The benefit is that I can see where I am spending my time and what I am spending it on. This means the business knows what is billable hours and how long it takes to work on certain tasks?

"it's a lifesave for agencies"

What do you like best?

Love most of the features - from time tracking to project allocation, but the killer feature is analytics. We are now able to understand where we spend our time better than ever before.

What do you dislike?

We have slightly different work days (have longer lunches 3 days of the week), so time tracking looks a bit wonky and would like to be able to choose a custom length of the work week.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it's great, go for it

Before 10k feet we had no idea how we were spending our time, but more importantly we were not able to look into the future. Now we know exactly how long our contracts and projects will last and when we might need to fill up our pipeline and how many new clients and projects we can take on.

Patricia V.

"User friendly interface, but needs more options for analytics"

What do you like best?

The interface is straightforward and recording time is very easy

What do you dislike?

Reports are challenging as information doesn't always seem to display correctly.

Additionally, it would be helpful to have more reporting options so that for instance both time and fees can be reported against budgeted time and fees.

Having an area to record the percentage of different phases of projects would also be beneficial in understanding the incurred vs. budgeted time and project progress

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Run the trial first and make sure the program suits the company's needs

Having the contract information readily available is very valuable

AT
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Good product with great support"

What do you like best?

The platform is intuitive and easy to use, Time entry and project tracking is fairly well featured. Reliability is top notch haven't had an issue in the more than 2 years we've been using it. Lastly, their support is extremely responsive.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features are a bit lacking. For anything complex you will likely want to export and use excel.The other issue worth mentioning is that if you have to curate/move time entires from job to job or change work categories it is very tedious as you will have to delete the existing entries and create new ones in many cases.

We use 10,000ft to track the performance of all of our projects which range from fixed price engagements to retainer agreements without having to do any heavy customizations or development,

Christoph M.

"Our perfect tool for consulting business"

What do you like best?

We are a consulting boutique (30 people) and use 10.000ft to plan projects and track hours. For us its the best solution available. I most like the easy overview of scheduled hours and the analysis area

What do you dislike?

Some dashboards would be amazing, e.g. to see load / overload etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its easy to use and provides basic functionality. For us it fits perfect. Make sure it fits for you first as it is no full fledged solution

Planning projects (on week slot basis) for consulting and tracking hours to bill clients

AI

"Good resource management and project management tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly setup projects, assign resource. The resource view is of great value to us and one of the main reasons we have stayed using the product.

What do you dislike?

The main issue is the cost, as we need to increase our licence to over 20 people and at $450 a month which is over priced. Gantt chart functionality and better exporting options would be a great addition. Integration to Jira is also a must for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cost is the main concern, smaller companies will see this as a better value product

Resource management is the real business benefit for us. We can see want anyone person is doing and working on. The reporting aspect is a great feature and used for our KPI production.

Agency

"Buen administrador, mal diseño "

What do you like best?

Es interesante poder ver en 10,000ft las gráficas lineales que muestran el avance o consumo de tiempo en los proyecto , así como es sencillo ver quien trabajo en cada proyecto y cuanto tiempo invirtió, así como poder revisar el presupuesto y los costos .

La opción de poder dividir los proyectos por tiempos, gasto y avances esta genial.

- La opción de crear el reporte final del proyecto es buena pero deberían existir más filtros.

-La pantalla del reporte de horas "Times and expenses" es agradable a la vista

- Los filtros laterales de las pestañas como: My Views, Shared Views, Show son utiles para la optimización de búsqueda.

What do you dislike?

- Las paginas muestran mucha información que aveces no es facil digerir para una persona que no esta al tanto de la data, Yo como Account Executive no puedo distinguir la data mas importante de la irrelevante .

Los reportes del proyecto deberían tener más filtros para solo mostrar la data que le interesa al cliente.

- La pantalla del reporte de horas personal "Today" no se logra entender del todo

- La pestaña "Proyect portfolio" tiene un aspecto de lista que no resulta accesible y rapido

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Precio

diseño

Servicio tecnico

Optimización en la entrega de reporte de horas y costos de los proyectos

Mayor transparencia sobre quien y en que trabaja dentro del proyecto.

Mayor control de la data

Learn more about 10,000ft

10,000ft Videos

Learning about 10,000ft?

* We monitor all 10,000ft reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0